• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungeon 4 is giving me a Digital Devil Saga vibe for some reason. It's fun so far but I think I might be seriously overleveled. It's weird, since I've only been to Mementos a couple of times.

Also, I'm weak and bought the Persona 3 DLC. I needed those Gekkoukan uniforms, dammit.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Makoto when she's introduced is basically

latest

MTC100

Banned
Finished the fourth palace now, still 20 days left until the showdown though. It's really insane how those dungeons take as long as some other single player games as a whole... It wasn't that crazy in P4 I think. It's almost at a point it gets annoying but I'm already playing at easy, however it's damn hard if you don't have any SP regen stuff aside from useless things that give you 30SP lol...

I guess I should level up that death soul link quickly.

massoluk

Banned
I was waiting to see if they were going to fix it. They did sorta, but who knows if I will like the outcome. I still am in chapter 1 when I stopped. lol

I will second everyone that you should take time with this much superior game. And no amount of patch can fix the last half of that game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, I hit the deadline, and just managed to max out Futaba in time. Wow, that was cutting it close.

I maxed out a good number of confidants, but nowhere near all of them. I never even met Tower or Sun. Maxed out my stats, though!

MTC100

Banned
I just got done with dungeon 4 and I'm at 60 hours. I'm hoping I'm no where near half way done with the game.

54 hours here, good to see I'm not the slowest here xD

Yes, I guess we're half way through probably. People say it takes about 100 hours so it will take me 110 and you will need 120 hours for your first playthrough ^^

Well, I hit the deadline, and just managed to max out Futaba in time. Wow, that was cutting it close.

I maxed out a good number of confidants, but nowhere near all of them. I never even met Tower or Sun. Maxed out my stats, though!

You need to find a way to experience Sun. It's easily one of the best Confidants in the game.

PixelatedBookake

You never did the Sun confidant? It was a great story. Also Tower gives you dope as fuck gun abilities.

Sucks they only work in dungeons. I was going to buy them, but not if they don't show up everywhere. Specially since they are so expensive.

Shit, I didn't know that. I haven't even tried them on yet since I'm currently in a dungeon and need to pick them up at Leblanc. You got me again, Atlus!

Zackat

the guys in this third dungeon are kickin my butt :/ they keep getting crits/weak hits on the MC and killing him in one turn.

Opa-Pa

Sun confidant really is great. I like it with media depicts politician characters as genuinely good people for a change.

Also the way the confidants and the abilities they give both make sense and are useful is pretty great.

CHC

GodDAMN this is good so far. About three-ish hours in, but I wound up getting cock-blocked by an incomplete download thanks to PSN's godawful speeds.

nOoblet16

Finally got to the end of this shitty dungeon, I'm just glad don't have to listen to that dubstep like crap music ever again, it made my ears actually hurt so much that I avoided wearing headphones.

Very first day:
I just started the game so perhaps I'm missing something or its revealed later... but why does everyone I meet hate me for saving a woman? I thought maybe people were misunderstanding what happened but the guy taking care of me recounted the events and still gave me shit about it... It seems really strange. I dont think most people would react negatively to me saving a woman being harassed like that

Rozart

I hate running out of lockpicks.

If I choose to go to the palace to send out a calling card, am I still allowed to go unlock some unopened chests before heading to the treasure room?

Shouta

Is it worth buying the two DLC Personas on the EU store? Orpheus and Izangi.

If you like them, then yeah. They're pretty powerful and can be used right away, so they kind of mess up the early game. You can also fuse new versions of them once you buy them so you can create your own custom Orpheus or Izanagi, or Picaro versions if you prefer those.

I used Izanagi Picaro for quite a decent chunk of my first run through the game.

Opa-Pa

Picaro Izanagi is way too cool, I need it, but... Money is tight.

Bump damn this thread moves fast lol

Depends on the difficulty level, in hard mode is kind of a must. Generally all party members are good, but there has to be some sinergy, IE having every member be physical-based with only one person healing can be tough.

I just started the game so perhaps I'm missing something or its revealed later... but why does everyone I meet hate me for saving a woman? I thought maybe people were misunderstanding what happened but the guy taking care of me recounted the events and still gave me shit about it... It seems really strange. I dont think most people would react negatively to me saving a woman being harassed like that

Because that never got out. The guy he stopped threatened the woman so she never came forward with what happened and the police were in his pocket so he made up assault charges.

As far as anyone else knows the MC just assaulted a dude in front of a woman.

Very first day:

this is explained later

Because that never got out. The guy he stopped threatened the woman so she never came forward with what happened and the police were in his pocket so he made up assault charges.

As far as anyone else knows the MC just assaulted a dude in front of a woman.

Thanks, I misunderstood and when the guy taking care of you said it I thought he knew all the details, but if he only knew that then their reactions make more sense

Opa-Pa

What? You can do this? Where is this star arcana? Can I missi t?

Yeah I just got it myself.

There's a plot-related texting where
the gang talks about a female shogi player that's usually at some church.
You'll gain access to the church and the confidant with the girl after that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I cleared the third dungeon but here's a pretty useful tip regarding it/calling cards since people have talked about morgana so much in this thread:

After the send the calling card you can spend that night making infiltration tools, you're considered too tired for anything else but I didn't realize that worked until this dungeon. So there's some free proficiency you might be missing, I thought those days were total washes before.

Rozart

How important is team composition? Is it critical to pick the right members or does it not really matter?

It's best to have every element covered and I like to run with two healers (not including myself) but I honestly don't think that it matters much.

Dammit.
I just wasted two days @ the last palace I was at then (1 day for unlocking unopened chests + 1 day to send out the calling card). Oh well.

RPGCrazied

Yeah I just got it myself.

There's a plot-related texting where
the gang talks about a female shogi player that's usually at some church.
You'll gain access to the church and the confidant with the girl after that.

Oh, I know where she is, but don't meet the requirements for talking to her. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, Morgana's VA is putting in some killer work.

Also people were right, I really like
Haru
but she really could use more development and time to know her.

So, uh, I just started the Chihaya social link/confidant... and her, the table and I are blue. Actually, the background character(s) are, too.

Not like totally blue, but tinted blue. Is this a known glitch or am I just lucky?

Griss

Damn, I've gotten 5 classroom questions wrong in a row :(

Sucks missing out on those free points. But seriously... dreams in black and white? Only three pools of gold? Hard to believe. Well damn, I'm getting an education here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom