• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Fortune Confidant

100k just to get started on this social link seems to be a bit much. I'm only at 7/1 as of this post, and I have 174,745 yen, should I save up some more cash or just buy that stone asap?
it's a really good link in terms of benefits. One of the abilities allows you to get a bit closer to any confidant you choose without spending time for 5000 yen allowing you to progress social links that can't advance yet without wasting time

silva1991

CVSL0KWl.jpg

ok now it feels like a persona game

How?

96d2f7f1aa8250b3a1925521d3ae70fa.gif

I got this guy without doing tower social link and so he didn't level up for me :(

He was still great though.

Question about Fortune Confidant

100k just to get started on this social link seems to be a bit much. I'm only at 7/1 as of this post, and I have 174,745 yen, should I save up some more cash or just buy that stone asap?

Do it. If you can go to Mementos with 4-6 quests, you'll gain that money back in no time. The abilities you get from that Arcana are pretty useful, especially if you get it high level earlier.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's not the first time it's happened in this thread. It's even in the title of the thread but people still can't seem to wrap their heads around it.

It's called being human and making mistakes, pls forgive us remembering to label is sometimes as hard as withstanding the absolute force telling you to click spoiler tagged things despite not wanting to be spoiled. As for how this can happen well sometimes people like me have several thread tabs open and we confuse the threads we're posting in or not so much confuse but more like not paying attention.

So sorry for that. But also I'd very much love if people would take up some responsibility within spoiler culture.
If something seems iffy and unclear because mistakes happen like I said just quoting or asking if its safe is a very viable solution if you care that much.
I don't think that's unreasonable and I've been generally super careful about spoilers.

In any case thanks though I don't feel half as bad given
This is not how you do a spoiler.

Fuck you, thanks.

PK Gaming

Ri2fjAL.png

Null Blessing
Null Ice
Ali Dance
Advice
Medirama
Megidolaon
Null Phys
Brave Blade.

I had one that was even stronger in stats after a bunch more time in the Velvet room.

Has no weaknesses, avoids criticals at a higher rate, critcals like crazy on attack, can heal, and deal with enemies that reflect physical attacks.

The trick to using the Gallows more than once a day is to do it, then save your persona in the compendium. Get rid of it and then resummon it from the compendium again. It's very cash intensive. You can also manipulate its status gains.

Question

Does Joker's level affect the damage formula, or does his Persona do that? In P4, I believe the protagonist's level affected the damage formula, which meant you could do stuff like drag Izanagi to endgame fairly effortlessly.

Omfg... I'm sorry. First off, I'm loving this games style and everything..

But by god is the first 10 hours for me a pain. I just want to get to the grind already.

Edit: tutorial after tutorial, stopping and starting.. let me play!😡

Stalwart

For anyone who's started the Tower link, how the hell do I get Drop Shot to work in battle? I just unloaded a full clip with 3 different characters into a treasure monster and it didn't crit.

Linkura

Ann S. Link 9:
Is it bad that I don't want to become lovers because I don't want to cockblock a fucking cat?

...And honestly she's pretty childish.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Might not be the right thread to discuss this in-depth—more of a thing for the spoiler thread—but I fail to see (Persona 4 Spoilers)
what was brilliant about the Izanami twist. Even back then, it felt really tacked on and I wondered if they had just added it to the game, with a single bit of foreshadowing added to the start, once the main plot was done with.

But isn't the foreshadowing
literally in the entire premise that all of the questions haven't been answered? What about the dream in Yomotsu Hirasaka at the beginning of the game? Sure, the murders have been solved but the question of HOW DID WE GET THESE POWERS has been hanging in the air since the very beginning of the game. It's like not seeing the forest because of the trees. In a game where the whole theme revolves around finding the truth, the normal ending is the perfect red herring. The true ending and Izanami only come out of left field if you really don't think about the story.

On topic though, I just finished Palace 3. I'm a bit overleveled and have a lot of money so I'm not complaining. :)

Mailbox

Temperance Confidant constantly makes me feel uncomfortable.
WHY IS YOUR HAND ON MY LEG!
(talks keep happening)
YOUR HAND IS STILL ON MY LEG!

So I played p4 all the way through, but there are a few things I'm still not 100% on. When it says ",not yet ready to advance", does that mean that visit is useless or do I have to do multiple of those visits? I noticed in p4 that sometimes without doing anything different, events would happen that would auto improve a link.

"Not ready to advance" just means you don't have enough social points with that character to move up a level. If you spend time with them, the notes that appear above them specify the amount of social points you gained with that link.

So spending time with them isn't in vain. You just gain social points so that next time they might increase in level. Tip to make sure you don't have to do this often: Have a persona w/ the same arcana as they represent. In leveling events you will gain much much more than w/o the persona, and in "not ready" moments you'll also gain a lot. (though i'm guessing you already knew that.)

So far, i've noticed i've had to do this much much less than in past persona games.

nOoblet16

it's a really good link in terms of benefits. One of the abilities allows you to get a bit closer to any confidant you choose without spending time for 5000 yen allowing you to progress social links that can't advance yet without wasting time
Yes but you have to spend all that money and time to even get to the point where you can start blowing up that much money just so you don't have to spend the extra hanging out session with someone. I get that overall it'll save time but I doubt it saves by that big of a margin considering you are essentially spending around 20 meetup sessions to fully rank up the Fortune confidant plus whatever time you spend getting money (100k for first and 5k a piece later).

I know you can make a lot of money mid game onwards but still.

Alucrid

Banned
How?

96d2f7f1aa8250b3a1925521d3ae70fa.gif

I got this guy without doing tower social link and so he didn't level up for me :(

He was still great though.

a lot of fusing

You need Advice/Advise or whatever on there for the additional crit chance.

hm can you transfer apt pupil through strengthening? i never figured out how that worked, if the inherited skill was random or always the same.

also, can some personas just not inherit certain skills? tried to get satan with inferno but it just wouldn't. was able to get panta rhei and thunder reign on him just fine though (inferno was the one skill that wasn't able to be inherited)

Yes but you have to spend all that money and time to even get to the point where you can start blowing up that much money just so you don't have to spend the extra hanging out session with someone. I get that overall it'll save time but I doubt it saves by that big of a margin considering you are essentially spending around 20 meetup sessions to fully rank up the Fortune confidant plus whatever time you spend getting money (100k for first and 5k a piece later).

I know you can make a lot of money mid game onwards but still.
That ability is actually not the max rank ability for fortune. And by the end of the link you get the initial 100k back. And money is not exactly in short supply in this game

Hikami

spoiled pictures doesn't work on mobile
Most people don't know that, it's going to keep happening.

If you're on mobile and don't want to risk getting spoiled by images just go to settings and make it so images are hidden unless you tap on em.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The fifth dungeon is just dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I don't know how many days it would take without SP Adhesive 3 on all four main party members......... goddamnnnnnnn. Somehow managed to power through it in just one day.

WTF is the music too, Meguro.

Good boss-fight tho.

I'm honestly so bad at fusing. I just fuse random stuff that seems like a good idea until I get something properly leveled. No strategy at all.

Just aim for elemental skills that your main party members don't cover and healing skills, you can't go wrong with those. Make sure someone in the party knows Dekunda/Dekaja too.

The fifth dungeon is just dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I don't know how many days it would take without SP Adhesive 3 on all four main party members......... goddamnnnnnnn. Somehow managed to power through it in just one day.

WTF is the music too, Meguro.

Good boss-fight tho.
I got through in one day on normal difficulty with an Sp adhesive 3 on my main char and nobody else, but it was super rough

brian!

I've always felt the Persona protagonists have had their own underlying character traits in the past (Makoto Yuki being more quiet, somber, and introverted while Yu Narukami being more calm, collected and insightful) so seeing them push that even further has really been a treat for me. Originally playing Persona 3 I projected myself onto the protagonist but from then on I've seen them as their own individual character, almost asking his conscious for advice on what to say.

Hell yeah same here

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I got through in one day on normal difficulty with an Sp adhesive 3 on my main char and nobody else, but it was super rough

Haemmm on 2nd thought maybe it's not that bad since by the end all of my main party members have comfortable SP due to all of them equipping SP Adhesive 3. It's just that the dungeon seemed to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....

There's something super messed up about getting Becky to Level 10 and
romancing her, then using her massage so you can have an activity at night after a dungeon...and using it to spend time with another woman

Good thing I'm not a monster.

Unlike you people who don't like Becky.

Hikami

7th palace question

Do you get forced out at any point? (Besides the first time you go in)
Or can you just go from the start to treasure room/send calling card.

I'm planning on doing a Arsene only run next playthrough. Do skill cards transfer? Or is it just the social stats and compendium?
Already planning my next playthrough since I only have a month left :(

Recall

How do you unlock more Mementos quests? I only have the original two and I don't know how to unlock more. I'm on 4th June. Cheers

Sounds like you're up to
Summer
and yes, that is much less than halfway.

Aw sweet, thanks.

Also, does anyone know what
Makoto
says in her Rank Three Confidant event when you reply with "
Beep Boop?
" Apparently, it's really funny, but as I went to load game to see it (I rotate my saves) I accidentally saved over it...Nearly got screwed by a spoilery thumbnail when looking for a video of it

Menitta

I'm planning on doing a Arsene only run next playthrough. Do skill cards transfer? Or is it just the social stats and compendium?
Already planning my next playthrough since I only have a month left :(

My first run of P4G was Izunagi only. I wanted to do that with Arsene in this but I didn't have any other personas during the fusion tutorial and couldn't keep him.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How do you unlock more Mementos quests? I only have the original two and I don't know how to unlock more. I'm on 4th June. Cheers

They're tied to game progression and also Confidant progression (many Confidants have their own Mementos quests)

Oh, there are some who are unlocked through part time jobs too, such as the one that unlocks when you commit to the 777 job three times..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom