• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ready for New Game+. Let's do it in English this time.

cWSWy5o.jpg

megalowho

The way the group gelled together in 4 honestly always rubbed me the wrong way. Everything felt too "nice" in order to make you feel like king shit of inaba.

I honestly thought 4 was a stepdown from 3 and I'm glad 5 is back to not constantly masturbating you as king god protagonist..
5 feels like a good balance between Scooby Doo camaraderie and characters with faults thrown together by circumstance. The outcast theme ties it together nicely.

Also that avatar is fire

Aw sweet, thanks.

Also, does anyone know what
Makoto
says in her Rank Three Confidant event when you reply with "
Beep Boop?
" Apparently, it's really funny, but as I went to load game to see it (I rotate my saves) I accidentally saved over it...Nearly got screwed by a spoilery thumbnail when looking for a video of it

She just asks you not to tease her.

I'm in December and Mishima is rank 8 but he hasn't been free for weeks. Is his confidant locked?

I also did every request too so I'm puzzled because he's the only thing that's stopping me from maxing all confidants.

massoluk

Banned
Just finished 5th dungeon

Oh boy...
Shit got darker. Something tell me I'll hate the next few months and be wrecked.
I applauded the guts to go there with dark route with Phantom Thiefs framed for obvious upcoming suicide of high profile dude.

Salaadin

Do Mementos requests ever expire?
I'm trying to space out Mementos runs but I want to grind a little bit. It's 7/3 and I only have 1 request so it feels wasteful. If I go in now, can I just compile a shitload of them later on and clear them at once?

Venfayth

Some of these "enter romance yes/no" parts of confidants are just cruel lol. It actually makes the rank 10 scenes a little awkward.

I know right.

It hurts me inside when you can tell they're let down.

I will make it up (I guess?) by doing a complete polygamy run.

It's too bad they tied Mona to that lol. Just makes people hate her.

Indeed. I've also seen so many people stressed out about DVDs when I don't even think it's possible to actually have to pay the late fee.

CHC

I feel like we need one of those sparkly flaming hip hop gifs that says that the real game begins on 4/18.

Just got there and phew, this is the Persona I remember. That was one LONG ass guided intro.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like we need one of those sparkly flaming hip hop gifs that says that the real game begins on 4/18.

Just got there and phew, this is the Persona I remember. That was one LONG ass guided intro.

I think anyone who played persona before know all about longass intros.

This one was way better done than 4.

FluxWaveZ

But isn't the foreshadowing
literally in the entire premise that all of the questions haven't been answered? What about the dream in Yomotsu Hirasaka at the beginning of the game? Sure, the murders have been solved but the question of HOW DID WE GET THESE POWERS has been hanging in the air since the very beginning of the game. It's like not seeing the forest because of the trees. In a game where the whole theme revolves around finding the truth, the normal ending is the perfect red herring. The true ending and Izanami only come out of left field if you really don't think about the story.

Persona 4 Spoilers:
There's the part where it's tied to the overarching theme of the game of searching for the truth, sure, along with its mythological relevance. But there's also the part where I didn't really need an explanation for those things. The nature of the Velvet Room isn't explored or explained in Persona 4. I didn't dislike the Izanami twist, but I also certainly didn't need it. It still came out of nowhere to me, lacking in hints built up throughout the story. It didn't help that it came at a time where I felt the game could have ended without a problem (which it can, when you go for the Good ending).

I felt Persona 5 did a better job in that regard.

I've always felt the Persona protagonists have had their own underlying character traits in the past (Makoto Yuki being more quiet, somber, and introverted while Yu Narukami being more calm, collected and insightful) so seeing them push that even further has really been a treat for me. Originally playing Persona 3 I projected myself onto the protagonist but from then on I've seen them as their own individual character, almost asking his conscious for advice on what to say.

Here's how Soejima described it:
Because the protagonists in the Persona series do not speak, the Persona 3 character was designed to be the introverted type, the Persona 4 character to be the type who talks with his expressions, and so on. For Persona 5, Soejima imagined the type who plans things but does not talk about them. Soejima thinks of a new type of reticent hero character every time.

Late October spoilers and potentially spoilery speculation!

Was anyone else actually relieved when the popularity poll went down? With how unnaturally high it was (90 goddamn percent?!) and the dungeon 3 mention of representations of the city outside of the palaces themselves (plus an inconsistency I've been waiting to have explained right from the beginning of the game), I was expecting the city to actually be distorted on the level that the general public was going to cheer on public executions via vigilante.

Don't confirm or deny my speculation!

Elfstruck

Welp. I'm stuck at the
2nd trap in Chamber of rejection
in the 4th palace. Do I take
the orb from the first trap and put into the 2nd anubis?

gun_haver

Is there any penalty for doing a romance option with all of the characters/more than one? I haven't gotten anybody to level 10 yet (I will soon...), but I want to see the romance scenes for everybody if possible.

No spoilers on specifics, just a simple yes or no - can you romance everybody without it blocking off others or having a gameplay penalty?

I definitely get the feeling that P3, P4, and P5 have distinct protagonists with their own unique personalities. I've really enjoyed that about the games.

rugioh

Banned
Anyone have tips for Palace 3 Farming?

I have the SP Regen Gels so I can stay inside on the first day as long as I want up to the treasure, and I need to stock up at least 200k for the Fortune arcana + Temperance levels before I get out. For some reason when I get high pixie groups I either instakill them (Ryuji) or they leave after the first request for money, and I never get a chance to keep pushing for more. How can I make money quicker while I'm in here????

Saprol

Welp. I'm stuck at the
2nd trap in Chamber of rejection
in the 4th palace. Do I take
the orb from the first trap and put into the 2nd anubis?
Yeah go for it. I dunno what the curse was. I guess it was enemies spawning when you walk nearby.

mike6467

Is there any penalty for doing a romance option with all of the characters/more than one? I haven't gotten anybody to level 10 yet (I will soon...), but I want to see the romance scenes for everybody if possible.

No spoilers on specifics, just a simple yes or no - can you romance everybody without it blocking off others or having a gameplay penalty?

I'd like to see a solid answer on this too. From some stuff I read earlier it seems (no spoilers on specifics)
there's no actual gameplay penalties, and you can romance them all,
it just affects a cutscene at some point?

If someone could verify this or correct me I'd appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom