• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I don't know what I'd do if I was Sae and had to listen to around 70 hours of teenage hijinks in Tokyo.

- I spent 10,000 yen on gatcha pods
- I stood around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do with my afternoon/evening.
- I got my fortune told to help me be more kind, but ending up not doing anything with it that day.
- I lost a bunch of money on lotto tickets.
- I looked in the fridge again, and while there was food in there, I couldn't make a meal with what I had.
- I thought about washing dirty laundry but decided to have my maid do it for me because I an interesting night life where I head to the jamba juice and then the diner to hang out with my cat.
- I...

*cut to shot of Sae furiously scribbling down every minute detail

YaBish

Freaking love hanging out with Yusuke, maybe because it reminds me of hanging out with my art family back in HS. His dialogue makes me laugh the hardest.

Jiraiza

Yeah, maybe don't tell me to calm down there, boss.

What I'm saying is that elevating
a physical beating
to the same level as a
sexual assault
completely undercuts everything that arc was trying to do. A lot of the stuff surrounding Shuyin in general has to do with how women get taken advantage of by men who hold power over them.
Frankly put, Ryuji just didn't deserve a place in that apology. Not saying he never should have gotten one -- there very well could have been a separate scene where Kamoshida apologized to both Ryuji and Mishima (and hell the entire volleyball and track team) -- but thematically it's just not important.

Alright, sorry, I shouldn't have said that. But I still don't agree with Ryuji not getting a mention since he was still a big victim.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Add Sojiro, Yoshida and Kawakami and I'm in.
Hell yes.

This game hit the perfect middle ground in terms of tone. It's lighter than 3's crushing obsession with death and loneliness, but heavier than 4's Scooby Doo mystery solving team.

Persona 3

20936.jpg

Persona 4

25ce2156797499ef52e56861021a48b2.jpg

Persona 5

visual02.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Makoto max rank confidant

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. My motorbiiiiike.

Yeah, this was a pretty disheartening moment for me. And for pretty much everyone who will experience it, too.

Bad decision; I don't know why they did this. Maybe there's a thematic reason conveying her growth and all that, but I wouldn't really care even if that was the case.

Astral

- I spent 10,000 yen on gatcha pods
- I stood around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do with my afternoon/evening.
- I got my fortune told to help me be more kind, but ending up not doing anything with it that day.
- I lost a bunch of money on lotto tickets.
- I looked in the fridge again, and while there was food in there, I couldn't make a meal with what I had.
- I thought about washing dirty laundry but decided to have my maid do it for me because I an interesting night life where I head to the jamba juice and diner to hang out with my cat.
- I...

*cut to shot of Sae furiously scribbling down every minute detail

"I cheated on your sister with multiple women including my doctor, my teacher, my caretaker's daughter, some journalist lady, my friend Ann, etc."

God damn. Choosing a girl to romance is the most crippling decision I've ever made in a game.

It doesn't help that Ann's S. Link starts so early compared to the others. I already had her at Level 7 before the next one even started and now I feel like I need to put on the breaks a little.

I kind of feel like a lot of the confidants level up too quickly. Game keeps opening up new hangout locations that I can't use because just about every time someone is leveling up.

Opa-Pa

couldn't agree more, so smooth! there's so much good music in this game!

I also love how meguro go back to his roots with this one :

Keeper of Lust

Remind me a lot of his ps2 soundtracks like Devil Digital Saga

Man! My girlfriend is a huge fan of the DDS games and I described the mini-boss music to her as "something you'd hear in DDS1" haha. Meguro is one of the most versatile and greatest composers out there, I hope he participates in the new SMT game that's in the works too.

Jiraiza

Hell yes.

This game hit the perfect middle ground in terms of tone. It's lighter than 3's crushing obsession with death and loneliness, but heavier than 4's Scooby Doo mystery solving team.

I'd like to see them tackle the working adult life one day. Would be a nice change of pace from school schenanigans.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd like to see them tackle the working adult life one day. Would be a nice change of pace from school schenanigans.
250px-Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg

I need this but with modern Persona conventions. P5's supporting cast is perfect for it

FluxWaveZ

There's Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. Given the game's sales performance, I don't know if Atlus would be willing to try something like that ever again.

daveo42

Banned
"I cheated on your sister with multiple women including my doctor, my teacher, my caretaker's daughter, some journalist lady, my friend Ann, etc."

I'm actually doing the opposite of that this time around. I already turned down Ann. Now I just need to decide if I want to go canon or get hot with teacher.

Opa-Pa

Same, Persona 2 EP has my favorite cast in any RPG and big reason for that is that they're all very well written adults.

Sadly the focus on socializing and romance will never allow us to get that again, I think... Unless they change up the formula again, which I don't see them doing anytime soon.

RalchAC

Same, Persona 2 EP has my favorite cast in any RPG and big reason for that is that they're all very well written adults.

Sadly the focus on socializing and romance will never allow us to get that again, I think... Unless they change up the formula again, which I don't see them doing anytime soon.

How are the university years in Japan anyway? I don't see how you couldn't keep most of the systems with a cast that's 18-23 years old. But things may be different over there

Fandangox

I still need Adultsona 5: Adventures of Sae, Iwai and Takemi. I will pine for it until the day I die
or at least for a few years

I was thinking earlier that this game's confidants would make good parallels to the Eternal Punishment cast.

You have the older Sister of one of your party members, and she is a detective, playing as her would show things from her perspective and make her more sympathetic, just like Katsuya.

Iwai parallels Baofu as they both have
ties to the mafia

Ichiko doesn't really have much in common with Maya, but they are both journalists.

and all 3 games (Both P2s and P5) have a Joker.

It writes itself!

We will never get adults as party member in a Persona game again.

Are all the girls romanceable? That's kind of lame.

All of them except
the one that's got you in cuffs and the velvet twins
yup.

But hey, this more realistic than past games. Those MCs had(P3/4 Slink spoilers)
robots, Supernatural velvet room thrall chicks, and nationally famous pop stars
pining over them

P6, Early-to late 20's female protagonist LET'S DO IT. We might be ready in 2026 for it, which is probably the next time we'll see a mainline Persona game anyway.

Man! My girlfriend is a huge fan of the DDS games and I described the mini-boss music to her as "something you'd hear in DDS1" haha. Meguro is one of the most versatile and greatest composers out there, I hope he participates in the new SMT game that's in the works too.

Damn, wish i could find a girlfriend with these kind of tastes (but we can't be too picky, haha)

anyway, can't wait to hear the next dungeons music and the final boss (currently on the 5th dungeon), hope it's as memorable as P3 final boss or DDS1 Part 1 final boss!

zulux21

do the Picaro Sets do anything interesting or do they just give you access to the weak personas from persona 3/4 o_O

Damn, wish i could find a girlfriend with these kind of tastes (but we can't be too picky, haha)

anyway, can't wait to hear the next dungeons music and the final boss (currently on the 5th dungeon), hope it's as memorable as P3 final boss or DDS1 Part 1 final boss!

it can have its downsides...
I mean I lose all access to persona 5 when my wife gets home from work because it's her turn to play it :p
I just get the time after i get off work until she gets home from work, or after she goes to bed lol.

I'm actually doing the opposite of that this time around. I already turned down Ann. Now I just need to decide if I want to go canon or get hot with teacher.

Wait, wouldn't Ann be canon? I thought Lovers links were usually the canon choice?

Ya'll are killing me the Makoto stuff. Is it actually not worth romancing her or is it something else putting you off?

FluxWaveZ

Wait, wouldn't Ann be canon? I thought Lovers links were usually the canon choice?

No, there is no canon choice. If you want to really talk about "canon" routes, based on the projects which followed Persona 3 and Persona 4, it would be a platonic relationship with everyone.

Ya'll are killing me the Makoto stuff. Is it actually not worth romancing her or is it something else putting you off?

It's something that happens once you get to level 10 with her, whether you romance her or not.

zulux21

I'm holding out hope for a 1-2 punch with P5 and P6 like we got with P3 and P4....

A fool's hope =(

I think persona 6 will be faster.

part of the length of persona 5's development was them getting used to HD game design and thus why they made catherine.

I wouldn't be that surprised if persona 6 came out in 2020 or so as the ps5 is on the way.

mike6467

Can someone please clarify what the consequences are of going romance with all of them? I've seriously not been able to find a real answer to this.

Astral

I was going in with the intention of being faithful this time and all was going well with Takemi standing out above Ann but then I met Makoto. And then I met Kawakami. I think I'll like Futaba too. Sigh.

pablito

Question for people that have beaten it, and
romanced Makoto. Does Sae comment on it at all? I think it would a cool touch if they did, but I'm not expecting it. Yes or no works.

FluxWaveZ

I think persona 6 will be faster.

part of the length of persona 5's development was them getting used to HD game design and thus why they made catherine.

I wouldn't be that surprised if persona 6 came out in 2020 or so as the ps5 is on the way.

Despite the core of the Persona 5 creative team having shifted to a whole different studio and project?

Question for people that have beaten it, and
romanced Makoto. Does Sae comment on it at all? I think it would a cool touch if they did, but I'm not expecting it. Yes or no works.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom