• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man every time I see Daisoujou my mind immediately went to Nocturne and how having him in that game was just basically easy mode throughout, lol.

Im about to hit the 4th palace and havent gone up a rank with Akechi or Yusuke. Oh well.

I really need to decide on stats to go into too. Trying to balance everything is kinda leading nowhere.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Im about to hit the 4th palace and havent gone up a rank with Akechi or Yusuke. Oh well.

I really need to decide on stats to go into too. Trying to balance everything is kinda leading nowhere.

Leave Guts as the last, I'd say.

Prioritize Charm for Makoto, Kindness for Futaba, and Proficiency for Haru/Yusuke, while the best Confidant bonus in this game is locked behind Knowledge 5.

What is locked behind Guts level 5?

how do I make the
Kiwami
do my laundry?

Just go to the laundromat and you will be prompted whether you want to do it yourself or have her doing it.

If you have her at 9 IIRC or max you can do it for free.

Yeah. I imagine Matador and Daisoujou are the most remembered demons (you can use) from Nocturne. Maybe Trumpeter as well.

Too bad Matador is such a chump Persona in this game, hahaha.

zelhawks37

Just got to the 5th palace. (story spoilers)
Got a bad feeling with Adachi especially when he is seen spying you as you enter into the palace. Im kind of suspicious of ryugi too, but thats a stretch. So many possible villains so far...

70 hours in and I'm still absolutely baffled as to why they lock you out of Café LeBlanc until Evening once you step out. If you choose not to leave the house, you can do two time slots worth of stuff inside, but if you step out then change your mind, you're shit out of luck for the daytime slot if you wanted to do something around it?

I can't even justify it as being a balance choice. I don't see what it's trying to balance. And you would think they would balance around letting you go in and out of LeBlanc freely, not the other way around.

Jiraiza

7/25:

GIEi92p.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Xeteh

It's actually real easy to get an OP persona early on.

Capture that rare ghost persona.

Yeah, you're actually right. Just between Yen and SP it feels like its harder to pull that off. I didn't feel comfortable enough to go through a dungeon in one day until the 3rd and that is ignoring any game forced retreats.

Zolo

Dungeon 3:
Okay. Got done beating 2f in this bank and just beat this mini-boss guard. Pretty easy using marin karin on the oni bodyguards and confused the mini-boss. Guess that means the treasure should be...*looks at new map for 3f*

*sigh*

my "pet peeve" with persona all the way back to 3 is if you have the day off from school, your day should be morning/afternoon/evening

edit:
or is there a social link perk for that in 5?

Xeteh

Is it okay if I name my group Teen Titans? I wanted to call them Young Justice, but it didn't work.

Last time I called them Phantom Dust :p

Yeah, for sure. You're free to call them whatever. I stuck with the default because they call them "The Phantom Thieves" constantly.

I will say the best name I've seen in this thread was someone that called the team "Heart/Attack". Sorry, don't remember who did but its pretty rad.

Opa-Pa

Yusuke is a gentleman and he was actually admiring the pyramid! He even says so himself later haha.

Note to self: Look up the P5 manga immediately after finishing the game.

The new models are so good. Just fused Principality last night and was impressed by how detailed it was. Such an upgrade.

Not gonna lie, Mementos quests feel like an adventure because I'm always super eager to see which demon pops up as a boss haha. I had to fight a couple and I was crossing my fingers so they'd be Titania and Oberon in her old designs, and what do you know, they were!

10/29 Spoilers

Man, that
Sae
is a super jerk, I really hate-

*One Palace Infiltration Later*

O_________O

Jesus, lord above, that fucking dress and make-up. Why dear sweet god can I not romance her
. If there was a just and kind and caring god, they'd change this in the eventual rerelease.

Xeteh

10/29 Spoilers

Man, that
Sae
is a super jerk, I really hate-

*One Palace Infiltration Later*

O_________O

Jesus, lord above, that fucking dress and make-up. Why dear sweet god can I not romance her
. If there was a just and kind and caring god, they'd change this in the eventual rerelease.

... you legit went through the exact same thought process I did.
I was really into Sae when the game started up and it was obvious she was important to the story... then you get to her Palace and holy shit. Yes please.

Yeah, for sure. You're free to call them whatever. I stuck with the default because they call them "The Phantom Thieves" constantly.

I will say the best name I've seen in this thread was someone that called the team "Heart/Attack". Sorry, don't remember who did but its pretty rad.

Young Justice sounds better... but the "e" didn't fit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dungeon 3:
Okay. Got done beating 2f in this bank and just beat this mini-boss guard. Pretty easy using marin karin on the oni bodyguards and confused the mini-boss. Guess that means the treasure should be...*looks at new map for 3f*

*sigh*

Wait till you get to Dungeon 5, lol.

SP Adhesive 3. preferably in all your main party members at the very least, is pretty much a requirement if you want to secure the infiltration route in one day.

Dungeon 4:

Do I have to worry about Futaba waking up on time?

Nah, she wakes up at the month's end, just like usual, lol.

Eylos

Banned
Wow this quote i Saw a similar one in Paulo Freire book (pedagogy of the opressed) "when education is not liberating the dreams of the oppressed is to be oppressor"

iwno16S.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I named my team Moon Knights. *Shrug*

raveking

Banned
What's the general consensus with
Shadow Madarame, I knew what was going to happen before hand, but I died at least three times and I'm on normal. However I found that taking out the nose and eyes first were easier than taking out the mouth which took longer. Adapting a little bit helped and it actually wasn't that bad once I got that figured out...it should also be noted that I was level 20 which was above the average lol...

Xeteh

Do you seriously need 100k ¥ to start the sl with
the fortune teller!?
wtf.

Money is really only an issue early on. I wouldn't stress it too much, at the point you meet her you're really close to when it stops being an issue... money, that is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Do you seriously need 100k ¥ to start the sl with
the fortune teller!?
wtf.

It's not that bad if you go to Mementos, and her services are invaluable if you want to maximize Social Stat or Confidants as soon as possible.

Shadow Madarame, I knew what was going to happen before hand, but I died at least three times and I'm on normal. However I found that taking out the nose and eyes first were easier than taking out the mouth which took longer. Adapting a little bit helped and it actually wasn't that bad once I got that figured out...it should also be noted that I was level 20 which was above the average lol...

I got my 1st game-over from him. Always leave the mouth as the last, and make use of Ann's Tarunda.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

He was a really interesting and fun boss and the next 2 were kind of a disappointment coming from him.

Zolo

Alright! Got through the third dungeon with even a couple coffees to spare! Need to make some lockpicks since there was one locked chest I missed though when I send the calling card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom