• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

Let's be real: The MC is a stingy Scrooge. You gain all this hundreds of thousands of yen in dungeons, and you get to hold all the dough to spend however.

Meanwhile, poor bro Yosuke is crying to me about how he can't afford food or train fair. Come on... I'd never leave a brother hanging like that.

S65Wdkd.jpg

Finally finished the first dungeon, I like the way they expanded the final boss of a dungeon since you'll always have full hp/sp for a boss and the game feels balanced around that.

Perineum

Damn. Running low on sp-restoring items in the third dungeon. I think I can make it to the end, but I don't know if I can beat the inevitable guard/mini-boss with the amount of sp I'll have left.

You got this. Just save frequently. Maybe avoid an encounter or two if you can in the last section.

Palace 3 sucks because it isn't even grindable IMO due to all the damn Oni's and shit afoot.

I ended up grinding to level 30 after in Momentos instead. I think I went from like level 21 to 24 or 25 here in Palace 3? Loved the dungeon overall and boss, but ugh Oni.

ramyeon

True, but without a guide it can be kind of grindy and expensive to level it through all the fusions you have to do. I'm just now working towards rank 5 which wants 3 separate fusions. Ugh.
I've always found it best to just do the Velvet Room attendant fusion requests around end game in Persona. Pretty easy to get them all when you don't have to worry about money and have a nearly full compendium.

DMiz

I wonder how many people will have caught onto that. Maybe my love of Ace Attorney and Danganronpa trained me to catch onto details like that real quick.

Same. I still remember that the first thing I did before the end of that scene was
press the Log button to check to see if anybody else had said it that was not Morgana, and was pleased with myself when I realized that nobody else did.

ramyeon

You got this. Just save frequently. Maybe avoid an encounter or two if you can in the last section.

Palace 3 sucks because it isn't even grindable IMO due to all the damn Oni's and shit afoot.

I ended up grinding to level 30 after in Momentos instead. I think I went from like level 21 to 24 or 25 here in Palace 3? Loved the dungeon overall and boss, but ugh Oni.
Oni are a joke if you're using status ailments.

Perineum

But dog... Art is love, art is life. If he can't succeed in art he is dropped out of school and is completely SoL.

I'm just saying if you were a phantom bro and you had 500K Yen like I do... wouldn't you hook Yosuke up with a bit to help with food? Or buy him some groceries?

I love me some Fox man.

Granted so far my favorite characters are Ryuji and Makoto. Makoto is bae so far.

Zolo

I just use Marin Karin on oni. And yeah. I'm trying to avoid fighting anything not in my direct path now. I have two coffees left, so I figure I'll fight the boss once, die, and then figure where I need to put my SP at.

Perineum

Oni are a joke if you're using status ailments.

Like dizzy and sleep? Yeah I usually just want the hard knock down on enemies lol.

As for the other post about raising STR at the end... well I'd like to have it somewhat leveled throughout the game in order to take advantage of its perks.

ramyeon

Like dizzy and sleep? Yeah I usually just want the hard knock down on enemies lol.

As for the other post about raising STR at the end... well I'd like to have it somewhat leveled throughout the game in order to take advantage of its perks.
Yeah they're very susceptible to confuse, charm, sleep etc. and when they're in that state you can abuse it by getting Technical hits on them.

MSMrRound

A question to you guys who have also finished the game.
Does anyone else feel mild regret at having watched PV3 and 4? They revealed how Haru joins you, the 4th dungeon boss, some of the more interesting gimmicks like painting travelling in the art museum or the space airlock, and much of the footage was from the anime cutscenes near the end of the game. I felt that slightly reduced the wow factor when I actually got to those points in the game.

Kinda, I still went "wow" whenever we get a awakening scene+the screen does the "float up and pop" transition to the friend awakening battle and we get to see the demons in high definition while Will Power played in the back. So good.

Perineum

I just use Marin Karin on oni. And yeah. I'm trying to avoid fighting anything not in my direct path now. I have two coffees left, so I figure I'll fight the boss once, die, and then figure where I need to put my SP at.

Well don't worry too hard, the "mini boss" at the end before you dip out to send the card was a push over from what I recall.

My dungeon runs on normal haven't been too tough. I have done them all in one go, but 3 did have me actually use SP items, and not let me grind it at all.

MSMrRound

I usually stick with Ann for Dormina so that I can cast the enemy to sleep while I figure out my next move. Also if you use Psy skills on enemies you tend to hit harder. Dormina+psy usually allows my MC to hit some 150~198 (basic 4sp Psy skill) on sleeping Onis

cheez124

i just had a group of enemies get 4 crits in a row. ended up dying, of course

how does stuff like that even happen lol. i have the worst luck

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played 30 hours of P5 so far and apparnetly im still early on according to the thread. At work im watching P4 endurance run, whilst thinking about P5.

I dont know where it will fall in my goty list, but when games claw their way inside my brain like that its always a good sign.

Griss

God damn it! Third boss spoilers
I assumed I'd get the soma back when I fucking threw it! What a bloody waste, he was one hit from dying anyway, I just wanted to see what would happen. Jesus, way to flush 50k / a great item down the drain.
Honestly kind of pisses me off.

Xeteh

I assumed I'd get the soma back when I fucking threw it! What a bloody waste, he was one hit from dying anyway, I just wanted to see what would happen. Jesus, way to flush 50k / a great item down the drain.

Ouch, that hurts. At least you're coming up to the point where its hard not to make more Yen than you need.

Perineum

played 30 hours of P5 so far and apparnetly im still early on according to the thread. At work im watching P4 endurance run, whilst thinking about P5.

I dont know where it will fall in my goty list, but when games claw their way inside my brain like that its always a good sign.

I am using my collectors edition bag for work, the OST is playing in my car driving around, I sneak in P5 time in the morning and night when I can, up in this thread, and can't get enough.

For my game tastes it will most likely come down between this and Destiny 2 this year for GOTY... but I have a feeling P5 will win in the end if the story pans out.

I have run into an unexpected problem: every time I go to Mementos, I fall asleep. Literally, in real life. I think it's because I can't stand having to go in for just one or two requests so I end up trying to grind money for a while and it's BOOOOOOOORING. This latest request for
the guy cheating at video games
is especially bad because
you have to go in twice! Like, I don't got time for this shit, I have confidants and stats to level up dammit!

Also, I love that there's a thread ripping on Morgana for telling you to go to sleep all the time, because fuck that cat. (early September spoilers)
turns out Morgana is an immature piece of shit who can't stand that people might disagree with him on the "let's fucking change everyone's hearts as soon as humanly possible even though all this attention makes everyone nervous, and so decides everyone can fuck off just because of his own insecurities.

English Kawakami doesn't even try not to sound exactly like Yukari haha.

For me its Ohya, she sounds like a more upbeat Yukiko.

Thanks all, now I'm going to try to forget both these comments so I don't also hear THE ECHOES OF PERSONAS PAST in my head when I talk to these two.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh wow, Haru is such an adorable girl.

Honestly didn't expect to like her character this much. Such a sweet girl.

It's like Mitsuru but with Fuuka's personality.

Hylian7

Between second and third dungeon:
When Akechi overheard the conversation about going to the theme park and chimed in, he said he liked the sound of pancakes... Morgana was the only one that said anything about pancakes... This dude can hear Morgana. I wonder if anyone else picked up on that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have run into an unexpected problem: every time I go to Mementos, I fall asleep. Literally, in real life. I think it's because I can't stand having to go in for just one or two requests so I end up trying to grind money for a while and it's BOOOOOOOORING. This latest request for
the guy cheating at video games
is especially bad because
you have to go in twice! Like, I don't got time for this shit, I have confidants and stats to level up dammit!

Build it up to like 5 or 6 and then go.

If I were you I would redo the fight. He's not even that hard.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Between second and third dungeon:
When Akechi overheard the conversation about going to the theme park and chimed in, he said he liked the sound of pancakes... Morgana was the only one that said anything about pancakes... This dude can hear Morgana. I wonder if anyone else picked up on that.

Well that's plenty obvious for the player, but the characters are just way too dumb to realize it :/

Zafir

Damn, just finished it. Clocked in at 100 hours 11mins - there's some idle time mixed into that timer, but it ended up being longer than I thought. Pretty happy with how it ended too.

Maybe a few very minor annoyances, main one being with regards to the dungeons being a tad too repetitive at times, like reusing the same puzzles over and over. That said, they're still MASSIVE improvements over 3 and 4.

Overall, I loved it though. The story was gripping until the very end. Great cast too. Possibly my favourite cast out 3, 4 and 5. I think the only minor complaint with the cast is that even when they have fun little meet ups, they possibly talked a bit too much about phantom thieves stuff (September spoilers)
Hawaii being a prime example of this.

I'm probably just going to start another play through straight away, there was quite a few social links I ended up not finishing. Might turn the difficulty down though. I played it on Normal, and while it wasn't that difficult overall (besides the usual Persona BS death shenanigans) I think doing a lot of those dungeons again so soon would probably burn me out on them.

Man, it's gonna be a hard wait until Persona 6 in 202X. :(

raveking

Banned
Got that batting trophy boys!!! LOL I thought this was going to be a hard one since I sucked at the batting cage, but after watching a vid that gave you some tips on how to hit that home run really helped. Had to reload my save three times to finally get it, but I'm proud of myself!
5g2pJuF.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
im in mid august and i only have level 3 charm, i think im close to level 4, but what do i doooooooooo

Fix THAT UP QUICKLY for the best girl in the game.

I just realized that I never started Makoto's Social link...where do I find her?

just beat the 4th dungeon
(in summer vacation)

Makoto is either at the front of the school (if there's no school) or at the front of the student council room/library when school is in session.

Rebellious Elephant is some grade A bullshit monster.

He's pretty manageable. Just make sure have everyone guard and have the MC use Curse magic, just rely on All-Out attack to beat him. Maybe use Ann's Tarunda if you feel like it.

suracity

End game spoiler!

I am amazed you guys can
catch the pancake remark. It totally flied over my head. Akechi reveal caught me off guard completely. I still think this is one of the best set-up ever. During interrogations Sae commented on the police inside info but looking back it's actually Makoto who stole the data. Then the most amazing part is the group actually had this under control from the beginning.

Zafir

how much knowledge should i be aiming at for the second round of exams in july?

I had level 4 knowledge by that point, and that gave me top 10.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about getting high on the exams earlier in the game. To get the top score it seems to need level 5 anyway. Which you just aren't going to have. The rewards aren't exactly anything to write home about anyway.

Zolo

Medicinal baths on Monday and Thursday

Yeah. I focused on this for each of those nights until it was rainy season where I studied at the cafe and drank coffee for intelligence and guts since I didn't know if I could expect another rainy season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom