• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelhawks37

Between palace 4 and palace 5 spoilers:
That Hawaii vacation was perfect given the characters. They are so freaking spoiled with city life. I did like the ending of the trip where you choose a character to accompany you. I chose Makoto. :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Between palace 4 and palace 5 spoilers:
That Hawaii vacation was perfect given the characters. They are so freaking spoiled with city life. I did like the ending of the trip where you choose a character to accompany you. I chose Makoto. :)

Seriously, is there a single person out there that chose hanging out with Ryuji + mishima over makoto? :p

kagamin

Finished the game at 91 hours and 20 minutes, that was a great experience and I enjoyed every second. :p
For reference I started playing on Tuesday evening of last week.

Vanadium

Do you seriously need 100k ¥ to start the sl with
the fortune teller!?
wtf.

Not too hard. I remember I literally made
bank
in Palace 3. Probably walked out with maybe 70,000円.

Or, after some mementos runs, offloading extra stuff to the gun guy and a few nights selling flowers, you'll be closer than you think.

pixxxelz

100K is super easy to get honestly.
Eh, is no that easy at this point.
Money is really only an issue early on. I wouldn't stress it too much, at the point you meet her you're really close to when it stops being an issue... money, that is.

It's not that bad if you go to Mementos, and her services are invaluable if you want to maximize Social Stat or Confidants as soon as possible.

I got my 1st game-over from him. Always leave the mouth as the last, and make use of Ann's Tarunda.

Well I have 80k right now but if that's the case then I guess I'll go extort some shadows before doing anything else (Thanks no good tora)
Team name: the reds
I called them heartless, couldn't think of anything else :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when does
fortune lady
show up so I know to have the cash around that time?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Reached the barrier in the 2nd palace. Not sure if I should try and grind some more or not. I'm around lvl 16 and 125,000¥ . The grindings more about the money lol

About to head into the 4th dungeon at level 35, what Persona are people using for their healing needs? I'm still mostly coming along ones with media, which is losing effectiveness.

Opa-Pa

About to head into the 4th dungeon at level 35, what Persona are people using for their healing needs? I'm still mostly coming along ones with media, which is losing effectiveness.

I had a Phoenix with diarama/media/recarm + divine grace (increases effectiveness of healing skills), but your Morgana should be learning mediarama very soon by that point. I still don't have any personas with it myself.

Pachinko

Well, I'm now on 05/16 and I'm really liking this game. Looks like things are about to pick up storywise again too.

So , is there no way to check how many points/notes you've collected in an individual stat on your characters ranking ? I've managed to get guts up to 2 and many points have been handed to various other stats but I've no real idea how close I am to a stat up , like where the description of your character changes. These various attributes seem pretty important outside of the metaverse and while I don't exactly want to do any hardcore min/maxing I also don't want to end up halfway through the game with pretty low numbers.

Xeteh

Well, I'm now on 05/16 and I'm really liking this game. Looks like things are about to pick up storywise again too.

So , is there no way to check how many points/notes you've collected in an individual stat on your characters ranking ? I've managed to get guts up to 2 and many points have been handed to various other stats but I've no real idea how close I am to a stat up , like where the description of your character changes. These various attributes seem pretty important outside of the metaverse and while I don't exactly want to do any hardcore min/maxing I also don't want to end up halfway through the game with pretty low numbers.

Yeah, they are important but no there's no way to tell how close you are to the next rank. I've got Persona experience so I had an idea how to spend my time... and while I didn't end the game with 100% Links/Stats I still ended with most links maxed and 5/5/5/5/4 on stats. Don't stress it, do your own thing.

ramyeon

Phoenix with Divine Grace and Media is a good stop gap until you get higher tier party healing spells.
I had a Phoenix with diarama/media/recarm + divine grace (increases effectiveness of healing skills), but your Morgana should be learning mediarama very soon by that point. I still don't have any personas with it myself.
Haha yep this. This was my go to heal during Palace 4. Although I think at some point I fused its skills onto Nigi Mitama.

I was really looking forward to her, but I don't like her persona/metaverse looks at all. Very disappointing.

I love her metaverse look but I don't think it matches up to what I thought her personality was going to be. I still like her a lot but there's no real aggressive, gruff tomboy in this game.

And that makes me sad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That early in the game? I barely got enough but shit adds up if you focus on social links early.

i have like 150k from mementos and shit (and thats buying all the best gear too) and I dont even met her yet so yes.

mileS

So does the Sun confidant decide just to take off for a month or something??

Speaking of that. Is there a good list around somewhere that shows when certain confidants are locked from increasing bond (story or date wise) or when some of them take breaks?

Squishy3

Speaking of that. Is there a good list around somewhere that shows when certain confidants are locked from increasing bond (story or date wise) or when some of them take breaks?
The only one that I saw that ended up getting completely locked off (at least in my experience) was Sun, and that was somewhere in November.

remz

I love her metaverse look but I don't think it matches up to what I thought her personality was going to be. I still like her a lot but there's no real aggressive, gruff tomboy in this game.

And that makes me sad.

It was pretty disappointing to be tbh that after her introduction as the hardest of hardasses in the Metaverse she kind of softens into "slightly tuff brain" or Donatello from ninja turtles. Her melee attack animation is still really good at least

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Makoto has the best Phantom Thief design outside of the hero, IMO

I know. The usual "Ambush > Hit their weakness > All-out attack" tactic should work. Which shadows are giving you trouble?

The sorceress who casts despair on everyone, then uses that one ability that insta kills if you have despair. I dont think she has a weakness, actually. Most other instances are just turn order that screws me over.

Xeteh

Yep. Although they're all pretty solid. I feel like Ann's is the weakest for me.

Ann's would be fine if they didn't decide she needs "sexy pose" for everything. She stands there all "sexy" she casts "sexy" even when she's down to a crit/weakness its just her butt in the air.

I legit like Ann but her role seems to be fanservice and thats just lame.

cheesekao

The sorceress who casts despair on everyone, then uses that one ability that insta kills if you have despair. I dont think she has a weakness, actually. Most other instances are just turn order that screws me over.
For those without weaknesses, I just use my best AOE attack skills with Yusuke, Ryuji and Makoto. I play on normal and that normally kills them in one round. SP isn't a problem at that point in the game so you always have enough SP to heal.

FluxWaveZ

Ann's would be fine if they didn't decide she needs "sexy pose" for everything. She stands there all "sexy" she casts "sexy" even when she's down to a crit/weakness its just her butt in the air.

She was clearly meant to be the Fujiko Mine (in training) of the group. It's why I like that she finally (Palace 7 Spoilers)
shows hints of coming into her role as a social infiltrator when acting as a noble to fool the man at the pool.

It seems that she's meant to be totally fine with flaunting her attractiveness, though it's not conveyed very much. It's why I wish heists were more elaborate at times like the (Early Palace Spoiler)
Palace 2 climax where the team makes this whole plan to nab the treasure.
The individual roles and talents of the Phantom Thieves would be highlighted more like that.

Post-5th palace spoilers:

Obviously this could change with later story developments, but it's really weird to me that Haru doesn't at least suspect the Phantom Thieves. I know she's kind of one of them now, but it's not like she's ever had any experience with this before and her father did just die. At the very least, she doesn't even seem angry or sad about her father being dead. I was honestly hoping for her to leave the party temporarily because of what happened. It'd sure make a lot more sense than when Morgana left the party because he's a dick.

So at first I thought the same thing too about her crit/weakness pose, but it turns out Yusuke has the exact same pose when his weakness is hit. I don't know if that applies to everyone.

Xeteh

She was clearly meant to be the Fujiko Mine (in training) of the group. It's why I like that she finally (Palace 7 Spoilers)
shows hints of coming into her role as a social infiltrator when acting as a noble to fool the man at the pool.

It seems that she's meant to be totally fine with flaunting her attractiveness, though it's not conveyed very much. It's why I wish heists were more elaborate at times like the (Early Palace Spoiler)
Palace 2 climax where the team makes this whole plan to nab the treasure.
The individual roles and talents of the Phantom Thieves would be highlighted more like that.

You're not wrong and that would be a really good way to lean in to it. Just going to spoiler it just in case.
Her s.link is even introduced by Sae as some seductress and they even start her with Yusuke having terrible acting skills. It never really uses that though, even though she's embarassed by her Panther costume at the start of the game she never really comes in to the role aside from that moment in the 7th Palace. Yeah, she's a model and what not but the femme fatale is only hinted at through her starting Persona, it isn't earned beyond her being cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom