• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

You going 4 > Golden because of Teddie? I get why but I still think Golden is a better package.

I still couldn't pick FES or P3P at gunpoint these days. The differences are too hard.
Nope, Golden was way too easy. All the changes they made messed with the balance. Marie was kind of awful too. I loved the added Winter months in Inaba though. Snowflakes is GOAT.

P3P doesn't add much that appeals to me. FeMC is a nice addition but I prefer the canon MC. Game was not designed around direct party control and while many hated the auto control of vanilla P3 I never had any issue with it so long as I was using commands correctly.

Sephend

Trying to figure out how to most efficiently do Mementos is giving me anxiety about time management. I started the 3rd palace scenario now and still haven't gone back since the first forced time. Should I just only go in after multiple confidants progress is locked? It just seems like a waste of time that could be spent on stats otherwise.

(MAJOR PROBABLY END GAME SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK)
I had two things spoiled: 1. the flashback storytelling uses an unreliable narrator and 2. Igor is a fake and the usual Igor makes an appearance.

In the least spoilery terms possible, how badly have I ruined the game for myself? Are there still any big surprises left?

For me it's P4G > P4 > P5 > P3
For me (Still on Palace 3 atm so this could change)

Gameplay:
P5 > P4G > P3P > P4 > P3

Story/Confidants/Social Links
P5 > P3P = P3 > P4G > P4

Overall:
P5 > P4G = P3P > P3 > P4

So yeah, still riding the P5 hype train here, with no effin' breaks.

Edit: Added P3P which is one of the best! Counting P3FeMC side only though. Assume P3FES.

Xeteh

Nope, Golden was way too easy. All the changes they made messed with the balance. Marie was kind of awful too. I loved the added Winter months in Inaba though. Snowflakes is GOAT.

P3P doesn't add much that appeals to me. FeMC is a nice addition but I prefer the canon MC. Game was not designed around direct party control and while many hated the auto control of vanilla P3 I never had any issue with it so long as I was using commands correctly.

Fair enough.

I legit have memories of yelling at my TV because Mitsuru is using Marin Karin again... while I think the presentation of PSFES is far better than P3P I can't really choose between it and control. That isn't even factoring in FeMC.

You're apparently also a hater, Marie is awesome.

I had two things spoiled: 1. the flashback storytelling uses an unreliable narrator and 2. Igor is a fake and the usual Igor makes an appearance.

In the least spoilery terms possible, how badly have I ruined the game for myself? Are there still any big surprises left?

I'm not sure what you're asking.
Have you seen these scenes yourself or are you asking how much you've ruined yourself based on this knowledge?

I'm also aware I worded that question in the nerdiest way possible. Sorry, been drinking.

Palace 4 spoilers
just finished and my heart wants to pop out of its chest. That was great, while I still prefered 3 from a gameplay and visual point of view 3 really felt like it topped some high marks of 3 and 4 for me.

I can't say for 2 (had that spoiled for myself as well) but 1 isn't a big deal IMO. Can't really elaborate on that as that actually enters into spoiler territory.

I'm not sure what you're asking.
Have you seen these scenes yourself or are you asking how much you've ruined yourself based on this knowledge?
The latter. I don't know any details.
I can't say for 2 (had that spoiled for myself as well) but 1 isn't a big deal IMO. Can't really elaborate on that as that actually enters into spoiler territory.

Let's be in pain together.

Finished the 3rd palace - really dug the music in that palace, much more than music in the previous ones. Boss fight was a let down, though.

Mild spoilers about the palace:
I actually really enjoyed the challenge of how long it was. I actually was forced to decide whether to use SP items or not (since I didn't have the SP recovery accessory yet). And there were some parts where I went full Solid Snake and had to sneak by enemies just because I didn't want to waste SP or get into a fight that could kick my ass because I was running on fumes by the end. Also really dug the bank/vault theme.

So far I'd say 3 > 1 > 2 for me in terms of the Palaces. Now time to level up some stats and up some Confidant links!

BluWacky

I am in the final dungeon -
depths of Mementos

One hit kills without warning and no save points yet; I'm on my fourth go through now...

I am very much ready for this game to end. It's soooooooooo long. At least I have the luxury of a long holiday at the moment; how on earth can you keep up the motivation to play this for so long with limited time? I'm pushing up to 70 hours (and the wisdom of having played this game for coming up to 3 days is not great...) and I've been skipping cutscenes or leaving them running while I do something else to get through it - gaming is not my only hobby...!

There's much to like about it, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have played for so long, but I still think the game wastes an enormous amount of the player's time with chains of superfluous cutscenes and staggered unlocking.

Xeteh

The latter. I don't know any details.

Sorry, I completely misread your question.
You've spoiled some pretty important plot points but I wouldn't say you've ruined the game. I'm trying to think of how I would take the final few hours knowing what you know and while it might take the fun out of some twists I think you're still good. The unreliable narrator is definitely a thing but that alone doesn't ruin much and Igor is a cool twist but without context it doesn't make much sense.

Sorry, I completely misread your question.
You've spoiled some pretty important plot points but I wouldn't say you've ruined the game. I'm trying to think of how I would take the final few hours knowing what you know and while it might take the fun out of some twists I think you're still good. The unreliable narrator is definitely a thing but that alone doesn't ruin much and Igor is a cool twist but without context it doesn't make much sense.

Thanks. I want to believe.

ramyeon

I legit have memories of yelling at my TV because Mitsuru is using Marin Karin again...
Honestly never understood the Mitsuru memes cause it never happened to me. I actually liked only being able to issue commands at the time, although it's been awhile since I've played it that way.

Xeteh

Thanks. I want to believe.

No problem, I get where you're coming from. I spoiled myself to (6th palace things)
Shadow Sae being a thing beforehand and I was super worried I ruined the game for myself. Honestly, I think you're still good.

Honestly never understood the Mitsuru memes cause it never happened to me. I actually liked only being able to issue commands at the time, although it's been awhile since I've played it that way.

No joke, the final boss of P3 probably took me an extra 15 minutes (and an entire attempt) because her AI refused to be useful. P3FES was my first Persona game so I was learning as I went along and there was a moment where she Marin Karin'd instead of being the support I was hoping she'd be... and it took me several rounds to recover.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
SHE'S SO MEAN TO MAKOTO, WTF
November spoilers

This is important to her eventual role in the story though. Shadow Sae and her palace are one of the highlights of the entire game. Even her boss fight is super fun and unique.

Later November, post dungeon spoilers

Her role afterwards is great too. She goes full ally and never looks back.

Kain

People complain about the Souls series being hard. Hah, nothing is harder than trying to get the right attacks in P3. For example I made the mistake once of counting on Yukari for healing. Once.

In P3 you were a one man army because you had to do everything by yourself. And Thanatos forbid you got to the last dungeon without being rested and having grinded plenty. There was no escape and Nyx was hard. And long. All the puns intended.

Xeteh

November spoilers

This is important to her eventual role in the story though. Shadow Sae and her palace are one of the highlights of the entire game. Even her boss fight is super fun and unique.

At this point I know where it goes but I don't want to reply to Antiwhippy because I'm not sure how to phrase it without being spoilery. Won't lie though, I went from super stoked about Sae to being really annoyed with her when her scenes shifted to her interactions with Makoto.

kagamin

November spoilers

Let's do this fair and square!

chrono01

Probably a strange question, but I began playing this game today (love it so far) and I was kind of in a rush when I was inputting my character name. I went with "Akira Kuruzu", as I heard it was the most "canon" one as of now (until we receive the eventual anime, of course), but I'm not entirely sure I entered them in the correct order.

I know sometimes, when it comes to Japanese names, it goes family name first and then your given name, but I'm not sure how it was set up in the English release. I just want to be sure that people are calling me by the correct names, but so far it seems like everything is going correctly (friends are calling me "Akira", while teachers and such refer to me as "Kurusu-kun").

Xeteh

Probably a strange question, but I began playing this game today (love it so far) and I was kind of in a rush when I was inputting my character name. I went with "Akira Kuruzu", as I heard it was the most "canon" one as of now (until we receive the eventual anime, of course), but I'm not entirely sure I entered them in the correct order.

I know sometimes, when it comes to Japanese names, it goes family name first and then your given name, but I'm not sure how it was set up in the English release. I just want to be sure that people are calling me by the correct names, but so far it seems like everything is going correctly (friends are calling me "Akira", while teachers and such refer to me as "Kurusu-kun").

You're good. Its given name before family name in the EN release.

Zolo

Beat the boss of the third palace.
Felt like more trouble than I expected at lvl25. It wasn't too bad until he started using the fear gas at the end. Ended up using a couple of items because of that, but just a balm of life (which failed), a physical reflect item, and bead which I expect to use in boss battles anyway.

silva1991

I think I fucked up temperance on NG+.
I mashed the button in the first meeting with the teacher. and her social link didn't unlock and I can't call her...

ShadyK54

Palace 3 done. Nice way to spend the night.

Makoto is just the freaking best. 6/26 spoilers:
she's smart, her Metaverse stuff is awesome, and she just pops the lock on the briefcase like nothing! She's so good!

MTC100

Banned
The intro video's audio is very low. I hope this isn't an indication on how the game will be.

I think Igors voice overall is very highly compressed(or was recorded poorly perhaps), I listen to the game with better quality headphones and it was quite disturbing(I even thought they were broken or my TV was as I usually don't plug them into my TV but into my soundcard in my PC). I'm not sure if I got used to the low quality or if it was just especially bad in the intro.

The music on the other hand is of a good quality at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom