• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

Spent like
Eight hours playing today
Intended on applying a Frei Skill Card from the free DLC onto Shiisaa to get that request done
Forgot about it for six+ hours straight
I'm going to be on the final day of this game and still forget about this somehow

To quote Protagonist: "I'm a little salty..." (Laughed SO hard at that response choice)

MTC100

Banned
I am at the third palace right now. When does the general plot open up? Is there no main villain in this?

There is, however I don't know their whereabouts and I'm at the 5th palace now. I guess it will be a stereotypical villain though(unlike with P4), this picture came to mind:

Villainc.svg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There is, I don't know their whereabouts though(unlike with P4) and I'm at the 5th palace now. I guess it will be a stereotypical villain though, this picture came to mind:

Huh, by the 5th palace you should have gotten quite a number of not-very-subtle foreshadowing on the villain group.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Spent like
Eight hours playing today
Intended on applying a Frei Skill Card from the free DLC onto Shiisaa to get that request done
Forgot about it for six+ hours straight
I'm going to be on the final day of this game and still forget about this somehow

To quote Protagonist: "I'm a little salty..." (Laughed SO hard at that response choice)
You are that far in game for skill cards but haven't done that request!?

It takes just two low level demons.

Ferrio

Banned
Finally have some money after mugging a ton of demons in the 3rd palace after I secured a route. Made off with 200k in all.

Zakalwe

Banned
I have the entire day off and some green plants that apparently make you calm or something.

+Persona 5 and today is going to be a good day.

About what level did some people finish the game at?

I'm in the October dungeon and I'm kinda over-levelled (I did set it to Safety so I'd have no Yen problems for the max SL guide etc) but just curious.

Edit: Also from a gameplay PoV the only thing that's really annoying me is the "Skips battle and gives you a mask" for enemies that are too far below you in level. It just feels very annoying and I wish you could turn it off. Also I love so many of the characters. P4G was absolutely cathartic for me in multiple ways with things I was going through, various issues and such, and P5 is sort of managing to do it again. Different times, different issues, but damn. Well played, Atlus.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I swear this game and remote play on the Vita have single-handedly justified my purchase from years ago. I'd never have the proper time to put in if it wasn't for being able to steal an hour here and there on remote play. I'm not super nitpicky, but feel like it's almost perfect too whether I'm playing at home or on the road.

I wish I could freeze time so I could play this fucking game for the longest time without any care for responsibilities. :/
I swear this game and remote play on the Vita have single-handedly justified my purchase from years ago. I'd never have the proper time to put in if it wasn't for being able to steal an hour here and there on remote play. I'm not super nitpicky, but feel like it's almost perfect too whether I'm playing at home or on the road.

Interesting, I'll need to try this!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3 hours inside Mementos and confused/killed 10 targets and walked out with 600K.

I think I should be set for a while.

No
Reaper
? Im always paranoid in mementos.

I think the funniest part about the flashback premise is that Sae keeps assuming that you have these amazing connections that helped you pull off these heists and it always turned out to be some goofball you happened to be friends with.

"You must have a really skilled gunman teaching you the ropes!"

*Plays arcade games with a kid*

So far, this is my favourite of Sae's theories.

|OT2|Its almost scary how good I am

|OT2| Bona-fide Monafied

No
Reaper
? Im always paranoid in mementos.

I've not so much as
heard the warning chains
. I think you're honestly quite safe, it feels like you'd have to actively force that to happen.

As far as I can tell, the reaper shows up only if you spend enough time on a specific level of Mementos, not Mementos in general--I've spent an hour+ solid down there with no issue. Considering how quickly you can clear a level of Mementos, I think you'd actually have to idle around a bunch in each level in order to get the Reaper to show up. The only thing I haven't yet considered is whether the Reaper timer doesn't reset between levels, but only between SAFE ROOMS. But even then, I think you'd have to loiter in the levels between safe rooms for quite a while, as I went back and forth repeatedly between two non-safe levels trying to farm Liquid Mercury for a bit and still never heard the Reaper chains.

vkrili

About what level did some people finish the game at?

I'm in the October dungeon and I'm kinda over-levelled (I did set it to Safety so I'd have no Yen problems for the max SL guide etc) but just curious.

I imagine most people will fight the final boss around level
70-75

Twin Wardens confidant:

So, any Momentos masters have an idea where I can find Sui-Ki and Kin-Ki? Or no of a resource that would help me figure out what I need to fuse them myself? Or know any other way to get an Ame-no-Uzume with Dodge Psy?

Toki767

9/13:
Morgana attacking Ryuji when Ann, Yusuke, and Futaba were all having second thoughts about stealing Okumura's heart is bullshit. I don't know why people feel sorry for him.

She actually suspect them a little. Just play more.

Got there.
Basically a non-event, which still feels really underplayed--it's stunning how easily Haru takes everything in stride--but I guess it's fine.

9/13:
Morgana attacking Ryuji when Ann, Yusuke, and Futaba were all having second thoughts about stealing Okumura's heart is bullshit. I don't know why people feel sorry for him.

I AGREE 100%
FUCK THAT CAT

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Twin Wardens confidant:

So, any Momentos masters have an idea where I can find Sui-Ki and Kin-Ki? Or no of a resource that would help me figure out what I need to fuse them myself? Or know any other way to get an Ame-no-Uzume with Dodge Psy?

The memento area after 4th palace is done has them.

ShadyK54

About 4 hours played tonight, getting through Palace 3 & unlocking best waifus confidant link. Overall good session.

So much meat in this game. 44 hours in & I feel like I haven't made a dent in it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom