• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell the safe rooms in 7th palace are totally fucked up.

I spent about 1.5 hours on this thing, was almost about to finish this section and I get chain killed by the last fucking in the area who also happened to be a new enemy which I never encountered before. Now I have to reload from the start. Wtf man.

Yup it's really bad.
You are given constant "shortcuts", but using them would take so long...

Combine this with the constant combination of puzzle+tedious fights in a chapter 13 style corridor.

And those encounters sure are tedious, instead of having a nice balance between weakness abuse, status control and buff control. You just get a bunch of tanky enemies constantly that just take forever to kill.

Opa-Pa

Is MC death = game over a thing in all difficulties, then? I thought it was only on hard and risky. Personally I like it, people often complain that free persona switching makes modern Persona too easy, and there's some truth to that. You can get killed by some critical hit, true, but you can also prevent it by always ambushing and equipping personas with the right resistances mid-battle.

Kinda disappointed by the fusion interface compared to the baller search engine in SMT IV

Yeah it's pretty puzzling how they didn't include the most beginner-friendly feature in SMT4 in new entry of the most "casual" Megaten series. The wardens' requests feel pretty easy compared to Elizabeth's and Margaret's, but it'd be way more approachable for everyone with this feature too.

Zafir

Yup it's really bad.

Combine this with the constant combination of puzzle+tedious fights in a chapter 13 style corridor.

And those encounters sure are tedious, instead of having a nice balance between weakness abuse, status control and buff control. You just get a bunch of tanky enemies constantly that just take forever to kill.

Yeah, I don't remember going back to a safe room via a shortcut once in that dungeon. It gives you the option but, do you really want to be having to go through all the random shadows again. Just weans down your SP...

Chaos17

Yup it's really bad.

I think I'm gonna put easy difficulty for it...

Thud

Ambushed by 3 Angels. Hama, Hama, Hama, Game Over.

Fun :)

That's instant death tho. The horrible version is everyone gets despair and after 3 turns of doing absolutely nothing you die.

Don't get ambushed by Lamias. Also don't let Titanias get the upperhand, they will wreck you like a sleeping lamb in a slaughterhouse.

RalchAC

So I'm about to clear the 4th dungeon. It's everyone's favorite, right? I'd say that it has the best puzzles, but I found the third dungeon motif
being a heist
much cooler than this one. So far my order of preference is:

3 > 4 = 1 > 2.

The forth one is definitely better designed, but I loved the more intimate narrative of the first story arc overall. I'm not a fan of
how traps just appear at random because why not. And the security level doesn't make much sense considering she knows you're there but doesn't care.

I should be able to wrap
Futaba's
arc tonight. I'm totally expecting that
her mother didn't actually commit suicide, but we'll see
. I have a question regarding Sojiro's calls in the Evening, is it possible that
Futaba was the one calling, despite him acting all cool?

I think that feeling I'm doing thief stuff is more important to me than most other people when it comes to preferences.

All dungeons are amazing though. I've cleared both the 3rd and 4th one in one sitting and it was cool.

I am about to fully jump into castle 3 now. For now I have only two complains:

f4s3X6n.jpg

2nd, the lack of camera controls when you hide behind something.

graywolf323

9/13:
Morgana attacking Ryuji when Ann, Yusuke, and Futaba were all having second thoughts about stealing Okumura's heart is bullshit. I don't know why people feel sorry for him.
Ryuji made a lot of comment about how useless Morgana is throughout the game, since the first dungeon, the tension between the two was clear. Fuck Ryuji.

to be honest
I kinda hate both of them

Opa-Pa

Yeah first dungeon is actually my favorite all things considered. The theme, music, complexity and sheer scale of it was insane coming from P3 and 4. Also it's the only one I've really found "long" so far.

1 > 4 > 2 > 3 for me so far, although really I've liked them all. This game might just have the best dungeons in a (non first person dungeon crawler!) turn-based RPG ever.

ramyeon

I had to train with Ryuji 4 times to get his rank from 3 to 4... do confidants go up at different speeds?
Not by that much. Either you weren't carrying a Chariot persona with you when you interacted with him or you chose the wrong dialogue options.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I had to train with Ryuji 4 times to get his rank from 3 to 4... do confidants go up at different speeds?

Wut.

At most, all confidants that require points will require only 1 extra hanging out if you carry a persona aligning to their Arcana and if you answer best possible answers during their rank up scenes.

Opa-Pa

They do, and honestly for teammate confidants, sometimes it's better to wait till they invite you to hang out or something similar. That you you gain a lot of extra points, normally the necessary to rank up next time you meet.

Either way it shouldn't take you that much effort to rank him up unless you're far into his social link and messing up the answers lol. Only Sojiro has been like that for me.

Chaos17

9/13:
Morgana attacking Ryuji when Ann, Yusuke, and Futaba were all having second thoughts about stealing Okumura's heart is bullshit. I don't know why people feel sorry for him.

That part was poorly excuted, it made me facepalmed hard. I already ranted about it page ago. Morgana insecurities could've been better told, he is pretty considered and sharp in general. He didn't threw a tantrum just because of Ryugi.

Keep playing and you will see how why they will make up.

Tiops

Which difficulty?

Being ambushed on Hard is usually horrible. The amount of times I messed up and allowed this due to the awkward cover system is a little much...

I'm playing on Normal, but I did the first dungeon on Hard. Got ambushed once there, it was basically Game Over too lol. But hard was making me do too much Palace visits to clear due to SP limitations, and I want to clear them as efficiently as possible, so I reduced to Normal. Less instant death situations, but still hard lol.

ooh boy, been there :-\

This game can make me rage so hard sometimes.

It's funny how rage inducing this game can be due to the RNG nature of the battles. You're there, almost dying, but the enemy is too and you can beat it in one single attack. Then the attack misses and you're dead, a few steps away from the next Safe Room.

That's instant death tho. The horrible version is everyone gets despair and after 3 turns of doing absolutely nothing you die.

Don't get ambushed by Lamias. Also don't let Titanias get the upperhand, they will wreck you like a sleeping lamb in a slaughterhouse.

Negative status are REALLY punishing in Persona series. If you get 2 members of the team affected by something you can guarantee that the battle is going to be terrible, even if you survive.

Is there a smart way to do the second palace boss? I got the gist of it but eventually the incoming damage is too much and people start dying. Really annoying to debuff it too.

kromeo

Not by that much. Either you weren't carrying a Chariot persona with you when you interacted with him or you chose the wrong dialogue options.

There were no dialogue options the first 3 times, just a generic you trained with Ryuji, cutscene..

Also is rain rare throughout the game? I've been waiting for it to level up knowledge but it never happens so far

Jintor

There were no dialogue options the first 3 times, just a generic you trained with Ryuji, cutscene..

Also is rain rare throughout the game? I've been waiting for it to level up knowledge but it never happens so far

It's just not gonna rain that much until typhoon season hits tbh

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Palace 3 finished. Surprised at how small the palace was, especially compared to the first one.

Though I was able to gain some real good EXP. I think i miiiiiiiight be a teeny bit over leveled at LV 37 at the boss fight :p

The whole process would have been a lot easier if I had known about
Ryuji's
insta-kill ability beforehand, wouldn't have leveled up his Confidant ranks and still be sneak-attacking every single enemy.

ramyeon

I mean in the previous ranks. Points towards S Links stack.

Tiops

Palace 3 finished. Surprised at how small the palace was, especially compared to the first one.

Though I was able to gain some real good EXP. I think i miiiiiiiight be a teeny bit over leveled at LV 37 at the boss fight :p

Ryuji's
insta-kill ability beforehand, wouldn't have leveled up his Confidant ranks and still be sneak-attacking every single enemy.

Holy shit, I'm level 22 there lmao

ryhannura

Neo Member
Guys, is there any persona with marakunda or masukunda at early levels (like 25 or below)? Madarame's shadow on hard is giving me trouble. I'm gonna have to grind a little...

Guys, is there any persona with marakunda or masukunda at early levels (like 25 or below)? Madarame's shadow on hard is giving me trouble. I'm gonna have to grind a little...
Rampage with Ryuji, Yusuke's hit all physical attack, and fuse a shiisa for MC and have Morgana heal. That set up should be pretty good for that boss.

Dragner

Ryuji's

Holy molly you grinded hard. I finished yesterday the 5th dungeon at 44-45 and I never skip a fight...

Will Persona 6 follow the same trend, release on PS4 and ported to PS5?

I wonder what kind of cast and theme Persona 6 will have.

I would love a complete female cast (or atleast a female lead character) in some sort of military/mercenary school setting. Where women are frowned upon in this setting but end up kicking asses.

I mean what kind of settings would there be left?

We have

3 - Execution (Suicide) Squad
4 - Detective Squad
5 - Thief Squad

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I would love a complete female cast (or atleast a female lead character) in some sort of military/mercenary school setting. Where women are frowned upon in this setting but end up kicking asses.

We have

4 - Detective Squad
5 - Thief Squad

#squad

Dragner

Im really expecting a Persona 5-2. They recreated a real city for the first time Im expecting they will be using it more than once. Theres also a ton of interesting characters that would be cool see more about.

muteki

Love getting to that point in a palace where you have to leave to proceed, and you have tons of resources left. It's like I get to grind for free.

Chaos17

Im really expecting a Persona 5-2. They recreated a real city for the first time Im expecting they will be using it more than once. Theres also a ton of interesting characters that would be cool see more about.

I don't like it. I prefered when they didn't too k a real city as example because a lot of place are useless and creating useless place are waste of time for both dev and player. That time and ressoure could've putted elsewhere.

Thud

We have

4 - Detective Squad
5 - Thief Squad

Teacher squad

Now you are giving out the weird questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom