• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

A lot of the tracks in the game are really good and then you hear Rivers in the Desert and nothing compares to it. Absolutely my favourite.

yup rivers in the desert is the stand out track to me.

still curious where it plays in the game, bet it will be an epic scene when i get to it lol.

A lot of the tracks in the game are really good and then you hear Rivers in the Desert and nothing compares to it. Absolutely my favourite.
I've probably listened to it like over 200 times. God damn is it good.

Starting a New Game+ now. I just need a 100% guide so I can gather the rest of the trophies too.

Croc

Banned
Man are you kidding me?

Palace 2 spoilers
I was at the part where it's super distorted and you're having to figure out the real Sayuri. Was getting them all first time and then on what I am assuming was the last one I get it wrong, get ambushed by 4 Jack Frosts because of it, and am hit by 8 Mabufu's in a row since Ann is with me killing everyone.

Is there an easy way to tell which is real for that last part? Cause they were super close and I'm not losing all that progress again cause of that.

:|

Jintor

Man i wish i was ERing this with someone. I have many theories.

I do wish at the end of dungeon 5
they hadn't out and out shown the guy's shadow getting merked. The SIU director's call would have been sufficient, and it kind of introduces timing issues into it. I appreciate they wanted to show off black mask tho

yuuki

is when the girls beat up Ryuji after it turns out he's alive. I mean just what the fuck? He saved them all lol.
Really poorly timed joke there and went with the absolute worst anime trope (girl beats up guy for laughs) to do it!

And thats strange in what way?
the though that he actually saved them was secondary at that moment. they "beat" him up for pulling such a stupid stunt in the first place (and making them worry so much in turn).

JMY86

Oh boy

10/11

Shit is gonna go downnnnnn isn't it...

Damn, I am in late July and just got into
Futaba's Palace
I have been playing quite a bit but I guess maybe I haven't. I have some things to look forward to at least in my first Persona game. Fucking shit I love this game...

yuuki

Man are you kidding me?

Palace 2 spoilers
I was at the part where it's super distorted and you're having to figure out the real Sayuri. Was getting them all first time and then on what I am assuming was the last one I get it wrong, get ambushed by 4 Jack Frosts because of it, and am hit by 8 Mabufu's in a row since Ann is with me killing everyone.

Is there an easy way to tell which is real for that last part? Cause they were super close and I'm not losing all that progress again cause of that.

my best guess would be that the outline in the third eye is different.
edit nevermind though it was a enemy.

It is... so fucking weird. The male characters are never more predatory than in the anime cutscenes.

>normal healthy hetero male behaviour

>predatory

Huh

I kind of hold a little hope that P6 has a female lead, if only because that might put a damper on the male-gazey moments.

I'm hoping it has a choice of male or female at the start so that I can have my 'male gaze moments' and straight females/gay men can have the opposite without ruining eachothers' fun

Guess Who

Banned
Man are you kidding me?

Palace 2 spoilers

If I recall, the trick on the last one is to
look at her hair

Shouta

The big problem is that they feel really out of place and aren't very funny. And they don't even make consistent sense. I mean you have (pre-palace 4)
Ann getting mad and calling Ryuji a perv
then at (post palace 4)
the beach she's joking with him about it? Then again the whole Beach boys vs. girls gag is pretty shit.
The worst offender by far though big post palace 7 spoilers)
is when the girls beat up Ryuji after it turns out he's alive. I mean just what the fuck? He saved them all lol.
Really poorly timed joke there and went with the absolute worst anime trope (girl beats up guy for laughs) to do it!

Might be me but I don't see how it's incongruent, at least the first 2 parts anyway. I mean,
the difference is how Ann feels about it. Ryuji is just being lecherous while the situation is rough, pre-palace 4 but at the beach, Ann probably felt a little embarrassed putting on a swimsuit, so seeing Ryuji's reaction made her feel confident in herself and that's why she ribs him instead of being angry.

I got nothing on Ryuji getting walloped in the last part though. That's just pure anime. lol

Alucrid

Banned
Man are you kidding me?

Palace 2 spoilers

red dress, hair in front, tree branch behind her

RPGCrazied

Dungeon 5 is cool. The music in here is so different then the rest of the soundtrack, kinda techno like. 53 hours so far! This game is consuming my life, lol

StoneFox

I'm starting to think that Mishima is supposed to be a reference to Mikado from Durarara!! :p Like, nearly the same hairstyle and a similar arc regarding a website. Maybe it was obvious and I'm just slow hahaha

I also kinda wonder if some of the designers watched Darker Than Black and got inspiration from it. Like the whole talking cat support character, the main character wearing a black trenchcoat with a white mask... stuff like that. Heh. Then again, Morgana is probably just a play on "cat burglar."

Man are you kidding me?

Palace 2 spoilers

I had trouble on that too but
[Palace 2 Spoilers]
The last part is a combination of the old parts like blue vs red shirt and the key feature is long hair. In front.

See if that works.

Jintor

OH FUUUUUUCK

10/11 next target spoilers
OHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK

>predatory

Huh

perhaps it is that that 'normal healthy hetero male behaviour' walks a very thin line between being harmless and predatory

Aki-at

I think it's a testament to how good this game that after getting spoiled on one end game (I presume) bit accidentally that I'm enjoying my time so much it hasn't really bothered me.

On the otherhand the Fortune social link starts and it
took 100,000 yen from me... that hit HARD. I hope there's a way I can get it back :(

Zolo

Haven't had this happen to me yet thankfully. In Persona 3 this would happen to me all the fucking time.

gFoQjaf.jpg

>predatory

Huh

I'm hoping it has a choice of male or female at the start so that I can have my 'male gaze moments' and straight females/gay men can have the opposite without ruining eachothers' fun

Do you lean over car seats to stare down your lady friend's shirt? That's kinda uncomfortable, dude.

Atlus already went on record stating they haven't done choices between protag gender again because the cost of changing dialogue, redoing anime scenes, etc is prohibitive. I'd like a choice too but for now I expect they're either doing one or the other.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Thank god I have the Isis persona. 4Th palace is just filled to the brim with fucking Anubis who is one hit killing everyone. But don't want to grind in mementos as I want to get the palace out of the way.

yuuki

Do you lean over car seats to stare down your lady friend's shirt? That's kinda uncomfortable, dude.

Atlus already went on record stating they haven't done choices between protag gender again because the cost of changing dialogue, redoing anime scenes, etc is prohibitive. I'd like a choice too but for now I expect they're either doing one or the other.

alas the animation scenes wouldnt be much of a problem. Either dont show the mc or make it first person most of the time or a mix of both. But alas since most Animations are made digital now its almost done with swaping the modell and adjusting the movements.

And thats strange in what way?
the though that he actually saved them was secondary at that moment. they "beat" him up for pulling such a stupid stunt in the first place (and making them worry so much in turn).

As a
stress relief joke I just found it pretty lame. They have a right to be mad but then they went full anime and it kind of ruins it lol. I've never been found of the "teammates are mean to each other" Joel's in these games though.

Might be me but I don't see how it's incongruent, at least the first 2 parts anyway. I mean,
the difference is how Ann feels about it. Ryuji is just being lecherous while the situation is rough, pre-palace 4 but at the beach, Ann probably felt a little embarrassed putting on a swimsuit, so seeing Ryuji's reaction made her feel confident in herself and that's why she ribs him instead of being angry.

I got nothing on Ryuji getting walloped in the last part though. That's just pure anime. lol

That's a pretty good interpretation.
I just kinda figured they're like best bros and some friendships have weird stuff like that happen. Personally I think that they're perfect for each other lol

I'd prefer a choice for Persona 12 or whatever too. But since we aren't getting it, I kinda want a girl for the teen school simulator 6.

Then college kids for 7. That'd be nice.

alas the animation scenes wouldnt be much of a problem. Either dont show the mc or make it first person most of the time or a mix of both. But alas since most Animations are made digital now its almost done with swaping the modell and adjusting the movements.

To my knowledge they've always show the MC in the anime cutscenes, don't know how "weird" it would be to never see them (or to have the videos from a first-person perspective, which is something I don't think I've ever seen anything do for an extended period of time before).

Anyway, if you want to read more of their response we had a thread on it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358275
The answer was a general "we'd have to change a lot of things" and I assume the anime cutscenes would be one of those.

I'd prefer a choice for Persona 12 or whatever too. But since we aren't getting it, I kinda want a girl for the teen school simulator 6.

Then college kids for 7. That'd be nice.

College or young working adults is also high on my list. I get tired of high school settings, but apparently that's what sells!

DNAbro

Jesus the
2nd level Bullet Hail
power from the Tower confidant is ridiculously strong. Doing half damage before entering a fight.

Hikami

sort of Ending spoilers I guess

I wish Atlus had subtitled the ending theme. They didn't do it for P3 and P4 either I think so again, the whole meaning is lost if you can't understand Japanese.

Trails of Cold Steel II for example had the ending song subtitled in the English release and it added so much more impact.

yuuki

To my knowledge they've always show the MC in the anime cutscenes, don't know how "weird" it would be to never see them (or to have the videos from a first-person perspective, which is something I don't think I've ever seen anything do for an extended period of time before).
good point but then again there also is the option to make everything in engine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so how does the
fortune
rank 1 thing work? I go get my
fortune read in the day and choose a stat to boost
, wont that use up time?

I ssume I got at night for
memento missions
?

nOoblet16

yup rivers in the desert is the stand out track to me.

still curious where it plays in the game, bet it will be an epic scene when i get to it lol.
Considering I have finished the game and don't even know where it plays I would say it's not up there with dungeon 3/4/6/7, the battle themes and the more sombre music that plays elsewhere when you are out and about.

perhaps it is that that 'normal healthy hetero male behaviour' walks a very thin line between being harmless and predatory

Being a bit of a pervert is not the same as being a predator.

No, not really... and not seen that scene yet. I admit, that would make me cringe somewhat...

Ahh, shame.

Jintor

Being a bit of a pervert is not the same as being a predator.

I don't think I'm being inaccurate when I say that what can come across as harmless 'bit of a pervert' or 'lads behaviour' to some people can be seen as micro-aggressions, harassment, or worse by people on the receiving end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom