• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

It's also just weird because as others have said pretty much every Persona game outside of 5 has fairly clear references to the previous games except for this one. It's just an odd choice to me.

The references in Persona 3 towards Persona 2 are on the same level as the Persona 3 and Persona 4 references in Persona 5.

The references in Persona 3 towards Persona 2 are on the same level as the Persona 3 and Persona 4 references in Persona 5.

Plus, weren't those added during localization? From what I understand, the online game in P3 was not referencing P2 in the Japanese version but another SMT game instead. I might be misremembering though.

Nimby

Banned
I'm at 11/21.
I can't possibly max out like over half of the links. Really wanted to max the links first go, I have to be at the home stretch.

Ohya Level 9
Sun Level 7
Mishima Level 7
Futaba Level 6
Sojiro Level 6
Haru Level 5
Iwai Level 4
Hifumi Level 3
Chihaya Level 2
Shinya Level 1

Do I have to max tower to fuse Mara?
Is there still hope to max everything (at least Tower, Futaba/Haru, and Sojiro?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Mara in 1080p is a beautiful thing. A beautiful beautiful thing

Request Spoiler:
One of the later requests involve a changing the heart of a film industry sexual predator, of course Mara was the shadow of the offender

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm at 11/21.
I can't possibly max out like over half of the links. Really wanted to max the links first go, I have to be at the home stretch.

Ohya Level 9
Sun Level 7
Mishima Level 7
Futaba Level 6
Sojiro Level 6
Haru Level 5
Iwai Level 4
Hifumi Level 3
Chihaya Level 2
Shinya Level 1

Mara is
an enemy in the last dungeon, so you can get him that way.

WOW, the final boss design....

No words....

It's majestic and creepy at the same time. Like a steampunk angel with severe eating disorder. So good. And the theme. Hnnng.

Wazzy

Banned
Just finished the 4th palace. I really love the cast in this game, no one I dislike so far though I think Yusuke is my least favourite of them all. My three favourites are
Makoto, Ann and Ryouji
and are my permanent teammates.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Joker would rip Yu to shreds.
I dunno, Yu seems to be the biggest jock out of the three modern Persona leads. He's probably better at sports than Joker or P3 Guy.

Poor P3 Guy looks like he'd snap in two playing any sort of sport, haha

StoneFox

I think the TV is good enough as far as references go. Although it would have been kinda funny if there was a single scene of Joker sitting on the train for school and Yu just happened to sit next to him. Because theoretically, Yu would be able to hear Morgana talking and I think him reacting to that would have been an amusing background element.

Mediking

I dunno, Yu seems to be the biggest jock out of the three modern Persona leads. He's probably better at sports than Joker or P3 Guy.

Lmao what???

Minato (P3 main guy) and Joker would destroy Yu!

I like Yu but he is not beating up Minato and Joker.

i maxed knowledge on accident. feels like it's too early
i haven't entered 5 yet.
after my laziness in 3 and 4 i went overboard with studying, lol.

Guess Who

Banned
God, all this talk about spinoffs already has me dreading how badly these characters are going to get massacred.

P5 Futaba:
[emotionally crippled child traumatized by her mother's death and gaslit into believing its her own fault and that her mother never loved her, bounced around between foster homes and abused and neglected until she locks herself out from the world]

Inevitable P5 Arena Futaba: omg, what an epic KO! git gud kek

Zackat

Palace 4 question:
I didn't take the cursed gem from Anubis's hand and now it is gone. I can't find a way past this arrow wall now. What do I do?

hmm nvm I found my answer

I'm at 11/21.

Ohya Level 9
Sun Level 7
Mishima Level 7
Futaba Level 6
Sojiro Level 6
Haru Level 5
Iwai Level 4
Hifumi Level 3
Chihaya Level 2
Shinya Level 1

Dude I feel your pain. I was farther along then you at that point and I literally spent 3 hours finding out when everyone would be available making a spread sheet on who I needed to do and when and it was going perfectly... Until the final freaking week when I found out that none of your teammates can extend their social links during that time (maybe they can if you beat the Palace ahead of time but that still completely screws me over either way).

I've barely played the game since then, I freaking redid Nov/Dec stuff twice to get it all figured out and when I realized what had happened I had already saved over my older file by accident so I can't go back without doing the previous palace.

It's rather infuriating that I wasted like a full day on trying to make that shit work and it didn't.

Strength 10 allows you to pay to fuse stronger personas.

I now have a level 78 with all the gun skill buffs, and with Tower 10, they can't be reflected, nulled, or resisted.

I'm only level 52. #happening

my persona mc can beat up your persona mc

Katsuya from Eternal Punishment and Joker would not get along at all.

Plus, weren't those added during localization? From what I understand, the online game in P3 was not referencing P2 in the Japanese version but another SMT game instead. I might be misremembering though.

Yeah, it referenced Megami Tensei I & II (characters from both games) in Japan but they had to change it due to them never being released over here in the West and changed it to Persona 2 references.

There's also the Who's Who TV gameshow which references P1 and P2 characters but that was the same in all versions.

Lunar15

Not sure how you'd dribble a ball with your hands in your pockets, but P3 MC would find a way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know its just 1 random point but everytime I cant drink the Sunday juice because the story wint let me it bums me out.

daveo42

Banned
10/11:
I knew Okumura's shift was coming, but damn was that a rough scene. I got a bit sad too to see the impact on Haru and the rest of the group. Devastating isn't a strong enough word. I...kinda wish it could have been avoided.

Edit: About mememtos after that date:
Does a section open up prior to that and then get blocked back off since the approval rating drops below 80%?

R0ckman

Endgame spoilers

Did anyone else laugh at this?

Thought it was hilarious when I got the rank up with Akechi that was basically like - You found out Akechi is a psychopath who is at this very moment about to kill you! Confidant Rank UP!

I'm confused at why it wasn't an immediate surprise to the group that Goro Akechi could hear Morgana. Its not like they had major suspiscions of him until later, so the fact that none of the party at the time were taken aback was weird. I actually figured it was Akechi but was confused when no one brought up him being able to hear Morgona.

R0ckman

10/11:
I knew Okumura's shift was coming, but damn was that a rough scene. I got a bit sad too to see the impact on Haru and the rest of the group. Devastating isn't a strong enough word. I...kinda wish it could have been avoided.

Edit: About mememtos after that date:
Does a section open up prior to that and then get blocked back off since the approval rating drops below 80%?

Your rankings were artifically altered. It's not 100% connected.

I think on my New Game+ I'm going to name the Phantom Thieves after my main character so that Sae can be flabbergasted that "OniBarubary was really the leader of OniBarubary's Gang of Thieves all along? FUCK!"

Persona = Latin word for mask.

A Persona is a role that you play in everyday life. The characters in P5 are forced into roles they don't want: The protagonist is a criminal offender, Ryuji is a troublemaker, Ann is Kamoshida's toy, etc. They rip of their masks to symbolically rid themselves of the labels that were forced upon them. There's a reason why the characters are chained to their Personas.

I always wonder what made the MC of Persona 3, 4, and 5 able to change their Persona despite "being special or so the player won't get bored". If you think about it everyone in the Persona universe who can summon their Persona is beyond special but the MC is like so utterly uniquely unique. Even if he can only carry 8 Persona's with him he's basically a highly mobile army with ulmost limitless power. Is there a piece of lore that explains why some individuals can Summon multiple Persona's?

I personally liked Digital Devil Saga approach. You're not so unique that you're different from the other party members but you have been granted a power. The main line Shin Megami Tensei Games is a whole other beast.

R0ckman

I always wonder what made the MC of Persona 3, 4, and 5 able to change their Persona despite "being special or so the player won't get bored". If you think about it everyone in the Persona universe who can summon their Persona is beyond special but the MC is like so utterly uniquely unique. Even if he can only carry 8 Persona's with him he's basically a highly mobile army with ulmost limitless power. Is there a piece of lore that explains why some individuals can Simmons multiple Persona's?

I personally liked Digital Devil Saga approach. You're not so unique that you're different from the other party members but you have been granted a power. The main line Shin Megami Tensei Games is a while other beast.

MC represents the wild card, probably that force that alrters, disrupts or defies fate.

"Normal" battles will play the appropriate game's battle music based on what costume Joker is wearing. If Joker is wearing the P3 costume, for instance, it'll play Mass Destruction. (This only applies to normal/"Last Surprise" battles; mini-bosses and bosses will play their normal P5 music).

Okay, so it's all based on what Joker is wearing from what game's costume.

THANKS!

Auctopus

Just saw the first
mural
in the 4th dungeon. I think this is easily the best dungeon so far.

Also, my PC's Personas are really well suited for the enemies but it means I run out of SP pretty quickly.

nOoblet16

Endgame spoilers

Did anyone else laugh at this?

Thought it was hilarious when I got the rank up with Akechi that was basically like - You found out Akechi is a psychopath who is at this very moment about to kill you! Confidant Rank UP!

I'm confused at why it wasn't an immediate surprise to the group that Goro Akechi could hear Morgana. Its not like they had major suspiscions of him until later, so the fact that none of the party at the time were taken aback was weird. I actually figured it was Akechi but was confused when no one brought up him being able to hear Morgona.
That's not really endgame.
But Morgana did bring it up asap and they discussed it asap as well, it's just that we as players didn't know because Joker was being an unreliable narrator due to the drugs and stuff.

And yes I did laugh when it say "Goro has revealed his identity, my bond has grown stronger". But I think of confidant bonds as how much you know about the person rather than whether you are buddies with them. Rank 10 means you know a decent bit about them and their secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom