• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

You guys, I'm at work itching to get back to the game and now you're talking about takoyaki... I skipped lunch and love octopus! I'm dying here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
10/26

Oh cool, this scene with
Akechi
flat out shows that you do indeed
vanish into thin air (or re-appear) when going to the Metaverse.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pre-Palace 6 spoilers

So
Akechi
is a party member?
I mean he's in the OP but its almost at the end of the game and he hadnt joined so I wasnt sure.

But at 10/26 that barely leaves any time to use him :/

Opa-Pa

Pre-Palace 6 spoilers

So
Akechi
is a party member?
I mean he's in the OP but its almost at the end of the game and he hadnt joined so I wasnt sure.

Yup,
he's on the steelbook and the PS4 splash screen as well. Modern Persona has a bad habit of introducing party members up until the very end of the game, but hey at least this one's SL was automatic! In P3 and 4 it gets very tricky.

Rhaknar

Yup,
he's on the steelbook and the PS4 splash screen as well. Modern Persona has a bad habit of introducing party members up until the very end of the game, but hey at least this one's SL was automatic! In P3 and 4 it gets very tricky.

Hell I just realised I still dont have
Haru's
social link >_>

Dragner

Pre-Palace 6 spoilers

So
Akechi
is a party member?

Yeah but he comes with pretty strong skills and you have his SL at 6 or so when you start so isnt that bad

They go out of their way to allow you be less formal with them. Feels like the writers knew it was too much in the last game and wanted to acknowledge the cultural formaliy then provide a more casual means to talk to your friends.

Honestly IMO the honorifics and overall cultural disconnect between the english voice acting and the games is what's creating a lot of the barriers between a western audience and JRPG's.

RDreamer

One thing that Persona should ape from SMT is how to fuse from the compendium.

Yeah this is the BIGGEST annoyance after coming right off of SMT IV: A not too long ago. I really wonder why they didn't put it in there. I guess maybe the Apocalypse team came up with the feature after persona fusion was already set pretty well in stone in P5 or something.

Rhaknar

10/26

Opps did I just fuck myself out of
Sojiro's
SL?
He just found out thats im a Phantom Thief, was this a "hidden" deadline for his SL or are we still going back to making coffee after like nothing happened? Lol

Baalzebup

Started a NG+ just because. Kamoshida is such a fucking heinous piece of shit.
Oh, why does Haru fight with an axe and not a rapier?

persona pls
I honestly think it is just another incarnation of moe gap. The sweet girl is packing an axe and a grenade launcher. The contrast is quite notable, just as it is between the clothes and the weapons.

nOoblet16

Honestly IMO the honorifics and overall cultural disconnect between the english voice acting and the games is what's creating a lot of the barriers between a western audience and JRPG's.
You mean to say the using the honourifics causes the disconnect ? Or not using it causes disconnect? Cause it's if it's the later then I firmly disagree.

But even in the case of the former what Arturo says below is the bigger issue. Example being, using Senpai with proper context for an actual teacher/master like Yusuke does for Madurame is completely fine. Using Senpai like fuckin Teddie did for Yu (and also have it be used extremely commonly like in battles) is just fuckin shit.

I would argue that the stigma associated with anime styling and its tropes is a much much bigger barrier.

strong girl
tumblr_oofi1a3TPr1wn6hn2o1_540.png

Eblo

I've finally managed to fuse Mara. No need to finish the game now since I got everything I wanted. 10/10 goty 2017

EndMerit

I bought it late August from that store next to Leblanc, and when Futaba's confidant becomes available you unlock new area (
Akihabara
) from where you can buy repair kit for it. Then use your crafting table.

I marked out! Best
salesman
is back!

Rhaknar

So in NG+ do you fight new personas early in the game? Like lets say you finish at level 60 or something, would you fight the personas that you would fight at that level near the end, or does it go back to jack frost and pixie and shit?

DNAbro

So in NG+ do you fight new personas early in the game? Like lets say you finish at level 60 or something, would you fight the personas that you would fight at that level near the end, or does it go back to jack frost and pixie and shit?

Your level doesn't carry over so it goes back to what it was before.

Opa-Pa

Oh God no no no Nono no no, Futaba don't talk to Mishima!! Nooooooooooooo!

You have attained Ruin, Game Over

"KEK!"

What did fusion search do again?

It's basically a tool to filter fusion results. The game gives you a top ten best fusion results with your avaible demons by default, but lets you make searches with variations as specific as "Fuse using X demon, including compendium ones, it has to be of this specific arcana and have agidyne", or simpler stuff like listing all new demon results using your Jack Frost in the equation. It makes fusing in general as efficient as possible.

It's basically the most beginner friendly feature in any Megaten game, which makes it ao puzzling that it's a thing in mainline SMT games and not Persona of all things.

Top Bottom