• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Atlus has been killing it with start screens since Nocturne

tumblr_myn96t2Bq31sd4mmco1_500.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
78 hours in ive started to skip dialogue, im.not burned out on thw game per se but...yeah.

And skip dialogue as in press x when I finish reading, which is always twice as fast as they speak as usual (and im using japanese voices anyway), not skip the story.

nOoblet16

78 hours in ive started to skip dialogue, im.not burned out on thw game per se but...yeah.

And skip dialogue as in press x when I finish reading, which is always twice as fast as they speak as usual (and im using japanese voices anyway), not skip the story.
Well I skip dialogue as soon as I finish reading anyways.

11/25
Dungeon #
spoilers
"My name is Ann Windsor.
My father is the descendant of British royalty."
Haha, I haven't interacted with Ann in a while since she was the first Confidant I maxed up but she was really funny during that scene. That palace has been great so far. Fantastic soundtrack. I can understand the complaints about it being too long but I don't mind.

Well I skip dialogue as soon as I finish reading anyways.

Yep, I always do the same.

55 hours and anything not voice gets skipped pretty fast now..burned out eh maybe I'm not sure what to call it

nOoblet16

Is there a way to know which floor a quest in mementos is on? So far I've just run the whole thing every time.
Check the Mementos Overview, the area with the target will have an exclamation mark. When you fast travel to that area, Morgana will tell you that he senses the target above or below you. Depending on what he says just keep going up or down until you reach a floor where he says the target is on this floor.

cheesekao

Is there a way to know which floor a quest in mementos is on? So far I've just run the whole thing every time.
Go to a rest area and see what Morgana says. If there's another rest area above/below, go to that rest area and see what he says again. You can estimate where the target is with that.

nOoblet16

11/25
Dungeon #
spoilers
"My name is Ann Windsor.
My father is the descendant of British royalty."
Haha, I haven't interacted with Ann in a while since she was the first Confidant I maxed up but she was really funny during that scene. That palace has been great so far. Fantastic soundtrack. I can understand the complaints about it being too long but I don't mind that much.

Yep, I always do the same.
I wanna know how that cutscene sounds like in Japanese. I assume there are points in the Japanese version where Ann speaks English.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everytime Sojiro asks me if im not getting in trouble im like

donald-glover-awkward-o.gif

Edit: oooh random free saturday evening in the middle of "lets not do that today" story season.

I wanna know how that cutscene sounds like in Japanese. I assume there are points in the Japanese version where Ann speaks English.

Yeah, my NG+ playthrough will be in Japanese for that reason. I just hope the Japanese actress' English accent isn't as bad as in Evangelion or Shin Godzilla.

LiK

I skip nothing first time since I played in English. Sometimes the English VAs add a lil bit more to certain lines that I like. This is especially true for the funny banters.

Rhaknar

I skip nothing first time since I played in English. Sometimes the English VAs add a lil bit more to certain lines that I like. This is especially true for the funny banters.

Its funny you say that, im already skipping from the first minute in P4G :/

I really dont like English voices in my "japanese games" man :(

Rhaknar

I love it in this game.
I do not like it in Persona 4, it's too "kawaii" for me there.

Its totally on me, just too much anime growing up I guess. It feels "wrong". Obviously I also cant stand any sort of dubs in anime aswell, no matter how good. Like I said, its not a slight in the dubs, its my problem.

DKL

I just hope the Japanese actress' English accent isn't as bad as in Evangelion or Shin Godzilla.

Shin Godzilla is my favorite Evangelion, but a lot of the English dialog in that movie was pretty lol

(actually... a lot of the acting in that movie was kinda bad too... I wasn't sure, but then I rewatched part of My Little Sister on TV and then suddenly remembered what good Japanese acting was like)

LiK

Its funny you say that, im already skipping from the first minute in P4G :/

I really dont like English voices in my "japanese games" man :(

Totally missing out! The English dub is great. I only switch to Japanese if the English is bad *coughFFXVcough*.

But you have the option so give it a chance in the future.

At a clock time of 100:22 the game is finished. A few minor issues aside probably one of the best games I've played in the last couple of years.

*Ending Spoilers*
I'm assuming the Morgana wants to be a human plot will come to head in either the inevitable spin-offs or the FES/Golden style enhanced version. Also speaking of spin-offs I will be disappointed if they don't make a game similar to the Ace Attorney series starring defense attorney Sae since the set-up for that is just to obvious for them not to do it.

nOoblet16

Totally missing out! The English dub is great. I only switch to Japanese if the English is bad *coughFFXVcough*.

But you have the option so give it a chance in the future.
Yo man FFXV had a great dub. Love Promoto, Noctis and Ardyn. And Gladiolus talking about the perfect cup noodle won't be the same without that voice.

Also "new recepieeahh"

LiK

Yo man FFXV had a great dub. Love Promoto, Noctis and Ardyn. And Gladiolus talking about the perfect cup noodle won't be the same without that voice.

Also "new recepieeahh"

nope nope nope. Couldn't stand their English dub at all. I gave it a chance and had to quit and play in JPN. Also, the audio mix sounded really odd like it was way too loud compared to other audio. The JPN audio didn't seem to have that issue.

Vengal

Way way too much of that in P4, my wife refers to this series as the senpai game after she hung out with me for all my P4 playthrough.

This one has had almost no senpai useage that I can thing of so far which she appreciates.

nOoblet16

This is the most crucial moment in NG+ for me. Already with Ann right now so the question is...

To harem or not to harem?

I was solely with Tae last time.

Shin Godzilla is my favorite Evangelion, but a lot of the English dialog in that movie was pretty lol

(actually... a lot of the acting in that movie was kinda bad too... I wasn't sure, but then I rewatched part of My Little Sister on TV and then suddenly remembered what good Japanese acting was like)

Yeah, I can't really judge the Japanese acting since I don't speak the language but even as someone who learned English relatively recently, those scenes were hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Still loved the movie though.

Rhaknar

"I used to be in the
Yakuza
"

"I...err...yeah I have to go"

Lol I love sime of the responses the MC has.

RDreamer

Atlus has been killing it with start screens since Nocturne

tumblr_myn96t2Bq31sd4mmco1_500.gif

I really need to try and play through Nocturne again. I got like 40 hours into it last time I tried and didn't finish. Wasn't anything in particular wrong with it, but I didn't get into it as much as the other SMT games I've played (P3 & 4, DDS1&2, SMTIV and SMT IV: A)

Way way too much of that in P4, my wife refers to this series as the senpai game after she hung out with me for all my P4 playthrough.

This one has had almost no senpai useage that I can thing of so far which she appreciates.

I thought I was okay with all the honorifics in P4, but after playing P5 it'll be hard to go back. Less is definitely more.

DKL

I thought I was okay with all the honorifics in P4, but after playing P5 it'll be hard to go back. Less is definitely more.

To be fair, I would definitely let Rise call me senpai in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT:

Yeah, I can't really judge the Japanese acting since I don't speak the language but even as someone who learned English relatively recently, those scenes were hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Still loved the movie though.

A lot of the implications of the movie are pretty brutal, but I am admittedly somewhat far removed from the stuff that Anno criticizes: this dude putting the government on blast for not doing enough during the first 2 hours of the Godzilla appearance, but this dude has clearly never been to the DMV :v

Zolo

For what it's worth, none of your teammates have you as their senpai. Technically, it's Makoto and Haru who're your senpai, but they seem to say to discard it.

LiK

For what it's worth, none of your teammates have you as their senpai. Technically, it's Makoto and Haru who're your senpai, but they seem to say to discard it.

Yea, they tell the other younger characters that going by first name basis is fine.

Vengal

They go out of their way to allow you be less formal with them. Feels like the writers knew it was too much in the last game and wanted to acknowledge the cultural formaliy then provide a more casual means to talk to your friends.

Thud

They go out of their way to allow you be less formal with them. Feels like the writers knew it was too much in the last game and wanted to acknowledge the cultural formaliy then provide a more casual means to talk to your friends.

They also toned down on the blush.

Like Rise is radioactive or something in Persona 4.

the original PSX sounds a lot like SMT, and the PSP sounds like modern Persona! Both were composed by shoji meguro, and i love both styles!

Meguro composed around a fourth of the PS1 soundtrack. It had various composers.

To me sounds like Mortal Kombat. The new soundtrack is not bad, but it rid a lot of music. The Elly's Theme is missing, for god sake.

It's almost a third of the size of the PS1 soundtrack! The new renditions and new tracks also totally lack the flavor of the originals, barring a few nice ones that even still are shorter and less elaborate. The PSP counterparts for the hospital, haunted house, and Pandora's den themes are incredibly weak, for example.

Raxus

I farmed so much trying to get aluminum sheets and liquid mercury that I have over 600 k in the bank. I am spending cash like crazy and even then I can't put a dent in it. I went to below 400 k buying and fusing personas and I am already back to 500 k.

Money reading is broken as shit.

sense

Post palace 6 sequence spoilers,

I already figured out what was happening a while ago, i even noticed the pancakes thing and i was convinced that Futaba was hacking Akechi's cellphone when she pretended she wanted to check it out because it was the latest model. I also imagined Shido was behind the incidents almost from the beginning, all i had to do was figuring out who was doing the dirty work for him, and at some point it was odd that they didn't introduce another character associated with the mental shutdowns and Okumura's murder, so it had to be Akechi (his story of how he had only witnessed the murder of Haru's father in the metaverse just didn't add up, even considering how it was presented in the game).

The only thing that made me doubt a bit was the fact that he had a Persona (Robin Hood at that), but I had the final confirmation when Futaba stated that the "Medjed" thing was made by someone in Japan without coding experience, at that point it was clear that it was him, a character described as generally very capable and smart but not exactly a hacker or a skilled coder.

I didn't know how they planned to justify the plot holes, because some scenes were clearly missing, but the unreliable narrator escamotage (because of the drugs injected to Joker) worked for me. And yeah the Thieves' plan to fuck Akechi is a gigantic asspull but i think it's fine anyway, it was cool lol

By the way Palace 6 was outstanding, really a brilliant concept executed perfectly. Also Shadow Sae was so, so, sooooo hot

You typed up everything I wanted to lol. I kinda feel like they expected the player to catch it and play along because it just seemed too obvious at times.

Rhaknar

I need to try takoyaki one of these days

Edit: oi asshole dont just take other people's food, what the fuck?

Rhaknar

Im calling it now,
Haru
is the mole.
Shes way too "im just happy to be with you guyz" for someone who lost her dad to a metaverse incident. And you just met us lady!

I need to try takoyaki one of these days

Edit: oi asshole dont just take other people's food, what the fuck?

Remember to let it cool before consuming. I stuck a piping hot takoyaki in my mouth and almost died while my friends yucked it up.

Also serves him right, what idiot takes the bright red one.

Dragner

Octopus is pretty delicious when prepared right. It is nice and chewy and it is pretty aces fried.

I agree. It has to be a bit hard so it doesnt feel like a gum in your mouth and you feel the 'meat'. Also I like it with little seasoning just a bit of spice salt and some baked fries and I could eat that all day.

Top Bottom