• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quick palace 6 question

I rigged the dices. If I use it to get the coins I need can I still do the slots side for completion / exp sake?

Wdit: nvm you need to do the other aswell

Just finished after 125 hours. Pretty good, a few palaces are a bit boring and drag out too long, the game last a bit too long I'd probably shave a Palace to avoid the story to drag on this long.

I prefer P4G, especially the soundtrack (the track in 5 are solid but they repeat so often, and the final bosses track have nothing on Golden final bosses)

Agreed. P5's ost for me fit the game perfectly which was a huge plus.

While I think P5 is superior to the other Persona's in various departments, I just enjoyed P3/P4 more.

Mid October:
UGH it's so annoying that they won't let me go into Mementos because Haru isn't here. I have 4 or 5 Confidants that I can't progress until I do their Mementos quest. :/

This game is making me so horribly sleep deprived that I'm struggling to make it through my work day. I should logically go to bed super early tonight and recharge, but I stopped like two in-game days before sending the sixth calling card and I'm desperate to know what happens.

Help me, GAF. Sleep or Persona?
Nvm

nOoblet16

So I switched to Japanese voices and Jesus..Chihaya turned into a Chihuahua. She sounds like a 6 year old despite being one of the few adults. I really hate this high pitched pre puberty voice that is often so common. It's one of the reasons I don't play games in Japanese because it's such a turn off.

Tae sounds better, but her English voice sounds considerably more confidant and imposing which fits her personality. Same for Yusuke, thr Japanese voice is good but I like his English voices a lot more. "How could this be?"

In contrast, Hifumi's sounds better in Japanese. Sojiro, Futaba, Makoto and are about on par on both for me. Ryuji sounds like an even bigger idiot in Japanese...lol

Thud

So I switched to Japanese voices and Jesus..Chihaya turned into a Chihuahua. She sounds like a 6 year old despite being one of the few adults you can date. I really hate this high pitched ore puberty voice that is often so common. It's one of the reasons I don't play games in Japanese because it's such a turn off.

Tae sounds better, but her English voice sounds considerably more confidant and imposing which fits her personality.

Chihaya is a hamster.

Opa-Pa

So I switched to Japanese voices and Jesus..Chihaya turned into a Chihuahua. She sounds like a 6 year old despite being one of the few adults. I really hate this high pitched ore puberty voice that is often so common. It's one of the reasons I don't play games in Japanese because it's such a turn off.

Tae sounds better, but her English voice sounds considerably more confidant and imposing which fits her personality. Same for Yusuke, thr Japanese voice is good but I like his English voices a lot more. "How could this be?"

In contrast, Hifumi's sounds better in Japanese. Sojiro, Futaba, Makoto and are about on par on both for me. Ryuji sounds like an even bigger idiot in Japanese...lol

You're just being gaijin :/

Aye, anime voice acting is the worst

Sciel

So I switched to Japanese voices and Jesus..Chihaya turned into a Chihuahua. She sounds like a 6 year old despite being one of the few adults. I really hate this high pitched pre puberty voice that is often so common. It's one of the reasons I don't play games in Japanese because it's such a turn off.

Couldn't stand Akechi's (Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed) and Morgona's (Pikachu) Japanese voices.

nOoblet16

Morgana is alright, but he sorta sounds like a boy in Japanese which is fine I guess but that's at odds with how it's suppose to be i.e. he is a dude but has a feminine name/voice which is why characters at start wonder if Morgana is a boy or a girl.

ShadyK54

Is there anywhere where I can preview or see how the PS4 theme's look? I was thinking of getting either MC's or Makoto's theme, but I just wanted to see what they look like ahead of time.

Mid October:
UGH it's so annoying that they won't let me go into Mementos because Haru isn't here. I have 4 or 5 Confidants that I can't progress until I do their Mementos quest. :/

This happened to me too.

The worst part was that I got text messages telling me to go into Mementos!
It just made me matter. October was kind of miserable.

Hupsel

Game is fun, maybe Im a little burned from it after 80h and playing P4G two years ago.

It´s still the same premise of Palace - Social Life - Palace and it repeats over... and over... and over... and over...

And the social link stories are kinda meh. It´s also a little dumb that every girl wants to fuck the MC lol.

Morgana is alright, but he sorta sounds like a boy in Japanese which is fine I guess but that's at odds with how it's suppose to be i.e. he is a dude but has a feminine name/voice which is why characters at start wonder if Morgana is a boy or a girl.

I remember though in the beginning of the game that one of the characters asked if you think Morgana's human form is male or female. I think they left Morgana's gender ambigious on purpose.

Endgame spoilers
especially when Morgana represents the abstract being hope, then the ambiguity is actually fitting

nOoblet16

I take back what I said yesterday. Affinity Reading is mega useful, he he he...
In order for it to be effective you have to have the matching arcana and give all right answers, only then does doing an affinity reading will immediately unlock rank up for a character for who it says "I don't think I will get closer". Otherwise you have to either do another affinity reading or hang out one more time (which defeats the whole purpose of right answers/affinity readings and matching arcana). It's good but I think it brings out the flaws in the system.

Basically even if you give all right answers and have a matching arcana you will have to do an affinity reading at some point in order to avoid a filler session. It's unavoidable and it shouldn't be like that. What it should do is let you level up every single time if you give all right answers and have a matching arcana, but deduct points from there if you don't fullfil one or both of those conditions. Because the way it is right now, it makes affinity reading absolutely essential rather than supplemental if you want to avoid filler hang out sessions.

And while we are at it, I'd also have liked a quicker option to buy personas. Even directly fast traveling into the velvet room instead of the door would have been enough.

nOoblet16

I remember though in the beginning of the game that one of the characters asked if you think Morgana's human form is male or female. I think they left Morgana's gender ambigious on purpose.

Endgame spoilers
especially when Morgana represents the abstract being hope, then the ambiguity is actually fitting
It doesn't really matter what he actually is, what matters is what he believes. He believes he is a boy while having a feminine name/voice...which is why characters were wondering at that point. If he sounded like a boy (like he does in Japanese, eventhough the actor is a woman) it wouldn't lead to much ambiguity and there won't be that much of a reason for characters to wonder if he is a boy or a girl.

convo

Man i would have loved knowing the mementos money trick 60 hours ago. Powering up my persona as long as i have the money is really convenient.
Oh well at least i got to enjoy being Mr.Shakedown for the poor and defenseless shadows.
I will be getting Kawakami to max rank and that will be a milestone i want to reach much earlier on Ng+.
I hope Atlus can wait at least a year before the spin-offs come marching in.

Rarius

Ok... What's going on with Palace 5? It feels like they developed two levels, stuck them together and then just kinda lumped them into the game, everything about this entire arc is weird and kinda half-assed. Even giving in the calling card just kinda happens without a story beat

Espada

Ok... What's going on with Palace 5? It feels like they developed two levels, stuck them together and then just kinda lumped them into the game, everything about this entire arc is weird and kinda half-assed. Even giving in the calling card just kinda happens without a story beat

The Palace length only gets worse, so prepare yourself for that. And your observation is one I wholeheartedly agree with. I had the same thought while i was going through it. I'm going to dread that section of the game (and another one I'm currently on) every time I replay it.

Guess Who

Banned

It's definitely the weak point of the game, redeemed only by what happens after.

Rarius

Please tell me this is the only low point, everything from
Going to Hawaii for like, two days and doing nothing, not even having a cool story moment a'la the hotel in P4
to
Mona fucking off
is super bizarre. Nothing in this part of the game has had the time to settle in.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I'll never get the complaints that that story arc/Palace 5. It's not even long. Palace 3 is about twice as long, and is much bullshittier.

Espada

Going to Hawaii for like, two days and doing nothing, not even having a cool story moment a'la the hotel in P4
to
Mona fucking off
is super bizarre. Nothing in this part of the game has had the time to settle in.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's definitely the low point of the game for me. All I can say is power through it because what waits for you is definitely much better. Especially in terms of the story.

Guess Who

Banned
to
Mona fucking off

I do think the
Hawaii
part at least is intentional -
the whole point being that the gang is too focused on being the Phantom Thieves to actually enjoy themselves. The Morgana plot is definitely dumb, though. One of the palaces
after this is maybe a bit overlong, but otherwise I don't think anything else in the game is as rough as the part you're currently in.

vypek

Read a YT comment on one of the soundtrack videos and think I may have spoiled myself on something. I hope my assumption is wrong cause its the ONLY thing I didn't want to be spoiled. lol.

Rarius

The really weird bit is how inconsistent it is
parts like the principal's death is really well done, eerie and adds a ton to the story. Then people start to guess that the Phantom Thieves are the killers. Not a single party member thinks to even put out a statement through the Phan Site? Really?

And don't get me started on how nothing Okumura is. I'm guessing that it's intentional, but this character is nothing, oh no, he's a rich business owner who exploits others. I'd probably care if Haru was introduced before like, a week ago outside of one cutscene. It would have been way more poignant if we knew anything about her life,
or she was a party member before hand

I'm giving in and doing a NG+ playthrough to mop up missed trophies - a few questions:

1. When do new drinks appear at the vendors?
2. How annoying is the fishing trophy?
3. Is there a specific date when the video game console shows up?
4. I understand you need to do all the "side activities" to unlock all the books? I got the homerun trophy my second attempt in regular NG but I'll need to do it at least once in this playthrough to unlock the book?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Palace 6

Where the hell is this red panel in the staff passageway
? :/

Top Bottom