• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

_Ryo_

I was confused at first, but I guess you were saying that 6th palace's music was so good that it retroactively made the 5th palace better.

No, it doesn't make the 5th palace better but it does wash the taste of 2nd half of the 5th palace from your mouth. ie, it's so good that the horribleness of palace 5 will be irrelevant when playing though palace 6.

Bladenic

Can Atlus please PLEASE not reuse the character model of "idiot macho-acting wannabe punk ass bitch who yells a lot" for the first party member next game? They've followed the same template three games in a row and even use the same sounding voice for these characters (in English at least). Sick of this shit. Ryuji started off cool but he's garbage already by July, and while his SLink was cute, the fact that SLinks are completely independent of the story doesn't help this dumbass's case.

I know they follow a certain template with the series and characters even, but I feel that this first dude who joins you is the most blatant one and also the most annoying.

Junpei was aight in my book but Yosuke is irredeemable trash and the worst character in his game (in competition with Chie) while Ryuji fares a bit better, he's still trash.

SomTervo

Play Persona 4 Golden. It has lots of more content (about 10-15 hours) and is just way superior to the original. The quality of life changes made the game a masterpiece.

Golden is the most complete version, but it does suffer a bit because of the new bits depending on who you ask. They added a lot of new events and cutscenes but IMO some of them are pretty bad, and the game balance was thrown out of the window too, with so many new things to help you that it's actually hard not to end up overpowered... It also added arguably the worst character in the main series as a new focal point for the story and the new epilogue, while not bad, it's largely unnecessary and kinda ruins the original ending.

QoL additions and costumes are great though.

I say if you have the means to play the original and don't own a Vita, don't get one just for this game. For people who own one tho, it's still definitely a great version.

Best version, but you won't miss out on what makes P4 special if you play the PS2 version.

Thanks folks!

You can play P4DAN, P3P, and plenty of other games on Vita though, including older Persona games.

P4 is literally the only one I'm interested in playing. Don't have time or money for the other ones. I'm just targeting P4 and P5.

Opa-Pa

Bought the Persona 2 costumes like the weak willed dumbass I am.

Looking forward to listen to that IS battle theme in an actually good game.

nOoblet16

No, it doesn't make the 5th palace better but it does wash the taste of 2nd half of the 5th palace from your mouth. ie, it's so good that the horribleness of palace 5 will be irrelevant when playing though palace 6.
This is true, the fact that palace 5 is bad in every sense including music (3 atleast has two good tracks, even if you hate the palace) only makes palace 6 feel even better.

I didn't hear you, could you say that again?

image.php

_Ryo_

I'm going to have to go back a few weeks cause I made a huge mistake in selling all my weapons and armor that wasn't equipped. I forgot about the things you can transmutate and special resistances and effects. X_X Which means I gotta restart palace

nOoblet16

I'm going to have to go back a few weeks cause I made a huge mistake in selling all my weapons and armor that wasn't equipped. I forgot about the things you can transmutate and special resistances and effects. X_X Which means I gotta restart palace
Not worth it. I don't even look at any other stats for armour and weapons except damage/defense numbers. The resistance and all come from my persona

FHIZ

In the 5th palace boss I keep getting infected with hunger but the game won't let me use items to cure it... why?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
In the 5th palace boss I keep getting infected with hunger but the game won't let me use items to cure it... why?

Because it's
a good thing to have it in that fight. The boss's biggest attack heals you when you are hungry.

Griss

Is there anywhere to see all the anime cutscenes online?

Ridiculous that they're the one thing not subtitled. How did that pass testing?

I can usually tell what's going on but this 11/20 cutscene lasts forever.

QuadOpto

Is there anywhere to see all the anime cutscenes online?

Ridiculous that they're the one thing not subtitled. How did that pass testing?

I can usually tell what's going on but this 11/20 cutscene lasts forever.

...I know this probably a little bit too late for you but,

There should be an option to turn animation subtitles on in your config menu.

Mediking

Can Atlus please PLEASE not reuse the character model of "idiot macho-acting wannabe punk ass bitch who yells a lot" for the first party member next game? They've followed the same template three games in a row and even use the same sounding voice for these characters (in English at least). Sick of this shit. Ryuji started off cool but he's garbage already by July, and while his SLink was cute, the fact that SLinks are completely independent of the story doesn't help this dumbass's case.

I know they follow a certain template with the series and characters even, but I feel that this first dude who joins you is the most blatant one and also the most annoying.

Junpei was aight in my book but Yosuke is irredeemable trash and the worst character in his game (in competition with Chie) while Ryuji fares a bit better, he's still trash.

Ryuji is pretty good. He behaves that way for a REASON. And beneath it all... he's a good guy.

Good to know that I'm not the only one with such crazy hours into this game lol

Kindred spirits.

Good lord, what are some of you guys doing that takes so much time?

GAF, man.

I'm constantly checking GAF and posting while playing and cross referencing some guides online to make sure I'm saying the right things.

Really it comes down to this game not having a pause function. I'll also go eat food in the kitchen or go to the bathroom with it running.

I've probably got two dozen hours worth of idle time.

It's kinda genius when you consider who the boss is.

Yeah, it's totally intuitive looking back at it, I'm just too hardwired to defend haha.

Edit: Yeah it's definitely worth leveling the politician. It's at night when not as much other stuff is and his skills help a lot with negotiations.

ckohler

Good lord, what are some of you guys doing that takes so much time?
I never skip anything. Ever. Every vocal track gets played fully with appropriate pauses between so it sounds like a movie. I waste a lot of time fusing persona because I suck at it. I die at least once or twice per boss. I'll sometimes look up a tip like what flowers to choose at the flower shop. I grind in mementos for money. All this.

QuadOpto

...I was sure I turned that on. Maybe it didn't save? I'll go check. Will be super-pissed if so.

Is it that certain lines are subtitled while others aren't? Or are you not getting subtitles at all in any cutscenes?

If it's the former then yeah that's a known issue with using Japanese voices, any audio that wasn't originally transcribed or translated for the scenes in Japanese were left un-translated(possibly because they weren't able to add or encode subtitles to those parts.).

If it's the latter and your options have subtitles on then it might be some form of glitch.

In any case, SPOILER VIDEO:
Here's a link to a video with all the cutscenes in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcXKs-OoQs, though you probably shouldn't watch until you've completed the game or can somehow ignore or block out suggestions, as there's almost certainly going to be spoilers somewhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this
mice
part in palace 7 is annoying me

Wow the fortune final confidant ability is garbage why would you even remotely want that skill especially when the average player will get it so late/not at all? I would have thought the level 7 ability should have been the level 10 one.

Dragner

Wow the fortune final confidant ability is garbage why would you even remotely want that skill especially when the average player will get it so late/not at all? I would have thought the level 7 ability should have been the level 10 one.

Lvl 10 fortune is only worth it for the present you get from maxing her if you plan on doing ng+. The actual rank reward is a joke.

Top Bottom