• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Lvl 10 fortune is only worth it for the present you get from maxing her if you plan on doing ng+. The actual rank reward is a joke.

For sure, being able to quickly get her back to rank 7 in ng+ is especially critical for people who want to do all the hang out scenes with the characters they like.

Also why in the holy mother of fuck did they introduce the chalk throw scene at the start of the game, and then never use it again until
october____
where they start spamming the shit out of it?

Edit: derp double post meant to edit

Also why in the holy mother of fuck did they introduce the chalk throw scene at the start of the game, and then never use it again until
october____
where they start spamming the shit out of it?

Edit: derp double post meant to edit

This is a very small thing that bothers me too. He should do it every single time he teaches you. Or every other. That day when your proficiency is finally high enough to dodge it after months of getting nailed... bellissimo

MechaX

Massive 11/20 spoilers:
YES! My hunch about the pancake conversation that has been bugging me for 50 goddamn hours has finally paid off!

Recall

I need a little help please. It's 7/26.

I'm approaching Pslace 4,
LeBlanc
is my headquarters now. How or where do I go to trigger access to Mementos?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What's Reaper grind?

In Mementos
The Reaper appears when you idle too long. Wait until flu season in November. Save your game and trigger him. He might start the fight with despair.
Which means he won't attack and kill himself in 3 turns. 72k XP per kill.

Also don't do it, it breaks the balance way too much lol

TI82

Banned
So does anyone still have their controller skin? I'll trade some stuff from take your heart edition for it if so.

finished dungeon 5 and i found the final boss is the easiest one out of all the bosses so far.
the first phase of the fight is just horde mode and a checkpoint to see if you remember the weakness of each enemy and the big robot was pretty easy to just block the planet burger move. The dungeon itself was much harder than the boss. I just hope the dungeons in the future are not as tedious and boring as this one.

Yep. Dungeon 4 is the worst part of the game. I hate this area so much. Team members keep missing the enemies since they have stupid high evasion or something. Enemies have 1 hit k.o spells which seems to hit every time for me. The dungeon is a slog to traverse. I hate [character] this is related to. Why is this area so shit? What happened since the dungeons 1-3 didn't bother me but this is off putting.

Edit: Yes this rant comes from where I just died to Anubis somehow evading 3 team mate attacks and landing Mudo me forcing me to go back to the save room.

Yep. Dungeon 4 is the worst part of the game. I hate this area so much. Team members keep missing the enemies since they have stupid high evasion or something. Enemies have 1 hit k.o spells which seems to hit every time for me. The dungeon is a slog to traverse. I hate [character] this is related to. Why is this area so shit? What happened since the dungeons 1-3 didn't bother me but this is off putting.

oof if you can't tolerate dungeon 4 then worst is yet to come lol.
next one is even worse imo.

10/26 fuck this game

oh sure Akechi I'm sure you only just unlocked your persona powers... too bad you heard morgana talk back at the movie studio

Man everything about akechi has been handled like garbage

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
10/26 fuck this game

oh sure Akechi I'm sure you only just unlocked your persona powers... too bad you heard morgana talk back at the movie studio

Let the story play through.
If you think the characters are too stupid to notice that too....

Up to 10/29 spoilers

What happened to Haru's father was awful ;_; Sucks that it's because of circumstances that the Phantom Thieves didn't pressure him into returning to his true self and just left him there. Wish Haru would've been a little angrier too, like get mad at the PT for killing her father or something but oh well.

YEEEEEEES.
Goro finally joined the team <3 And his Persona is Robin Hood too!! With all those spells it seems he's like the Naoto of this game (+ the whole detective thing in general). It doesn't seem like he has the Rank 10 Second Persona Awakening like the others but I'm fine using him since Mishima's ability lets everyone get the same amount of EXP~

Is level 45 worth to try defeating the Reaper in a normal battle (without Despair shenanigans)?

Edit: Yes this rant comes from where I just died to Anubis somehow evading 3 team mate attacks and landing Mudo me forcing me to go back to the save room.

IIRC the Persona Isis is immunue to Light and Curse attacks which handles the OHKO complaint. I enjoyed that palace.

sense

Man, palace 7 tries really hard to piss you off with its puzzles, some enemies without weakness and some sections where the save points are just far enough that you either push on in hopes you don't get killed or you back track a lot to save but then every enemy is back...

I guess I really should have completed over 3 or 4 days instead of one big push lol because I was trying very hard to manage sp even with the patch

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Palace 7 is way too big and has way too much backtracking with the
mice
stuff for being 100 hours into the game (well 99 for me). I apreciate what its doing, but it probably wouldnt have bothered me if it was like the second palace.

Guess Who

Banned
10/26 fuck this game

all that I can say in response to this post is a knowing "lol" and "keep playing"

10/26 fuck this game

I'm at essentially the same place you are and I feel differently
I love how they're handling Akechi. I feel like they are very much going out of their way to show how shady he is as kind of a red herring? The TV Station thing, the fact that you don't see his awakening, and his weird social link are all hard to miss. I particularly feel like the voice actor is nailing it, every time he talks about how nice conversing with Joker is, he sounds like the fakest dude in the world, then you get a confidant rank without actually learning anything about him. Put all this together and I think the fact that he's going to turn you in is supposed to be obvious, which makes me excited for what the actual reveal will be, either the thieves are going to pull one over on him because they're not complete idiots (except Ryuji), or someone else is actually the traitor, I feel like there's no way they play this straight.

Super early on, 4/15 but the constant cutting to the interrogation is dumb and could've been deleted.

ps: any tips you wish you knew early on battle wise/prep wise?

Jisgsaw

Super early on, 4/15 but the constant cutting to the interrogation is dumb and could've been deleted.

Yeah, there were waay too much of that in the beginning (hence the thread title)

ps: any tips you wish you knew early on battle wise/prep wise?

Have you ever played a persona or SMT game? It' pretty standard of the series.
If not, the usual applies: fuse personas often often, mind the elmental weaknesses, buffs/debuffs and status ailments.

Opa-Pa

Make an Isis, she nulls both curse and bless.

Every time the game does something like that it's to tell you you shouldn't be slacking on your persona fusions.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You guys see that other thread about not liking Persona 5? Some people are going in about how much they hate this game.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Final dungeon is ridiculously long. Jesus Christ.

And that's why you
don't skimp out on going into Mementos through the game.
Doing it in chunks vs all at once. But then again the floors you skipped should be really easy after the boat palace.

Linkura

And that's why you
don't skimp out on going into Mementos through the game.
Doing it in chunks vs all at once. But then again the floors you skipped should be really easy after the boat palace.

Um...
I finished Mementos before going in there. It's still way too drawn out.
First the depths of Mementos, then you gotta go save your friends, then you're in the city.
Really hope I'm nearing the end. It's tedious.

Is there any point where i can just grind without having to worry that when I exit time will pass? I'm worried I won't be high enough level by the time i reach the end to create some of the more powerful personas

Alright, alright, Sojiro is the best Confidant.
I'm in the final month now (I think) and I started paying attention to his social link and Boss is definitely delivering the goods.

Aside from that, it's been a struggle since I passed the 100 hour mark.The dungeon crawling has gotten old and the story just isn't doing it for me anymore but I'm so close to the end that I can't give up now. But the more I play and the more I'm reminded that I should start a second playthrough of Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Jisgsaw

Is there any point where i can just grind without having to worry that when I exit time will pass? I'm worried I won't be high enough level by the time i reach the end to create some of the more powerful personas

Not that I know of.
However, doing the palaces without avoiding all enemies + one run of mementos in between palces is more than enough to have a high enough level (at least on normal)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Alright, alright, Sojiro is the best Confidant.
I'm in the final month now (I think) and I started paying attention to his social link and Boss is definitely delivering the goods.

Aside from that, it's been a struggle since I passed the 100 hour mark.The dungeon crawling has gotten old and the story just isn't doing it for me anymore but I'm so close to the end that I can't give up now. But the more I play and the more I'm reminded that I should start a second playthrough of Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

You should have stopped playing 70 hours ago. Spoiler alert, you'll hate everything that's coming. Save yourself the heartache, and play something else.

ASIS

So this is my first persona game. I have to say I like quite a bit. But I have a question.

I'm currently playing on Hard mode. I beat the second palace while I was level 18, but just barely. Strangely enough the average level on that day was 17. This made me realize that playing on hard may not be a good idea as there is an indirect consequence of spending too much time in the palaces and not enough on the outside world.

So here's my question. If I continue playing on Hard, will I still be able to get the most out of the game? or should I lower the difficulty for a first play through. (and no I am not going to keep switching difficulties, I want to commit to one only.)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So this is my first persona game. I have to say I like quite a bit. But I have a question.

I'm currently playing on Hard mode. I beat the second palace while I was level 18, but just barely. Strangely enough the average level on that day was 17. This made me realize that playing on hard may not be a good idea as there is an indirect consequence of spending too much time in the palaces and not enough on the outside world.

So here's my question. If I continue playing on Hard, will I still be able to get the most out of the game? or should I lower the difficulty for a first play through. (and no I am not going to keep switching difficulties, I want to commit to one only.)

First playthough, don't bother about juggling dungeons and social life. Go at your own rhythm. Do whatever it is that you want, and play on the difficulty that you want. And the average level is always out of whack. I'm perpetually 5 levels behind and then 5 levels higher after the dungeons.

Guess Who

Banned
You guys see that other thread about not liking Persona 5? Some people are going in about how much they hate this game.

Not surprised there's backlash. Persona 5's had a much higher profile than previous Persona games, which means new people coming into the series who may not be acclimated to its... quirks, let's say. It's definitely an acquired taste.

Top Bottom