• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Kyrios

Oh you absolutely have to register new versions of personas you already have. If there is a level 15 Persona with bufu in your compendium and you capture a level 20 version with bufula then you need to register it so that it overwrites your low level Persona.

Similarly if you have a level 15 Persona in the compendium and then level it up via gameplay to level 20 then you need to manually register that to overwrite the low level version as well. On the other hand if you gain a new persona via fusion it's automatically registered as well.

The question is what if it's a Persona that's not in your compendium and you capture it via fights? I am pretty damn sure that you need to manually register it in this case.

Ah ok, I get what you're saying.

nOoblet16

I usually only let the voices play during important scenes.

I like how you were the one that said "opinions and all", and yet it's still so baffling to you that someone felt that way
It's exactly why I said opinions and all, I wouldn't have said that if I didn't find it baffling. It's just a way of stating that I cannot see how something like that happens but "opinions and all".

Jiraiza

Takemi certainly called you out in the end. I've been spoilt on the forutne teller also figuring it out too. Maybe just romance S.Links, as I haven't heard or seen any completed ones for male characters. I can't wait to finish up Yoshida's.

Only did Takemi's and Kawakami's so far and I'm sure that's the trend I'll see in the other non-party SLs. It's not a bad thing, rather, it's kind of nice. I just think it's a shame it's only isolated to the MC.

On another note, Haru's phantom outfit is sooooooooooooooo good.

Ultimadrago

I can confirm new Personas (both fused and acquired) are auto-registered, and you only need to register "changed" Personas.

It auto registers. I was running through the early mementos areas and the instant kill ryuji skill kept giving me personas and they all got added even though I was dumping them.

All the manual registering does is update older ones that you've leveled beyond their initial register.

Thanks for the confirmations.

The question is what if it's a Persona that's not in your compendium and you capture it via fights? I am pretty damn sure that you need to manually register it in this case.

persona are always automatically registered if they are not in the compendium. The only time it is not the case is if you have more persona than you can hold and dump the new one.

TheFatMan

I like this game. I do. I'm on the 3rd Palace.

That said....honestly my least favorite part of the game are the Palaces....they just get tedious heh.

Jintor

11/27 (dungeon 7 raid)
i'll get blocked if i ever say it on twitter but it's funny how
main villain totally looks like hideki kamiya just because he has orange shades and is bald

also this monologue is particularly weird to read in a trump presidency

LotusHD

Banned
You should tag your spoilers, so people know what they're clicking.

That said....honestly my least favorite part of the game are the Palaces....they just get tedious heh.

Yea, they go on for way too long...

silva1991

the strongest and most unique spells in this game looks so good and I need gif of them

Also I hate how God's hand looks in this game.

Generally, the only thing I don't really like about Haru is her voice, which is done well but feels out of place alongside the others--the confusion about whether she was played by Nanako's voice actor, for example, isn't a great sign. That said, if I set aside that it's weird for a high school student to sound the way she does, I dig the performance itself.

I also like her confidant storyline, especially given that she's set up to be a Fuuka-like character (a little bit shy, a little bit kooky). But almost immediately, the confidant storyline
gives her by far the most adult problems of any of the team members, between figuring out what to do with the company and figuring out what to do about her fiancee.
I'm sure that juxtaposition between
adorable/shy on the one hand and pragmatic and business-minded on the other
isn't that novel, but from what I saw, it worked really well. She's one of the confidants I'd look forward to finishing the most when/if I do a max-confidant run.

Also also: Haru has the best baton pass animation (it screams "I'm just so excited to be here!") and the best all-out-attack splash animation.

While I still do see them as a chore, Atlus at least injected some more sense of variety to the design of the main palaces. Dungeon crawling in the previous games was utterly mind-numbing compared to this.

nOoblet16

It auto registers. I was running through the early mementos areas and the instant kill ryuji skill kept giving me personas and they all got added even though I was dumping them.

All the manual registering does is update older ones that you've leveled beyond their initial register.

I can confirm new Personas (both fused and acquired) are auto-registered, and you only need to register "changed" Personas.
So why is it that when I capture a new persona and don't use it (meaning it doesn't level up at all and remains as it was when captured) and then go to compendium I see the option to register it ?

If it auto registered then surely I should not be able to see the option to register it as there is nothing "new" to register?

Guess Who

Banned
i'll get blocked if i ever say it on twitter but it's funny how (11/27)
main villain totally looks like hideki kamiya just because he has orange shades and is bald

Have you gotten to (11/27)
his palace
yet? Because
a cruise ship of the wealthy and elite floating among the ruins of the country
is a hell of a metaphor.

Sorian

Banned
So why is it that when I capture a new persona and don't use it (meaning it doesn't level up at all and remains as it was when captured) and then go to compendium I see the option to register it ?

If it auto registered then surely I should not be able to see the option to register it as there is nothing "new" to register?

Surely you would be wrong. You can also go buy something direct from the compendium and from the same menu, scroll over to register and the one you just bought will be in there to register.

Anyone have an idea what confidant the card icon on the map is hinting for me in Shibuya at evening. I know it's not Sun, is it
the airsoft shop guy? I need more guts to return the paper bag to him.
. Can't think of anyone else obvious.

At the end of May btw if that helps.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Because it probably gained some experience.

This can actually happen if you ALREADY have the stock version of the persona in your compendium, but then capture another copy of it. The game, for some reason, won't recognize that a persona that's entered your inventory (either through capture or by purchasing it from the compendium) is the same as the registered version, and will offer to register it even though there is no difference in skills or level/XP. Are you sure that persona was completely new to you?

Cat

Anyone have an idea what confidant the card icon on the map is hinting for me in Shibuya at evening. I know it's not Sun, is it
the airsoft shop guy? I need more guts to return the paper bag to him.
. Can't think of anyone else obvious.

At the end of May btw if that helps.

Hit Square while looking at the map, and it will show you that info.

Megasoum

Banned
Can you actually sell extra weapons you have in your inventory?

They don't show up in the "Sell" tab at the shop...

I've got so many Training Whips...ugh

Can you actually sell extra weapons you have in your inventory?

They don't show up in the "Sell" tab at the shop...

I've got so many Training Whips...ugh

Hit L1/R1 in the sell screen to toggle between categories. The sell screen only shows treasures by default but you can sell pretty much everything, including duplicate weapons/armor/etc.

Megasoum

Banned
Yes. The "sell" tab defaults to "treasure", but you can switch to other item types too.

Airsoft gun shop guy.

Yes. I think it's R1 for it to switch to the type of thing you want to sell.

Hit L1/R1 in the sell screen to toggle between categories. The sell screen only shows treasures by default but you can sell pretty much everything, including duplicate weapons/armor/etc.

Ah great! I have so much crap to sell and I'm always broke so that will help

Thanks guys

Megasoum

Banned
Palace 2 minor spoiler

Not a huge fan of the traps concept but I love the fact that they use Soul's games style shortcuts.

Question about around 11/25
Errr so I have a lot of confidants that aren't really leveled uplease at that point...am I screwed for maxing them all ? I thought I had till March when I played the game :/

LiK

She lived in America for a while which is why she can speak English. And she is quarter American and 3/4th Japanese, which is suppose to be the explanation for why she has blonde hair and blue eyes..lol. Cause somehow in her case the 1/4 recessive genes ended up coming on top of the 3/4 dominant genes.

TMS also had a biracial character and she looked totally white. Seems to be a trend with Japanese character designers.

silva1991

I saw a steamer playing with P3 costumes with P3's battle music? I need that shit.

Aye, I wanted an updated version of P4's Gods' Hand. I know it's supposed to be more like a rocket punch, but it just looks like it has less conviction like I'd expect from the name!

Agreed. It should have been a grandeur version of P4's God hand.

Palace 2 minor spoiler

Not a huge fan of the traps concept but I love the fact that they use Soul's games style shortcuts.

I loved the calling card phase of Palace 2

By which I mean the Phantom Thieves actually pull off a heist. Before it, and seemingly after it, you just run to the chamber and expect to grab the treasure, whereas here the group split to obtain it. It kind of set me up for disappointment for the resolution to the other dungeons - though I've only cleared up to Palace 5 so this might change.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fuck it, just ordered Take your heart from Amazon. I've got a digital copy but it's not enough for one of the best games ever made.

FluxWaveZ

I loved the calling card phase of Palace 2

By which I mean the Phantom Thieves actually pull off a heist. Before it, and seemingly after it, you just run to the chamber and expect to grab the treasure, whereas here the group split to obtain it. It kind of set me up for disappointment for the resolution to the other dungeons - though I've only cleared up to Palace 5 so this might change.

Not really a spoiler, but addressing your hope:
it unfortunately doesn't change.

There really should have been more sequences like the one you're referring to. Genuine, elaborately planned heists by the Phantom Thieves, making use of each of their distinct talents. Hell, maybe take it one step further and have more player involvement, where we can decide certain aspects of how a treasure will be stolen, and who should be used for it, ala the Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2.

11/27 (dungeon 7 raid)
i'll get blocked if i ever say it on twitter but it's funny how

Spoiler for November-December boss:
Hes actually a cross between Kamiya + Char + Armstrong

Ydelnae

11/20 question

Does the choices made this day affect whether you get the true ending or not? Is there a true ending at all?

Am I missing something or did they
never try to figure out what Sae's distortion was in order to enter the palace? They only just figured out the location for the nav...
(10/29)

So are these treasure Personas or whatever they're called just gonna clog my slots until I use them? Can't see an option to register them. :/

Am I missing something or did they
never try to figure out what Sae's distortion was in order to enter the palace? They only just figured out the location for the nav...
(10/29)

Yup, you missed something. They definitely have a conversation about it.

So are these treasure Personas or whatever they're called just gonna clog my slots until I use them? Can't see an option to register them. :/

Check your compendium, they should already be there. Feel free to dispose of the ones you have in whatever way you wish.

FluxWaveZ

11/20 question

Does the choices made this day affect whether you get the true ending or not? Is there a true ending at all?

If the game warned you about something, then yes. Don't worry too much, though. Just do what makes sense, and you'll know it if you messed up.

Top Bottom