• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

127 hours in and I honesty don't know:

If you recruit a Persona but don't have the space to add them to your active masks, will they still be added to the compendium?

Zafir

127 hours in and I honesty don't know:

If you recruit a Persona but don't have the space to add them to your active masks, will they still be added to the compendium?

Only if you replace them with one of your active Persona's. Otherwise it doesn't get added. I lost ALOT of Personas because of it.

For some reason they changed it from how it worked in past games.

Does anyone have a REEEEALLY good guide for the Strength Confidant? I missed a couple Persona's necessary for one guide's Ame-no-Uzume with Dodge Psy and I've been stuck on Level 4 of the Confidant for over a hundred hours.

Fusing is no longer fun because I can capture above my level (thanks to Sun) but I can't fuse above my level. So now I have plenty of Persona's near my level (57) but I can't fuse them into anything interesting and try to build Personas with complimentary abilities.

I don't know why Fusing seemed more fun in 4 and why I felt so much better at it...

Edit: Literally just realized I have a Koh-i-Noor treasure demon with Dodge Psy and I can try to game the strengthening system to get it to a summoned Ame-no-Uzume.

Does anyone know what slot an ability has to be in to get transferred? I heard it's actually related to that and not random.

Edit 2: Turns out that it is random. Whoever was spreading that was wrong. Sigh. Save scumming it is.

Lakuza

Just purchased the game a few mins ago and got 30 mins left for the download to complete.
This will be my first persona so looking forward to playing it :)

I'm still not sure whether to play english voices or japanese voices. I want to play in japanese but I remember reading somewhere that not everything in game is subtitled like the tv/news? is this still true? or am I overthinking it and playing in japanese audio is fine?

(I've finished nier automata in japanese audio for reference)

Ferrio

Banned
Just purchased the game a few mins ago and got 30 mins left for the download to complete.

I'm still not sure whether to play english voices or japanese voices. I want to play in japanese but I remember reading somewhere that not everything in game is subtitled like the tv/news? is this still true? or am I overthinking it and playing in japanese audio is fine?

Ya there's quite a lot not subbed. Lot of battle lines, random chatter between NPCs, some parts in cinematics, and ya tv/movie stuff.

For shame.

I think its fine to play thro it your first time with Japanese audio.

Toki767

Playing in Japanese is fine, but I played in English because there are times I'll look away briefly and still want to hear what's being said.

Not that it happens a whole lot in Persona 5 as for the most part, you have to press X to move to the next dialogue, but that really bugged me in Yakuza 0.

Splinter

I'm in Kamoshidas palace, save room 3F, still have 12 days to complete the mission. I'm low on SP and items, should I return to the real world and load up before continuing? I've read that this palace takes multiple days and I must leave time to spare.

I'm in Kamoshidas palace, save room 3F, still have 12 days to complete the mission. I'm low on SP and items, should I return to the real world and load up before continuing? I've read that this palace takes multiple days and I must leave time to spare.

Personally I (and prob the majority of people) reach the treasure in a single day. Next time stock up on SP drinks every week from the school courtyard, bathhouse, arcade. And I don't remember how far away you are from the end.

Ferrio

Banned

I'd say push as far as you can go. You're not going to permanently screw yourself going in farther, worst thing is you're unable to make it to the next save room, die and have to reload. At that point you should consider going back, or maybe even trying again with your additional knowledge.

I have two weeks to kill in game, but I'm done all of my Confidants and Requests. Anything worth doing or should I just sleep for two weeks? I'm done the Book trophy and I have a separate file saved to try to get the Video Game trophy after I finish the game.

Toki767

I would say you're about halfway done. Maybe a little more.

So yeah...it may be a good idea if you feel like you're in a tough spot.

I have two weeks to kill in game, but I'm done all of my Confidants and Requests. Anything worth doing or should I just sleep for two weeks? I'm done the Book trophy and I have a separate file saved to try to get the Video Game trophy after I finish the game.

Hang out with Confidants at different locations to get gifts/extra scenes.

Some scenes are really fun. Like take Mishima/Iwai to the planetarium for instance.

broz0rs

I feel the English VO for this game is better than any anime I've seen, including Ghibli movies. The VO work on Ann is especially impressive.

Cat

Well, when I had time to spare, I went to the gym after finding out it can increase your HP/SP. You get some scenes with Morgana trying to help with your training.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Does anyone have a REEEEALLY good guide for the Strength Confidant? I missed a couple Persona's necessary for one guide's Ame-no-Uzume with Dodge Psy and I've been stuck on Level 4 of the Confidant for over a hundred hours.

Fusing is no longer fun because I can capture above my level (thanks to Sun) but I can't fuse above my level. So now I have plenty of Persona's near my level (57) but I can't fuse them into anything interesting and try to build Personas with complimentary abilities.

I don't know why Fusing seemed more fun in 4 and why I felt so much better at it...

Edit: Literally just realized I have a Koh-i-Noor treasure demon with Dodge Psy and I can try to game the strengthening system to get it to a summoned Ame-no-Uzume.

Does anyone know what slot an ability has to be in to get transferred? I heard it's actually related to that and not random.

Edit 2: Turns out that it is random. Whoever was spreading that was wrong. Sigh. Save scumming it is.

Did you get it to work?

I feel the English VO for this game is better than any anime I've seen, including Ghibli movies. The VO work on Ann is especially impressive.

Honestly I think the voice acting in P5 is so damn good and makes you really care about the characters. So glad I played it in English.

Even though I've finished the game I can still hear Ryuji saying

"FOR REAL?"

Haha

Lakuza

Thanks for the quick responses :D

Ya there's quite a lot not subbed. Lot of battle lines, random chatter between NPCs, some parts in cinematics, and ya tv/movie stuff.

damn, english voice over it is (gonna miss chopper's VA as Morgana T_T ).
But I did spend the time since posting my question watching the gamespot vid for the VO comparison on youtube, the english VO's seem fine to me so thats a big plus :)

I can save the japanese audio for a 2nd playthrough if I enjoy the game :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Honestly I think the voice acting in P5 is so damn good and makes you really care about the characters. So glad I played it in English.

Even though I've finished the game I can still hear Ryuji saying

"FOR REAL?"

Haha

Ryuji's English VA is awesome and he really sells it especially during hype/angry moments.

Ferrio

Banned
Thanks for the quick responses :D

damn, english voice over it is (gonna miss chopper's VA as Morgana T_T ).
But I did spend the time since posting my question watching the gamespot vid for the VO comparison on youtube, the english VO's seem fine to me so thats a big plus :)

I can save the japanese audio for a 2nd playthrough if I enjoy the game :)

I stuck with Japanese myself. I hate missing out on things, but both Morgana and Futaba's voices have been worth it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I did! Took a good 6 or 7 tries but I leveled up Strength to 5!

Still looking for a nice fusion guide for future levels of the Confidant if anyone has one.

Just googling Persona 5 and the name of the persona usually brought up a guide for each.

Oh and I will confirm too that you only get a Persona if you have them fully join your party. If you remove them from your party as the odd man out they won't be in the compendium.

Um, did this game just straight up call the Czech Republic (Czechia) Czechoslovakia?

It was in a school question, and they had Slovakia as an alternate option so presumably they weren't just speaking historically and yet... Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for nearly 25 years. :/

I'd be interested to know where the error came from, whether it was from the original Japanese and they just didn't bother to correct the mistake or it's some error between the two, but yeah, weird.

(Date for reference:
9/21
)

80 hours played

Level 80 party (thanks flu reaper)

All social links done minus story ones

All books read, will finish all games before this run ends

Not gonna replay for the platinum, but the only things I still need to do are a few gimmicky combat ones like 3 baton passes in a row and kill 3 enemies with one gun round (probably easy enough against low level mementos foes).

Toki767

Um, did this game just straight up call the Czech Republic (Czechia) Czechoslovakia?

It was in a school question, and they had Slovakia as an alternate option so presumably they weren't just speaking historically and yet... Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for nearly 25 years. :/

I'd be interested to know where the error came from, whether it was from the original Japanese and they just didn't bother to correct the mistake or it's some error between the two, but yeah, weird.

(Date for reference:
9/21
)

I think it's more that while it is called the Czech Republic now, it was called Czechoslovakia when the word 'robot' was invented.

Opa-Pa

Fucking Mots and their megidolaons dude. I've lost like two hours of progress for getting cocky against them. I'll show 'em!

RalchAC

Atlus just posted a revision to their P5 streaming rules:

http://atlus.com/update-persona-5-streaming/

tl;dr they moved the cut-off date in-game from 7/7 to 11/19.

IGN has a full playthrough though. I watched the expanded Interrogation scene in because I skipped the
troll ending, aka when Akechi shoots, because I couldn't stand seeing Haru being molested by his fiance.

So I dunno if they're actually doing something to people that actually streams the game.

Aselith

Man STR Max skill is super nice but I dropped like half a mil on it lol

This will help a lot

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/index.html#/list

Sami+

So I bought more music on iTunes because I'm weak (though not weak enough for costume DLC :p). And you know what, poor English is just part of Persona's DNA, but dang it everything is so clear in Rivers in the Desert until the titular bit

RIVERS
IN THE
DEEEEESUUUUUHHHRRRRRRRR
t

I was impressed with the fact I could actually understand the words without too much trouble. Then that bit hits, and without lyrics in front of me I don't think I'd hear what's supposed to be there lol.

It actively bugs me at this point tbh. Surely the series has gotten big enough that they could afford a singer that actually speaks English by now? It's pretty jarring after beating NieR Automata which had both intelligible English as well as Japanese and fantasy language stuff.

"I'm a shap shifter" 🙃

Top Bottom