• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

ShadyK54

Temperance Rank 10 spoilers

"That's soooo you!"

Becky making me have the smallest of second doubts about getting with Makoto.

Edit: Also,
are all my Confidants going to figure out I'm a Phantom Thief?! That's now Kawakami & Takemi that have put two and two together lol.

Yeah, there's no story or character progression after characters get introduced, which is different than 4 where a plot line was generally progressing throughout the entire game. So, without a story, you're just left with the bare tedium of the gameplay mechanics which - as nicely put together as they all are - don't really hold up for 100 fucking hours jesus christ.

If the story was gripping then it'd be easy to just push on and the gameplay wouldn't actually matter that much, but since there basically isn't a thread to follow through the game (and several of the episodes are very weak story-wise), there isn't much to keep you going at times.

Dungeon 4 and 6 are pretty nice at least!

This is my feeling too. Game is maybe too long not to have a really clear through-line to keep it moving. I get they were going for picaresque, but that would seem to work better when a familiar/well developed character gets put into a series of interesting situations, which really isn't the case here.

Opa-Pa

Is it worse than the fucking golf game? I almost tossed the controller out of the window

Golf game at least has a logic to it and you can master it eventually. The dice game is literally just RNG.. Which makes Morgana giving you shit make no sense lol.

Anyone using a fusion guide have any reasoning as to why some fusions just don't result in what they say they will?

Both this guide and this post say that a Clotho fused with a Stone of Scone creates a Lachesis but for me the result is Atropos. I have no other way to create one with Tetraja for the Strength Confidant. I'm so fucking frustrated. I've been fusing for hours.

Zesh

Anyone using a fusion guide have any reasoning as to why some fusions just don't result in what they say they will?

Both this guide and this post say that a Clotho fused with a Stone of Scone creates a Lachesis but for me the result is Atropos. I have no other way to create one with Tetraja for the Strength Confidant. I'm so fucking frustrated. I've been fusing for hours.

I've noticed this as well -- not sure if it was this particular case, but some of the fusions online just don't seem to be correct.

ramyeon

If you have leveled them up too much past their base level then it can result in something else. Most fusion guides specific levels for each Persona.

Try fusing a new Clotho.

ShadyK54

10/11

786de3bed1f86697ab32568f6fb3a216.gif

Damn you, Mysterious Figure!

Opa-Pa

It'd be cool if we get yakuza-like mini games for the next one

Yeah! I really appreciated the one clear Yakuza reference, but I feel like Persona could learn a thing or two from the series, and given the setting on this one it felt like a missed opportunity that there wasn't at least one mini game inspired by it.

If you have leveled them up too much past their base level then it can result in something else. Most fusion guides specific levels for each Persona.

Try fusing a new Clotho.

Yup, the way fusions work is basically "Lv20 Arcana A persona + Lv40 Arcana B will always result in Lv30 Arcana C persona" more or less, so if you level them up too much it screws up the results, naturally.

So when I start New Game+ do I have to re-do all the social links to get the max all social links trophy? I want to plan out my time accordingly so that I can get the platinum on this playthrough.

Aki-at

Yeah! I really appreciated the one clear Yakuza reference, but I feel like Persona could learn a thing or two from the series, and given the setting on this one it felt like a missed opportunity that there wasn't at least one mini game inspired by it.

When I got into the baseball minigame I was so excited to try it. Then I did and like come on! You're owned by the same company now, just straight steal that from RGG Studio lol

Temperance Rank 10 spoilers

"That's soooo you!"

Becky making me have the smallest of second doubts about getting with Makoto.

Edit: Also,
are all my Confidants going to figure out I'm a Phantom Thief?! That's now Kawakami & Takemi that have put two and two together lol.

If you really want an answer to that...

Yes, its one of the problems I have with how the Confidants work. It's cool when it happens the first time but it literally happens in every single one largely because every single one also has a quest around rank 7 for Mementos which just leads to you realizing that every bloody Confidant plays out the exact same way and it makes them as a whole much less interesting.

Establish Confidant>Grow Confidant for special bonus>See Confidant has a problem with a specific Person>Get Quest to Change that Persons Heart around rank 7>Complete Quest and Confidant tells you how much better their life now is>Finish Confidant and they reveal that they know who you actually are.

Same thing every time outside of maybe 1, I'm not saying previous S-Links were great in previous games but at the very least they never followed such an obvious and strict formula. I'm replaying Persona 4 Golden now and while as a whole the S-links have a key theme of 'healing' or 'identity' they are all about each of those characters and helping them in different ways, Persona 5 takes that idea and just lets you change everyones hearts. It just comes off as really easy and not nearly as interesting, at least IMO

Zesh

How hard is catching the stupid guardian? How many times do I need to go fishing to have enough points to have a reasonable shot at him?
You don't really need anything other than the top-class bait. It's perfectly feasible to catch it on your second fishing trip.

Mariip

Sooo i'm in november and finding myself with a lot of free time at night, i got max stats and a decent amount of money and i don't know what can i do in my free time so it won't be wasted meaninglessly, any tips?

Astral

I'm in September and only have 4 Confidants maxed. I'm starting to get nervous. It's getting overwhelming. So many are still a low rank and I can't continue some of them because some of my stats aren't high enough.

I'm in September and only have 4 Confidants maxed. I'm starting to get nervous. It's getting overwhelming. So many are still a low rank and I can't continue some of them because some of my stats aren't high enough.

If you are trying to max them all in one playthrough you need a guide, its nearly impossible to do it the first time through without one, but much easier on NG+ when you don't have to worry about raising stats.

Astral

If you are trying to max them all in one playthrough you need a guide, its nearly impossible to do it the first time through without one, but much easier on NG+ when you don't have to worry about raising stats.

Yeah I didn't expect to max them all but I would've liked to max out all the ones I like at least. NG+ I guess.

ShadyK54

If you really want an answer to that...

Yes, its one of the problems I have with how the Confidants work. It's cool when it happens the first time but it literally happens in every single one largely because every single one also has a quest around rank 7 for Mementos which just leads to you realizing that every bloody Confidant plays out the exact same way and it makes them as a whole much less interesting.

Establish Confidant>Grow Confidant for special bonus>See Confidant has a problem with a specific Person>Get Quest to Change that Persons Heart around rank 7>Complete Quest and Confidant tells you how much better their life now is>Finish Confidant and they reveal that they know who you actually are.

Same thing every time outside of maybe 1, I'm not saying previous S-Links were great in previous games but at the very least they never followed such an obvious and strict formula. I'm replaying Persona 4 Golden now and while as a whole the S-links have a key theme of 'healing' or 'identity' they are all about each of those characters and helping them in different ways, Persona 5 takes that idea and just lets you change everyones hearts. It just comes off as really easy and not nearly as interesting, at least IMO

Ah, ok.

Thinking about it, it doesn't really bother me. It's formulaic, yes, but I think I like each individual Confidant story enough to where I can kind of let it slide.

Thanks for the info!

Ah, ok.

Thinking about it, it doesn't really bother me. It's formulaic, yes, but I think I like each individual Confidant story enough to where I can kind of let it slide.

Thanks for the info!

It really only bothered me because so many other things were towards the end of the game and this just added on to it. Towards the end when you are maxing out several over a few days the pattern really starts to show and becomes really noticeable.

Kyrios

So before I beat the game tonight I just have a simple question for NG+

Do you get to carry over the items you decorate your room with or they all go poof?

Mariip

Yeah I didn't expect to max them all but I would've liked to max out all the ones I like at least. NG+ I guess.
I used a guide for the answers and my expertise of 2 former persona games to do so, that way it all went smoothly, i think i might not finish 1 social link if i don't organize my schedule tho...if you want to finish them all you reeeeally need chihaya.

I'm in november 12 and aside for story social links the ones thate ate missing are empress(5) priestess(7) hanged(7) tower(8) strenght(9) , my days are so packed -_-, my nights so free...

LotusHD

Banned
Welp, I beat the game. Took me 95 hours.

As my first Persona game, it was a neat experience. Admittedly though, it went from a game I was initially thoroughly enjoying to one where it became a bit of an utter slog at times, but overall a mostly good game.

I'd guess I'd rate it a 8.5-9 as of now, have to sit on it for awhile, but probably leaning towards 8.5.

Favorite part of the game was probably just hanging out with people, interest in the main plot was definitely there, but kind of simmered down not too long after I'm no longer recapping everything that went down with Sae. Grievances with the game's localization didn't help things either, so much unnecessary dialogue. That being said, I was quite disappointed that they weren't more interwined with the story. Maybe that's a bit selfish, but meh, I was hoping at least dating someone from the actual team would've been more eventful. Should have been a pimp lmao, as I don't see myself replaying this anytime soon.

The palaces, eh, I'm ultimately mixed on them. I loved their designs and all, and how varied they were (4th palace was by far the best one), but damn, they were sooooo long, with some in particular being outright tedious. I won't bother ranking them, but the ones I disliked the most was basically everything after the 4th one, although the 7th one wasn't so bad, just loooooong. I guess I'd also maybe include the first palace, but I'm more forgiving to that due to me just getting the hang of the game and what not.

And yes, the 6th palace had the best music.

But yea, when all is said and done, I'd probably buy Persona 6 whenever that becomes a thing.

Balphon

Sorry. The treasure personas seem to have special rules that can get a bit screwy in ways I don't totally understand.

You can try something like this:

Principality + Succubus/Onmoraki/Nue/Sui-Ki/Black Ooze/Mothman (basically any Moon persona below 35 or so should work) = Lilim

Take-Minakata + Lilim = Lachesis

If you're missing those pieces here's some basic fusions using stuff you probably captured:

Take-Minakata = High Pixie + Lamia // Orobas + Flauros // Jack Frost + Thoth
Principality = High Pixie + Nue // Lamia + Nekomata/Sandman

Upside is you can resummon Lilim to use in the next rank as well.

Kindekuma

Banned
I feel like a contestant on Chopped or MasterChef when it comes to these Persona fusions for the wardens. A DASH OF DODGE PSY, CHEF! NEEDS MORE DEKAJA!

stryke

Is there something stopping me from using items to cure ailments in the last boss battle? It keeps telling me no target available despite my Makoto clearly in hunger....

So, I used a level 15 Queen's Necklace on a level 22 Nue at the gallows and i only got two stat increases. Am I doing something wrong? I thought I was supposed to get like a lot of magic or luck or whatever if I did that? also, do i get more or less if it says i'll up three stats? i'm heading into mementos and i want to do the luck/confusion trick for money.

Is there something stopping me from using items to cure ailments in the last boss battle? It keeps telling me no target available despite my Makoto clearly in hunger....

Most of the final bosses ailments are classed as "special" and can't be cured.

Although hunger should be the exception, and Salvation worked on it for me.

After hours of fusing and hundreds of thousands of yen, I did it! I completed the Strength Confidant! From 4 to 10 in one sitting. Now I can fuse Personas higher than my level!

...once I have more than ¥2,000.

Kyrios

After hours of fusing and hundreds of thousands of yen, I did it! I completed the Strength Confidant! From 4 to 10 in one sitting. Now I can fuse Personas higher than my level!

...once I have more than ¥2,000.

"Well I got all of the Personas! Won't be able to eat past Thursday, but I got em!

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
What does?

Yakisoba Pan, which is found at the school store on the first floor, and some of the rations you can get from the vending machine in the Airsoft Shop.
Amrita Drop/Shower should work too, and Patra/Me Patra.

Top Bottom