• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Balphon

Kindness is still a challenge to level up, thought I would have hit it by now with using the cinema, video games, watering plant and the steak at the diner.

Still only at level 3

Sorry Futaba

Luck readings and leveling Tower are your best bet. Tower gives 3 kindness points at every rank up.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Other than that your stuck with using high critical attacks and fishing foe Crits for Treasure Demons after Palace 4 since they have no weaknesses.

You could try to get Gun Crits with Ann too, since she has way more shots per fun attack on a single target like Treasure Demons.

Lunar15

Damn I've died twice in Palace 6 so far. Just got hit with a Fear -> Ghastly Wail follow-up. LOL. Fun times. The first time I died was getting ambushed by a Valkyrie and I killed all the other mobs, then I decided it would be a GREAT idea for Joker to melee the last Valkyrie. Got countered to death. R I P. That was a really painful defeat too because I lost a run where I managed to capture the Treasure Demon because of a lucky Position Hack. Since then I haven't been able to down the Treasure Demon again normally. >_<

Fear -> Ghastly Wail also messed me up in Palace 6. Totally forgot it was a thing.

I think I managed to get one Treasure Demon that way with it. I might be confusing it with another demon but I remember it working.

Yeah , you can use the high critical punches on all Treasure Demons except Scone of Stone which Nulls Phys. But Scone and the previous two have weakness which are a better way to down them.

vypek

I think I managed to get one Treasure Demon that way with it. I might be confusing it with another demon but I remember it working.

Okay. I just got miracle punch recently but I didn't think to try it out on any treasure demons yet. Glad to know it can work

Correct. I've used rebellion -> miracle punch for a crit. It's worked I think ~3 times that I've done it.

Awesome! :)

vypek

With just miracle punch I think I'm 1/2. Doing rebellion before I'm 3/3.

Not sure if I have rebellion yet so I'll have to double check. If its a skill that was forgotten I guess I can go get it back :) I'm assuming rebellion is a skill that increases critical rate?

Not sure if I have rebellion yet so I'll have to double check. If its a skill that was forgotten I guess I can go get it back :) I'm assuming rebellion is a skill that increases critical rate?

Rebellion is an active buff so MC can drop it on Morgana.

Though you need a really fast Persona to act before Morgana.

duckroll

WOW. This really isn't my night. A good hint that I should stop before it gets worse. Lost another 30 mins of progress. About 2 levels for the entire party, a great haul of 3 new Personas, got the Treasure Demon, got a bunch of treasure, almost got to the end of the House of Darkness. All... gone... like tears in the rain.

Yes, it was Evil Smile -> Ghastly Wail... AGAIN! I was feeling cocky. :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What would be the drinks for this one?

tumblr_m050k4WU7y1qa5lyzo1_1280.jpg

Opa-Pa

WOW. This really isn't my night. A good hint that I should stop before it gets worse. Lost another 30 mins of progress. About 2 levels for the entire party, a great haul of 3 new Personas, got the Treasure Demon, got a bunch of treasure, almost got to the end of the House of Darkness. All... gone... like tears in the rain.

Yeah Palace 6 was the first time I saw myself losing multiple times... Skadi is merciless.

CSX

for that part, i equipped Makoto with resist fear charm so that she can energy shower everyone else inflicted with fear lol

[Fortune Arcana]

Just unlocked
Affinity
Reading, some questions:

1. Let's say I need 2 points more to rank up with someone (so I need to hang out with him/her first), if I used Affinity Reading will it possible to rank up at the same day?
2. Does bringing Persona from the target's arcana raised the increase?

Thanks!

duckroll

[Fortune Arcana]

Just unlocked
Affinity
Reading, some questions:

1. Let's say I need 2 points more to rank up with someone (so I need to hang out with him/her first), if I used Affinity Reading will it possible to rank up at the same day?
2. Does bringing Persona from the target's arcana raised the increase?

Thanks!

1. If you get enough boost from the reading, yes.
2. No.

1. If you get enough boost from the reading, yes.
2. No.

It seems like an
Affinity Reading
with a
matching arcana gives 2 points (hangouts w/ match give 3)
, but there's a lot of links that only need
2 extra
with the correct responses.
Chihaya tells you if it's enough though, she says something like you're friendship may deepen even more now.

duckroll

It seems like an Affinity Reading with a matching arcana gives 2 points (hangouts w/ match give 3), but there's a lot of links that only need 2 extra with the correct responses. Chihaya tells you if it's enough though, she says something like you're friendship may deepen even more now.

Are you sure having a Persona of that Arcana matters at all for Affinity Readings? Nothing seems to suggest such. The game usually prompts you if it helps right?

Kindekuma

Banned
11/28

Just now got Haru to rank 3 in her S.Link. Goddamn it why introduce her so late in the story and then have a Rank 5 social stat requirement to boot to even start it? I'm juggling all these other S.Links and she took a total back seat.

Ferrio

Banned
Late November spoilers:

So now I'm waiting for the calling card date. I had figured that the whole getting caught was a plan from the beginning to get close to Sae. Looks like that seems to be the case, can't wait for it to go down. I'm hoping I have enough time to get Haru leveled up enough for battle. Really wanted to use her in Palace 6, but she would bring me down too much compared to my others that are maxed.

And finished. 105 hours in.

What a game. Spent a lot of time wondering whether I like it more than the others, but the gameplay improvements alone kind of decided that for me after giving P4G a quick go a while back. It's hardly a rough game, but it feels so clunky in comparison.

Now, it's time to do the only sensible thing and play something el--nah, New Game plus straight away. I'm going for the plat. Need to play games, read books, get stuff from the vending machines, max confidant links, fuse some persona and beat things up. Seems straightforward, will I need a guide, do you think?

And finished. 105 hours in.

What a game. Spent a lot of time wondering whether I like it more than the others, but the gameplay improvements alone kind of decided that for me after giving P4G a quick go a while back. It's hardly a rough game, but it feels so clunky in comparison.

Now, it's time to do the only sensible thing and play something el--nah, New Game plus straight away. I'm going for the plat. Need to play games, read books, get stuff from the vending machines, max confidant links, fuse some persona and beat things up. Seems straightforward, will I need a guide, do you think?
I did the same thing as you (went straight to NG+) and so far the only trophy I need is vending machines, video games, and a home run. The confidant is really easy without a guide because of max stats. Although I could've been more efficient since I've read that you can have a month of free time if done proficiently. I need to max Shinya (rank 8) and I have 15 days left. You got this.

Finally maxed Guts in mid October, the last social stat I had to max. It lagged pretty hard; everything else was maxed a month ago.

I think luck readings really do help a lot with social stat gains, even though it usually doesn't seem that way.

They do. You get +50% gains to the selected stat for the rest of the day (though you may get a little bit less because the final half point gets rounded down on some activities , for social stats notes != Points (they are related but 1/2/3 notes each represent a range of point), you always get at least one point of improvement. The readings are great.

Are you sure having a Persona of that Arcana matters at all for Affinity Readings? Nothing seems to suggest such. The game usually prompts you if it helps right?

Don't know as I was never in a situation to do a fortune telling without a match, it's possible it's just a flat +2 no matter what.

I believe when the game explains Chihaya's skill the first time you go for an affinity reading, it says you will gain more if you have a persona with the correct arcana, but I could be wrong about that. Check the tutorials in the System menu, maybe? Should say there.

Does anyone have a list of Coffee and Curry trivia Sojiro gives you? Was making curry for the first time and was extremely amused Sojiro's voice came out of nowhere to chime in on Curry trivia.

Recall

I've never ranked up Sojiro. It just never goes up so I stopped wasting my time. I think he is sat at rank 3 for me and has for eons.

Guess Who

Banned
Does anyone have a list of Coffee and Curry trivia Sojiro gives you? Was making curry for the first time and was extremely amused Sojiro's voice came out of nowhere to chime in on Curry trivia.

the great thing is, it's the same VA who provided the drink trivia in Catherine

Tiops

Spoilers 11/21

Funny how being spoiled on Twitter during the "streaming fiasco" made the plot twist actually more effective to me. I was spoiled that Akechi would betray the team and shoot you in the bad ending. Of course, the game really doesn't hide the fact that Akechi is a piece of shit, so it's not really a plot twist when the game reveals it to you, but I was watching those scenes saying "whoa, this Bad Ending is amazing, look how much detail they put into it", can't wait to see how the story progress, and then it was a plan all along and I was on the way to the true ending :D . That got me good. So, thanks spoiler asshole, you actually made the twist better, idiot.

Also, their plan is so good that's it actually kinda unbelievable that they would come up with it, but I guess having Futaba and Makoto in the team makes that possible.

Recall

I just maxed it today. You're missing out on one of the best ones.

Every time I talk to him it just says it won't go up, so I do it anyway and just get a single note. Same every time, there never seems to be a day where it goes "up" unless I just miss them.

A guide will definitely help if you want to maximize your time and complete everything from all confidants to things like books and games.

If you have your social stats maxed out then nah I don't think you need a guide.

Just keep some of the evening social links ranked up at the same pace since they all give mementos missions around the same rank.

I did the same thing as you (went straight to NG+) and so far the only trophy I need is vending machines, video games, and a home run. The confidant is really easy without a guide because of max stats. Although I could've been more efficient since I've read that you can have a month of free time if done proficiently. I need to max Shinya (rank 8) and I have 15 days left. You got this.

Gotcha. Thanks for the responses. I'll just have to make sure to keep the right Persona around for boosting and use a guide to get the best responses out of people. And money. Lots of money for Chihaya.

Hopefully I remembered to register Yoshitsune with Hassou Tobi, and not the two levels below when I got him. The game will be a breeze in either case, but I did grinding for that, hope I remembered.

the great thing is, it's the same VA who provided the drink trivia in Catherine

Oh god, I knew it was familiar. That's a load off.

Top Bottom