• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How. The hell. Is Lucifer. SOOOOOO SHITTY?

I spent hours fusing all the necessary Personas to make him since I viewed him as the
"Ultimate" Persona and wanted to go into the final battle with him but then when I finally get there, I learn--apart from totally non-exceptional stats for a Persona of that level--he is weak to Light (which tons of enemies in the endgame use) and doesn't have a single resistance of any kind. Even Arsene was strong against something!

How can they expect you to be satisfied fusing a Persona that is more handicapped than the six Personas you used to make it? It's mind-boggling.

I've already played for 154 hours and I'm salty that the last 10 of that was spent grinding here right before the final boss for the sake of making a Persona that totally sucks.

Lol Lucifer has never been that great bruh, even in previous games. It's all about Yoshitsune :p

He is more useful as a template for fusion or if you itemize him, not as a Persona :p

PK Gaming

How. The hell. Is Lucifer. SOOOOOO SHITTY?

I spent hours fusing all the necessary Personas to make him since I viewed him as the
"Ultimate" Persona and wanted to go into the final battle with him but then when I finally get there, I learn--apart from totally non-exceptional stats for a Persona of that level--he is weak to Light (which tons of enemies in the endgame use) and doesn't have a single resistance of any kind. Even Arsene was strong against something!

How can they expect you to be satisfied fusing a Persona that is more handicapped than the six Personas you used to make it? It's mind-boggling.

I've already played for 154 hours and I'm salty that the last 10 of that was spent grinding here right before the final boss for the sake of making a Persona that totally sucks.

The Good news: You can detain Persona's in Caroline's prison to have them learn skills that erase their weakness.

The Bad news: It takes a couple of days to activate.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
IIRC in P4 Lucifer was also the only way to get victory cry outside of a fusion bonus skill swap day resetting over and over, or the NG+ persona.

But he doesn't have it in P5, which, combined with his 'moreso than not average' stats and few other benefits lowers him a good bit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Good news: You can detain Persona's in Caroline's prison to have them learn skills that erase their weakness.

Well, it only takes 1 day if you have Strength and the associated arcana of the Persona at 10. Though this is 1 day of "free time"--apparently the days where you can do nothing but save at your room does not count.

Also, sometimes the game gave you some random skills instead. I got Evade Wind for my Arsene using this, lol, though another jailing session gives me Null Ice (already got Null Bless from a previous jailing session)

Astral

IIRC in P4 Lucifer was also the only way to get victory cry outside of a fusion bonus skill swap day resetting over and over, or the NG+ persona.

But he doesn't have it in P5, which, combined with his 'moreso than not average' stats and few other benefits lowers him a good bit.

Wow he doesn't have it? What the hell is the point of him? Who has Victory Cry this time?

And can someone post the link to that guide that lets you max out all Confidants in one playthrough? I'm on NG+ so it should be way easier now but I'd still like it just in case.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Wow he doesn't have it? What the hell is the point of him? Who has Victory Cry this time?

And can someone post the link to that guide that lets you max out all Confidants in one playthrough? I'm on NG+ so it should be way easier now but I'd still like it just in case.

Satanael.

Also, you really don't need that guide in NG+, if anything it will screw you over because in NG+ you get extra points for faster Confidant level ups so even if you follow that guide to a T at some point there will be a major difference in what the guide tells you and the state of your Confidant.

Not to mention the guide doesn't count on your ability to have Kawakami's massage service or Chihaya's affection fortune even if you have them only at 1 (assuming you completed their confidant in your previous playthrough), so you will actually be giving yourself a disadvantage if you follow it.

Satanael.

Also, you really don't need that guide in NG+, if anything it will screw you over because in NG+ you get extra points for faster Confidant level ups so even if you follow that guide to a T at some point there will be a major difference in what the guide tells you and the state of your Confidant.

Not to mention the guide doesn't count on your ability to have Kawakami's massage service or Chihaya's affection fortune even if you have them only at 1 (assuming you completed their confidant in your previous playthrough), so you will actually be giving yourself a disadvantage if you follow it.

+1, you absolutely do not need a guide for NG+ if you just want to max all confidants, assuming you didn't completely fuck up your social stats the first time around. I entered NG+ with all stats at 5 except Guts, and I worried for a while about whether I'd be able to do all confidants, books and video games in one run or if I'd need a third playthrough. I'm now in early December and all I do is go to the gym and Mementos because I have literally run out of other productive things to do--all books read, all video games played, all confidants maxed, got the baseball and fishing trophies, etc.

Also: I guess I'm going to find out how deep the gym rabbit hole goes. The initial HP/SP gain is really small, even with protein, but as you get better at exercising your gains go up as well.

Alright so how am I supposed to be making millions in Mementos at end game?

Confuse trick. Basically (mechanics spoilers only)
certain Mementos request bosses are susceptible to confuse, and have a chance to throw money at you while confused. If you hit them with confuse while having a high luck persona equipped, you can rake in the cash without doing much of anything at all.
I just spent an hour or so doing this for the final push in NG+ to finish my compendium, and I made 3 million yen.

Jiraiza

And fin.

Qoumf6o.png

Achieved my goal of maxing all stats, confidants, and turning Arsene into The Almighty.

All in all, a very good first playthrough. I'll probably put this aside and come back to it later to check out whatever is new in NG+ and trophies. Maybe I'll write some thoughts later, but the game's definitely somewhere between 9/10 and 10/10 for me. Good stuff.

Now for the big question... Persona 6 when? Preferably with a female protagonist this time.

So there's really no big prize for maxing out all Confidants in the game besides a trophy?

Well, and having all of the ultimate Personas at your disposal

The Whims of Fate is an underrated track, seriously. It even fulfills Duckroll's Lady Gaga wish by sounding like her song "Disco Heaven".

Some SMT / Persona games give certain persona bonus stat points in those games Lucifer tends to get an utterly unfair amount, in P5 all persona of the same level have the same stat total and since the game tends to stick to fairly balanced stats , high level persona aren't great unless they have unique skills or good resistances.

It is a bit odd to see Lucifer with no resistances and a weakness though since he often resists everything and has a hidden ability that halves all damage too.

He's pretty disappointing in this , though I imagine he still gets Morning Star which is nice but it's probably really hard to have the Mag and Agi to make or good.

Which of the Confidants automatically rank up every time you hang out with them?

I know
Mishima and Yoshida
do, but does anyone else?

Strength also automatically ranks up and doesn't require time since it's request based but that's it. Though some links don't require many hangouts if you carry matching arcana and pick the best responses especially once you get the Affinity Reading which can almost eliminate hangouts if you're careful.

Well before it let you
fuse Orpheus Telos and Izanagi-no-Okami so at first I thought it'd be the same with Satanael.
Apparently that's not the case. It's not a bad thing though.

Satanael
is new game plus (bad end NG+ doesn't count) in this rather than max SL though you do need to max Moon and Star at least once to unlock components he needs.

ramyeon

Well before it let you
fuse Orpheus Telos and Izanagi-no-Okami so at first I thought it'd be the same with Satanael.
Apparently that's not the case. It's not a bad thing though.
Orpheus Telos and Izanagi-no-Okami were both from beating the game and getting the True Endings.

Edit: My bad, apparently Orpheus Telos was S Links.

Strength also automatically ranks up and doesn't require time since it's request based but that's it. Though some links don't require many hangouts if you carry matching arcana and pick the best responses especially once you get the Affinity Reading which can almost eliminate hangouts if you're careful.
Dang. I'm in the home stretch, and I'm in panic mode trying to max out as many leftover confidants as possible.

PK Gaming

Some SMT / Persona games give certain persona bonus stat points in those games Lucifer tends to get an utterly unfair amount, in P5 all persona of the same level have the same stat total and since the game tends to stick to fairly balanced stats , high level persona aren't great unless they have unique skills or good resistances.

It is a bit odd to see Lucifer with no resistances and a weakness though since he often resists everything and has a hidden ability that halves all damage too.

He's pretty disappointing in this , though I imagine he still gets Morning Star which is nice but it's probably really hard to have the Mag and Agi to make or good.

High level Persona stats were overly balanced in Persona 3 /Persona 4 as well. But yeah, his resistances sucking in P5 is a bummer (he picks Absorb Phys at level 99...lol), but on the bright side, he's still ridiculously strong offensively, and Spell Master should mitigate Morning Star's expensive cost. The main thing is sacrificing Persona's to boost his level.

Hylian7

Final dungeon question:
Is there really only one safe room? I had been looking forever since I had trouble getting to it, and finally found it.
I did the "How's our progress?" and Morgana said we were halfway. If this safe room really was halfway, then maybe it is a fairly short dungeon.

Totally called it that the answer would be Mementos when they saw people's minds weren't changing about Shido.

You are kidding me right? There's no save room that I've seen and I feel like I was just at the end of the section but then I got smoked by the last regular shadow before the door out of the place. It's infuriating that I have to do the 2nd mini boss
Former Noble on the Pool Deck
again and then start that ENTIRE section over again.

Those puzzles are what make the last palace the worst. You thought the first time is bad, wait until you have to do it 3 more times and everytime the place get significantly bigger. What a fcking pain in the ass.

Kindekuma

Banned
I killed Reaper twice and gained like 12 levels. Whoops. I seriously did not consider how much EXP that gives.
At least I can get Black Frost now, hee ho.

Anyway, final palace time. Holy shit at that plot before this all happened. Like, dude, holy shit.

Well, and having all of the ultimate Personas at your disposal

The Whims of Fate is an underrated track, seriously. It even fulfills Duckroll's Lady Gaga wish by sounding like her song "Disco Heaven".

Is Whims of Fate not popular? I've had it on repeat since I first heard it.

The only thing that really bugs me about it is that
it doesn't really have anything to do with Sae herself, but that was kind of a problem with the Palace as a whole. I only just finished that Palace, though, so maybe more information will come to light that makes sense of it.

Mementos stationary spoiler.
how are you supposed to defeat the reaper legitimately? All my damage did nothing to him, and one attack from him trained everyone to have health.

Akainu

I've no problem with fanservice but ann's twisted spine is where i draw the line. When will i get my next playable character?

And what with these pronunciations? They were seriously told to do this? Why?

Only if you really like them. They're pretty overpowered though, so keep that in mind.

I'm assuming you can use them from the beginning irrespective of them being much higher lvl than you?
That does seem OP. I'll probably buy only Izanagi and Kaguya because they are lower lvl, I don't want to break the game on the first run.

duckroll

I'm assuming you can use them from the beginning irrespective of them being much higher lvl than you?
That does seem OP. I'll probably buy only Izanagi and Kaguya because they are lower lvl, I don't want to break the game on the first run.

Kaguya is probably the most broken of the lot. Between Shining Arrows as one of the best light attacks in the entire game, and her Mediarama + Divine Grace, and her Repel Physical... Yeah.

batfax

Mementos stationary spoiler.
how are you supposed to defeat the reaper legitimately? All my damage did nothing to him, and one attack from him trained everyone to have health.

Buffs and debuffs go a long way and he doesn't have a lot of health, really. Even each party member doing a paltry 40-50 damage will wear him down. If you want, attack items that do a static amount of damage can speed things up. Just make sure you have something to negate BS insta-kill light/dark attacks.

I also found that if you try to be smart with makarakarn he just goes into a simple pattern of concentrate, megidolaon. It's survivable, and an easy way to make him super predictable, but if you're struggling as-is... well, don't try that.

Necro900

I've just got new headphones, and I've decided to give a listen to the soundtrack bundled with the take your heart edition for the first time and.. WOW. A whole new world opened to me! Those bass lines are monumental, to say the least. Groovy and tasty as fuck. And the strings sections? Man, the strings.

I don't have a dedicated audio solution for the TV, so I now realize how much I was missing by only appreciating the OST while gaming.

My only complaint now is that there should be MOAR OF THISSS

Bladenic

Oh so to make money you gotta use a boss? I just took the last one on 12/8 before asking (other than palace 7 post request but it won't be flu season :/ ). Oh well, I have a save before that.

lawtowler

This is my first Persona game proper (I dabbled in P4G but was too in to Destiny to get in to it properly) and WOW - what an experience. This reminds me of when I first tried Bloodborne (my first Souls-esque game). I feel like this has opened up a completely new gaming experience and I'm addicted to it. The characters, the setting, the OST, its so stylish! This makes turn-based battles cool again!

Bit overwhelmed by the length and by the prospect of maxing out stats and social links though. I feel like I'm not using my time as cleverly as possible and that I'll be punished for it later.

Currently 37 hours in, sent the calling card in Palace 3.

I'm glad I got my other games out of the way before playing this so I can focus solely on P5 until Destiny 2 now.

Top Bottom