• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Recall

Palace 5 is lame.

I get to the safe room at
the first airlock, morgana says the treasure is close

Look online to see how much is left and there is fucking loads. It never ends.

ys45

So I literally saved right before last boss yesterday (damn you work!).

Hahah I really enjoyed the twist about (close to the end spoiler)
Igor being help prisoner by the the Holy Grail/evil god when I started the game I was like oh they changed the voice of Igor I'm gonna miss his other voice because I had gotten used to it and BAM there was a reason all along lol

So tonight I will see the conclusion to this great game.

Bladenic

One thing they need to fix for the rerelease: please stop showing the social stats animation once you've maxed them. Just say "oh you got better at this" but don't show me that damn animation anymore.

Zafir

Palace 5 is lame.

I get to the safe room at
the first airlock, morgana says the treasure is close

Look online to see how much is left and there is fucking loads. It never ends.
Airlock puzzle is like at the 3/4 point, it's pretty far in.

You get a pretty accurate indicator by talking to the group in the safe room. Even in 5.

Palace 5 is really bad for them constantly saying the treasure is just through that door though. It just pours salt in the wound.

Wireframe

I just hit November at 70 hrs and this game is really starting to drag now. I don't even think I'm having fun just want to get to the end.

ramyeon

And I'm done. What a game. Probably GOTY for me and that's saying a lot this year.

Had a huge grin on my face during the ending.

Recall

Airlock puzzle is like at the 3/4 point, it's pretty far in.

You get a pretty accurate indicator by talking to the group in the safe room. Even in 5.

Palace 5 is really bad for them constantly saying the treasure is just through that door though. It just pours salt in the wound.

Great to hear I'm closer than I realised. Trying to do this in a single in game day and it seems I'm going to pull it off....maybe..

And here I go. I'm near the end game. Getting towards the end game. Ready for the end game.
It's probably not the end game.

So, the question from here is, I'm level 74. Do I grind five more levels in order to fuse Yoshitsune for use in an end game plus (unable to get it at an earlier level), or do I just move on and wait until NG+?

Decisions, decisions.

I'm sure this has been asked before, so apologies if this has been answered a bunch of times.

Is there a way to see your progress on the social stats? It's a pain not knowing how far away I am from leveling up, especially when they are tied into the confidant progression.

It's literally the only thing about the game that annoys me. Everything else is GOAT.

duckroll

I'm sure this has been asked before, so apologies if this has been answered a bunch of times.

Is there a way to see your progress on the social stats? It's a pain not knowing how far away I am from leveling up, especially when they are tied into the confidant progression.

It's literally the only thing about the game that annoys me. Everything else is GOAT.

Menu, Stats, MC, Left D-pad.

Andrin

Spoilers for late autumn:
So I beat palace no. 5 the other day and am about to start on palace 6 soon. So far I've been fairly consistent in predicting what is about to happen next. They pretty much shoved a sign in your face that you're being set up for a fall before palace 5, but I still guessed that Okumura was going to get assassinated as soon as they got rid of the principal.
My guess right now is that you never left palace 6 during the prologue, and that all of the flash forwards take place in the police HQ in Sae's Palace. You're either interrogated by Sae herself after she was somehow dragged into the Metaverse, or by her Shadow in disguise. It's the only thing that makes sense after they introduced the fact that palace 6 belongs to her. How far off from the truth am I so far?

LiK

Thank you! I'm not at home to try this out, but does it actually show you how many more points you need to level up? I feel like I've been going after Guts and Charm forever now and am stuck at level 3.

Doesn't show that, iirc. But if you wanna farm those, the easiest with Charm is to do
Ohya
SLink. For Guts, you can do the Burger Challenge.

Delivered the calling card for Palace 7, and didn't even get the option that evening to craft lockpicks for those three locked chests? Just fast-forwarded to the palace. Gah!

Anything good in those three chests worth me falling back to my previous save?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kaguya is probably the most broken of the lot. Between Shining Arrows as one of the best light attacks in the entire game, and her Mediarama + Divine Grace, and her Repel Physical... Yeah.

Kaguya was also pretty good in P4G as well so... not surprising lulz.

sasliquid

Nearing the end and getting that empty feeling that I'm gonna miss my wacky adventures with the crew ;_; on dungeon
so I think I only have 1 left after that?

Can someone say what carrys over for NG+? Same as P4? I.e. Money and social stats, nothing like finished books/games? I assume I have to do those in one play through for the trophy

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There is no report (for the lost item) so you should fill one out? Report as in police report? Yeah Atlus needs to step the fuck up with localization. Even if I'm not noticing as much late game, it's terrible. Persona 3 and 4 were better in that area. The saving grace is the VA.

Is this when (3rd dungeon-ish spoilers)
Makoto asks you to come to the student council office? If so I think the context is supposed to be that Makoto made up a fake excuse - you looking for a lost & found item - to call you to the student council room.

This seems fine to me. No report has been filed so she's asking you to do so. I'm sure it would make even more sense in context.

What dont you understand about it?

Sorry for replying so late.

I failed to relay that I understood the context behind what was happening, but the sentence itself didn't make any sense.

It would make more sense to say "Makoto said you need to come to the Student Council room to fill out a form for your lost item".

Hylian7

Justice confidant:
They're going to reveal whatever Sae Niijima's level 10 benefit while it's still useful to me, right? Riiiiight? Or is it just purely a story thing?

Recall

Palace 5 boss done and done.

What was my own personal hurdle has been cleared so now I'm looking forward to the latter portion of the game.

Zaru

Delivered the calling card for Palace 7, and didn't even get the option that evening to craft lockpicks for those three locked chests? Just fast-forwarded to the palace. Gah!

Anything good in those three chests worth me falling back to my previous save?

At that point you should really have the eternal lockpick already

Alright, so, the "grind" as it were for Yoshitsune really wasn't. Managed to level up a bunch of the DLC Persona while at it, and I've beefed up my compendium a fair bit. Downside is that Yosh is a couple of levels below Hassou Tobi because I hadn't maxed the Tower confidant. So that'd be more grinding.

What're the recommended skills you'd have on Yosh? I take it Thunder Reign would be out of the equation. So far I've got Brave Blade, Ziodyne, Charge, Heat Rider, Apt Pupil, Ali Dance, Elec Amp and Regen 3, the latter of which will likely be replaced by Hassou Tobi anyway. Worth sticking with the Elec boosts, or should I get rid for more passive skills? Arms Master is definitely something I'll need...in NG+

End game stuff:

So after beating Shido and escaping his ship I now have to deal with going through the momentous lower level. The game has really overstayed its welcome. This just seems overly long and such a chore to go through. Not really a fan of how the area looks aesthetically either.
I really like the story and most of the characters, but the game really suffers from being this long and repetitive. I'd say a 60hrs would have been the sweet spot. I'm like 98hrs in and still need a bit more to finish it.

Justice confidant:
They're going to reveal whatever Sae Niijima's level 10 benefit while it's still useful to me, right? Riiiiight? Or is it just purely a story thing?

Her level 10 benefit actually DOES exist:
It's the good ending. You can't max her out if you mess up the requirements for the good ending. Edit: At least I couldn't when I went for the bad ending.

PInk Tape

Banned
I accidentally got the
Passionate Listener
trophy while in the final palace. I wasn't even aiming to get it so I was surprised that I did, lol.

And charge on Ann is so OP. I hit one of the bosses with 1110 damage :eek:

LiK

I accidentally got the
Passionate Listener
trophy while in the final palace. I wasn't even aiming to get it so I was surprised that I did, lol.

And charge on Ann is so OP. I hit one of the bosses with 1110 damage :eek:

Once she gets Charge, she can destroy everyone that isn't immune to fire. So good.

Lunar15

I'm in the 7th palace and while it's long, I'm taking my dear, sweet time. I desperately do not want this game to end, even though I know there's still more to go after this.

Also, it's actually somewhat laughable how easy it is to max confidants in the latter half of this game. Had I simply paid more attention early on, I totally could have maxed all of them. I went from only having 4 or 5 confidants to having everything but Devil, Fortune, Empress, and Hanged Man maxed.

Nasser

I'm on the last palace and only have 51% of all Personas registered. I've been collecting and fusing like crazy but still I clearly still have a long way to go. Maybe i'll able to get them all on my second run

Recall

Kindness is still a challenge to level up, thought I would have hit it by now with using the cinema, video games, watering plant and the steak at the diner.

Still only at level 3

Sorry Futaba

Weebos

Banned
Just ran through Palace 5 on NG+. It is much shorter than I remembered. Maybe because I didn't play through it all in the same (real world) night this time. I enjoyed it much more the second time through.

Kindness is still a challenge to level up, thought I would have hit it by now with using the cinema, video games, watering plant and the steak at the diner.

Still only at level 3

Sorry Futaba

Tower confidant also increases Kindness.

LiK

Still only at level 3

Sorry Futaba

Work in the flower shop and feed your plant.

End game stuff:

So after beating Shido and escaping his ship I now have to deal with going through the momentous lower level. The game has really overstayed its welcome. This just seems overly long and such a chore to go through. Not really a fan of how the area looks aesthetically either.
I really like the story and most of the characters, but the game really suffers from being this long and repetitive. I'd say a 60hrs would have been the sweet spot. I'm like 98hrs in and still need a bit more to finish it.

shido's an extremely cartoonish, disappointing villain, & the final memento dungeon is hands-down the ugliest in the whole game (which is an accomplishment, as there're a few ugly ones). i'd never really been all that vested in the game's so-called 'story', & this last stretch you're in really exacerbated what'd already become, for me, an overly drawn-out, anticlimactic meander through maudlinville :) ...

PInk Tape

Banned

Still only at level 3

Sorry Futaba

Progressing Sojiro's SL will give you kindness as well but the catch is it's only at certain ranks :/

You mentioned using the cinema but have you rented DVDs?

I love fusing endgame personas into crazy beasts. Too bad you hardly ever get to use them in actual difficult battles.

I've grown really attached to my Thor/Black Frost/Throne combo. These three have basically wrecked through the endgame for me.

Astral

Yoshitsune just breaks the game as always. I can barely enjoy my DLC battle themes. Will even the secret boss or Reaper be a challenge with him?

While I'm thinking of it does anyone have a list for where / when the various Memento targets who show up in Tokyo appear before and after you do their requests ? I'd like to try talking to them.

Balphon

Finally maxed Guts in mid October, the last social stat I had to max. It lagged pretty hard; everything else was maxed a month ago.

I think luck readings really do help a lot with social stat gains, even though it usually doesn't seem that way.

Philippo

Only missing the last Palace Treasure, when is the right time to send it? Since it's the last one i don't want to do it early and maybe the game skips to the ending making me lose the remaining free days.
Plus i'v hear a
final Memento request
is avaible only after you beat it.
What to do?

Also
Loki
is fucking dope.

duckroll

Damn I've died twice in Palace 6 so far. Just got hit with a Fear -> Ghastly Wail follow-up. LOL. Fun times. The first time I died was getting ambushed by a Valkyrie and I killed all the other mobs, then I decided it would be a GREAT idea for Joker to melee the last Valkyrie. Got countered to death. R I P. That was a really painful defeat too because I lost a run where I managed to capture the Treasure Demon because of a lucky Position Hack. Since then I haven't been able to down the Treasure Demon again normally. >_<

Zolo

Damn I've died twice in Palace 6 so far. Just got hit with a Fear -> Ghastly Wail follow-up. LOL. Fun times. The first time I died was getting ambushed by a Valkyrie and I killed all the other mobs, then I decided it would be a GREAT idea for Joker to melee the last Valkyrie. Got countered to death. R I P. That was a really painful defeat too because I lost a run where I managed to capture the Treasure Demon because of a lucky Position Hack. Since then I haven't been able to down the Treasure Demon again normally. >_<

Do you have the special move for the gun you can get from the Tower Confidant that downs an enemy?

PK Gaming

You can use Shinya's first gun ability to instantly down a Treasure Demon. Also I think you should have a Null Fear accessory at this point, though i'm not 100% sure on that.

Top Bottom