• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Jiraiza

Can you make Arsene really powerful like you can Izanagi in P4G?

Os2sxra.jpg

If this isn't powerful, then I don't know what else is. You can build Arsene physically, but he doesn't inherit any physical skills through the Gallows, so it's more annoying to do.

Astral

If this isn't powerful, then I don't know what else is. You can build Arsene physically, but he doesn't inherit any physical skills through the Gallows, so it's more annoying to do.

Holy shit that magic stat. I'm gonna need some serious money then if I wanna make him. I'm still only in the beginning of NG+ so everything is gonna be extremely expensive.

Jiraiza

Holy shit that magic stat. I'm gonna need some serious money then if I wanna make him. I'm still only in the beginning of NG+ so everything is gonna be extremely expensive.

I would expect to use about 6-8 million on Arsene alone. If you want to tune him more precisely, you should level him one level at a time since it gives you more control over what stats you want to build. Try not to waste any points beyond 89 since Crystal Skull/Roland Medal (Accessory) and God of Destruction (Gun) will give you the extra 10 points you need to hit the 99 limit.

i'm having fun with my no effort arsene in ng+. i'm just feeding him stuff i don't need and he seems happy. the only useful skill i gave him is amrita shower early on because ailments is the only thing i fear in this game.

Curufinwe

Yeah his requires too much time though to level up, feel like I'm stuck @ 4 with him.

I'm at 9/4, just got all social stats to 4 but Priestess locks without 5 Charm, am I f'ed or what?

If you're fucked, I'm extra fucked because I'm at 8/28 and only have Knowledge up to 4. Everything else is 3.

Ferrio

Banned
I haven't delved into bumping up Persona's stats, is there some system where you gain certain stats based on what you sacrifice? Or are all Persona's stat increases set in stone per level?

pixxxelz

How hard is it to get all those abilities from network fusion? (I have almighty amp so I'm only missing boost and magic ability) I want to make something like this but with either pixie or jack frost.

Astral

How hard is it to get all those abilities from network fusion? (I have almighty amp so I'm only missing boost and magic ability) I want to make something like this but with either pixie or jack frost.

An OP Pixie would be so good just for the Nocturne nostalgia.

I think there's actually a couple of other Network only Abilities just that they are far less useful.

Opa-Pa

I haven't delved into bumping up Persona's stats, is there some system where you gain certain stats based on what you sacrifice? Or are all Persona's stat increases set in stone per level?

I'm not sure if how much you gain per stat depends on the persona sacrificed, but you can more or less control which stats you gain per sacrifice by canceling it and trying again until the stat you want is highlighted.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm not sure if how much you gain per stat depends on the persona sacrificed, but you can more or less control which stats you gain per sacrifice by canceling it and trying again until the stat you want is highlighted.

Oh it's random what stats get picked, gotcha. Never noticed that, wish I had like 6 palaces earlier.

Dave1988

Not exactly, no. You can sorta control your stat growth via Gallows as each time you select a Persona to be sacrificed, the stats that will be improved on a level up change. The stat selection is random so it doesn't matter which Persona you sacrifice.

Kenaras

His Confidant is locked at a certain point until late
August
, the game just doesn't really tell you that.

Yeah, this. It's kind of bullshit; I wasted a lot of time trying to rank up and didn't understand why it was stuck. Once it does rank up it's pretty clear that it was locked before. (The next scene involves plot points from the main story that wouldn't have happened yet.)

Balphon

Yeah his requires too much time though to level up, feel like I'm stuck @ 4 with him.

I'm at 9/4, just got all social stats to 4 but Priestess locks without 5 Charm, am I f'ed or what?

You can prioritize charm for the time being. Devil and Sun rank ups are generally the best source for it. Also helps to always do a luck reading for the stat you're going to get points in that way.

Every social stat has one confidant requiring rank 5. Charm is just the one you're most likely to hit first.

Curufinwe

Yeah, this. It's kind of bullshit; I wasted a lot of time trying to rank up and didn't understand why it was stuck. Once it does rank up it's pretty clear that it was locked before. (The next scene involves plot points from the main story that wouldn't have happened yet.)

I think maybe the points stack cause I just got to late August and it let me rank up with him multiple times in a row after that.

Zesh

Hmm, this wasn't my experience. Once I got him to rank 4, it would say that I need to wait for Sojiro to work out his issues before I can continue building my relationship with him. It didn't let me hang out with him at all.

Are you sure you had him at rank 4? Keep in mind that it takes a lot of hang-outs/coffee making to get him to rank 3 and rank 4, and you need to have made coffee at least once as well (though the game doesn't really tell you this).

There's definitely other Network Abilities, I just got Soul Chain which is more or less useless but isn't otherwise available.

Which probably means all unavailable skills can happen but only Magic Ability, Almighty Amp, Soul Chain , Repel Wind, Repel Psy , Repel Bless and Absorb Elec would be useful. And Almighty Boost if you don't have the Messiah DLC of course. Of those the Repels and Absorb may not be available but I'll be doing a lot of scummong to get Almighty Amp and Magic Ability so I'll soon find out.

The others are Resist and Null Skills that woukd come from Lockdown / Isolation respectively and Resist Rage / Null Confuse which are absolutely inferior to Unshaken Will unless you want to Null Confuse but not Rage for some reason I can't even begin to fathom.

Recall

So what days does the Tower Confidant spawn or where?

I need to locate him as I've just begun the
Winners don't use cheats, and I've already faced the shadow who dodged everything. I went to both arcades after getting a massage and he wasn't there :/

Edit- nevermind had to wait to the next full day

So what days does the Tower Confidant spawn or where?

I need to locate him as I've just begun the
Winners don't use cheats, and I've already faced the shadow who dodged everything. I went to both arcades after getting a massage and he wasn't there :/

You need to talk to the people in
Shibuya Arcade, then go to Akihabara Arcade during the day, should be obvious after that.

End game question

I just finished the 7th palace, I'm waiting on the ballot count. This is pretty much my first Persona game, so I don't know what carries into new game+ and I'm afraid to google and get spoiled on other things.
Should I spend all my cash on fusing/filling out the demon encyclopedia or buy the best gear from Iwai?

Guess Who

Banned
End game question

I just finished the 7th palace, I'm waiting on the ballot count. This is pretty much my first Persona game, so I don't know what carries into new game+ and I'm afraid to google and get spoiled on other things.
Should I spend all my cash on fusing/filling out the demon encyclopedia or buy the best gear from Iwai?

Social stats, cash, the Persona compendium, and equipment (but not items) all carry over to NG+. That said, I wouldn't be worried about having all that filled out immediately quite yet.

End game question

Non-consumable equipment and money carries over (as does 1 type of consumable that you don't receive 1 of until after the last time you can use them anyway and the Itemization items). Story related key items don't apart from ones that obviously do (the ones that unlock Persona and benefits in NG+).

The compendium carries over too. Carried Persona do not.

S-Links reset, so does your level.

The world resets too, so shop inventory and area access goes back to what it was at the beginning and unlocks normally again as do make velvet room functions.

Social stats carry over.

I've been wondering why the crane game song was so familiar for weeks now and just randomly realized it's the Junes theme while I was doing something completely unrelated.

mrmickfran

Playing on NG+ right now, and noticed that Ryuji is drastically different early on than he is in September.

Early on, he was vulgar and loud, but his head was in the right place.

In September, he was an asshole just for the sake of it.

It just like how Teddie changed in the added cutscenes in Golden as well as Persona Q.

Guess Who

Banned
Playing on NG+ right now, and noticed that Ryuji is drastically different early on than he is in September.

Early on, he was vulgar and loud, but his head was in the right place.

In September, he was an asshole just for the sake of it.

It just like how Teddie changed in the added cutscenes in Golden as well as Persona Q.

I would argue his (September/October spoilers)
head was in the right place in September, too, because the gang was 100% right to question going after Okumura and Morgana was the one being a little shit about it.

Ferrio

Banned
You'll be running low on SP on maybe the last two dungeons even with the accessory. It's still really good though.

I have my doubts about that. I only got one dungeon left and I've only had to use SP recovery items like... twice. Those adhesives go a long way.

LotusHD

Banned
I have my doubts about that. I only got one dungeon left and I've only had to use SP recovery items like... twice. Those adhesives go a long way.

Even in the latter palaces, you can easily put enemies under despair, sleep, etc. and use that downtime to restore some SP real quick.

Honestly not sure what to do now that I've beaten the game - I can replay Automata with its DLC, or replay P3P & P4G on Vita... Heck, I could even replay the game again to see if I can forgive its faults & see if it's any better. (Or I could save that for its rerelease)

Hmmm...

Lunar15

Honestly not sure what to do now that I've beaten the game - I can replay Automata with its DLC, or replay P3P & P4G on Vita... Heck, I could even replay the game again to see if I can forgive its faults & see if it's any better. (Or I could save that for its rerelease)

Hmmm...

Go play something else. You seem way burnt out.

mrmickfran

I would argue his (September/October spoilers)
head was in the right place in September, too, because the gang was 100% right to question going after Okumura and Morgana was the one being a little shit about it.
But Ryuji really wasn't really helping either with him constantly
calling Mona useless and all that.

LotusHD

Banned

Hmmm...

It's time for you to look at my avatar.

Or abuse baton passing to give yourself multiple turns.

Oh yea, I had one Persona that gave me 20 SP every time I did that.

"Joker got knocked down!" ding Passionate Listener trophy

Farmed the shit out of it on NG+ immediately after reaching palace 6. Went into mementos and got every party member hit by every ailment i could. Got every party member killed at least once. Pinged every weakness line I could.

I didnt want to leave it up to chance since I prefer to just use the party I like, and theres no way I was doing a 3rd playthrough

Opa-Pa

Why do some enemies get two turns without a crit? Such bullshit. Two Megido's in a row got me a game over.

Turn order is determined by each character's agility stat, so after you're done with your free ambush turns, the game changes the order to that. Some enemies are too fast and will atack twice on top of doing it before you, it's just how it is.

Why do some enemies get two turns without a crit? Such bullshit. Two Megido's in a row got me a game over.
Did you ambush them? Once the ambush turns cycle through, it then reverts back to checking by speed, when that happens the enemy can have the last turn due to ambush, but then the first turn on rotation 2 due to speed

Hmmm...

I'd say replay P4G to see if it's as great as you remember it to be. I plan on doing the same since it's been about 3 years. I honestly might not touch Persona 5 until the re-release. I think all the hype made my expectations too high, but I still think my gripes with the game (mainly the lack of music variety and endgame pacing) are valid.

KraytarJ

It always seemed to me that Mona was playing around with him, though he did go too far at times.

Ryuji was just out for blood lmao
I got the exact opposite reading. Morgana is just unable to take anything, even though he dishes out so much.
Ryuji's everyone's punching bag and when Morgana gets replaced in one of his roles he pokes him and Morgana overreacts instead of being willing to accept his reduced role. Honestly, Morgana's outburst in September is the only time I've ever wanted to kick out a party member in a persona game.

Top Bottom