• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Aselith

Any trick to getting the Bookworm trophy? I swear I've read every book based on this guide, but I haven't yet received the trophy. My book inventory is entirely yellow, and I've made sure to check that all the library books have been taken out as well.

Books get added throughout the year. Are you toward the end?

Dice//

Banned
This post inspired me to give the whole P5 confidant menu style a shot as well! It really nailed the style down so much that I just had to try it myself. I'm not familiar with working with an anime style, so the eyes and mouth were the most troubling to work with.

hDSSG8O.png

Ah that's so great!!! Very well done, anime-style or not, you still nailed the look, especially with the harder vector lines (and managed the cool grey stars in there).

Very nice, keep it up. I'm happy to have an art rival, I feel it keeps me sharper between the ears.

Astral

Fuck backtracking.

My god, it's infuriating.

I never had a problem with it myself honestly. I enjoyed the palaces that were one big area to explore like 6 and 7 a lot more than the ones that involved just moving forward on and on till you reached the end. Palace 4 is the exception though. It's easily one of the best.

Meia

Any trick to getting the Bookworm trophy? I swear I've read every book based on this guide, but I haven't yet received the trophy. My book inventory is entirely yellow, and I've made sure to check that all the library books have been taken out as well.

Chances are you're missing one of the ones at the book store in the red light. Those only show up if you've done something specific in your free time. Think they were using the batting cage(this is the one I missed), movie theater, fishing, flower part time job, and gaming session.

Honestly not sure if the Library books count, but if they do that's terrible since there's no way of keeping track of which you've read and which you haven't, unlike the other books. :\

Dice//

Banned
H-how is this done?

I can make one for you. :p

People really upset with Mona's brief departure? I thought it played well; and all things considered it was a pretty brief stint.

Plus we get Haru! ....but I think she's a real love/hate character.
The personality comparisons you can draw between Haru and Mitsuru are a lot of fun, almost intentionally making a different character but in the same shoes.

Palace 7...alright that's a pretty sweet idea

Honestly my favorite part of the game to have not been spoiled for me is the way these Palaces look.

Persona 5's version of dungeons and stealing artifacts in people's personal mind palaces with the help of a literal mascot cat burglar is purely brilliant and makes the dungeon ideas for P3 and 4 pale significantly in comparison.

I might be a little more passionate about how I'm reading it though.

vypek

Only had to spend an hour to get the last item I was farming.

I'm getting a paralysis by analysis when trying to make sure I fuse new personas. I want to make sure I get a good range of arcana for the social stuff as well as having the skills to at least do one of each variant of elemental attack.Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Hard to manage

Kindekuma

Banned
Ah that's so great!!! Very well done, anime-style or not, you still nailed the look, especially with the harder vector lines (and managed the cool grey stars in there).

Very nice, keep it up. I'm happy to have an art rival, I feel it keeps me sharper between the ears.

Hey thanks! I appreciate that!

imscore71

Neo Member
Chances are you're missing one of the ones at the book store in the red light. Those only show up if you've done something specific in your free time. Think they were using the batting cage(this is the one I missed), movie theater, fishing, flower part time job, and gaming session.

Honestly not sure if the Library books count, but if they do that's terrible since there's no way of keeping track of which you've read and which you haven't, unlike the other books. :\

All of the red light district books have been read as well. The only thing I can think of then is that I read half of a library book and returned it early. But even then, Morgana doesn't allow me to check anything else out.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sKQYJsy.jpg[/IMG]

Ann - Makoto Hair
Makoto - Futaba Hair
Futaba - Futaba Hair
Haru - Ann Hair

BLCKATK

Wow those confidant screen portraits look incredible.

I actually had done the confidant screen look for a friend a little while back as a quick project. I kept it pretty simple and anime using our Final Fantasy XIV characters. Using it as a phone wallpaper now.

Looks like Amazon UK are gonna have more copies on the 12th so I'll be able to grab a copy with any luck. Put my order I ready I just hope they get enough of them.

Gojeran

Posted this in the Persona 4 OT but might get more traction here. Question if I buy the physical copy of P4G to use with the PS TV do I still need to buy a vita memory card? Also does the digital version load or run better than the physical version? I've read that the PS TV also supports DS4 now, is this true? I don't have a DS3 (thank god) anymore. Having recently finished this game I want to try out 4G. Sorry if this is really off topic.

Posted this in the Persona 4 OT but might get more traction here. Question if I buy the physical copy of P4G to use with the PS TV do I still need to buy a vita memory card? Also does the digital version load or run better than the physical version? I've read that the PS TV also supports DS4 now, is this true? I don't have a DS3 (thank god) anymore. Having recently finished this game I want to try out 4G. Sorry if this is really off topic.
Im pretty sure the PSTV plays physical games without a memory card since it has 1GB internal storage. Struggles with patches though

Cant say that with 100% confidence though

I'm in NG+ right now and it feels SO GOOD to just tear through those palaces. I'll be a little bit sad when they start to get tricky again. I want to play through the game on Merciless, but I really want to get the platinum first.

Maybe try this guide? You can absolutely get the trophy with it.

Dice//

Banned
sKQYJsy.jpg

Ann - Makoto Hair
Makoto - Futaba Hair
Futaba - Futaba Hair
Haru - Ann Hair

Ann's Makoto hair is giving me long-to-short-hair is giving me cool Taylor Swift Vibes. Works for her.

Haru just defaults. Meanwhile Makoto's Futaba hair totally works, you're right (not really keen on her hairdo in-game so..)

Wow those confidant screen portraits look incredible.

mW4SlmYh.png

Woah! That's great too!! Great colouring and you got the look perfectly. Your vectoring could get cleaner, but I know that ain't easy (highly recommended as a great pain program with great line cleaning is Clip Studio).

soultron

Banned
Wow. Ending spoilers follow. I must be a total idiot because
I had no idea how to properly answer the questions at the end and got the bad ending. Really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. I'll probably try again but I don't want to have to go through the entire Holy Grail fight again just to get back to the VR to answer the questions properly.

I really feel like the story just gets needlessly convoluted at the very end. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way?

FluxWaveZ

Wow. Ending spoilers follow. I must be a total idiot because
I had no idea how to properly answer the questions at the end and got the bad ending. Really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. I'll probably try again but I don't want to have to go through the entire Holy Grail fight again just to get back to the VR to answer the questions properly.

I really feel like the story just gets needlessly convoluted at the very end. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way?

Wait, what? From the sound of it, you didn't think (ENDING SPOILERS)
deciding to accept the deal from the demonic, misanthropic imposter who wishes for the downfall of humanity and has gone against everything you have fought for for the entire game would lead to a bad ending?

Zolo

Just got Trumpeter! Gonna enjoy that debilitate. Also got Auto-matatarukaja, Defense Master, and Speed Master on him.

soultron

Banned
Wait, what? From the sound of it, you didn't think (ENDING SPOILERS)
deciding to accept the deal from the demonic, misanthropic imposter who wishes for the downfall of humanity and has gone against everything you have fought for for the entire game would lead to a bad ending?
I honestly thought that

A) the dialogue system would catch me and ask me again (ex. The way Morgana asks you to answer again on exams if you choose the wrong answer)
B) the dialogue outcome didn't matter on the choice because a fight would be triggered anyway
C) Lavenza would contribute to either of the above

The wording of everything made me second guess everything.

Dany

Banned
12/24 is so long. lol
I didn't know you could jump back and restore hp/sp by talking to the twins or the person when you fuse them.

How many angels are there to fight before the boss? I defeated 3 but died on a hard enemy that crit'd me.

LotusHD

Banned
I honestly thought that

A) the dialogue system would catch me and ask me again (ex. The way Morgana asks you to answer again on exams if you choose the wrong answer)
B) the dialogue outcome didn't matter on the choice because a fight would be triggered anyway
C) Lavenza would contribute to either of the above

The wording of everything made me second guess everything.

Nah, I don't buy it.
You wanted nothing to change, I'm on to you!

But uhh yea, I dunno if convoluted is the right word, but things just happen one after another so to speak at that point lol

FluxWaveZ

Random thought: I feel P5AG is going to end up being an action game spin-off, mainly revolved around Persona 5, developed by Platinum Games. "P5AG" is for "Persona 5 Action Game."

Aselith

12/24 is so long. lol
I didn't know you could jump back and restore hp/sp by talking to the twins or the person when you fuse them.

How many angels are there to fight before the boss? I defeated 3 but died on a hard enemy that crit'd me.

I think it was 5

Opa-Pa

Lol I got Puyo Puyo Tetris today and just noticed the "main characters" representing Puyo Puyo and Tetris are voiced by the VAs of Morgana and Ryuji respectively. Can't escape.

Moaradin

The whole concept, music and theme is excellent. The puzzle gimmick was way drawn out tho.

Drawn out is an understatement. And I couldn't care less about the theme of this dungeon.
Shido is a completely uninteresting villain.

LiK

Drawn out is an understatement. And I couldn't care less about the theme of this dungeon.
Shido is a completely uninteresting villain.

Haha, took me two real life nights to beat it cuz I got exhausted by it. I still managed to beat it in one in-game day tho.

-Horizon-

Do y'all think it's worth it for me to max Hifumi and get her skill before going to fight
shido
?

I looked up what you get and that seems really good to have.

I can probably squeeze in maxing Sojiro but that would mean I will be sacrificing maxing out Yusuke since I'm getting close to the calling card deadline.

Opa-Pa

Do y'all think it's worth it for me to max Hifumi and get her skill before going to fight
shido
?

I can probably squeeze in maxing Sojiro but that would mean I will be sacrificing maxing out Yusuke since I'm getting close to the calling card deadline.

100% worth it, almost required if you're playing on Hard or higher. The battle is pretty long and you'll want to switch between magic users and physical hitters, and it was kinda rough for me without that last skill (I had her at rank 9...).

PK Gaming

shido
?

Yes, it'll be immensely useful during that boss fight.

The Persona-fied avatars look great! They both look straight out of the game. I wish there was some sort of generator. I could probably just get away with using Futaba art, but I want one of my own.

Fuck backtracking.

My god, it's infuriating.

Are you on
Palace 7
? I managed to clear it in a day but it drove me up the wall, even though
the mouse puzzles were kind of fun.
I get what they were going for but I really didn't like the execution. Killer boss music, though!

Ok guys...I think im done fusing now...I went a little overboard

List
STC4s6W.png

Fight start, and charge/concentrate
IrR5KHW.png

Bless Damage
kquiMCR.png

Almighty Damage
g3kXWDO.png

Buffs
LaG3Uyy.png

Healing and Debuff
4s7VYX3.png

Insta kill and Curse Damage
s8XxoGl.png

Physical Damage
pi4PtwM.png

The guy that made it all possible
YF0b1gz.png

187 hours later, I'm finally done with Persona 5. Probably the hardest platinum trophy I'll ever get (not that it's difficult, more that I'll probably never put in this much effort for any other game).

Oh, and here's one more for the road. I love that Mementos conversations can unfold in multiple ways. Collect them all!

PK Gaming

I had to stop myself. The decision to make the Lakshmi as a buff persona came when I was already almost done with the others...then I wanted to make a cover all elements persona...but I managed to back myself off

I'm probably going to take my 12 favorite demons and optimize the shit out of them.

Top Bottom