• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Immediate answer: The deadlines are designed for a few ventures into palaces for the player to level up, but also keep the challenge at a reasonable level. If you feel the fight is too much, and you haven't let the deadline slip, there is no shame in bailing, cashing in the loot you win and gearing up. There is no wrong option with things like weapons or armor, just upgrade whatever you can. As for SP replenishment, sadly the only real options is lucking out if you hold up a Shadow and demand an item - they can drop SP heals - and buying certain vending machine drinks by school or the arcade. The downside of the former is they cover a measly 5 SP, and only 1 can can be bought per week.

Long-Term answer: Death is your friend. There is a reason you have access to that arcana early...
Bless you death arcana
Also my first maxed out one hehe

Philippo

-How long does a NG+ for the platinum trophy take? Another 100 hours? Or much faster thanks to higher lvl and maxed out social stats?

-How's merciless mode for NG+? Actually hard or still a piece of cake?

libregkd

its super fucking addicting, but I need to move on to a new game eventually.

Otherwise I'd make versions of my Kaguya/Thanatos for all the elements
I actually ended up doing this but I there is still room for optimization of the skill sets on each Persona. I also really didn't do any stat manipulation to get each Persona's magic stat up...and this was before I knew that there were Network fusion exclusive skills so my Persona specializing in Almighty damage doesn't have Almighty Boost/Amp and all my magic Personas don't have Magic Ability. But I do have a team of Personas that each specialize in an element; with each one having Severe level single target and multi-target spells of the element they specialize in and the appropriate element boosting abilities + Spell Master (And protections for any weaknesses, if applicable). I want to redo my entire team with those extra boosting abilities at some point but I'll need to go out and try and get those Network Fusion abilities first.

Its kinda of amazing how addicting fusing is. I don't think I was this hooked on it when I was going through Persona 3 or 4. Probably because of all the improvements they made to the fusion system this time around.

daegan

I honestly thought that

A) the dialogue system would catch me and ask me again (ex. The way Morgana asks you to answer again on exams if you choose the wrong answer)
B) the dialogue outcome didn't matter on the choice because a fight would be triggered anyway
C) Lavenza would contribute to either of the above

The wording of everything made me second guess everything.

It does give you one chance to back out, but it doesn't make it as explicitly clear. Perhaps because that's considered the "Good" ending.

Mariip

Immediate answer: The deadlines are designed for a few ventures into palaces for the player to level up, but also keep the challenge at a reasonable level. If you feel the fight is too much, and you haven't let the deadline slip, there is no shame in bailing, cashing in the loot you win and gearing up. There is no wrong option with things like weapons or armor, just upgrade whatever you can. As for SP replenishment, sadly the only real options is lucking out if you hold up a Shadow and demand an item - they can drop SP heals - and buying certain vending machine drinks by school or the arcade. The downside of the former is they cover a measly 5 SP, and only 1 can can be bought per week.

Long-Term answer: Death is your friend. There is a reason you have access to that arcana early...
Machine by the bath in yongen jaya sells 4 sp drinks per week by a lower price

But yeah hang out with Tae, she's cool and it's better than drinking water of rebirth....

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
-How long does a NG+ for the platinum trophy take? Another 100 hours? Or much faster thanks to higher lvl and maxed out social stats?

You can't really pinpoint the exact time since there are some trophies that you'll need to get through luck, basically, such as Futaba's 250 voicelines or the hostage situation one. So it may take you quick, it may take you a long while, depending on your luck.

Social links on NG+ is much easier to raise though, due to point bonuses and previous-playthrough-confidant-skills perks.

I cannot for the life of me beat the last section of the Power Intuition game even with the cheats. These inputs are ridiculous.

Edit: Nvm. As soon as I typed this, I beat it after stuggling for almost an hour.

Zafir

Amount of time it'll take entirely depends really.

I read through almost all of the lines again and didn't skip anything, so my second playthrough did take me another 100hours almost. I also left a lot of the tedious trophies for the second playthrough, too, such as futaba voice lines. Which required some Mementos grinding.

If you skip dialogue and/or don't have as many trophies to go for on NG+ then it can be significantly quicker. I bet you can cut the time in half.

Others have mentioned a time as short as 40 hours or so. I skipped some dialogue but not all, and I had a bunch of new confidant stuff to run through as well as extra time spent fusing, doing random activities, etc., so my NG+ run was 78 hours (versus a first run of 109 hours).

Dunno about merciless, I stuck to normal in both my playthroughs.

I've made 6kk yesterday with Mementos farm (sandman on 27 luck). Feels good to be rich.

I'll keep strengthening Sandman until he hits 40+ luck and then do it again and farm a couple more millions that should e enough until the end of the game.

Totally bizarre! I wonder if you could somehow still get it through network fusion, but that sounds like an RNG hell you'd be better off avoiding.
You can't network fuse things you don't have. I'm sure of it since I got Magatsu-Izanagi sometimes and they wouldn't let you get DLC stuff unless it was unlocked.

I cannot for the life of me beat the last section of the Power Intuition game even with the cheats. These inputs are ridiculous.

Edit: Nvm. As soon as I typed this, I beat it after stuggling for almost an hour.

If that is the game I am thinking of - I learned that not playing Street Fighter 2 growing up left me wholly unprepared for this game. Took me an hour too - so many reload save just to beat that stupid game.

vareon

I'm on NG+, on second Palace, max stats except for Guts (4) and feeling WAY too worried that I won't get all max Confidants in this playthrough without following a guide. Please tell me it's easy enough on NG+ ;_;

Zafir

I'm on NG+, on second Palace, max stats except for Guts (4) and feeling WAY too worried that I won't get all max Confidants in this playthrough without following a guide. Please tell me it's easy enough on NG+ ;_;
Did you max Fortune on your first playthrough?

If you did, it's easy without even using a guide. Just hang out with people you can level up with, and use the fortune telling on people who aren't going to level up. That way you don't have to mess about with inter-rank hang outs (unless you're forced to)

I did everything on my second playthrough, outside of social stats(they were already maxed) and I still had a lot of empty days in December.

It's still possible if you didn't max her. You might want to look up the answers which give the most music notes on social links, and also get Fortune up ASAP when you access her again.

Opa-Pa

You can't network fuse things you don't have. I'm sure of it since I got Magatsu-Izanagi sometimes and they wouldn't let you get DLC stuff unless it was unlocked.

Nah you definitely can, I think I got a persona I had never seen let alone owned almost every time I network fused. You're right on DLC ones being locked though.

Either way, Mother should still be easy to get. It's as simple as getting a couple of personas of her arcana around the same level as hers and trying to fuse them. One of the combinations will result in her.

People shouldn't rely too much on fusion guides when the alternative is this easy.

Atolm

Max Fortune asap and pick always the best answers and have the Personas from the matching arcanas and you'll be fine. Fortune at 7 can give you rank up points by paying a fee. Temperance also helps with the max bonus.

Also don't spend time with a Confidant unless you're going to rank up, use it on someone else and pay Fortune's fee for the missing points.

I was at your exact same situation and finished all confidants with over a month to spare and was able to read all books as well (missed that one on my first playthrough) and get my fitness training (both in the gym and home) to max, in December I just worked at the part time jobs because I had nothing else to do.

vareon

Did you max Fortune on your first playthrough?

If you did, it's easy without even using a guide. Just hang out with people you can level up with, and use the fortune telling on people who aren't going to level up. That way you don't have to mess about with inter-rank hang outs (unless you're forced to)

I did everything on my second playthrough, outside of social stats(they were already maxed) and I still had a lot of empty days in December.

It's still possible if you didn't max her. You might want to look up the answers which give the most music notes on social links, and also get Fortune up ASAP when you access her again.

Nope. So max Fortune once I unlocked her, sounds like a nice tip.

I was in pretty much the same boat as you: NG+, no max Fortune, all stats maxed except for Guts at 4. Here's what I managed to do in NG+:

- all confidants maxed
- all books read
- all games played
- all requests done (this matters because you have to work some of the part-time jobs for this)
- maxed out the GYM, fer chrissakes
- still went on random friend dates with a bunch of confidants because I had a week or two of absolutely nothing else to do

The only guide I used was to look up the optimal answers for each confidant conversation, but with the amount of free time I had left over (plus the ability to abuse Fortune level 7) I'd say even that is unnecessary.

This is how it'll feel for you, if you're anything like me: you'll stress out about finishing everything, especially when you finish summer vacation and feel like you have so much stuff to do still. Then, sometime in November, all the dominoes will fall at once and suddenly you'll have nothing to do. I think you'll be fine.

Oh, also, max out Temperance if you haven't already. Though even that might be optional, honestly. It's not like you do palaces or Mementos that often, and you'll probably run out of nighttime confidants before daytime ones.

vareon

I was in pretty much the same boat as you: NG+, no max Fortune, all stats maxed except for Guts at 4. Here's what I managed to do in NG+:

- all confidants maxed
- all books read
- all games played
- all requests done (this matters because you have to work some of the part-time jobs for this)
- maxed out the GYM, fer chrissakes
- still went on random friend dates with a bunch of confidants because I had a week or two of absolutely nothing else to do

The only guide I used was to look up the optimal answers for each confidant conversation, but with the amount of free time I had left over (plus the ability to abuse Fortune level 7) I'd say even that is unnecessary.

This is how it'll feel for you, if you're anything like me: you'll stress out about finishing everything, especially when you finish summer vacation and feel like you have so much stuff to do still. Then, sometime in November, all the dominoes will fall at once and suddenly you'll have nothing to do. I think you'll be fine.

Oh, also, max out Temperance if you haven't already. Though even that might be optional, honestly. It's not like you do palaces or Mementos that often, and you'll probably run out of nighttime confidants before daytime ones.

Thanks for all this! Do you save mementos until there are a lot of requests?

Thanks for all this! Do you save mementos until there are a lot of requests?

I tried to, yes. I think the most I saved up was six. But there's a tension there because a lot of requests are tied to confidant progression, and will block your progress until you clear the request. Ideally, you'll want to have a bunch of confidants going at once so that they all hit rank 7/8 around the same time (thus gaining their requests all at once and leaving little time where you can hang out with confidants but are blocked by Mementos). In practice, there's only so much you can do; I think I had at least three, maybe four separate Mementos trips to finish all the confidant missions, with the most I tackled in any one day being four confidant roadblocks. But like I said before, you don't need to stress too much about this; in my NG+ run I went to Mementos several times with zero targets because a) I had the time and b) I wanted to farm Reaper and/or get materials and/or because why not. It becomes a lot easier to do once you get max Temperance, because then you only lose one time slot (daytime) instead of two (daytime/nighttime).

NG+ Palace 6 Question
Is it best to tackle this palace asap or just before the deadline since it forces you to wait till the last day to send the calling card? Still trying to get max confidants across the board, just need to work on Tower, Hermit, Hierophant, and Empress.

Vic_Viper

About to start the Exams in July.

About what level should my Social Stats be at this point, and is there anything I should try to Max first? I think my Charm and Kindness is at level 3, and everything else is at level 2 currently. Ive been focusing on trying to get Charm to level 4 asap, but its going pretty slow. Im worried that im not going to be able to max everything that I need to before the end of the game and im not exactly sure which ones are necessary for late game.

Astral

Every time. That onslaught of pointless post-Palace messages happens every damn time. How bout you kids take apply some relax gel and stfu.

This is the worst part of the game. Especially if you finish a Palace way early. I've got a maid to call, don't text me with all this foolishness.

Zafir

NG+ Palace 6 Question
Is it best to tackle this palace asap or just before the deadline since it forces you to wait till the last day to send the calling card? Still trying to get max confidants across the board, just need to work on Tower, Hermit, Hierophant, and Empress.

I did it straight away personally.

It's not like the other dungeons where your party members' social links get locked out after finishing the dungeon but before sending the calling card.

Astral

New Game plus spoilers
The Twins boss battle is crazy. How much health do these two demons have?

I believe it's 8000 each.

I literally said the same thing

Dudes think I'm going to hang out with them on some kid shit.

That's why I'm NG+ I plan on skipping all of them except for the one where Yusuke is rudely interrupted mid sentence. I wish I remembered where exactly that was though.

Well finally finished the game :)

I think I still prefer P4G, the characters and story just hooked me much stronger in that game.

Much prefer the gameplay and dungeon stuff in this game though and it was still utterly fantastic.

Took me 90 hours in the end, worth every second :)

Dice//

Banned
This is the worst part of the game. Especially if you finish a Palace way early. I've got a maid to call, don't text me with all this foolishness.

I think after the third palace I got pretty good at what dialogue can easily be skipped in this game.

This game is incredibly chatty, and yeah some of those IMs are notorious for being pointless or rehashing stuff that's said in scenes surrounding it. You get some wit in them and at least nothing you say seems to have any consequences (so I love going for the stupidest answer).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Where have you been?

Been searching all along...

SirNinja

Man, the difficulty of the twins' fusion challenges (for their social link) is all over the place. Getting Tetraja on Lachesis was a massive exercise in frustration, but the one after that wasn't nearly as bad. (Maybe I just got unlucky and happened to miss an obvious fusion combo? I dunno.)

I realized it's been like a month if not more since I spent time with Ohya. LOL

I mean, her confidant benefit is pretty much useless. Who honestly has trouble with the security levels in palaces? Ambushing enemies is way too easy.

I'm saving her until just about everyone else is ranked up.

protonion

Done with the third palace. The boss was a cakewalk.

Now social stats prevent me from advancing many social links. What would you say is the most efficient way to raise them?

PK Gaming

C_Hb2mMUAAAM1Y9.jpg

Got asked on Tumblr what if Haru tried doing the 90's ojou-sama laugh, so this came about

jrcbandit

It's so expensive to try to get 100% compendium, I'm at 88% and many of the high level Persona require like 4-6 slots free to make when I have a single slot free. Which means resummoning all my level 80-98 Personas when I don't have much money left... Guess I should have built up 7+ million lol instead of only 3 million. Also I didn't over level to keep the game interesting so these level 90+ Personas cost a ton to make when I'm only in my 70s.

I'm in the final section and in the area I could farm for some XP. What level can I be and still have the final boss be interesting? I need to make making the personas cheaper.

KorrZ

I mean, her confidant benefit is pretty much useless. Who honestly has trouble with the security levels in palaces? Ambushing enemies is way too easy.

I'm saving her until just about everyone else is ranked up.

Yeah...

"Let's see who's available this evening"
*OHYA UP!!!!!*
"Well time to raise some stats I guess"

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Apparently the lyrics in Beneath the Mask is "I'm a shapeshifter" not "I'm a sharpshooter."

I like sharpshooter better tho.

Lol

I used to hear "Im a shapeshifter, I pose masquerade" until someone here told me its "Im a shapeshifter, at Poe's masquerade"

duckroll

Yeah the Mementos skits are the bestest. I was grinding for Liquid Mercury and doing the Flu Season Reaper slaying today, and listened to a ton of them. So good.

You haters. The Maya/Chie smash/bang fusion is great and has one of the best not sex scenes.
I was disappointed because
I thought she was going to turn out to be Yukiko. Her VA sounds the same, she looks the same, she has goofy glasses, she investigates things, she's a sloppy drunk, etc.

Top Bottom