• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

[End game]
If I send Shido the calling card, do I forfeit my remaining free days? Or is it like the rest of the palaces where you get to play out the days between stealing the treasure and the deadline?

Cess007

I'm at palace #5 and
those battles against the Chiefs to get their IDs are total BS. Their minions can KO you before you can start doing anything. Is there anyway (besides luck) to guarantee you survive the first wave of attacks?

Dice//

Banned
I'm at palace #5 and
those battles against the Chief to get their ID are total BS. Their minions can KO you before you can start doing anything. Is there anyway (besides luck) to guarantee you survive the first wave of attacks?

Takes me back to Kanji's dungeon in P4 — same thing would happen before I could even act. BS indeed. : /

Raxus

Just maxed out all my social links and Mother Harlot is still locked off for no reason. Must be a glitch. Either way I have to go through the game again to
Beat the secret boss
so it isn't a huge loss. Annoying, but not a big deal.

Just maxed out all my social links and Mother Harlot is still locked off for no reason. Must be a glitch. Either way I have to go through the game again to
Beat the secret boss

Totally bizarre! I wonder if you could somehow still get it through network fusion, but that sounds like an RNG hell you'd be better off avoiding.

PK Gaming

Beat the secret boss

Just to be sure:

• Do you have the right ingredients for it?
  • And did you buy any DLC Persona?
You were probably thorough, but it's worth a shot. Definitely bizarre.

[End game]
All that build up to the battle telling Shido we're going to fuck him up, the amazing music, etc, and I killed myself on the first turn with a reflected One Shot Kill. My fucking sides.

Shido must have been so pissed that he put on all those theatrics and assembled the golden peoplelion for nothing.

PK Gaming

[End game]
All that build up to the battle telling Shido we're going to fuck him up, the amazing music, etc, and I killed myself on the first turn with a reflected One Shot Kill. My fucking sides.

Shido must have been so pissed that he put on all those theatrics and assembled the golden peoplelion for nothing.

I was so ready to kick his ass. Had everyone puffed up and rarin to go, but then he used Wage War and Joker killed himself by attacking him. Hah

cheez124

so i got bored and decided to make a clean version of joker's all-out attack finisher
6xWVUQ7.png
eventually gonna try to do the same for the rest of the cast

Lunar15

Hoo boy this game is long. I'm enjoying the hell out of all the minibosses on Palace 7, but I wouldn't have minded if everything was a half step shorter.

Mendrox

Real life Yongenjaya (Sangenjaya) was cool. Saw the laundromat and more but only took one picture of the bar because i didnt want to annoy the locals. Still, it feels surreal after playing it haha

shmoglish

This game reactivated my love for jrpgs. No I am not sure if I should play some of the classics (I already played years ago) lile Shadow Hearts or Digital devil saga or buy Tokyo Mirage Session 🤔

Menitta

4th palace was a bitch. I had bad luck twice in that thing. The damn snakewomen put despair on all of my team in ONE TURN!!

Also on the boss, Joker and Makoto had Despair, so no move could heal it and I had no items to fix it either. I had to die.

Despite all that though, It was a really cool palace. The tech-pyramid was really neat and I liked the puzzles the most out of all of them so far.

Mediking

Happened to me too. Twice. :p

4th palace was a bitch. I had bad luck twice in that thing. The damn snakewomen put despair on all of my team in ONE TURN!!

Also on the boss, Joker and Makoto had Despair, so no move could heal it and I had no items to fix it either. I had to die.

Despite all that though, It was a really cool palace. The tech-pyramid was really neat and I liked the puzzles the most out of all of them so far.

Palace 4 hasa really cool song...

But to hell with this Despir and Mudon spamming from enemies.

I just got back my progress from a random instant death spell on Joker.

I actially got paranoid and sprinted all the way back to a Save Roon.

THEN... I rage quitted. Lol

Raxus

Just to be sure:

• Do you have the right ingredients for it?
  • And did you buy any DLC Persona?
You were probably thorough, but it's worth a shot. Definitely bizarre.

I just have the free DLC persona and nothing else and I have literally every other fusion besides the one you get in NG+ and Mother Harlot. I am sure I have the right ingredients because when I try to fuse them it reads as 'impossible' in the fusion screen when I should be getting Mother.

PK Gaming

I just have the free DLC persona and nothing else and I have literally every other fusion besides the one you get in NG+ and Mother Harlot. I am sure I have the right ingredients because when I try to fuse them it reads as 'impossible' in the fusion screen when I should be getting Mother.

Free DLC Persona? All of the DLC Personas have been paid so far. I brought it up, because DLC Persona alters the fusion chart. Maybe that could explain why you're getting an "impossible."

You can alter said chart here.

I just did the first dungeon. Now waiting for... Stuff to happen.

I'm running low on cash, I can't find jobs.

I also can only do the Ryuji and Sojiro s. link (also Morgana and Igor but...), is it normal or can I trigger more ?

I'm just focusing on my stats right now. Spending lot of time in studying and bathing haha

abrack08

so is the 4th level of each stat the highest it goes? it looks that way on the star but i thought i'd make sure

No, each goes to rank 5

I also can only do the Ryuji and Sojiro s. link (also Morgana and Igor but...), is it normal or can I trigger more ?

I'm just focusing on my stats right now. Spending lot of time in studying and bathing haha

Could be wrong, but I think you should be able to get the job at the convenience store at least, maybe the flower shop too. You should also be able to do the doctor/Death confidant.

LOL HOLY SHIT

10/20:
Haru: Do you think I could bring my next harvest over to your cafe?
>Try asking at Okumura Foods.

I couldn't bring myself to pick that choice, but damn...

RalchAC

You should unlock Ann in a few days. There is Takemi too, but I think you need Guts at 2 to continue her Confidant.

You need to make Coffee at least one to level up Sojiro to 3 I think it was.

Monday and Thursday is bath time and when it rains you get extra Knowledge for studying. You can buy fertiliser in the Flower Shop and get some free Kindness (you won't spend time). The library has some books you can rent too and they're free. You can level up various stats by reading them too.

Hylian7

Watching credits now... Please tell me there is shit after the credits... Or did I just not get the right ending to learn a thing I wanted to know?

LiK

Was this the same in Japanese?

Appendicitis isn't exactly something you can just walk off.

Seeing screenshots of this game is like witnessing a miracle.

Edit: Hylian7 is right. She's just making up whatever excuse to avoid him.

Could be wrong, but I think you should be able to get the job at the convenience store at least, maybe the flower shop too. You should also be able to do the doctor/Death confidant.

I need more guts for going forward with the nurse. Will look for the small shops you mention.

You should unlock Ann in a few days. There is Takemi too, but I think you need Guts at 2 to continue her Confidant.

You need to make Coffee at least one to level up Sojiro to 3 I think it was.

Monday and Thursday is bath time and when it rains you get extra Knowledge for studying. You can buy fertiliser in the Flower Shop and get some free Kindness (you won't spend time). The library has some books you can rent too and they're free. You can level up various stats by reading them too.

thanks for the tips

Orcastar

[End game]

Exact same thing happened to me. Couldn't help but laugh.

abrack08

I need more guts for going forward with the nurse. Will look for the small shops you mention.

thanks for the tips

You don't get jobs by going to the shops, go to the Underground Walkway in Shibuya, look for little stands with pamphlets/flyers on them (marked by a Yen symbol on the mini map I think?).

Ferrio

Banned
Palace 6 boss spoilers

Sae was such a boring disappointing fight. Just keep buffs up and keep chipping away at her health. Never once felt like I was in trouble, and the roulette gimmick didn't have any effect on the fight.

NEO0MJ

Any good tips for the start? Once I'm short on SP monsters just decimate me. I guess I hould have bought weapons instead of armor? And where can we buy SP recovering items?

Any good tips for the start? Once I'm short on SP monsters just decimate me. I guess I hould have bought weapons instead of armor? And where can we buy SP recovering items?

Immediate answer: The deadlines are designed for a few ventures into palaces for the player to level up, but also keep the challenge at a reasonable level. If you feel the fight is too much, and you haven't let the deadline slip, there is no shame in bailing, cashing in the loot you win and gearing up. There is no wrong option with things like weapons or armor, just upgrade whatever you can. As for SP replenishment, sadly the only real options is lucking out if you hold up a Shadow and demand an item - they can drop SP heals - and buying certain vending machine drinks by school or the arcade. The downside of the former is they cover a measly 5 SP, and only 1 can can be bought per week.

Long-Term answer: Death is your friend. There is a reason you have access to that arcana early...

RalchAC

Well, that's a bit tricky. Generally you can really buy SP items. Both Persona 4 and 5 use the SP bar as a way to convey that your character is tired. The game allows you to craft various items (although it's only Coffee at first) to be able to get back some SP.

Save every time you get to a safe room. If you are low on SP, you can try to push your luck, but things are surely gonna get tough.

Most people do Palaces in 2-3 days until they have the Death arcana (which somebody already mentioned) at a high enough level to get some SP recovery accesories.

Don't worry too much, take your time and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom