• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Astral

I was disappointed because
I thought she was going to turn out to be Yukiko. Her VA sounds the same, she looks the same, she has goofy glasses, she investigates things, she's a sloppy drunk, etc.

That would've been the funniest shit. I guess it didn't help it's the same VA.

NEO0MJ

Cleared the first palace, yay! Now it's time to face my greatest fear in these games, knowing who or what to spend time with.

LiK

Playing through NG+ and I'm pretty giddy about maxing the SLinks for characters I didn't complete in my first run. Shame I need to slog through the tutorial stuff and palaces again. Wish NG+ allowed us to straight up skip certain things completely for the sake of it. Oh well.

Hylian7

Joker, Morgana, Makoto and Ryuji, and
it's the charging attack, the deadly sins weapons didn't give me much of a problem.
You have one turn to hit it as much as you can, and use Marakukaja (or the one for all 3 stats is, I forget what it is called). Then guard the next turn. Every time it charges up, you have two turns to prepare, and the second one you need to guard.
You should Mediaharan after. Don't get greedy if you think it is so close to dead when it charges.

I just want to say I love the
rivers in the desert
metaphor.
Water in the desert is a very well-worn cliche, but it is almost always implicitly unmoving and stagnant, like a drink or an oasis. A river provides the same concept of relief, contrast, beauty, etc. but it also evokes a force of nature and constant movement and change.
It's a really cool and fitting difference.

SlickVic

Man I feel quite silly now. I kept doing Persona negotiations in the palaces because I wanted to stockpile healing items and cash, but it wasn't until halfway through the 2nd palace I realized how much of an XP penalty you get for doing a negotiation vs all out attack (I'm not sure if all out attacks net any XP bonus over finishing a fight regularly). I went from earning a measly 18-50 xp/encounter during negotiations to ~65-160 xp/encounter. Guessing the game explained that at some point and I just missed it.

The battles were still pretty manageable despite my lower level, but I noticed I was getting underleveled when the 'daily poll' page said everyone's average level for was Level 17 and I was stuck at 12 halfway through the second palace. Grinded everyone up to Level 15 now, which still seems a bit low based on the average, but hoping I should be able to get to Level 17-18 before the next boss.

So, I'm on Palace 6 and I've got a question...

I use a party of my favourite characters (Yusuke, Haru, Makoto) but since Akechi is here, is it worth using him? I mean, if he's really useful for this palace I guess I don't mind but as a character I don't really like him.

Ferrio

Banned

I use a party of my favourite characters (Yusuke, Haru, Makoto) but since Akechi is here, is it worth using him? I mean, if he's really useful for this palace I guess I don't mind but as a character I don't really like him.

I didn't touch him. I had plenty of bless/curse personas and I don't even remember them coming in handy either.

Moaradin

How much more of the game do I have left? Just finished (endgame spoilers)
Shida's Palace
and now I have a bunch of free days. Kinda want the game to be over at this point.

LiK

Shida's Palace
and now I have a bunch of free days. Kinda want the game to be over at this point.

Sorry my friend, but you still have quite a ways to go.

Jyrii

Banned
Shida's Palace

December 24th
is the last actual day. You cannot go to the town on that day, so prepare beforehand. As for personas
you get a HP/SP healing spot, so you can level up pretty well.

LotusHD

Banned
Shida's Palace

You're getting closer lol

EDIT:

If you feel that way now, then yikes

I guess I'll wait until this wraps up (probably in the next 30 hours at the rate I'm playing), but with 11/20 and 11/21 behind me, this is most likely my least favorite story of the modern Personas (4>3>5).

Jyrii

Banned
Just finished the game. I enjoyed it and was not really dissapointed, but I think I still prefer P4. I really hope they would make more mature version next, if they ever do another one. Something like Catherine would be pretty perfect. Also I feel like the main cast in P3P, P4 and P5 are way too similar.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've always heard "I'm a Cheshire cat, apples masquerade".

giphy.gif

Cess007

Reached Palace 5, I'm on the last stretch before the Treasure.

I hasn't been as bad as people says, but the last part with the doors and switches puzzles is really confusing and I can see how it can get annoying fast.

it's a new character. why wouldn't you use him? he looks funny and he kicks ass. at least give him a try, it's new content. but you don't have to if you don't like trying new stuff, it's no big deal.

One consideration no one's mentioned yet: it makes it easier to get one of the trophies if you do.
Passionate Listener.
Otherwise it's up to you, really.

Balphon

Man, the difficulty of the twins' fusion challenges (for their social link) is all over the place. Getting Tetraja on Lachesis was a massive exercise in frustration, but the one after that wasn't nearly as bad. (Maybe I just got unlucky and happened to miss an obvious fusion combo? I dunno.)

Stone of Scone + Clotho is the easiest for Lachesis but it may not work depending on the level of your Clotho since Stone of Scone is a treasure demon.

Trying to fight (NG+ spoilers)
Caroline and Justine now on Hard, got them down to half HP and they both use Diarahan and heal each other to full. Hit the PS button and selected "Close Application" right there. XD

I was taking them both down evenly, I thought that was the only gimmick reading up on it. I guess there's something else to it as well.

gun_haver

I don't think there's any need to worry about not having time to max out confidants etc in NG+. I am still on NG (at the end, last confidant date has passed), and I only had 4 confidants that weren't at rank 10 and I wasn't even really trying. It was like, Ryuji/Yusuke were are 8, Ohya/Iwai were at 5. Everyone else was at MAX!

Hell in December I just skipped a bunch of days to get on with the story. More than enough time to do them all, really, if you make sure to use Chihaya and also - I haven't seen this mentioned much - I went to the shrine to pray just before the end there and I noticed it also raises your confidant levels. Couldn't you combine this with Chihaya, do both on the same day (one in afternoon, one at night) and get even more of a boost for the confidants?

Bio5ith

Neo Member
Trying to fight (NG+ spoilers)
Caroline and Justine now on Hard, got them down to half HP and they both use Diarahan and heal each other to full. Hit the PS button and selected "Close Application" right there. XD

I was taking them both down evenly, I thought that was the only gimmick reading up on it. I guess there's something else to it as well.
When I fought them on Normal, they only healed each other once, so you might have quit a bit prematurely

I don't think there's any need to worry about not having time to max out confidants etc in NG+. I am still on NG (at the end, last confidant date has passed), and I only had 4 confidants that weren't at rank 10 and I wasn't even really trying. It was like, Ryuji/Yusuke were are 8, Ohya/Iwai were at 5. Everyone else was at MAX!

Hell in December I just skipped a bunch of days to get on with the story. More than enough time to do them all, really, if you make sure to use Chihaya and also - I haven't seen this mentioned much - I went to the shrine to pray just before the end there and I noticed it also raises your confidant levels. Couldn't you combine this with Chihaya, do both on the same day (one in afternoon, one at night) and get even more of a boost for the confidants?

Shrine takes time, so it's only really good for when confidants aren't available.

PK Gaming

tumblr_op5iczpZPh1txjyfuo1_500.png

rivers in the desert
metaphor.
Water in the desert is a very well-worn cliche, but it is almost always implicitly unmoving and stagnant, like a drink or an oasis. A river provides the same concept of relief, contrast, beauty, etc. but it also evokes a force of nature and constant movement and change.

I usually try not to read to deep into song lyrics, but Rivers In The Desert is blatantly filled with meaning. There's a lot to take away here.

Bladenic

I'm near the Palace 7 end and I didn't find it that much of a drag but... it was so boring. They really ran out of ideas here. The gimmick is so lame and boring.

I'm also not a fan of
LOL EVERYONE WAS CONNECTED TO SHIDO

OrionX

rivers in the desert
metaphor.

Probably my favorite Persona boss theme. Gave me chills.

NSESN

7th palace boss
Fuck shido, whe they teased a 6th form I almost had a heart attack. BTW,
I loved that the infiltration was at night for once

I just got to a point in the game where it says
fourteen days before I'm expelled and steal Kamoshida's heart.
Are there things I can do or should I tackle it right away?

On a side note... Ryuji saying "For Real" is honestly really funny now cause it's excessive. I laugh every time.

I just got to a point in the game where it says
fourteen days before I'm expelled and steal Kamoshida's heart.
Are there things I can do or should I tackle it right away?

On a side note... Ryuji saying "For Real" is honestly really funny now cause it's excessive. I laugh every time.

For the first palace, there isn't a whole lot you can do that will help you. Maybe get Ryuji's confidant to the point where you can baton pass. Other than that, I would say head on in and get it done right away.

For subsequent palaces though, I find it really helpful to tackle confidants earlier so when you head in you have some additional bonuses.

Important: make sure you find the treasure on "3 days left" or sooner.

Fjordson

Dumb question: does the level of a Persona matter when it comes to social links?

I haven't hung out with Mishima in a while and want to rank up with him, but I fused the Moon Persona I had been rolling with. Can I summon some crappy level 3 Moon from the compendium just for social link purposes?

Guess Who

Banned
Dumb question: does the level of a Persona matter when it comes to social links?

I haven't hung out with Mishima in a while and want to rank up with him, but I fused the Moon Persona I had been rolling with. Can I summon some crappy level 3 Moon from the compendium just for social link purposes?

Yup. Level doesn't matter, only arcana.

Top Bottom