• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

-Horizon-

I was in the 70s by that point, and felt a bit overpowered, if you've made it this far into the game, then you're good enough to go all the way now.

If you made it there you should be enough level for it, and level shouldn't be a problem
since you can heal talking to caroline after entering the depths, so if anything you can grind just there.

I was around the low to mid 70s.
That makes me feel better :)

And oh wow I didn't even notice her standing there. Her tsundere healing will definitely help.

Zafir

How many times can you beat the Reaper anyway? Is there another flu season from Dec onwards?
There's another two days of the flu in December. 8th and 9th I want to say?

You can kill it as many times as you want, just change floors after killing it.

Nah, you should still get a bunch of confidant missions together before you go really, otherwise you waste time. Though if you want to see Kawakami's Hawaii scene in the first playthrough you'll probably have to make 1 redundant trip due to how tight her timeline for that scene likely is and that there's a calendar gated memento quest 2 days after you need to clear Kawakami's to keep things on track.
That's the point. You can stockpile all the Rank 7/8 requests along with those that you unlock via doing part time jobs and do all of them at once.

For my Mementos run I was clearing 11 of these requests all together. It's certainly possible.
No you don't? There are so many Confidant options that if one gets blocked by a request, it's far better to just raise others in the mean time while saving up. It should be no problem doing Mementos once or at most twice a month, sometimes two months. A full Palace cycle tends to come with at least 3 requests over that time period, and every non-active party member Confidant comes with a request around rank 7-9 depending. So it's easy to have a handle on how you're balancing them and knowing when to boost certain ones together to get more requests for a more value added Mementos run.

It's all simple management! Maxing Temperance and Fortune first is definitely invaluable tho. :p
Well, I said if you wanna raise a certain confidant then you should do it asap. If you have temperance then you are not really wasting much of your time, especially later on when you've maxed all of your stats. But yeah, generally it is more logical to do a bunch of requests at a time*.

*Unless you are on your first playthrough and you are getting closer and closer to the end of the game and there isn't any possible way for you to max out all of your confidants. (basically my situation during the last month of Persona 5)

Opa-Pa

What's a good level to go into the
mementos depths thing
?

I'm at 64 right now after making it to the first safe room there.

I was 63 I think, and I managed. The mobs are naturally challenging on Hard though, especially Melchizedek and Lilith, but nothing that null phys and other elemental resistances can't handle. Also you'll get some great exp just progressing through the dungeon.

Getting a text at midnight from Mishima

fridge-open-disappointed-walk-away-nothing-1353706092r.gif

Lmao basically.

duckroll

There's another two days of the flu in December. 8th and 9th I want to say?

You can kill it as many times as you want, just change floors after killing it.

Wait what? I think I'm on Dec 8 or something, and I decided to go into the fucking Palace. FML.

Just finished Palace #3 and I'm clocked in around 46 hours. Maybe an hour or two of that is idle time but I play these games reaaaal slow.

Lunar15

Progress time is all over the place for this game. I'm at 90 hours having just finished palace 7, but I've seen people at 80 just finishing palace 5.

duckroll

Actually, I have a question about the Mementos quest related to the Tower Confidant at late ranks.
This seems to be behaving very strangely for me. When I first got her name, I thought I would unlock the request, but I didn't. Then I did his next rank (8 I think), and gave him a Calling Card, the quest STILL didn't appear on my request list. What gives? Do I just go into Mementos and will it appear?

TheFatMan

Holy shit this game has over stayed it's welcome with a quickness.

Just when I think I'm done, the game throws one last gigantic ass tedious dungeon at me. Seriously, I'm so tempted to just call it here.

I know some people like these awkwardly long games, but they could have cut 30 hours off this game and made it better. And that is a fact.

zeniselv

Actually, I have a question about the Mementos quest related to the Tower Confidant at late ranks.
This seems to be behaving very strangely for me. When I first got her name, I thought I would unlock the request, but I didn't. Then I did his next rank (8 I think), and gave him a Calling Card, the quest STILL didn't appear on my request list. What gives? Do I just go into Mementos and will it appear?
If I remember correctly you have to meet with the tower again to get the name, I found it strange too.

LotusHD

Banned
It took me 146 hours to beat the game once...

First Persona game, took me like 90-95, forgot exact number

I look at these people with 40+ more hours with me, and I'm like wow...

Did y'all leave your game on for a long time? Use fast travel a lot less? I don't feel that I rushed through anything either.

Just when I think I'm done, the game throws one last gigantic ass tedious dungeon at me. Seriously, I'm so tempted to just call it here.

I know some people like these awkwardly long games, but they could have cut 30 hours off this game and made it better. And that is a fact.

I dunno the appropriate amount of time that could be chopped off, but I see the repetitive text messages, the long palaces, etc., and it's like yea, things could be more tightened up.

decisions

Bit LTTP with this game but I just got to Ryuji's awakening and it seems like a perfect sequel to P4. Also as a huge fan of punk rock the fact that they basically draped the game in punk ethos makes me love it even more.

Super important question:
Is there anywhere I can buy those pants?

Dice//

Banned
- Illusion of choice - Now, Persona 4 may be just as guilty of this as Persona 5, but my God Atlus. Either let me have actual choices or just record the following lines: "okay", "sure", "no problem", and take out 80% of those choices. The choice between "no problem" and "leave it to me" is an utterly pointless "choice", that it's just there to check a box. I fee like if Atlus was the developer of RE:REV2, each time you wanted to go out of a building and get to your next destination you would be given a choice between "we have to live" and "let's survive". NO ATLUS, that's not how you do it. It's okay to tell a linear story that has different endings (like the story in Persona 5). You don't have to hide this by giving the player, completely pointless "choices". It's okay to simply have a choice between "pick up the gun" and "don't use the gun" that will determine your ending, in an otherwise linear game.

First, completely agree about 'confidants in a vacuum'. Shame.

As for this and any other games that do it: I think it's just so you can pick an option that best suits you. If a silent protagonist is supposed to represent the player, then I think the idea is to give a certain set of responses that, even if they don't actually have any weight on anything, still lets you respond how YOU would (and then NPCs giving a sort of response to what you pick).

duckroll

If I remember correctly you have to meet with the tower again to get the name, I found it strange too.

No, I got the name at Rank 7, when he ran back and asked for help. Then I met up with the team in the scene after that and talked about it. Instead of getting the request at that point, I gave him a Calling Card (???) at Rank 8 instead. Since then I think 1-2 days have passed, and I didn't get any phone message or request or anything. It's really weird, so I just went into the Palace.

Bladenic

How exactly are you supposed to get the ultimate fusion weapons when you're only allowed one itemized fusion per day? Aka on the last day now, so I can't do shit. Seems like a weird oversight, I feel like
after Real Igor comes back, those restrictions should've been removed.

Yusuke should be able to make copies of cards on the last day too. Lame.

How am I sitting for my stats? I'm at 9/13.

Charm and Guts are at 4. The others are all at 3 and are almost certainly all close to popping.

I'd say my average on social links is 5 with all them. Some are maxed, but some are also 1. Most are sitting at 4 or 5. I've started every confidant possible at minimum.

My friend told me that that sounds really low. I've done something confidant or stat related every day and I've only spend two days max per palace, so I'm little confused whatelse I could be doing. I slept on the fortune teller until late August though, but I'm going that now.

Bladenic

How am I sitting for my stats? I'm at 9/13.

Charm and Guts are at 4. The others are all at 3 and are almost certainly all close to popping.

I'd say my average on social links is 5 with all them. Some are maxed, but some are also 1. Most are sitting at 4 or 5. I've started every SL possible at minimum.

My friend told me that that sounds really low. I've done something so or stat related every day and I've only spend two days max be palace, so I'm little confused whatelse I could be doing. I slept on the fortune teller until late August though, but I'm going that now.

That does sound low all around. You don't have a single link maxed? I'm pretty sure I had like 4 or 5 maxed by then.

MSMrRound

No, I got the name at Rank 7, when he ran back and asked for help. Then I met up with the team in the scene after that and talked about it. Instead of getting the request at that point, I gave him a Calling Card (???) at Rank 8 instead. Since then I think 1-2 days have passed, and I didn't get any phone message or request or anything. It's really weird, so I just went into the Palace.

As far as I recall, you have to talk to Shinya another time before the target/mission thing will pop up in your request list. I could tackle his mission after doing so. It's not via waiting for a text from Mishima.

PK Gaming

How exactly are you supposed to get the ultimate fusion weapons when you're only allowed one itemized fusion per day? Aka on the last day now, so I can't do shit. Seems like a weird oversight, I feel like
after Real Igor comes back, those restrictions should've been removed.

Yusuke should be able to make copies of cards on the last day too. Lame.

This was infuriating, lol. They better fix that in the remake.

duckroll

As far as I recall, you have to talk to Shinya another time before the target/mission thing will pop up in your request list. I could tackle his mission after doing so. It's not via waiting for a text from Mishima.

As in, talk to him in the arcade normally? Mechanically the Tower is so fucking weird. It feels like everything is more complicated than it needs to be, and that starts with how it is unlocked to begin with.

Lunar15

I maxed all stats! I'll likely finish Fortune confidant as well. That only leaves Haru, Ohya, and Iwai unfinished. Not too shabby for not using a guide.

Late game spoilers question:

I've found the route to Shido's treasure on 11/25 and haven't had an opportunity to build up my bonds with my teammates (I'm now on 12/5). Is this normal? I've only been given options for the other confidants like Iwai, Ohya, etc but none for my teammates.

It is draining me too. I'm around ~74 hours now and I can't wait to finish.

With that being said, I have enjoyed my time with it.

That puzzle aside. You know which one I mean

Guess Who

Banned

I've found the route to Shido's treasure on 11/25 and haven't had an opportunity to build up my bonds with my teammates (I'm now on 12/5). Is this normal? I've only been given options for the other confidants like Iwai, Ohya, etc but none for my teammates.

Once you find the route to the treasure, many confidants won't be available until you do the calling card/boss fight.

pixxxelz

once you secure the route to the treasure your teammates disappear and don't appear again until you take the treasure

zeniselv

that was it, it's weird because I was able to do the request immediately after that.

Rocwell

Just started NG+ the other day and decided to put on the JP voices. Morgana's voice is pretty damn cute. I thought the english dub was pretty great overall and I'm liking the Japanese dub as well.

muteki

Finished 4th palace and working my way through ~25 days of free time afterwards. Starting to get blocked by social stats for several confidants due to neglecting them for so long...not looking forward to grinding those instead of just chugging through confidants.

I probably missed a couple requests because I hardly pay mishima any attention...but I'm going to guess that like P3 and P4s side quests I'm not missing much by skipping them. I'm only bothering with the ones required for confidants and the ones that just show up randomly.

Finished 4th palace and working my way through ~25 days of free time afterwards. Starting to get blocked by social stats for several confidants due to neglecting them for so long...not looking forward to grinding those instead of just chugging through confidants.

I probably missed a couple requests because I hardly pay mishima any attention...but I'm going to guess that like P3 and P4s side quests I'm not missing much by skipping them. I'm only bothering with the ones required for confidants and the ones that just show up randomly.

Unfortunately Mishima's S-Link is gated by some of his requests, so you might be limited on Moon if you missed too many (or the ones who gives you at Rank 4 and 8).

duckroll

If I secure a route to the treasure but don't want to send a calling card yet, can I still do Mementos the next day? Never tried something like that before.

LiK

Fusing Personas can be pretty addictive. Man, was on a roll fusing for the Strength SLink but hit a wall at rank 8 because I'm underleveled atm. Need to grind in Mementos while doing the requests.

If I secure a route to the treasure but don't want to send a calling card yet, can I still do Mementos the next day? Never tried something like that before.

You can do any activity like normal so yes.

Dugna

I think the group bugs you to send the card, but you can try. Reaper farming isn't really needed on a first playthrough.

Finished yesterday.

91 hours. Level 81. Max social stats. Did not get level 10 for all confidants. Think I missed 3 or 4.

Pretty easy on normal difficulty.

True ending.

Absolutely loved it.

Not sure if people do the dungeons immediately, but I did. I went through them within a few days of the mission start.

Seriously considering starting a new game just so I can get max levels for all the confidants since I won't have to worry about social stats anymore.

Oh, and I went with the Japanese audio. What I've heard of the English track, Jesus fucking Christ, it's so bad. Some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard in a game.

Top Bottom