• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Guess Who

Banned
Also, someone pleas explain to me the ending where Sae
had Joker turner himself in at the end and they listed his charges but because they got that witness from the shido incident at the beginning of the game to testify they let joker go
? What?

I wrote a whole bunch of words in the spoiler thread about the ending that go into detail about, among other things, why that happened, and you can read it--

And Sae should've been romanceable. She's the better sister. There I said it.

whoa, hold the fucking phone, buddy. i ain't answering shit now. you done fucked up.

j/k, the post I'm talking about is here

pixxxelz

Lol never saw that.

I wish I could take screenshots. I took a picture on my phone instead but it doesn't look as good. I had a result screen where every single character leveled up as well as about 6 personas. Somehow feels like an accomplishment

I use remote play on my laptop, is kinda of annoying but is the only way to take screenshots unfortunately.

No. Jack Frost is ジャックフロスト, Black Frost is ジャアクフロスト. It's a pun. Jyaaku is "evil" and sounds like Jyakku which is "Jack".

Lol I didn't even notice the different spelling. Lol I thought it was a typo at first.

仕方ない

-Horizon-

I wrote a whole bunch of words in the spoiler thread about the ending that go into detail about, among other things, why that happened, and you can read it--

whoa, hold the fucking phone, buddy. i ain't answering shit now. you done fucked up.

So you're telling me I should get out and vote
for persona 5 for goty
🤔

So I'm close to the final boss now, and I'm wondering if there's a recommended level I should be at or a certain skill I should get to help out. I'm level 68 right now and I just got
out of the Velvet Room and back into the real world
. I assume I've got to push through some enemies to get to the final boss, but I'm worried I'm under leveled, though I didn't struggle with anything before this. Any tips would be appreciated!

Age has not made me mature at all... I giggled way too much.

3I6v9vt.jpg

Opa-Pa

So I'm close to the final boss now, and I'm wondering if there's a recommended level I should be at or a certain skill I should get to help out. I'm level 68 right now and I just got
. I assume I've got to push through some enemies to get to the final boss, but I'm worried I'm under leveled, though I didn't struggle with anything before this. Any tips would be appreciated!

The last stretch before the final boss nets you A LOT of exp, but if you end up around level 75 you should be fine. I grinded for money a little too much there and ended at level 79, but wished I hadn't because the big bad didn't stand a chance, even on Hard.

That was a pretty good analysis.

Guess Who

Banned

I beat the last boss at 71. You'll probably be fine.

Bladenic

Agreed! I just really wanted more vocal tracks from Lyn. Daytime life could have especially used a Lyn track.

Agreed. More vocal tracks always tbh.

I'm sad none of the Tokyo themes are half as good as Your Affection or Heartbeat Heartbreak :( or Iwatodai Dorm or When Moon's Reaching Out Stars

Extremely belated protip: pressing the touchpad button thing in most locations will bring up a screen that shows a few pieces of information, including the average level of the playerbase on your current day.

I believe the average level at that point was 80, but I imagine there are more people pushing up to the level cap than madmen doing low level playthroughs, so the average will naturally be inflated. You're in a good spot.

vypek

I use remote play on my laptop, is kinda of annoying but is the only way to take screenshots unfortunately.

Dammit...I didn't think of this. I was doing remote play on my laptop so I could do mundane stuff while watching TV. Ugh. Lol. Well at least I know for next time

Extremely belated protip: pressing the touchpad button thing in most locations will bring up a screen that shows a few pieces of information, including the average level of the playerbase on your current day.

I believe the average level at that point was 80, but I imagine there are more people pushing up to the level cap than madmen doing low level playthroughs, so the average will naturally be inflated. You're in a good spot.

After mid November the Reaper trick has been available, so that will probably greatly inflate the average level from that point on.

The last stretch before the final boss nets you A LOT of exp, but if you end up around level 75 you should be fine. I grinded for money a little too much there and ended at level 79, but wished I hadn't because the big bad didn't stand a chance, even on Hard.

I beat the last boss at 71. You'll probably be fine.

Thanks for the tips! I was worried I was going to have to grind hard, like I had to do with Persona 4 Golden at the end. Looks like I should be fine :)

Bladenic

Omg I accidentally said (ending spoilers)
not to hand over the probation diary to Sojiro. Does that change anything major? Or no?

Gero

My all star team will consist of Yu/Joker, Rise, Kanji, Ann, Makoto, Akechi, Yusuke, and Naoto

Man, imagine a Persona with those characters as you team and the rest of the cast as confidants...

cj_iwakura

11/24...

Is this the true ending path? I feel like that last interrogation on 11/19 was the branching point.

Dang it, I was liking Akechi's skill lineup too.

I'm a little concerned I missed something.
Just defeated Kamoshida at the palace
and then I think I was supposed to meet up with Ryuji to train or something. I couldn't respond while eating at Leblanc cause story reasons apparently. Was I supposed to reply to meet with him later? I think I went to the Bathhouse or Library instead and the day passed. I'm unable to respond to the previous messages but now Ryuji's at the arcade and I met up with him. Did I do something wrong/miss anything?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Gonna start this soon -- possibly as soon as tomorrow. I heard there are a significantly reduced number of days playable relative to the previous two games, though. Is that true, or did I misunderstand and/or the person was wrong?

I'm a little concerned I missed something.
Just defeated Kamoshida at the palace
and then I think I was supposed to meet up with Ryuji to train or something. I couldn't respond while eating at Leblanc cause story reasons apparently. Was I supposed to reply to meet with him later? I think I went to the Bathhouse or Library instead and the day passed. I'm unable to respond to the previous messages but now Ryuji's at the arcade and I met up with him. Did I do something wrong/miss anything?

Nope, you'll get the chance again.

Gonna start this soon -- possibly as soon as tomorrow. I heard there are a significantly reduced number of days playable relative to the previous two games, though. Is that true, or did I misunderstand and/or the person was wrong?

Complete opposite. You have more time, not less

Guess Who

Banned

There are a lot of days where the story will railroad you through days, preventing you from doing activities. Many people find this annoying. However, there is still plenty of time (more than enough) to social link and do activities (and, in fact, this game is more lenient than P3 or P4 vanilla in terms of getting stuff done in one playthrough), and it's the longest of the Persona games in overall playtime.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

The game gives you more days overall I believe, since it skips less days than P3 and P4.

bunkitz

December 2nd, been in the Palace for quite some time now. Planned to get as far as I can, but I'm going back out to get my fortune read cause I forgot. Got 300,000+ now, I think... Tsk. Unless it doesn't stack with Hifumi's ability, then I've lost a lot of potential money.

Anyway, question about the last Palace.
I know about the "second part" of Palace 7, and I wanted to know when it starts. Does it immediately start after I steal the treasure, or will it only start after the deadline?
Should I hold off stealing the treasure til near the deadline and spend my time with my Confidants instead, or should I finish the Palace ADAP and then spend time with my Confidants while waiting for the deadline? Or will it be just the same either ways?

Guess Who

Banned
December 2nd, been in the Palace for quite some time now. Planned to get as far as I can, but I'm going back out to get my fortune read cause I forgot. Got 300,000+ now, I think... Tsk. Unless it doesn't stack with Hifumi's ability, then I've lost a lot of potential money.

Anyway, question about the last Palace.
I know about the "second part" of Palace 7, and I wanted to know when it starts. Does it immediately start after I steal the treasure, or will it only start after the deadline?
Should I hold off stealing the treasure til near the deadline and spend my time with my Confidants instead, or should I finish the Palace ADAP and then spend time with my Confidants while waiting for the deadline? Or will it be just the same either ways?

Not quite sure what you're talking about in the spoiler in the second paragraph. To answer your broader question,
do the palace as normal. You won't lose any days. However, if you secure a route to the treasure, do the calling card ASAP, as party member confidants will be unavailable until you do.

bunkitz

Not quite sure what you're talking about in the spoiler in the second paragraph. To answer your broader question,
do the palace as normal. You won't lose any days. However, if you secure a route to the treasure, do the calling card ASAP, as party member confidants will be unavailable until you do.

Alright, will do, thanks! And as for the spoiler,
I was referring to "Mementos Depths," I believe it's called? My friend referred to the last dungeon as having two parts, so I'm assuming that's what he was referring to.

Guess Who

Banned
Alright, will do, thanks! And as for the spoiler,
I was referring to "Mementos Depths," I believe it's called? My friend referred to the last dungeon as having two parts, so I'm assuming that's what he was referring to.

That will be effectively the 8th dungeon. The 7th palace, Shido's, is done as normal. However, the deadline for Shido's palace will effectively be your last chance to do confidants, as you won't be able to leave the Mementos Depths once you enter.

duckroll

Huh. Fellow must have been way off-kilter, then, telling me that. Cool, glad to hear it.

No, lots of people really think that. It's basically a matter of "feeling" something rather than actually calculating and comparing. Persona 5 has long stretches which feel really limiting for no reason, and hence it gives an impression that they are holding you back more than previous games, especially since most people played the "previous games" centuries ago. It's not true, but it is true that when playing, P5 feels more restrictive at times than what the player would be comfortable with.

bunkitz

That will be effectively the 8th dungeon. The 7th palace, Shido's, is done as normal. However, the deadline for Shido's palace will effectively be your last chance to do confidants, as you won't be able to leave the Mementos Depths once you enter.

Oh. Shit. Okay, thanks for the heads up!

LiK

Man, Sojiro and Yusuke's SLinks are my fave. Probably the best written and well thought out compared to the majority of the other ones. Still need to complete some more but they rank pretty high for me.

kiaaa

Just found out using Temperance for making tools doesn't count towards trophy. I think I used her for some of the more expensive tools, too.

Zephyx

Completed the game @ ~114 hours. I played the whole day yesterday for about 15 hours from 12/10 til the end. The dungeon crawling was not so bad but it gets tiresome when you're playing for 10 hours straight.

Loved the ending and I wonder how they will go with this. I don't think an extended version will add anything to the plot unless they plan to add post-game content not related to the main story. It seems to me that (ending spoilers)
almost all plot threads were resolved nicely except Morgana coming back and how the god of control came to be in the first place.

ramyeon

Completed the game @ ~114 hours. I played the whole day yesterday for about 15 hours from 12/10 til the end. The dungeon crawling was not so bad but it gets tiresome when you're playing for 10 hours straight.

Loved the ending and I wonder how they will go with this. I don't think an extended version will add anything to the plot unless they plan to add post-game content not related to the main story. It seems to me that (ending spoilers)
almost all plot threads were resolved nicely except Morgana coming back and how the god of control came to be in the first place.
Yaldabaoth was willed into existence from the cognition of the public due to their apathy. It was definitely explained and is pretty much a central theme of the game.

Zephyx

Just found out using Temperance for making tools doesn't count towards trophy. I think I used her for some of the more expensive tools, too.

I crafted my Eternal Lockpick using Temperance and didn't get the trophy :(

Yaldabaoth was willed into existence from the cognition of the public due to their apathy. It was definitely explained and is pretty much a central theme of the game.

From my understanding, he was the Treasure of humanity that was materialized by human cognition due to their sloth, like you said. He became a god because people wanted someone to control and decide for them. My line of thinking was he was already existing in some form and it just happened to align with the wishes of humans so that's what made him appear. It's not clear cut how he existed in the first place aside from the explanation that he is really a god that was summoned (or willed into existence) by human cognition. It's also a mystery how he came into contact with the Velvet room and was able to take Igor captive as normal people don't even have knowledge of the room existing.

kiaaa

Oh, motherfucker. I'm like 3 days off max all confidants on my first playthrough and these finals are going to ruin it.

RalchAC

It's something like:

Humanity goes down the wrong path.
The Cognitive World is created along Yaldabaoth, which is the Treasure of the public.
The Cognitive World gets stronger.
Yaldabaoth decides to challenge Igor to a game that will decide the fate of humanity.
He cheats, traps Igor and throws the Velvet Room in the Depths of Mementos. Lavenza is turned into the twins.
The people whose distorted desires don't align with the rest of the cognitive world are thrown into their own Palaces.
Some time around here Wakaba researches about the Cognitive World, her works are stolen, she dies (because of Akechi) and all that. Shido starts his conspirancy

That's some kinda timeline for P5 as far as I can remember.

I did the exp grind exploit with
reaper flu
and I don't feel bad about it

I'm still poor af though. Maybe I should have grind money and then exp. It's gonna be harder now that I basically one shot everything. On second thought I made a huge mistake.

bunkitz

The DLC Personas don't count towards compendium completion, right?

Also, do the DLC costumes take effect outside of the Metaverse? Would love to be able to pick my gang's outfits.

Top Bottom