• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Jintor

valentine's

Oh man makoto's little awks hand gesture when she enters le blanc... my god

the animation upgrades on the in-world character modelling are sooooooo goooooood

Palace 7 boss fight:

The unenlightened masses
They cannot make the judgment call
Give up free will forever their voices won’t be heard at all

anddo0

How are people beating this in under 100 hours; guides?

I'm at the 3rd dungeon boss at 70 hours (played, my in game counter says 85, but that includes a ton of idol time and fusing etc..)

I admittedly tried to do way too much too early. So my playtime is somewhat inflated.

Fucking hell I just realized you can press R1 to switch between various pages when you craft tools on your work desk.

And here I am wondering why the hell the trophy for crafting tools are not appearing when I crafted Eternal Lockpick.

Also no wonder the Sunday TV shops mostly sells trash, since apparently you can also buy stuff from
Persona 3's Tanaka.

Also you can actually switch cameras by pressing directional buttons up and down.

Had no idea you could do some of these things; crafting tools tab, how did I not notice this?

LiK

^ no guides. I played it blind and finished it in 90 hours. Of course, I missed out on maxing some Confidants and didn't finish all Requests.

Have I messed up on the max all confidant links. Maxed near all ranks available except story related ones yet can't seem to progress the moon arcana to 10. Done all requests that are available to me.

moon 10 will lock until dungeon 7 is complete i think

I see. Will start that dungeon now because I've missed a few trophies on my second run unfortunately such as beat all requests but will at least try to get max all confidants since that's the biggest hassle.

Won't be bothering with the rest of the trophies for a while. Beaten the game twice and will probably come back to it with a guide in the future.

SOLDIER

This is a bit off-topic, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

So I tried the Crossword Puzzle in the game, and I had a lot of fun figuring out the correct answers. I also liked how you would get information on the main word, its origin and so on.

I was wondering if there was an iOS app or website that was similarly structured. I would be down for doing a daily/weekly crossword on my iPad at work, especially if it offered the same information that P5 does for its crosswords.

Help me to raise my Knowledge stat for reals.

Sciel

Have I messed up on the max all confidant links. Maxed near all ranks available except story related ones yet can't seem to progress the moon arcana to 10. Done all requests that are available to me.
moon 10 will lock until dungeon 7 is complete i think
I've maxed Moon on my NG+ by Late November. This is without going into
Palace 7
yet.

Have you done your requests?

Spoilers through 11/30, complaint about the writing in a scene.

The exposition scene between Akechi and Shido in his office has to be the worst writing in the entire game. They just stare into space while telling each other exactly what they've been doing up to that point besides being already completely aware of that. You can't even call it a conversation or reminiscence since they're barely reacting to each other. Feels like it was written as two inner monologues that were cut up and thrown together, really horrible. Phew, needed to get that off my chest.

That was horrible indeed, thank god the other scenes are cool

I've maxed Moon on my NG+ by Late November. This is without going into
Palace 7
yet.

Have you done your requests?

When I check requests they've all been completed. The last one I beat was at the barrier before the next zone. Can't remember the name of it since I'm out right now. Guess I'm missing on the max confidants since I've maxed everyone else. Haven't done any job related requests but none of them have appeared on my request so I either missed the message.

Lusankya

The exposition scene between Akechi and Shido in his office has to be the worst writing in the entire game. They just stare into space while telling each other exactly what they've been doing up to that point besides being already completely aware of that. You can't even call it a conversation or reminiscence since they're barely reacting to each other. Feels like it was written as two inner monologues that were cut up and thrown together, really horrible. Phew, needed to get that off my chest.

Yeah, stereotypical exposition dump. I wish they would have played this scene for laughs and not so straight.

DukeBobby

The Devil confidant seems like it's only worth doing for completionist's sake or if you desperately need Charm points (which is the easiest stat to raise anyway).

The abilities she unlocks seem to be completely useless, and I can't say I'm a fan of the character. I've still got a few confidants left to unlock, but it's the only one I've been putting off for as long as possible.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell fuck boss 3 and his stupid fear gas on hard aaaaaah

I don't use MC's SP for attacks, it's for party wide buffs and debuffs. And what are you talking about bosses can absolutely be weakened.

Yes, I realized that after reaching certain level Joker has been the party's main shaman.

Buffs and debuffs are so important in boss fights, Joker wouldn't stop casting them.

nOoblet16

Which is why it's weird that he talks only in some scenes (where him not having a voice would have been weird) and has voiced dialogues in gameplay. They should have made him completely voiced, he already has a lot of personality of his own so the blank slate reasoning is pointless.

Chorazin

Maxed out Ryuji during the free time between Palace Four and the conclusion. That dude is such a great bro, felt good to help him and help him realize his place in the world.

Got to 9 with Sun as well, hopefully I can finish that before this is over and have one less Confidant to worry about. Also need to spend more time with Death to max it, I got the discount but MC has a thing for older punk rock chicks!

nOoblet16

At least Ann is good with English, she has a bright future as a model.

Ryuji, in the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a Yakuza. His only skill, yelling, would be useful in that line of work.
You know what? You are right, he would totally end up as a Yakuza. If his legs werent fucked up he would've been an athlete though.

He talk in some cutscenes too.

I'm over 60 hours, just beat the 5th dungeon and I'm lv 46.

My stats are all at lv 4, proficiency is maxed.

I have time until the next event ends, so I'll be maxing the rest of my stats and then go rank up some confidants.

I think I'll get romantic with the priestess.

I'm missing two confidants, I think. One is about to open up after the story moves forward.

Gotta look for that last one!

Good times so far.

Zolo

Late September and I've worked at the flower shop 3 times with no text from Mishima. Guessing I've just missed it at this point.

Ugh. In a game with otherwise so many great moments, this one is just dreadful. No excuse.

zelhawks37

Eh I didnt mind personally. Bad guys recollecting and gloating about their plan. Typical villain stuff. :)

Kalentan

Which is why it's weird that he talks only in some scenes (where him not having a voice would have been weird) and has voiced dialogues in gameplay. They should have made him completely voiced, he already has a lot of personality of his own so the blank slate reasoning is pointless.

I would be up for it. Plus it's not like every choice needs to be voiced, since some are just actions.

Like you said, he already has a lot of personality on his own, you see that in the dialogue options in how they paint the MC in a particular way. They aren't 'vague' enough to give no definitive personality.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How many times do you have to work for these
memento missions info
? Did it twice and mona still says i need to do more, seems like a waste of time that should bw spent on other things :(

Thud

At least Ann is good with English, she has a bright future as a model.

Ryuji, in the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a Yakuza. His only skill, yelling, would be useful in that line of work.

Ryuuji will be a PE teacher in Persona 5 Colosseum.

Don't be so hard on Ryuji, he feels like a different person when you build up his social link, almost likeable

I'm actually surprise that the game is
still letting me do social links after
beating the 7th boss.

Really ? I have a question
can you get social links from your comrades late this month ?

Top Bottom