• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Don't be so hard on Ryuji, he feels like a different person when you build up his social link, almost likeable

Really ? I have a question
can you get social links from your comrades late this month ?

Idk about that since I already maxed all of my teammates but I was able to do them during December before I beat the palace. Right now im at 12/22 and still doing confidants.

Chorazin

The prompt happens right before you'd put the items in. It's weirdly arranged.

It also has to be evening, but IIRC Morgana mentions that.

Also on nights she's working. (Unless you can eventually call her whenever, she still has to be working for me to get my laundry done.)

It might cost 5k but the armor I've been getting from that has been awesome, it's a bargain when you have three or four items to wash. Even trash stuff will sell for at least half that so money isn't a issue.

First minute of Yusuke on the game and I already want to punch him in the face.

His first minutes are not the greatest, to be honest I was also disappointed by him early in the game.

It's my favorite character in the series now

Idk about that since I already maxed all of my teammates but I was able to do them during December before I beat the palace. Right now im at 12/22 and still doing confidants.

What confidant can you tell me ?

The Devil confidant seems like it's only worth doing for completionist's sake or if you desperately need Charm points (which is the easiest stat to raise anyway).

The abilities she unlocks seem to be completely useless, and I can't say I'm a fan of the character. I've still got a few confidants left to unlock, but it's the only one I've been putting off for as long as possible.

This is where I'm at as well. Security levels in dungeons seems like such a non-issue that I haven't moved her past Rank 1. Too much other stuff to do.

His first minutes are not the greatest, to be honest I was also disappointed by him early in the game.

It's my favorite character in the series now

Yeah same. I didn't like him that much when he was first introduced but after he joins your party he quickly became one of my favorite characters.

Zolo

Okay. Figured out I just missed the flower shop memento from missing the text. Hmm.....I could reload back to late august from late september. Shouldn't be that bad since I completed the dungeon there and only went into Mementos once. Can also just skip through the text.

What confidant can you tell me ?

I just did the Devil and the day before that I did the Tower. Looking at my map, I can see all of my confidants popping up like normal so I'm pretty sure there's no restriction on who you can level up. At least after you beat the palace.

I'm just gonna say it, even though I haven't finished the game or his Confidant: Yusuke is a GOAT-tier party member. There's Minsc & Boo, HK-47, Wrex, and now Yusuke.

Chorazin

I'm just gonna say it, even though I haven't finished the game or his Confidant: Yusuke is a GOAT-tier party member. There's Minsc & Boo, HK-47, Wrex, and now Yusuke.

I guess I need to level up with him more, because I don't get the love for him. I mean, he's FINE but not in that company for me. But I have plenty of game to go and time to get to know him better.

Am I the only one who feels like MC is really shallow? Like, even Yu Narukami had more thoughts and opinions than MC in this game. I feel like the whole Joker stuff fall pretty flat because of this, cause MC feels more like a vehicle for Morgana (and side character in story parts) than an actual leader of Phantom Thieves.

I've only played up to the 4th palace, so I might feel different later on.

I think im at 27 hours. about to start the 3rd dungeon. As i progress in the confidants the characters are getting much more interesting/likable.

I'm at 32 hours, just done palace three. Having a lot of trouble building motivation to play the game, knowing I've got like probably 8/9 more in-game months to play through. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the length of the game and the deadlines and stuff.

I like it, but I find playing it strangely tiring and demotivating. How do you fight this? I had the same thing with Persona 3 and 4, I generally get 3-5 months in and stop playing every time I try.

Last boss spoilers:
Phy reflect. Excuse me while I jump off the nearest cliff. I fucking swear at the beginning of this dungeon I was struck by the thought "What if I run into a Phy reflect boss, I just got rid of the skill that breaks that." I think I may have to go back to the day before because this is going to be a struggle.

abundant

Having finished the 5th Palace, I now know why people think it's the worst Palace in the game. It got to the point that I had to put the game down when I thought I had reached the end, only to find out that there was still more to do.

nOoblet16

Am I the only one who feels like MC is really shallow? Like, even Yu Narukami had more thoughts and opinions than MC in this game. I feel like the whole Joker stuff fall pretty flat because of this, cause MC feels more like a vehicle for Morgana (and side character in story parts) than an actual leader of Phantom Thieves.

I've only played up to the 4th palace, so I might feel different later on.
Yes cause this is the most developed MC in a Persona game as far as personality goes.

Last boss spoilers:
Phy reflect. Excuse me while I jump off the nearest cliff. I fucking swear at the beginning of this dungeon I was struck by the thought "What if I run into a Phy reflect boss, I just got rid of the skill that breaks that." I think I may have to go back to the day before because this is going to be a struggle.

what exactly are you fighting? it's just the first part of the battle where he's PHYS reflect, (he will change during the battle, you don't need to drop all his life for the change to happen)

Ramma2

In the first dungeon I died to a mid boss and it gave me the option to restart the battle or reload from the safe room. Later on I died to some guards and it only let me restart from the safe room and I lost like an hour of playtime. Can you only restart at the battle once in a dungeon or is it a boss fight mechanic only?

In the first dungeon I died to a mid boss and it gave me the option to restart the battle or reload from the safe room. Later on I died to some guards and it only let me restart from the safe room and I lost like an hour of playtime. Can you only restart at the battle once in a dungeon or is it a boss fight mechanic only?

bosses only

zelas

I was listening to Waypoint Radio last week and they talked about how certain story aspects were based on specific occurrences that have happened in Japan. Can anyone show me some examples beyond the Kamoshida stuff? I'm personally not concerned about spoilers but spoiler tag if you think they give away specific plot points.

Thud

MC isn't the ultimate savior. There are perfectly capable characters that support him that aren't stupid.

If you look at Persona 4, it's a wonder they even know how to breathe air.

Some shitty proof pics I took. Thanks atlus for disabling shareplay :/

http://imgur.com/a/ynmDA
http://imgur.com/a/Hn6Tw
http://imgur.com/a/PBmTq
http://imgur.com/a/e8iPO

Thanks man, now I can plan better and maybe get the full max rank

MC isn't the ultimate savior. There are perfectly capable characters that support him that aren't stupid.

If you look at Persona 4, it's a wonder they even know how to breathe air.

Naoto can handle himself pretty well and Yosuke is clearly not dumb, he is just immature sometimes

Having finished the 5th Palace, I now know why people think it's the worst Palace in the game. It got to the point that I had to put the game down when I thought I had reached the end, only to find out that there was still more to do.

I just started it last night. It's even longer than the 3rd Palace?

Aenima

Only if you die fighting a boss you can restart the boss Battle. Everething else you need to restart from last save point.

Dee Dee

I had the same thing happen. It seems to apply to fights categorized as boss fights only.

This is the first Persona game I am playing, and the way they drain you out of time as a ressource is super stressful. I can not buy items since I am alway low on Yen, and can't unlock perks as I am alway low on time, and going into a dungeon without good skills, items or equipment is another waste of time.

Not sure I can keep going with this, might switch to 7th Dragon III and just dungeon crawl all I want.

I had the same thing happen. It seems to apply to fights categorized as boss fights only.

This is the first Persona game I am playing, and the way they drain you out of time as a ressource is super stressful. I can not buy items since I am alway low on Yen, and can't unlock perks as I am alway low on time, and going into a dungeon without good skills, items or equipment is another waste of time.

Not sure I can keep going with this, might switch to 7th Dragon III and just dungeon crawl all I want.
these are resource management games for dungeon crawling. If you want to plow through a dungeon in one go you need to properly prepare. Collecting as many SP items from vending machines as possible, and getting a few rank ups before going in so you have things like Baton Pass. Or get the doctor to rank 7, buy 4 SP 3 accessories, and never need SP healing again.

Thanks man, now I can plan better and maybe get the full max rank

NP, keep in mind that there are
exams
during this period as well, and some of them take the whole day too. Right now I think I'm approaching end game at
12/23
so I don't know if i'll still be able to level them up during this period but who knows with this game.

abundant

I just started it last night. It's even longer than the 3rd Palace?

It feels like it mainly because the Palace teaches you 3 new puzzles that you then have to do several times. Think of it like doing the PIN puzzles, plus 2 different puzzles . It becomes extremely tedious if you try and do it all at once with no breaks.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
After you hit Hierophant rank 8,
how do you go into Mementos alone to change Futaba's uncle's heart?

Ydelnae

If this is the first Persona game some of you are playing, set the difficulty to Safety/Easy and do not attempt to complete dungeons in one day.

My first persona game was P3P and I couldn't complete most of the Social Links and my time management was pretty bad. I couldn't complete the dungeon portions in one go at first but I learned to be more efficient as I played the game.

That said, the first dungeon was the most difficult the game has gotten for me, since you lack resources. It opens up right after it.

Top Bottom