• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

cj_iwakura

Madarame is kicking my ass. :(

Yeah, he's one of the tougher shadow fights. Try to keep them Tarunda'd.

For the final boss...
i just killed them as they spawned with 2 of my 4 party members who wouldn't be reflected and had the remaining deeps the boss until it got to 4 arm mode near the end. Then it was a dps race,
which I won.

The arms did laughable damage to my team. I had Marakukaja up the whole time and it was like a kitten swiping at a tank. As soon as they appeared, Haru rained bullets and blew them away.

She takes a while to get to that point. She can't Baton Pass until you progress further into her Confidant (which isn't an option for everyone) and her initial skillset is pretty average, so she's nothing special when you get her initially.

At her peak, she's definitely amazing. Triple Down is flat out the highest damage dealing move for your party outside of Charge/Concentrate, and One Shot Skill is obviously insanely good for minibosses. Dunno why people mess around with Tetrakarn/Marakarn. Those skills are useless.

Not as useless as Tetrabreak and Marabreak, even a hypothetical Karnbreak would be mostly useless, for the same reason that Repel is generally worse than Drain in Persona except for Physical (especially if Pierce exists and Repel still blocks it as per normal).

Would I need to follow a guide in order to get a platinum in New Game+? I already maxed my social stats, have a ton of money, but I'm assuming I have to still get all confidants to Max in the second play-through (not just the ones I missed)?

Correct about still needing to max everyone but the carry over bonuses from the ones you maxed before can give you a lot of leeway on when to rank up some people beyond the establishment (since you get nearly all of their bonuses straight away for some of them).

The Christmas Eve item can be a bit of a help too, if you spent it with someone with one of the harder Confidants (like Kawakami).

But if you've maxed social stats and know the correct dialogue choices you'll have no problems at all.

I did a near optimal first playthrough (used a guide and then tweaked it to make use of Fortune and get all the Hawaii scenes) and had a week and a half to burn at the end by
12/23
I was at the point of doing my own laundry to pass time.

PK Gaming

Madarame is kicking my ass. :(

Physical attacks that target all enemies work great here. Yusuke / Ryuji / (Ann or Morgana) is a good set up.
Stock up on powerful healing items from Takemi's store, especially if you don't plan on using Morgana for healing.
Spam physical attacks to kill most of the portraits, ignoring the physical attack-immune portrait.
Wail on the physical attack-immune portrait with magic. Using Ann's Tarunda can help mitigate damage.
Make sure Ryuji has Rampage and Yusuke with Vicious Strike.
Fuse Matador, because it picks up Swift Strike, an AMAZING physical that targets all enemies.

Ambient80

Physical attacks that target all enemies work great here. Yusuke / Ryuji / (Ann or Morgana) is a good set up.
Stock up on powerful healing items from Takemi's store, especially if you don't plan on using Morgana for healing.
Spam physical attacks to kill most of the portraits, ignoring the physical attack-immune portrait alive.
Wail on the physical attack-immune portrait with magic. Using Ann's Tarunda can help mitigate damage.
Make sure Ryuji has Rampage and Yusuke with Vicious Strike.
Fuse Matador, because it picks up Swift Strike, an AMAZING physical that targets all enemies.

VICTORY!!!

Thank you all, MAN that was a tough fight. I may lock up that swift strike still.

Bluecondor

I'll try to avoid spoilers, but are there any strategies for making it through 12/24 when you had no idea what was coming?

While I won't ruin the story for anyone, I just wish that I had known that I needed to stock up. I had no clue and the story gives you no warning whatsoever.

I love this game, but this is really annoying. I'm actually worried that I won't be able to make it past this. Even if the game first put you in the classroom after school on 12/24, I could have at least went to Airsoft and the Clinic.

Guess Who

Banned
I'll try to avoid spoilers, but are there any strategies for making it through 12/24 when you had no idea what was coming?

While I won't ruin the story for anyone, I just wish that I had known that I needed to stock up. I had no clue and the story gives you no warning whatsoever.

I love this game, but this is really annoying. I'm actually worried that I won't be able to make it past this. Even if the game first put you in the classroom after school on 12/24, I could have at least went to Airsoft and the Clinic.

You can still go to the Airsoft Shop and Clinic while you're still in "normal" Mementos.

Also, once you reach the depths, Caroline will heal you (both HP and SP) at the entrance, which you can warp back to/from in safe rooms.

I thought the completion time in that OP was like an exaggeration but holy fuck it took me like a hundred and 6 hours. Best game of the year for me so far and that's high praise since i was sure I'd never p!ay a turn based rpg that could hold my attention again.

Anyways i want to ng+ for story deets on confidants​ but I don't know if the time investment will be worth it.

Too bad the final battle music wasn't as good as what proceeded it.

cj_iwakura

I thought the completion time in that OP was like an exaggeration but holy fuck it took me like a hundred and 6 hours. Best game of the year for me so far and that's high praise since i was sure I'd never p!ay a turn based rpg that could hold my attention again.

Anyways i want to ng+ for story deets on confidants​ but I don't know if the time investment will be worth it.

Too bad the final battle music wasn't as good as what proceeded it.

That was the case in P4 too.

I love playing with persona 4 bgm dlc!!! So good. I'm just loving NG+ in general: how OP as fffuuuuccckkk I am (level 99 Satan lol), playing in silly costumes like the swimsuits, teddy Morgana is legit, also I'm using Japanese voices this time.

It's so rare for me to play a game twice like this but I'm super enjoying the more relaxed and "for funsies" aspect of my second playgthrough. I might get the P3 bgm dlc too! "baby baby baby baby baby"

I love playing with persona 4 bgm dlc!!! So good. I'm just loving NG+ in general: how OP as fffuuuuccckkk I am (level 99 Satan lol), playing in silly costumes like the swimsuits, teddy Morgana is legit, also I'm using Japanese voices this time.

It's so rare for me to play a game twice like this but I'm super enjoying the more relaxed and "for funsies" aspect of my second playgthrough. I might get the P3 bgm dlc too! "baby baby baby baby baby"

I was surprised how much Hard is dialed up. I hit a pixie in Kamoshida's castle with the Misericorde and didn't 1 hit it (still using Arsene at the time).

Damn.

So you just go into mementos during those times and wait for him to appear? At what level is it reasonable to fight him?

Also, how do I access the gym?

Yeah just wait, Morgana will tell you when he appears.

Level doesn't really matter, just enter when it's Flu season(11/13, 11/14, 11/15, 12/8, 12/9) and guard till he kills himself. It's good to have the ability so you have 100% success rate with escaping in case he isn't inflicted with Despair.

Might have to reload an earlier save, I ran out of Mementos bosses to use the cash exploit on and I really want to Platinum the game on this playthrough!

BBboy20

Sold out forever. If you see an offer for gifts on the TV channel on Sunday, don't say no!
So, I have to statigize on which gifts to give or not give? If so, I may only try giving one gift per friend.

And I always buy TV stuff. ;)

Fortune's Rank 1 (Luck Reading) is extremely useful for boosting social stats though. 50% boost to points is nuts.
I think I know who you are referring to. Shit, I need to get on that shit.

Speak of the devil, they're two gifts on TV right now!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Damn.

So you just go into mementos during those times and wait for him to appear? At what level is it reasonable to fight him?

Also, how do I access the gym?

Apparently level 30 is not reasonable to fight him - even in NG+, given that he killed the entire squad with one Maziodyne. :/

It's not subtle when he appears, the description says you'll hear the sound of chains when you've been on one floor for too long - what actually happens is you hear chains, red lighting appears, and Morgana tells you to get out.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble accessing the gym, the only thing might be that you need to visit it through Ryuji's social link before it lets you go on your own?

vypek

In the home stretch of the game. Have most of the compendium done. Just need to bring the fool s-link to rank 10. My characters are pretty powerful. In new game+ I should try to use buffs and debuffs more often. I wish a gem had party wide stuff cause I have a persona I want to place those on. Maybe I can get those from somewhere else? Maybe skill card or different persona.

Having a lot of fun still and get why people are saying they don't want it to end when they are at this point. Haha.

Apparently level 30 is not reasonable to fight him - even in NG+, given that he killed the entire squad with one Maziodyne. :/

It's not subtle when he appears, the description says you'll hear the sound of chains when you've been on one floor for too long - what actually happens is you hear chains, red lighting appears, and Morgana tells you to get out.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble accessing the gym, the only thing might be that you need to visit it through Ryuji's social link before it lets you go on your own?

I see, thanks.

Maybe that's it, I've been putting Ryuji on hold in favor of other confidants, when I try to enter the gym Moragana tells me its cheaper to train at home.

Can anyone please do a quick recap on the money exploit? I remember reading about it many pages back but I forgot how it works, I was still very early in the game at the time.

GeeTeeCee

How many requests should I try and build up before I go into Mementos? I'm sitting on 2 or 3 different requests right now and I don't know if it's worth waiting for a few more requests to turn up before completing them in one go.

LiK

How many requests should I try and build up before I go into Mementos? I'm sitting on 2 or 3 different requests right now and I don't know if it's worth waiting for a few more requests to turn up before completing them in one go.

You can save up as much as you want. They won't ever expire except before a point of no return. There are a few you'll want to complete as soon as possible because they're related to
Confidants.

Lunar15

It's no Nevermore or Kimu no Kioku, but With the Stars and Us is still really, really good. Lyn kills it.

I get sad when I listen to it, so it's doing its job.

I'm likely in post-game glow, but the ending left me in such a positive mood that I'm really really happy with the whole game. I genuinely like so much of it, for all of its flaws.

LiK

It's no Nevermore or Kimu no Kioku, but With the Stars and Us is still really, really good. Lyn kills it.

I get sad when I listen to it, so it's doing its job.

I'm likely in post-game glow, but the ending left me in such a positive mood that I'm really really happy with the whole game. I genuinely like so much of it, for all of its flaws.

I don't even remember it. I'll relisten to it but it def didn't hit me as hard as Nevermore did. Nevermore just gives me the feels.

Lunar15

Ok, relistening to it now. Yea, not quite as impactful to me as Nevermore did.

Can't say I disagree, but I still really like it.

The real disappointment was the final boss music. Just doesn't hold a candle to 3 or 4's final themes. Well, except for The Genesis, which I still really don't like.

muteki

Palace 5

So in terms of party members, what are Haru's strengths? I've been using Ann,
Makoto, and Yusuke for a while and wonder whether I should replace someone with Haru.
I've been using Ann, Makoto, and Haru as most of the enemies I have encountered are weak to Fire, Psi, Nuke, or Guns.

I have what looks like one more section to go on this palace, it is lengthy but not excessively so I think, unless something unexpected happens.

Lunar15

Just entered palace 7.

I know people hate how long this one is so just so I know...what am I looking at here? 6 hours? 8 hours?

I personally felt 5 was longer. It's just that this one has one more version of the same puzzle than it should. It's a pretty cool dungeon, all things considered.

vypek

The puzzles didn't seem to bad to me there. They felt more time consuming due to the size of the areas that the puzzle affected.

LiK

The puzzles didn't seem to bad to me there. They felt more time consuming due to the size of the areas that the puzzle affected.

My only issue is that enemies re spawned. I never once got caught, though.

Yup, it's just tedious with all the backtracking etc. I decided to just use a video guide with my NG+ run to get through it asap. Even then, it was fairly time consuming. Good boss fights tho.

Zesh

Just entered palace 7.

I know people hate how long this one is so just so I know...what am I looking at here? 6 hours? 8 hours?

It was about 4 hours my first time through, so probably about an hour longer than the average dungeon.

Yup, it's just tedious with all the backtracking etc. I decided to just use a video guide with my NG+ run to get through it asap. Even then, it was fairly time consuming. Good boss fights tho.

You never really have to backtrack for more than about 20 seconds, though.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Third palace down. Seemed shorter and easier than the previous ones, though I think it's also because I'm starting to get good skills and equipment by this point. The
Invigorate 3 patch you get from Takemi costs an arm, but it's so worth it.

The music in this palace is fucking awesome. Probably one of my favorite tracks in the game so far, besides the main theme that plays at the beginning of the game and during final palace runs.

Top Bottom