• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Oh god I've spent 4 nights already grinding for Almighty Amp, this is going to drive me nuts! It's the last of the three exclusive network skills >_<

Holy shit Palace 5 is tedious. It's just been one annoying unfun mechanic after another. I think I'm almost at the end but I have no idea how to do this final thing.

Holy shit Palace 5 is tedious. It's just been one annoying unfun mechanic after another. I think I'm almost at the end but I have no idea how to do this final thing.

Had to restart from the last save room to reset the area and consult a guide in order to get through that last area. =\ Man that was irritating.

Gbraga

I think I may finish
Palace 7
tomorrow.

How many more hours do I have after that until the end?

Also,
is there a lot of gameplay after I make my choice between the Normal and True Ending? Trying to figure out if I want to see both in-game or just go for the True Ending and watch the Normal Ending on youtube.

I kind of hate the game at this point, but I've played it for so long that I want to see how it ends.

PK Gaming

I think I may finish
Palace 7
tomorrow.

How many more hours do I have after that until the end?

Also,
is there a lot of gameplay after I make my choice between the Normal and True Ending? Trying to figure out if I want to see both in-game or just go for the True Ending and watch the Normal Ending on youtube.

I kind of hate the game at this point, but I've played it for so long that I want to see how it ends.

You're already locked into the True End

Guess Who

Banned
For those of you used to Persona 4:

There is no "good" versus "true" ending in P5 like P4 had (or even "true" vs "truer" like P4G had). There is one good end, and a variety of bad ends.

BTA

Spent like 2 entire hours mindlessly (beyond using the calculator) fusing to complete my Compendium. I'm at 96% and I guess that's the furthest I can get without getting the treasure demons I missed + the confidants I didn't max.

Now, uh. I have a ton of high level Personas filling up my stock but not all of them are really worth keeping around. Soooo time to actually try to assemble something that has type coverage so I can head towards the end of the game?

Spent like 2 entire hours mindlessly (beyond using the calculator) fusing to complete my Compendium. I'm at 96% and I guess that's the furthest I can get without getting the treasure demons I missed + the confidants I didn't max.

Now, uh. I have a ton of high level Personas filling up my stock but not all of them are really worth keeping around. Soooo time to actually try to assemble something that has type coverage so I can head towards the end of the game?

If you've fused 96% of the compendium, then you probably don't need type coverage lol Just bulldoze that shit.

BTA

If you have 96% of the Compendium Charge + Hassou Tobi is the solution to most of your problems.

Here's a dumb question: are the multiple hit physicals usually worth it? Because I was thinking of that exact combo a couple hours ago (and actually should probably swap another physical focused Persona that I have just because they were already in my stock to do it), but early on didn't really know if it was worth using them over a higher ranked physical so I haven't touched them much.

I was going to ask if there was a good Persona to use for buffs/debuffs since I really lack those on the team I worked out, but if I'm really that overpowered, I guess that's not really a concern.

Reset

Just started the game a a day or two ago, and I just finished the first dungeon. That dungeon felt as long as an end game Persona 4 dungeon. hope the future dungeons are shorter. :|
Oh and the constant time skip is annoying.

Bladenic

Just started the game a a day or two ago, and I just finished the first dungeon. That dungeon felt as long as an end game Persona 4 dungeon. hope the future dungeons are shorter. :|

They are not. However, you'll be able to better manage your resources (i.e. SP) and doing a dungeon in a single day becomes far more doable. Not only that, but the first dungeon had so many parts of the characters going in and then out and in and out before you actually get to the real gameplay that it got really annoying.

LotusHD

Banned

giphy.gif

Reset

Yeah was hoping it was this long just because it was teaching you the tutorial. If I get bored again halfway through for the second dungeon, I think I'll just end up lowering the difficulty so I can just quickly finish them.

Here's a dumb question: are the multiple hit physicals usually worth it? Because I was thinking of that exact combo a couple hours ago (and actually should probably swap another physical focused Persona that I have just because they were already in my stock to do it), but early on didn't really know if it was worth using them over a higher ranked physical so I haven't touched them much.

I was going to ask if there was a good Persona to use for buffs/debuffs since I really lack those on the team I worked out, but if I'm really that overpowered, I guess that's not really a concern.

Multi-hit physical attacks are super good, and Hassou Toubi is the superest goodest - arguably the most powerful skill in the game.

It can still be fun to assemble a dream team, even if it's going to be a cakewalk.

BTA

Yeah was hoping it was this long just because it was teaching you the tutorial. If I get bored again halfway through for the second dungeon, I think I'll just end up lowering the difficulty so I can just quickly finish them.

I've found the later dungeons to be shorter (and easier), myself (on Normal). But I also relied on SP accessories so much that I always did them in a single day if possible, which probably helped.

Mikhal

Is there any mementos missions after December? I have a feeling I should have unlocked the trophy by now... All my confidants just finally maxed out.

The last mission I did was that producer where you fight Mara. I did the mission that you get from working at the bar and flower shop that was hinted at in the game. Is there any more from working?

Is there any mementos missions after December? I have a feeling I should have unlocked the trophy by now... All my confidants just finally maxed out.

The last mission I did was that producer where you fight Mara. I did the mission that you get from working at the bar and flower shop that was hinted at in the game. Is there any more from working?

The producer is the last one to unlock (it's like 12/8 or after Shido's heart is taken whichever is last). You've missed something somewhere.

Unless you've got missing Confidants ? Mishima gives one at Rank 8 and most non-combat Confidants have one at 7 or 8.

Mikhal

The producer is the last one to unlock (it's like 12/8 or after Shido's heart is taken whichever is last). You've missed something somewhere.

Unless you've got missing Confidants ? Mishima gives one at Rank 8 and most non-combat Confidants have one at 7 or 8.

ALL my confidants are maxed. That should say how far I am. I just maxed out Fool and saved. I guess I'll have to find a list somewhere and compare. Might have to load up an old save to do them. I read that some missions can be glitched out if I max out Moon too fast. Hope that's not the case. Ugh.

ALL my confidants are maxed. That should say how far I am. I just maxed out Fool and saved. I guess I'll have to find a list somewhere and compare. Might have to load up an old save to do them. I read that some missions can be glitched out if I max out Moon too fast. Hope that's not the case. Ugh.

I don't know if it's related but some mission can be miss if you don't anwser Mishima's text right away (well on the current day at least).

Like:
- Part-time Job, Full-time Hell
- Calling for Justice for Cats
- Who's Been Assaulting People?
- We Aren't Just Your Slaves
- Man of Many Faces and Debts

Oh, I don't think the trophy pops if you do requests on
24/12

Curufinwe

Go for it. That's why they don't lock you in to the difficulty you started with any more (unless you pick Safety).

I stayed on Normal the whole time and really enjoyed the dungeons apart from the few times I got stuck and needed to consult a guide. But in TMS #FE I had to drop the difficulty down to Easy because it got punishing near the end and I didn't want to grind, and the dungeon gimmicks were a lot more annoying than the ones in P5.

muteki

Not sure how close to the end I am, but finished up the Strength confidant. Suprisingly didn't take as much cash as I expected, no more than 100~150k or so. Have about 82% compendium now.

I'm sure there are some treasure demons I missed but I would at least like to get the best magic of each variety, have wind, fire, lightning, atomic so far.

Oh and the fusion mistake animation is hilarious.

Plum

What are your strategies for completing Mementos? I'm finding it tedious having to go through pretty much the entire path if I have a request, wish they'd just tell you which floor it was on. Makes going into a new Path without any requests there seem pointless as you're just gonna end up doing it all again anyway.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm sure there are some treasure demons I missed...
There's one for each palace after the first, all of which can be caught in the corresponding section of Mementos, and a couple more which show up in the final block of Mementos.

The last two can actually be caught right up until the final boss. I hadn't planned on getting them all during my first game, but grinding the last couple of encounters to reach level 93 and fuse Lucifer I had both pop up as reinforcements during high-alert.

Mikhal

Oh, I don't think the trophy pops if you do requests on
24/12

I did that before the date. Looked up the mission list and guess I missed one that you get when
you work at the convenience store 3 times

What are your strategies for completing Mementos? I'm finding it tedious having to go through pretty much the entire path if I have a request, wish they'd just tell you which floor it was on. Makes going into a new Path without any requests there seem pointless as you're just gonna end up doing it all again anyway.

If you press R1 to quick travel in Mementos it should actually say how many requests are available in a certain area as you move put your cursor on them. I just travel to a Rest Area and see what Morgana says about the location of a mission and go up/down a few floors as needed. Also, once you find an exit, you can quick travel up/down using R1 if you decide to explore the floor a bit more for treasures instead of backtracking back to the exit to save some time.

Aselith

It's pretty easy to find. Just start at the rest stop in the middle and Morgana will tell you if it's up or down and you usually only need to hit one or two levels to find it.

Plum

If you press R1 to quick travel in Mementos it should actually say how many requests are available in a certain area as you move put your cursor on them. I just travel to a Rest Area and see what Morgana says about the location of a mission and go up/down a few floors as needed. Also, once you find an exit, you can quick travel up/down using R1 if you decide to explore the floor a bit more for treasures instead of backtracking back to the exit to save some time.

It's pretty easy to find. Just start at the rest stop in the middle and Morgana will tell you if it's up or down and you usually only need to hit one or two levels to find it.

Thanks. That was my mistake, I waa just starting from tje bottom or top of an area. Though I'll have to see what happens when there's a target both before and after a rest stop. I was quite disappointed that Futaba doesn't help at all
except with her confidant ability to randomly map out an area.

On a side note (September spoilers)
Morgana whining about being useless. He's been my go-to healer for the entire game and hasn't left my party once!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So far the non-party member confidant stories are so much more interesting than your party member confidant stories. It's kind of disappointing.

Maybe it's because the party members already get so much good development in the main story.

Menitta

Finished NG+. I'm debating going again. I'll probably start it and end up dropping it. I ended with 190 hours. I'm too tired at this point.

Edit: Nope. I'm done. This and Yakuza 0 are fighting for GOTY in my head so far.

Humdinger

I'm going to stop playing. I made it about 50 hours, so I found a lot to enjoy (art style, characters, themes), but I ultimately didn't want to continue because it is a game designed by extroverts for extroverts, and I'm a big introvert. I just don't find the gameplay loop enjoyable, because it consists of constant social chatter and interaction, constant text messaging, people constantly calling you and wanting to do stuff, with very little solo time (and even then with little to explore or do).

It's strange, I've never had this reaction to a singleplayer game before. I like the characters, but there are too many of them, and the game keeps adding more, and they keep calling and texting, constantly, without any break in between. I want to say, "Shut up! Stop f*cking texting me all the time." I want to throw my phone in the lake.

The game seems designed for exactly the type of personality that I am not.

I'd stick with it, if I enjoyed the combat more, but I don't enjoy that much. I've got it set on Easy just so I can breeze through it.

So, I guess I'm done. I did enjoy parts of it, for sure -- the characters, some of the themes they dealt with, the art style, the inventiveness of the castles, the boss battles. But, it just didn't fit me.

Opa-Pa

I could understand wanting to breeze through the turn based RPG aspect if you enjoyed the social sim part, but if that is stressing you too then why are you still playing at all? Not that your problems with the social part aren't legitimate, mind you, but it sounds like you're playing a game filled with stuff you don't enjoy.

Also fighting mobs won't be fun in any difficulty but Hard, so playing on Easy only adds to the problem.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm pretty introverted too, and I know what you mean about the barrage of texts asking you to hang out. It feels kind of overwhelming until you get used to turning people down or ignoring most of those invitations. It's not as bad for me though, because I'm much more used to texting/IMing than talking to people in real life anyway.

The daily life part of the game is about working out who you want to spend time with, or going out to just do stuff to level your personal stats. It's important to try not to get swept up in other people's invitations because sometimes it doesn't fit with what you want to do. Turn them down/ignore them, and then go do what you want to do.

It's totally okay if you don't want to go out with people that day and just do something alone. One nice change that I liked in this game is that the NPCs don't seem put off if you turn them down (when in P4 they did). So I can turn people down without feeling too bad about it.

FluxWaveZ

I am on an extreme end of introversion, and I don't care about that part of the game because that's what the game is. And it's a video game, not real life.

Humdinger

I'm pretty introverted too, and I know what you mean about the barrage of texts asking you to hang out. It feels kind of overwhelming until you get used to turning people down or ignoring most of those invitations. It's not as bad for me though, because I'm much more used to texting/IMing than talking to people in real life anyway.

The daily life part of the game is about working out who you want to spend time with, or going out to just do stuff to level your personal stats. It's important to try not to get swept up in other people's invitations because sometimes it doesn't fit with what you want to do. Turn them down/ignore them, and then go do what you want to do.

It's totally okay if you don't want to go out with people that day and just do something alone. One nice change that I liked in this game is that the NPCs don't seem put off if you turn them down (when in P4 they did). So I can turn people down without feeling too bad about it.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Trouble was, there weren't any non-social activities with any real substance. A couple mini-games. Studying, reading, etc. would just involve clicking and getting a brief cutscene. There wasn't much to explore -- small areas of a city block or two. Not like an RPG, for instance, where you can go wander the hills and explore. So when I got off the social leash, there just wasn't all that much of interest to do. The game isn't built for that.

Well, I learned something about myself and my taste in games, anyhow. I learned that even in a videogame, I can get annoyed with too much social interaction. Go figure.

cilonen

3, 5, 7 and mementos are going to annoy you.

Opa-Pa

Well, I learned something about myself and my taste in games, anyhow. I learned that even in a videogame, I can get annoyed with too much social interaction. Go figure.

I think that should be worth it. As an introvert myself I can't really relate to your problem but it's interesting to read about it and in a way it does make a lot of sense. I guess the way we perceive these in-game interactions changes everything.

And I was in no way trying to sound dismissive in my previous reply btw. It just pains me to read people forcing themselves to enjoy stuff, and P5 in particular is a game that demands a lot, so I could see how annoying it could be for you.

I don't want the game to end, I could do this phantom thieve thing forever, I just really love the concept. Seeing the way the public reacts to our actions as the stakes become higher with each case is really cool.

Top Bottom