• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

neoemonk

I mean being hungry is the way to take those bigger hits from that boss since it heals you instead of doing damage. But then that comes down to having Stagnant Air or something.

If you have your confidant rank high enough your party members will auto-cure status ailments for you at random. While normally very useful, it can totally screw you in the Okamura fight.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
By the way, I'm mildly disappointed that Makoto
has her bike Persona change into a relatively more normal-looking Persona when her confidant level is maxed. The bike was so cool! Aaaand now it's a mech.

Man, what's up with new enemies spawning right in front of you right after coming out of a battle? This has happened several times already, sometimes I get hit before I even have a chance to move.

Anyway, currently in the fourth palace, visually it's a nice change of pace.

I think I'm progressing at a pretty good pace with my confidants, having lots of experience from the previous games definitely helps but I'm not deluding myself into thinking that I'll manage to max them all.
Anyone achieve that on their first playthrough without a guide?

MSMrRound

Man, what's up with new enemies spawning right in front of you right after coming out of a battle? This has happened several times already, sometimes I get hit before I even have a chance to move.

Anyway, currently in the fourth palace, visually it's a nice change of pace.

The higher percentage that the palace's alert level is, the higher chances of enemies respawning.

Also, did you trigger the curse or something by taking the orbs in the 4th dungeon? It tends to have that enemy respawning effect too.

Akuun

If you fight an enemy that's standing near another enemy, the enemy that's nearby will despawn when you start the fight, then respawn again after your fight. Sometimes it'll respawn after you move away a little.

Maybe it's that?

The higher percentage that the palace's alert level is, the higher chances of enemies respawning.

Also, did you trigger the curse or something by taking the orbs in the 4th dungeon? It tends to have that enemy respawning effect too.

Alert level was 0%. Don't know about any orbs, haven't reached that part yet.

If you fight an enemy that's standing near another enemy, the enemy that's nearby will despawn when you start the fight, then respawn again after your fight. Sometimes it'll respawn after you move away a little.

Maybe it's that?

Maybe, it's a weird design decision.

I'm kind of half way done with palace
and I'm kind of just exhausted by it. It's not even hard for me, it's just boring. Dude's shadow isn't even popping up.

Plum

Got some questions about the final Palace,
Mementos Depths

1) Am I underlevelled at 61? Playing on easy so does it even matter if I am?
2) How long will it take to complete approximately? Not sure I can stomach the gameplay for too much longer.

Lunar15

Got some questions about the final Palace,
Mementos Depths

1) Am I underlevelled at 61? Playing on easy so does it even matter if I am?
2) How long will it take to complete approximately? Not sure I can stomach the gameplay for too much longer.

It's not very long, but there's only one save point in the middle. It's the shortest dungeon by far.

There will be some story stuff at the bottom, then you'll have just a small bit of dungeon and a pretty intense boss rush at the end.

Plum

It's not very long, but there's only one save point in the middle. It's the shortest dungeon by far.

There will be some story stuff at the bottom, then you'll have just a small bit of dungeon and a pretty intense boss rush at the end.

Ah, OK. That's good. I'll probably get to the middle today then finish things tomorrow.
Is there a way to go back to the clinic and buy HP items? I've got 2 Somas, Curry and Coffee so SP isn't an issue.

Lunar15

Ah, OK. That's good. I'll probably get to the middle today then finish things tomorrow.
Is there a way to go back to the clinic and buy HP items? I've got 2 Somas, Curry and Coffee so SP isn't an issue.

Just quick travel to the top of
Mementos and go to the door. The game will let you go to the clinic and the weapons shop.

Also, you shouldn't need too many HP/SP items because Caroline (who is standing next to the velvet room door at the start of the dungeon) will heal your SP and HP for free whenever you talk to her.

PK Gaming

DBpcEF9UMAAdgkz.jpg

Plum

Just quick travel to the top of
Mementos and go to the door. The game will let you go to the clinic and the weapons shop.

Also, you shouldn't need too many HP/SP items because Caroline (who is standing next to the velvet room door at the start of the dungeon) will heal your SP and HP for free whenever you talk to her.

Thanks! So I'm assuming there's safe rooms like always. Backtracking all that way sounds like a pain.

Lunar15

Thanks! So I'm assuming there's safe rooms like always. Backtracking all that way sounds like a pain.

I don't want to get into details, but in the main dungeon proper, there's one safe room about halfway down, so you'll have to make it there. It's not as long as you'd think though, but it's a tiny bit of an endurance run.

Final dungeon is 100% linear and very straightforward.

Akuun

I'm in that safe room right now. Maybe I'll have time to finish tonight.

I was surprised when I asked about progress in that safe room and they said I was halfway. Much shorter than I expected.

Those floor puzzles are super forgiving too. I was really surprised by that.

Lunar15

I'm in that safe room right now. Maybe I'll have time to finish tonight.

I was surprised when I asked about progress in that safe room and they said I was halfway. Much shorter than I expected.

Those floor puzzles are super forgiving too. I was really surprised by that.

Without spoiling anything, while it's not very long, it's also longer than it appears!

Plum

I don't want to get into details, but in the main dungeon proper, there's one safe room about halfway down, so you'll have to make it there. It's not as long as you'd think though, but it's a tiny bit of an endurance run.

Final dungeon is 100% linear and very straightforward.

Without spoiling anything, while it's not very long, it's also longer than it appears!

Lots of mixed messages here! Hope it isn't as annoying as you seem to imply.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I did all my grinding in my first game in the last dungeon, up to level 93 to fuse Lucifer. You can travel to the start for free health/sp/bullet recovery, and the encounters suddenly throw loads of experience at you. If you feel under levelled at any point you can easily make up ground end game.

Rivers in the Desert convinced me that Persona team just needs to go all out and make a rhythm-based fighting system a la Mother 3. Imagine how dope that fight would be.

Akuun

I did all my grinding in my first game in the last dungeon, up to level 93 to fuse Lucifer. You can travel to the start for free health/sp/bullet recovery, and the encounters suddenly throw loads of experience at you. If you feel under levelled at any point you can easily make up ground end game.
The average levels that you can check from the touchpad show the average level at the end of the day, right?

I was worried when I entered the final day at level
65 and the average level said 75. Now that I'm in the final area and already picking up a few levels, I understand why the average level is 75.

Wait,
Caroline gives you bullets too!? Sweeeeet.

I don't remember which scene it is, but there's a scene where everyone is hanging out downstairs in Leblanc, and you can see multiple different items spread out on the table. One of them is a PS Vita (Ann's), and one of them is a manga magazine (Makoto's).

Edit: Was wondering why I couldn't easily find a picture of this, and then I remembered the Share button situation. Ah well.
Really? :O That's some pretty cool details.
I found Ryuji + Yusuke + Makoto such an OP team for endgame.

Ryuji has attack up, Makoto has defence up, and Yusuke has agility up.
Get Debilitate on Joker and you're set.

Then Ryuji and Yusuke have crazy physical damage, and Makoto has heals and nuclear damage when she has a turn free.

All bosses were ezpz
Yesssss I used this team as well and it worked wonders. Ann and Morgana helped out by healing the team after fights :p

Akuun

I'm really surprised at how strong physical attacks are in this game. I never noticed them being quite this good in previous Persona games.

Ann not having a physical attack really hurts her usability when you want to conserve SP usage, which is most of the time.

Baton Pass to Ryuji > big physical attack is just so good.

I found Ryuji + Yusuke + Makoto such an OP team for endgame.

Ryuji has attack up, Makoto has defence up, and Yusuke has agility up.
Get Debilitate on Joker and you're set.

Then Ryuji and Yusuke have crazy physical damage, and Makoto has heals and nuclear damage when she has a turn free.

All bosses were ezpz

Yeah, this was my go-to party for boss fights. Loooots of damage dealt by Ryuji and Yusuke.

I'm in the final area after Palace 7 and my fucking GOD I am ready for this game to be over. This area is complete garbage. The enemy placement is outrageous, the puzzles are mundane, and I'm goddamn sick of getting ambushed by the mind controlling enemies because they spawn in front or behind immediately me after I kill another shadow. The brainwash me and I just sit there waiting to die because there is not a single thing I can do. Fucking trash.

Edit; when the fuck do I get a chance to save?

Edit 2; HAHAHAHA JUST DIED AND LOST PROGESS VIA NO SAVE ROOMS. Lol yeah I'm done. I feel insulted by this atrocity of a final area.

Game is slow as hell, god damn. I loved the other Persona games but I don't recall them being so meandering, and I'm only 15h in. Game'd be amazing if half the dialogue was cut.

The dungeons seem to be a big upgrade so far, so I hope I'll get to play more palaces and
Memento
(or whatever it's called) in the future and less talk. 70/30 in favour of fighting would be nice. So far it's been more like 30/70.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm in the final area after Palace 7 and my fucking GOD I am ready for this game to be over. This area is complete garbage. The enemy placement is outrageous, the puzzles are mundane, and I'm goddamn sick of getting ambushed by the mind controlling enemies because they spawn in front or behind immediately me after I kill another shadow. The brainwash me and I just sit there waiting to die because there is not a single thing I can do. Fucking trash.

Edit 2; HAHAHAHA JUST DIED AND LOST PROGESS VIA NO SAVE ROOMS. Lol yeah I'm done. I feel insulted by this atrocity of a final area.

I honestly don't think I was ambushed a single time in Palace 7, except once as rats.

If you maxed Strenght's Confidant fuse Yoshitsune with some decent skills and you'll crit/destroy most of the enemies in the area.
I honestly don't think I was ambushed a single time in Palace 7, except once as rats.
I think he's refering to
the last Mementos section

Opa-Pa

Yeah I was confused thinking they meant Palace 7 too lol, makes much more sense now. That area was difficult for sure and I think it's the only one where I got ambushed and got more than one game over haha, but I liked that it pretty much forced me to equip the right persona always.

Edit: Can't you not continue with the twins' request on the last day?

Opa-Pa

I think shadows respawn when too many of them gather in the same area, so the game removes them to help you... Except they can respect right next to you.

It can be avoided by not skipping them though.

klee123

I must say, Ryuji's instant kill ability is such a godsend in NG+ when you simply want to breeze through a dungeon.

I went through palace 7 in an hour thanks to that as well as having Yoshitsune and Alice.

I think shadows respawn when too many of them gather in the same area, so the game removes them to help you... Except they can respect right next to you.

It can be avoided by not skipping them though.

Can't really do that when they aren't there. Then when you turn around, boom.

You keep thinking this game is going to end and it doesn't. This is so exhausting.

Quick question: IS there a penalty to dating both an adult and student in this game? Do you still get all the events if say, you romance Tae?

You can romance as many people as you like and their I is a
different scene near the end of the game[/]. I don't believe there are any actual negative gameplay ramifications.

Cronen

End game question:
I believe I am about to fight the final boss (have done the Velvet Room stuff, and have navigated up to the Shrine). However, my SP for my party is kinda low, and I do not have any SP healing items left. They were all used up in Shido's palace and the depths of Mementos. Am I shit out of luck, or is there any way to get myself fully healed up at this point? I know that there's two forms to the final boss so I would like to go in fully prepared.

Opa-Pa

End game question:
I believe I am about to fight the final boss (have done the Velvet Room stuff, and have navigated up to the Shrine). However, my SP for my party is kinda low, and I do not have any SP healing items left. They were all used up in Shido's palace and the depths of Mementos. Am I shit out of luck, or is there any way to get myself fully healed up at this point? I know that there's two forms to the final boss so I would like to go in fully prepared.

You're able to fully heal HP/SP and get bullets by talking to the Velvet Room attendants at any time while in Depths of Mementos and further.

Cronen

You're able to fully heal HP/SP and get bullets by talking to the Velvet Room attendants at any time while in Depths of Mementos and further.

I am at the save point outside of the shrine area (I am guessing it's the final save point?) I don't recall their being a Velvet Room point there, but I may be mistaken (I got to that point very late last night). Otherwise, can I just fast travel to a different point in Mementos and use the Velvet Room and then fast travel back?

Opa-Pa

I don't recall a shrine, but the game actually states when you're at the final save point of the game, which by the way has 4 (or was it five?) mini bosses before it, so if you haven't fought those you still have a bit more to go.

But yes, aside from there being a Velvet Room door at the beginning of Mementos' depths, you can also fast travel to the entrance of Mementos proper to heal there if you want to.

Top Bottom