• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Dundar

Is there any action that's a reliable +3 to proficiency? It's the stat that's lagging behind the most and I need to get it up to spend nights at Crossroads.

Craft at the work desk. Just be sure to reload if you don't get +3 proficiency (it's random, if you get a double item during crafting, you get +3).

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
You can also pick up stuff to decorate your room.

Although actually, all my favourite decorations came from Yusuke.

Plum

Each confidant has some unique scenes after maxing, afaik. They're basically regular social link scenes except that there's no rank up.

You can also pick up stuff to decorate your room.

Although actually, all my favourite decorations came from Yusuke.

Ah, cool. Didn't think they'd be unique or give you anything.

EDIT:
Just rode the Ferris Wheel with Makoto. Still best waifu and I haven't even seen any other romance scenes.

Each confidant has some unique scenes after maxing, afaik. They're basically regular social link scenes except that there's no rank up.

There's generally a unique scene for each location you can take them. Though some also have romantic scenes at specific locations which seem to override the normal one (I missed a room item this way). There's only one (or rarely two) room items per character though.

Tamanon

Banned
On to New Game+ after finally beating the game. Maxed all but 3 confidants(Haru, Futaba, Iwai), but maxed all stats. The extra carry-over items should make the game a breeze.

Loved the game, loved the ending. Absolutely need more, even if it's something like an anime.

broz0rs

Craft at the work desk. Just be sure to reload if you don't get +3 proficiency (it's random, if you get a double item during crafting, you get +3).

Just wanted to add that if you get the fortune boost prior to working on your desk, you'll get that stat maxed out in no time.

Mediking

Just sitting here in Palace 7 without any real motivation to keep going. The shenanigans in Palaces and backtracking is just annoying..... Palace 7 should be the most straightforward... :(

Bladenic

Started my Platinum replay and god lord Kamoshida's JP voice is awful and doesn't fit the design at all. English is so much better. Think I'll switch back to English soon anyway.

Just sitting here in Palace 7 without any real motivation to keep going. The shenanigans in Palaces and backtracking is just annoying..... Palace 7 should be the most straightforward... :(

I'm gonna repeat what another gaffer said here before, that if you're far along enough for despair to kick in, you should be pretty close to the end already. Palace 7 definitely isn't as long as people make it out to be.
How many invites are you at?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

Ganbaru, good sir. You can do it!

Opa-Pa

I was watching the girlfriend play just now and she reached the 7th palace too. She's enjoying it so far and is looking forward to the mice section because she finds the concept hilarious lol (I do too). I hope she doesn't mind the mazes.

I think she's only disliked Palace 5 so far and her favorites are 6 and 4, just like myself haha.

PK Gaming

DBhLpGmU0AEKKzl.jpg

Man, I wish this was a dialogue option in the actual game.

Official facts about the Phantom Thief Members

DID YOU KNOW? Examples:

-Ryuji is in fact, a cancer
-Ann is a gamer and she's all about the Vita life
-Haru did ballet
-Joker is a second year student
-Futaba's weight can be mathematically solved

You can find out more by watching the video
Yeah she mentions this during some of the Mementos conversations and a daily life convo I think. She missing out Persona Q tho :p Yusuke and Haru would seem to get along just fine, especially with their food preferences.

Why are none of the girls' actual weight listed? It happened in P4A too.

Rivers in the Desert is so good. I can't stop listening to it. It should have
been in part 2 of the final boss theme remixed with something else, imo.
I mean like how Life will Change mixes lyrics from Wake up, get up, Get out there kind of.

neoemonk

I'm taking it in chunks, not because I'm annoyed, but because I want to stretch things out. Just got to the third safe room but I can only play a little more before I have to get ready for work this morning. I'm already preemptively sad that I'm going to finish this game.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I think the least realistic thing about Tokyo in Persona 5 is the fact that there's a guy on the train who plays a Vita.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Rivers in the Desert is so good. I can't stop listening to it.
I've been listening to it a lot at work. :D I think my favorite three songs in the game so far are Rivers in the Desert, the regular boss music, and the Palace 3 music (I think it's called Price).

So I finished the everyday life stuff after Palace 7, got
Shido's confession, ...and the game drops me back into school!? I guess there's one last daily life + Palace run section before the end of the game? I was very confused because I was fairly sure that I was very close to the end. Maybe there's more to this home stretch than I thought.

lt519

So Palace 5 wasn't bad at all, I actually liked it and would rank it above Palace 4. The boss fight was lacking, but I liked the layout and it had some better cheeky humor than the depressing story of Palace 4. This also may be because I had the
Death accessories
that made it less of a resource slog, I only used one 30SP item in preparation for a fight and I ended up not needing it.

Just past 10/11, curious where this story starts to go from here. I saw a mild spoiler on who Palace 6 is for, but other than that I really have no idea. Maxed out Knowledge and Proficiency a little too early I think. I've got all the confidants I want maxed, and I know I probably can't get them all at this point, so I'll probably just max out my social skills.

One thing I'd like to do is complete all the Mementos requests, but I'm guessing I need to get all my confidants to rank 8? Might be too late in the game to start doing that, I do have that Fortune skill though.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah she mentions this during some of the Mementos conversations and a daily life convo I think.

I don't remember which scene it is, but there's a scene where everyone is hanging out downstairs in Leblanc, and you can see multiple different items spread out on the table. One of them is a PS Vita (Ann's), and one of them is a manga magazine (Makoto's).

Edit: Was wondering why I couldn't easily find a picture of this, and then I remembered the Share button situation. Ah well.

Is there any way this game doesn't win Soundtrack of the Year?

I think P5's music blows P3 and P4 out of the water, and I loved the music in P3 and P4

Lunar15

I think P5's music blows P3 and P4 out of the water, and I loved the music in P3 and P4

It's real good, but I can't say it tops P4 for me. Definitely beats P3, even though I really like Mass Destruction.

I don't think this game wins Soundtrack of the Year, though. I don't think it made a big enough impact. The best songs are placed unevenly while the songs you hear the most (Tokyo Daylight) are just kinda average for Meguro works.

All that said, I've been listening to it almost exclusively for the past month or so, so yeah, it's a classic. I cannot wait for remixes and live versions to start rolling out.

Curufinwe

Yeah she mentions this during some of the Mementos conversations and a daily life convo I think. She missing out Persona Q tho :p Yusuke and Haru would seem to get along just fine, especially with their food preferences.

Why are none of the girls' actual weight listed? It happened in P4A too.

They prefer not to disclose it.

Lynx_7

Nier Automata though.

Tbh I expect most outlets to give it to something more popular even if it's not as good. That's usually how these things go. On Neogaf it'll definitely be between these two.

PK Gaming

I don't remember which scene it is, but there's a scene where everyone is hanging out downstairs in Leblanc, and you can see multiple different items spread out on the table. One of them is a PS Vita (Ann's), and one of them is a manga magazine (Makoto's).

Edit: Was wondering why I couldn't easily find a picture of this, and then I remembered the Share button situation. Ah well.

Wow, that's a great touch

There's also this:

I honestly thought P5 OST was a stepback from P3 and P4 and neither of those were praised outside of the Persona/SMT community so P5 winning best OST of the year probably is a long shot.

gdt

Goddamn man just finished this. After 115 hours the feels man. First persona game.

What a squad, and this game nails the ending. No abrupt shit. Let the feels roll on.

It's real good, but I can't say it tops P4 for me. Definitely beats P3, even though I really like Mass Destruction.

I don't think this game wins Soundtrack of the Year, though. I don't think it made a big enough impact. The best songs are placed unevenly while the songs you hear the most (Tokyo Daylight) are just kinda average for Meguro works.

All that said, I've been listening to it almost exclusively for the past month or so, so yeah, it's a classic. I cannot wait for remixes and live versions to start rolling out.
I don't usually order stuff from Japan, but if they make a P5 remix album a la Reincarnation or Never More I'm preordering it ASAP.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think P5's music is stellar overall.

I think I like P5's battle, dungeon and boss soundtracks than P4's, but I think P4 has better music for the everyday life sections of the game.

P3's boss music is on par with P5's, by which I mean they are both excellent.

GeeTeeCee

I'm at the tail end of September with Palace 5 down and something near 64 hours played. I finally managed to max out the Temperance Confidant and unlock the Affinity reading from Fortune, which should make life a heck of a lot easier.

Does the effect of Affinity Reading "wear off" the same way the Stat Boost Reading does if you don't act on it ASAP, or is it a permanent boost?

Tamanon

Banned
I'm at the tail end of September with Palace 5 down and something near 64 hours played. I finally managed to max out the Temperance Confidant and unlock the Affinity reading from Fortune, which should make life a heck of a lot easier.

Does the effect of Affinity Reading "wear off" the same way the Stat Boost Reading does if you don't act on it ASAP, or is it a permanent boost?

It's a permanent boost, it basically just fills up the hidden Confidant meter some.

Lunar15

I think P5's music is stellar overall.

I think I like P5's battle, dungeon and boss soundtracks than P4's, but I think P4 has better music for the everyday life sections of the game.

P3's boss music is on par with P5's, by which I mean they are both excellent.

Basically this, except for the fact that P5 has nothing on par with The Almighty and Mist.

Rivers in the Desert is great, but it's a little underwhelming.

Top Bottom