• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Basically this, except for the fact that P5 has nothing on par with The Almighty and Mist.

Rivers in the Desert is great, but it's a little underwhelming.
I've been blasting Rivers in the Desert in the car constantly. Absolutely one of my favorite persona tracks of all. The minimal amount of engrish helps. If only the title line was pronounced right, but whatever, that bass line is hype.

black070

I've been missing playing Persona 5 since the day I completed it. I've been wanting to dive back in for a new playthrough, but I'm forcing myself to hold off to not only clear up the backlog, but give me a chance to go through it again with a fresh mind.

Sayad

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's a permanent boost, it basically just fills up the hidden Confidant meter some.
Ooh, good to know. I've been treating it like the stat boost fortune reading, and trying to strategically set up with people before meeting them on the same day.

I'm probably out of time for meeting with people, though. I'm in
mid-December, and just got Shido's confession. I don't know if the game will give me more free time after this.

Lunar15

Ooh, good to know. I've been treating it like the stat boost fortune reading, and trying to strategically set up with people before meeting them on the same day.

I'm probably out of time for meeting with people, though. I'm in
mid-December, and just got Shido's confession. I don't know if the game will give me more free time after this.

You have until & including:
Dec 23rd, but 3 of those days will be used for exams. You don't have much time.

Akuun

You have until & including:
Dec 23rd, but 3 of those days will be used for exams. You don't have much time.
Thanks. Maybe I
can use those remaining days to max out at least one more guy before the end.

Lunar15

You can easily beat it in two days, but that doesn't make it any less long. It's a lot of boss fights and very similar looking mazes with loading screens that cause enemies to respawn. It's a touch longer than it needs to be, and it would have been nice if they had mixed up the puzzles a bit more.

I didn't actually find the mazes annoying at all, they're fairly straightforward. It's just that they're long, similar, and involve a lot of fighting enemies over and over because you can't get around them in the narrow hallways.

ALL THAT ASIDE:

If you love game covers, I really like this guy's very different takes on key P5 songs.

Life Will Change - Very "lounge rock", extremely laid back.

Rivers in the Desert - Getting a Dire Straights feeling from this.

I like his stuff because it's not just the same song with his voice, it's a genuinely different take on the songs he's covering.

mulac

2nd Palace done and having fun going through Mementos - which are kinda like Chalice Dungeons for Farming.

Anyway i'm only in June and this game has taken over everything - all other games both PS4 and PC have been relegated and I never knew such simple joy could be had from watering a plant.

Playing on Normal but the game does seem a tad...simple? I'm Soul-Level 20 right now so possibly i'm overlevelled from Mementos grinding.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I planned on going right the way through on my NG+ run but the game is really making me wait for the plat. All I need is the trophy for maxing all confidants, and I'm still waiting for the Fool and Magician to auto-complete.

I'm actually glad I missed out on as much social link stuff as I did initially, as it has made the second play through more interesting - particularly as I dived right into it.

I cannot stress enough how awful a person I must be to have left Sojiro on rank 2 for my initial run.

Bladenic

I've been blasting Rivers in the Desert in the car constantly. Absolutely one of my favorite persona tracks of all. The minimal amount of engrish helps. If only the title line was pronounced right, but whatever, that bass line is hype.

You know it's funny, I feel like Lyn's English is better than the previous Persona singers most of the time. Like on Rivers and Last Surprise (for the most part).

But it's horrific and indecipherable on Whims of Fate. Like none of the verses are understandable at all lmao

JBwB

Goddamn man just finished this. After 115 hours the feels man. First persona game.

What a squad, and this game nails the ending. No abrupt shit. Let the feels roll on.

With P5 over now's the perfect time to go ahead and play Persona 4 / Golden :)

(Palace 7)
Jesus, that boss rush outta nowhere. I woulda used some SP items if I had known that was coming. Still managed to get the infiltration route in 1 day though.

12/24.
Mementos Depths

Fortune's Affinity Fortune is probably the single most useful ability in the game. So happy I managed to max a few more people than I originally planned on my first playthrough.

Unfinished: Emperor (8), Lovers (5), Chariot (3), Devil (6)
Unstarted: Hanged Man, Tower

Managed to max out everyone else though. Can't wait to jump into NG+ to do a max SL run. It's gonna be great running around the early palaces with end-game personas (since I'm pretty sure money carries over so I'll definitely have enough to call my main ones back).

The way I beat Palace 7 was with Mystery stews.... lol and then raising defense AOE with Makoto and waiting for attack penalty to lower for each ally. It was intense and
Goro did one hit Joker sometimes with brave blade or anyone else for that matter. But if he got it on Joker it would usually be a game over.
I had my sp drained to all hell with everyone and had to use the penalty stews to restore them for the end of the palace. It was a pain but doable. Took me a few tries but not on
Shido
since it was cake and didn't hit hard at all.
The final bosses of this game are just tanky with no hard hits besides ultimates, tbh.

I found Ryuji + Yusuke + Makoto such an OP team for endgame.

Ryuji has attack up, Makoto has defence up, and Yusuke has agility up.
Get Debilitate on Joker and you're set.

Then Ryuji and Yusuke have crazy physical damage, and Makoto has heals and nuclear damage when she has a turn free.

All bosses were ezpz

IKizzLE

Then Ryuji and Yusuke have crazy physical damage, and Makoto has heals and nuclear damage when she has a turn free.

All bosses were ezpz
For endgame on my first playthrough, I had yoshitsune, alice, trumpeteer, black frost, sandalphon and ardha. At that point, it didn't really matter who I chose for my party.

All bosses were ezpz

My boss-killing party atm is Ryuji + Makoto + Haru. Mostly because Haru is pretty decent in damage dealing (and has Heat Riser which... that +Charge+God's Hand on Ryuji = huge chunks of damage).

Completely random question that I should have asked at the start of the game instead of a couple weeks after finishing, but is it just me, or is rush mode slower than in P4?

I seem to remember P4's rush mode having more abbreviated animations, especially for buffs/debuffs.

PK Gaming

All bosses were ezpz

I vastly prefer this over casting Heat Riser individually. I don't think there's an encounter barring maybe the Superboss that can beat this set up.

klee123

Just been playing NG+

Yoshitsune is so op.

Along with Alice and Kaguya for Almighty and Bless, I'm pretty much unstoppable.

Now I just need a charge persona for maximum effect lol.

Renewed

So now that I'm done with the game, I can do NG+ and pretty much continue my Compendium? I've got 7 million to burn and confidants to max so having that carry over is real nice.

Also this is a good game. Sraosha/Raphael/Uriel/Beelzebub/Odin were my "lol screw it" summons for the end and I had Makoto, Yusuke and Ryuji accompany me to the end.

Demons begging for their life is annoying af.

Playing NG+ on easy with endgame weapons, and just hitting rush on every encounter that doesn't resist physical, and these crying demons are slowing me down so much.

Grudy

About to jump into my first persona game with as little info as possible. Anything I should know? Especially missables...i don't like missing stuff.

My only experience with Atlus style games was Devil Survivor which I loved very, very much for what it's worth.

Curufinwe

About to jump into my first persona game with as little info as possible. Anything I should know? Especially missables...i don't like missing stuff.

My only experience with Atlus style games was Devil Survivor which I loved very, very much for what it's worth.

Buy the SP restoring sodas from the school courtyard, the Shibuya arcade and outside the laundromat/bathhouse near LeBlanc.

Use them to try and finish dungeons without using extra days. Later on you can buy SP restoring items from the Doctor, so prioritize her confidant.

The combat is quite a bit easier on Normal than Devil Survivor, so you should be fine on that front.

You know it's funny, I feel like Lyn's English is better than the previous Persona singers most of the time. Like on Rivers and Last Surprise (for the most part).

But it's horrific and indecipherable on Whims of Fate. Like none of the verses are understandable at all lmao
I actually think Life Will Change is harder to parse than Whims of Fate, but that might just be because I know most of the lyrics to Whims of Fate anyway.

Though the way she pronounces gown is really bad lol.

valkyre

I am sorry for asking something that probably has been asked a million times but, during combat is there a way to know whose turn it is to act? I am still early in the game.

evolve9

I am sorry for asking something that probably has been asked a million times but, during combat is there a way to know whose turn it is to act? I am still early in the game.

There's a button which tells you who's next, I think it's L1?

EDIT: Oops, my bad! Yeah it's d-pad down.

Finally beat palace 7 last night and boy was it overstaying it's welcome towards the end. I really liked it and the mechanic for 2/3 of the way through but when it started making me backtrack everywhere and expect me to remember where the restaurant is after 2 hours? Fuck off.

Akuun

Definitely in the final area of the game now. Couldn't max Yusuke's confidant before the end, but otherwise I've maxed everyone else in the party.

I'm not sure what to think so far.
Igor sounded disappointed in me, and I think he may be implying that he's abandoning me for some reason? The twins seem to still be on my side, though.

Maybe that means I'm on my way to a bad ending, which I probably am because of incomplete confidant progress. I figured that Mementos was the end stretch, but this whole thing about the general public suddenly turning into drones is pretty abrupt. I hope this end stretch better explains what's going on.

So far, my guess is that Morgana is either an escapee from this prison, or someone much higher up (possibly some fragment of the master, or maybe the right-hand man or something). It seems that the prison is somehow eating/sucking out the desires of people, leading all its inhabitants to become listless and complacent about their place in life. The prisoners say that it's the prisoners themselves who want this, but I don't buy it. There's probably something else influencing things. The whole thing looks creepy as fuck, which is a good thing. I really like how this end area looks.

I've been running Ryuji-Haru-Makoto for both dungeons and bosses these days. It's great having a set of physical attacks on everyone if I want to go easy on SP mileage, and some buffs/spells/heals to fall back on for more difficult fights.

I'm level 66 so far, but I blew most of my remaining money on powerful Personas, so most of my stuff is level 80-90. It sounds overpowered, but it doesn't feel that bad in practice. I'm still pretty squishy and can get twoshotted by stronger monsters if I'm not careful.

neoemonk

Finished the game.

I think. I defeated the God of Control this morning before work and got to the save right after.

I can't wait to get home and wrap this up.

captainpat

Okomura Palace's boss is wrecking my shit on hard.

Good to know I wasn't the only one. Twice I got the last minion down to a slither of health only for him to pull that move right after one of my party members decided to "help" me with hunger.

Also, shadows spawning right in front of you after you've just defeated one is super fucked up.

Renewed

I mean being hungry is the way to take those bigger hits from that boss since it heals you instead of doing damage. But then that comes down to having Stagnant Air or something.

Top Bottom