• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Yeah, it's startling revelation.

Part of me regrets that they didn't go through with it, but I always remind myself that in this shadow plot wherein
Yukiko
is the killer, all of the existing things
she's
done or has been a part of must be rewritten or removed in favor of developing
her
in another way. Is it worth it? Maybe, if you're into that sort of thing. Admittedly,
your very own party member being the killer is very awesome, and practically unexplored.

But in this reality, that is not the role
she
plays in this otherwise very busy story, and we just have to accept it.

Did you catch my amazing pun

jaxword

I found an article that says
they changed the villain at the last moment:

Nothing about that character though.

That's a good thing that the design did not reflect that change. It would've been even MORE obvious.

We may have had a villain with soulless black eyes and a mole and who eerily stalked girls and generally was every stereotype about The Creepy Kid in one package.

Squire

Banned
Posting for new page since the podcast thread is useless and we could really use the input.

Inorigo said:
We're discussing podcast seeeeeeeecreeeeeeeets!

Who would you all be most interested to hear from of these three actors:

Michelle Ann Dunphy - Margaret/Ayane Matsunaga

JB Blanc - Ryotaro Dojima

Amanda Winn-Lee - Yukiko Amagi

ST2K

Yeah, my, admittedly brief, internet sleuthing all points back to a post on GameFAQs where a user postulated that interpretation of the article, despite the article not mentioning that.

I'm going to assume that's just a fan theory then. Though it certainly would have been an interesting development.

Squire

Banned
Probably Winn-Lee since she has been working with Atlus for Persona/SMT games since Eternal Punishment and it'd be interesting to know about Atlus circa 1999.

Oh yes, we noted in our discussion that we'd ask her about that in the event that we talk to her. We'd also about Rei Ayaname, since myself and Levito are huge Evsngelion fans.

cjkeats

Oh yes, we noted in our discussion that we'd ask her about that in the event that we talk to her. We'd also about Rei Ayaname, since myself and Levito are huge Evsngelion fans.
You aren't the only ones.
lN3sVEF.gif

I had no idea she was Rei though. That's pretty crazy.

Would it be possible to get translation staff on the podcast? I like the voice actors, but I would find the actual writing and script stuff to be interesting too.

Squire

Banned
I had no idea she was Rei though. That's pretty crazy.

It is! It blew my mind when I realized.

Would it be possible to get translation staff on the podcast? I like the voice actors, but I would find the actual writing and script stuff to be interesting too.

That's a great idea! The only person from their writing staff in Nich Maragos. He might talk to us.

We'll sit on that idea. We do want to talk to Atlus' PR guy after P5 is revealed, so that might be a good time frame to also do a localization show.

P5 will probably create lots of new episodes.

Meia

Yeah, it's startling revelation.

Part of me regrets that they didn't go through with it, but I always remind myself that in this shadow plot wherein
Yukiko
is the killer, all of the existing things
she's
done or has been a part of must be rewritten or removed in favor of developing
her
in another way. Is it worth it? Maybe, if you're into that sort of thing. Admittedly,
your very own party member being the killer is very awesome, and practically unexplored.

But in this reality, that is not the role
she
plays in this otherwise very busy story, and we just have to accept it.

Did you catch my amazing pun

The idea does a number of interesting things. Imagine if
Yukiko and Yu are the "canon" couple from the game, like Yukari and Minato from 3? Gives a new lean on the Izanagi/Izanami thing.

Can't help but think Chie would jump off a bridge though.

Dantis

Jesus, the composer of SMTIV just followed me on Twitter. I'm freaking out, man.

Mate, that is amazing. Well deserved too!

For Amanda, I'd be curious to see what she thought of the original killer plan for P4,
I believe it was that Yukiko was the original killer until it was changed late in development.
. Maybe if JB Blanc has seen the Himsday comic?

I've never heard this. Not convinced of its reliability.

Dantis

Someone mentioned that the Persona concert starts at 5:30 right? What timezone is that?

It starts in about an hour. The doors open at 5:30, but the show starts at 6:30.

You seriously shouldn't expect anything from it though. If something gets shown, that's fantastic, but we have no indication that it will.

cjkeats

Oh shit, I've missed the first half hour. What's played so far?
True Story, Mass Destruction, and Brand New Days.
Yo, Keats, that was Rie Kugimiya in the beginning, right?
Talking over the loudspeaker with Teddie and the others before it started it was.
I can recognize her "Let's go!" anywhere. Sadly she wasn't on stage, that was the regular crew performing True Story.

Dantis

Oh. I hate True Story, so I'm fine with that, haha.

Shame I missed Mass Destruction. Fucking loving Brand New Days. It's one of my favourite tracks.

Squire

Banned
True Story, Mass Destruction, and Brand New Days.

Talking over the loudspeaker with Teddie and the others before it started it was.
I can recognize her "Let's go!" anywhere. Sadly she wasn't on stage, that was the regular crew performing True Story.

So who was that younger singer then...

Refyref

One of the riffs during Brand New Days sounds very similar to P4's title screen theme. I don't know if it was intentional, but I will say it was and consider it a bridge between the games. :p

cjkeats

Oh. I hate True Story, so I'm fine with that, haha.

Shame I missed Mass Destruction. Fucking loving Brand New Days. It's one of my favourite tracks.

True Story was actually quite good, you'd have liked it with the people singing it.

Also, Brand New Days is my favourite ending song. I believe this is the first time they played it right?
So who was that younger singer then...

Shihoko Hirata

Dantis

True Story was actually quite good, you'd have liked it with the people singing it.

Also, Brand New Days is my favourite ending song. I believe this is the first time they played it right?

Yeah. Really glad they played it. Looks like they might play Snowflakes?

EDIT: Shihoko sang True Story? Shit, now I'm sad that I missed it.

Squire

Banned

Shihoko Hirata

What? Wow, I didn't recognize her. Damn.

True Story was fucking amazing. Goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom