• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

I'm probably going to have to go deeper into the bunker than I have for SMT4 and will for ZE3. SMT4 proved there are alot of people who played the JP one and will try to manipulate peoples hype or criticisms about the games to fit their agenda, PLUS it's plot and character development-heavy PLUS it's a bigger franchise than those two. Landmine city.

This is true. Maybe I'll go on a blackout. I dunno.

Finally completed Junpei's social link, he is probably the best character in the series. That is all.

This is why I need to replay the game (after slogging through IS) because I remember Tanaka, the fat kid who
ate his twin in the womb
, and the old people. Those are the only social links I can recall off the top of my head. And, bits of Yukari's.

There's so much time and so little to do.

strike that. reverse it.

You know, why do they do it that way? At first I thought it was direct Japanese, but no, those don't translate into the words they represent. I.e. Garu doesn't mean Wind, I don't think.

Because its More Fantastical. P1 was even crazier with the elements Gryva!

I will. People did the same thing with Game of Thrones and keep sneaking in book references even when asked or told not to.

Spoiler tags are useless, too. WOW I'VE ONLY BEEN PLAYING 2 HOURS AND DID NOT EXPECT
Tifa
to die!

Great, so now I know someone important dies 2 hours in, and with the cast of 6 people it'll be easy to work out whose name fits that spoiler.

It's amazing how the nerd culture is so smug and uncaring about spoilers. They don't acknowledge that saying ANYTHING--yes, even that little thing, YES even that subtle comment, can spoil something major.

Unless there's an admin willing to go full zero tolerance, things WILL get spoiled.

I remember when the 6th Harry Potter book came out, a guy posted a ton, then editted back in That Secret. His entire ACCOUNT was nuked, completely scrubbed from the database as well, plus all quotes of his posts. It was like a Stalin photo.

This is why I need to replay the game (after slogging through IS) because I remember Tanaka, the fat kid who
ate his twin in the womb
, and the old people. Those are the only social links I can recall off the top of my head. And, bits of Yukari's.

There's so much time and so little to do.

strike that. reverse it.

I always did the male s.links last so I never really got to max them out. And WTF @ that spoiler, why did I click that :(

Hey! speaking of importing and whatnot.

I take it some(most) of you have somewhat of a Persona collection right? We should post'em tonight!

ljfW1ZT.jpg

uEmI8r0.jpg

My collection. Not too shaby I guess.

On the subject of media blackout for Persona 5, I don't think I'll browse this thread once the game is announced since I spoiled myself the whole Kanji arc back when Persona 4 was released in Japan.

I always did the male s.links last so I never really got to max them out. And WTF @ that spoiler, why did I click that :(

THAT IS WHY I PUT IT IN THE SPOILER TAGS!

lol, to be fair, I could be misremembering, but I'm fairly sure I remembered it correctly because I was like "WTF" when that was revealed. lol

lol, to be fair, I could be misremembering, but I'm fairly sure I remembered it correctly because I was like "WTF" when that was revealed. lol

It's the content of the spoiler itself that put me in full WTF mode. I don't remember anyone talking about that. That has to be the like..... the best social link for that reason alone.

Levito

Banned
Keats-God damn that Rise figure is cute.

Hecatonchires- Very nice, love the Japanese Persona 1!

Also, you both have that awesome Jack Frost doll, too awesome.

I'll post some pics of my collection when I get home.

PK Gaming

Yeah that's not what happened. Nozomi and his
brother were fraternal twins. His brother was the cool, athletic handsome one, but he died due to food poisoning.

I'm also starting to not hate Chie.

P4G spoilers kinda

Why did Nanako come back to life? I'm on my third playthrough and I still don't understand how that happened, was it teddie?

Tamanon

Banned

P4G spoilers kinda

Why did Nanako come back to life? I'm on my third playthrough and I still don't understand how that happened, was it teddie?

It's never really revealed.

The heart. Or something. Teddie magic.

jaxword

I remember when the 6th Harry Potter book came out, a guy posted a ton, then editted back in That Secret. His entire ACCOUNT was nuked, completely scrubbed from the database as well, plus all quotes of his posts. It was like a Stalin photo.

Damn, that sounds like Evilore really got mad and went the extra mile.

I've had to put people on ignore on many forums because of GoT spoilers...but it doesn't work, because someone inevitably quotes them. Bishoptl went on a mad-banning spree of anyone who mentioned the books, but he eased off after a while and, wow, people came back to do it again.

Going full media blackout is the only way. I did it with Star Trek, so the big reveal of that movie was actually really really cool for me, whereas EVERY other review I read said they knew it and thus it damaged the experience.

Tamanon

Banned
Personally I don't mind being spoiled too much. I knew the killer in Persona 4 before even touching the game. Wasn't much trouble for me, but I always make sure not to spoil others.

jaxword

P4G spoilers kinda

Yes, that's my interpretation as well.
Immediately after she passes away, Teddie also vanishes. Since his "life" is a bit of an enigma as well, I took it to mean he exchanged his existence in the real world for her. After all, she "died" because of being in the shadow world for too long. That's why he ends up on the Velvet Room road--he's "dead" as well, since his life/energy/soul/whatever was given up for Nanako's to return.

Soriku

Immediately after she passes away, Teddie also vanishes. Since his "life" is a bit of an enigma as well, I took it to me he exchanged his existence in the real world for her. After all, she "died" because of being in the shadow world for too long. That's why he ends up on the Velvet Room road--he's "dead" as well, since his life/energy/soul/whatever was given up for Nanako's to return.

Did you get further than that, or beat the game? Because there's no way that's possible.

It's all due to ZA HARTO. Whatevs.

Also get ready to RIP in peace tomorrow guys. My hopes aren't very high for a P5 announcement but here's hoping.

Nah, nothing beats Yosuke bringing weapons to the mall and almost getting you arrested.

Nothing.
Hahahaha I forgot all about that. It's not as dumb as Nanako's but it's close! What the hell was he thinking?

Immediately after she passes away, Teddie also vanishes. Since his "life" is a bit of an enigma as well, I took it to mean he exchanged his existence in the real world for her. After all, she "died" because of being in the shadow world for too long. That's why he ends up on the Velvet Room road--he's "dead" as well, since his life/energy/soul/whatever was given up for Nanako's to return.

What the hell? I don't think they thought that scenario all the way through.

Levito

Banned
Nah, nothing beats Yosuke bringing weapons to the mall and almost getting you arrested.

Nothing.

What? You do get arrested, minors don't get sentences.(though I guess they're not technically minors)

A lot of Cops will generally let you off if you do something stupid. Did I ever tell you about the time I threw up on an cop and all over the back of her cruiser? Wait never-

PK Gaming

What? You do get arrested, minors don't get sentences.(though I guess they're not technically minors)

A lot of Cops will generally let you off if you do something stupid. Did I ever tell you about the time I threw up on an cop and all over the back of her cruiser? Of course I didn't nevermind.

Yeah those were poor choice of words on my part. I was just pointing out that was a really dick move. (and ridiculously out of character too, people don't bring weapons to a food court and show them off like that.)

Also gross!

jaxword

Did you get further than that, or beat the game? Because there's no way that's possible.

Yes, I have beaten all endings. I didn't see anything wrong with the interpretation I gave.
The fact he returns later doesn't contradict anything, either. It's established that with enough willpower (and sit ups) you can create new life in the shadow realm that can enter the real world.

Coupled with Teddie's social link automatically advancing to max around that time, it's pretty clear what theme they were going for. Because he established such a great social link and bond with the protagonist and Nanako, his shadow-otherworldly life force was enough to help her recover. Remember that her illness IS supernatural in origin; it's said many times the doctors don't know what's causing it. If you can accept that, then accepting a supernatural cure is part of the story.

Levito

Banned
Yeah those were poor choice of words on my part. I was just pointing out that was a really dick move. (and ridiculously out of character too, people don't bring weapons to a food court and show them off like that.)

I'd argue that it is in character, considering Yosuke is not the sharpest lad.

I should've been thrown in the drunk tank, thankfully the police officer found out is was my 19th birthday, first trip to the bar. Ahh memories.

Sophia

Yeah it's hardly out of character for Yosuke. He's somewhat intelligent, but he lacks the wisdom to go with that intellect level.

It's more interesting how they transferred those characteristics to Narukami in the anime and Persona 4 Arena.

Finally completed Junpei's social link, he is probably the best character in the series. That is all.

Welcome to the cool kids club. Population: us.

I'll post my limited Persona collection tonight, but since I'm lending a few of the games out to different people right now it won't be complete >_>;

I want it Ollie King style. It'd basically be the closest thing between Hideki Naganuma and Meguro.

Stop playin games...

Also Persona 5 definitely needs multiple regular battle themes. That concept was really cool in Persona 4 Golden.

NO JSRF HD makes me sad and yes I agree. I want as much music as possible(like a different battle theme for each bosses, different normal, player advantage and enemy advantage themes as well).

Soriku

Yes, I have beaten all endings. I didn't see anything wrong with the interpretation I gave.
The fact he returns later doesn't contradict anything, either. It's established that with enough willpower (and sit ups) you can create new life in the shadow realm that can enter the real world.

Coupled with Teddie's social link automatically advancing to max around that time, it's pretty clear what theme they were going for. Because he established such a great social link and bond with the protagonist and Nanako, his shadow-otherworldly life force was enough to help her recover. Remember that her illness IS supernatural in origin; it's said many times the doctors don't know what's causing it. If you can accept that, then accepting a supernatural cure is part of the story.

Teddie returned because he just accepted his existence, his questioning of himself is the reason he went to the Velvet Room, I don't think there's much indicating that he revived, or really died, especially because in the bad ending Teddie disappears but Nanako still dies.

PK Gaming

I'd argue that it is in character, considering Yosuke is not the sharpest lad.

I should've been thrown in the drunk tank, thankfully the police officer found out is was my 19th birthday, first trip to the bar. Ahh memories.

That's... no man. Are you kidding me? Yosuke isn't even stupid. Immature, rash and he sometimes doesn't things true through, but man...

I was in disbelief... did anyone else enjoy this? Was I going crazy? After the scene I questioned if Yosuke was even remotely intelligent.

For a game grounded in reality (err more grounded than most games), that was mega-stupid and jarring.

ST2K

That's... no man. Are you kidding me? Yosuke isn't even stupid. Immature, rash and he sometimes doesn't things true through, but man...

I was in disbelief... did anyone else enjoy this? Was I going crazy? After the scene I questioned if Yosuke was even remotely intelligent.

For a game grounded in reality (err more grounded than most games), that was mega-stupid and jarring.

I thought it was stupid, yes. But I thought it fit his character as it was established up to that point. Remember, this was the kid who broke DVDs and crashed into garbage cans. He wasn't exactly portrayed as a paragon of towering intellect.

Squire

Banned

It was dumb; it was completely in character.

It was also a total sit-com gag; they occasionally push the boundaries of character and believability in attempt to make you laugh.

Levito

Banned
Here's my small collection of SMT/Persona stuff. (Yes Catherine isn't technically SMT but w/e)

Did we play different games? Between how much fuss he makes on his exams, his total lack of game/how over the top perverted he is, and just his general disposition... He's not that bright.

Also, everyone fucks up dude. A high IQ doesn't make to immune to mistakes, especially when you're young.

You get arrested, you're just not charged with anything.

Him flailing about with them getting the cop even more worked up was hilarious. Simple theatric animation can make for the best comedy.

I want it Ollie King style. It'd basically be the closest thing between Hideki Naganuma and Meguro.

Stop playin games...

Also Persona 5 definitely needs multiple regular battle themes. That concept was really cool in Persona 4 Golden.

SMT3 had 15ish, half of which was his. He can do it. We wants it. It shall be.

Taruranto

No one in P4 was remotely intelligent anyway.

If they were, they would tell Naoto to shut up, ffs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah it's hardly out of character for Yosuke. He's somewhat intelligent, but he lacks the wisdom to go with that intellect level.

It's more interesting how they transferred those characteristics to Narukami in the anime and Persona 4 Arena.

And yet Chie, who is, let's face it, the dumb one, doesn't think it is such a great idea for them to have the weapons.

(Then again she already has her own weapons)

Sophia

That's also in JSRF. :p I had no idea it was from Ollie King.

The JSRF version is different. That remix is much slow downed.

And yet Chie, who is, let's face it, the dumb one, doesn't think it is such a great idea for them to have the weapons.

(Then again she already has her own weapons)

Chie has random bouts of wisdom every so often.

SMT3 had 15ish, half of which was his. He can do it. We wants it. It shall be.

SMT3's multiple battle themes were amazing. <3

PK Gaming

But-but-but weapons...

In a food court...

Swinging them around... instead of sneaking them in like he suggested...

It just doesn't make sense...

I need to lie down...

Persona2_180.png

Did we play different games? Between how much fuss he makes on his exams, his total lack of game/how over the top perverted he is, and just his general disposition... He's not that bright.

Also, everyone fucks up dude. A high IQ doesn't make to immune to mistakes, especially when you're young.

Am I missing something here, how do any of those things prove that he isn't bright...

PK Gaming

Holy crap I want that

Bike

he routinely acts like a moron, and hardly ever thinks things out. So the scene seems pretty fitting IMO.

No I get that, it's just that your assertions confuses me. Fussing about exams? Lacking "game"? Being perverted? Why do you associate that with being dumb? Those seem like normal traits to me...

Levito

Banned
Am I missing something here, how do any of those things prove that he isn't bright...

He routinely acts like a moron, and hardly ever thinks things out. So the scene seems pretty fitting IMO.

No I get that, it's just that your assertions confuses. Fussing about exams? Lacking "game"? Being perverted? Why do you associate that with being dumb? Those seem like regular traits to me...

Doesn't the game mention how awful he does on his exams?

The way he acts around this female compatriots/most women in the game, he loses all composure at times. Thus, an idiot.

In addition to not being an academic, he's what you'd call a social moron. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom