• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Nocturne looks so god damned cool, wish it was on the PSN. I have a physical copy but the ol' PS2 doesn't look so hot on an HDTV.

jaxword

Teddie returned because he just accepted his existence, his questioning of himself is the reason he went to the Velvet Room, I don't think there's much indicating that he revived, or really died, especially because in the bad ending Teddie disappears but Nanako still dies.

The bad ending also has everyone's friendships dissipate since the case ends badly and there's no resolution. Which fits perfectly with the theme of friendship and memories being key.

Levito

Banned
Episode 9 is out, for those who care! I'm really proud of the next few eps, Tartarus provides a lot of laughs at our expense.

Good stuff, been meaning to check out your LP's. Planning on playing the whole game I take it?

I prefer to think that Teddie
is Nanako's shadow.

That's honestly kind of a horrific thought considering
shadows are the reflection of the true self and Teddie is horny as all.... ok dropping this line of though forever.

Good stuff, been meaning to check out your LP's. Planning on playing the whole game I take it?

Yes, that's the goal. We're planning on having anyone who wants to be a guest on it as well, but so far only Tankman, Refyref and maybe Sophia have expressed interest. If anyone wants to be on for a couple of episodes then just PM one of us and we'll get to planning.

Astra

Episode 9 is out, for those who care! I'm really proud of the next few eps, Tartarus provides a lot of laughs at our expense.

Excellent! Coming along nicely?
I'll be catching up on this in the near future, hopefully.

Friend of mine just got a capture card, and we're considering doing a LP of Dark Souls. Should be fun, and embarrassingly funny. Friend gets pretty worked up when death draws near.

PK Gaming

So how long do the initial Personas stay useful? I'm just rocking through the first major dungeon with the initial Personas, and I don't feel like switching. Should I upgrade in the next dungeon?

That's honestly kind of a horrific thought considering
shadows are the reflection of the true self and Teddie is horny as all.... ok dropping this line of though forever.

I already told ya in Episode V of the podcast, man! Teddie is
Charlie Tunoku's Shadow, which explains the fact that he's both a womanizer and the only non-MC character who can enter the Velvet Room!

Excellent! Coming along nicely?
I'll be catching up on this in the near future, hopefully.

Friend of mine just got a capture card, and we're considering doing a LP of Dark Souls. Should be fun, and embarrassingly funny. Friend gets pretty worked up when death draws near.

Sounds good, will check it out once it's posted!

Levito

Banned
Yes, that's the goal. We're planning on having anyone who wants to be a guest on it as well, but so far only Tankman, Refyref and maybe Sophia have expressed interest. If anyone wants to be on for a couple of episodes then just PM one of us and we'll get to planning.

Cool, that'd be fun. Still need to look into that thing we talked about a couple weeks back.

Sophia

So how long do the initial Personas stay useful? I'm just rocking through the first major dungeon with the initial Personas, and I don't feel like switching. Should I upgrade in the next dungeon?

If I recall you're playing EP right? Yeah they usually can last you until the second major dungeon.

Tartarus, yay! Also good episode so far. Lots of amusing humor.

Slipped my mind, sorry. Past couple weeks have been so flippin' busy.

No problem at all. Just say when and I'll send you the embed links for every episode we have up so far. A disclaimer saying that the sound quality improves in Episode 5 would be appreciated as well ^_^

Sol1dus

Sorry to bother you all with a P4G question but

In Nanako's dungeon, is this the one that I shouldn't clear out until the last day? (The last day being November 30?)

Sophia

In Nanako's dungeon, is this the one that I shouldn't clear out until the last day? (The last day being November 30?)

No, this one is normal. It's the next one you shouldn't clear out until the last few days.

Meia

Anyone that doesn't do that in one day is officially a monster.

The dungeon in question's last day is technically the 24th, though you want to finish it the 23rd or you miss an event.

Soriku

Nocturne looks so god damned cool, wish it was on the PSN. I have a physical copy but the ol' PS2 doesn't look so hot on an HDTV.

In regards to PS2 games I actually think Nocturne looks fine on an HDTV, the DDS games as well.

Jesus, the composer of SMTIV just followed me on Twitter. I'm freaking out, man.

Cool dude, your Tokyo map arrangement from IV and the other songs you arranged are pretty good.

PK Gaming

Confession time:

A deep, dark part of me thinks that Persona 5 is doomed to suck/fail/bomb. So when I try to get hyped for the game or when I see others hyping it, I Immediately get this small, negative impulse.

It's a pernicious feeling.

Meia

Confession time:

A deep, dark part of me thinks that Persona 5 is doomed to suck/fail/bomb. So when I try to get hyped for the game or when I see others hyping it, I Immediately get this small, negative impulse.

It's a defensive mechanism, perfectly normal. :p

I choose to think of "Well, no matter what Persona 5 is, it won't ruin the positive things about Persona 4, so let come what may."

Sadly, I did the same thing to my friend(in terms of the mechanism) who so loved Diablo 2 when Diablo 3 was first shown. Was a running gag over the years, where I would say "You know the game is going to suck, right? I can't wait for you to be disappointed!"

I AM SO SORRY.

Soriku

Confession time:

Persona is at the height of its popularity so no way it bombs. That and I can't think of the last Atlus RPG that sucked...

cjkeats

Confession time:

There is a very slim chance that it will actually live up to the hype around it.

Just remember: Positive thinking

EMT0

Banned
He routinely acts like a moron, and hardly ever thinks things out. So the scene seems pretty fitting IMO.

I'd actually disagree and rate Yosuke amongst the smarter people in the P4 cast.

I'd rank it Naoto/Yu -> Yosuke -> Chie -> Yukiko/Rise -> Kanji/Teddie as far as intelligence demonstrated during the case goes.

Naoto....well, she's the 2000 IQ Killjoy Detective. The Protagonist is technically at a genius-level intellect and the perfect person, apparently. Yosuke is actually very on his feet when it comes to the cases. He's proactive, deductive, and makes the early connections about the Midnight Channel of his own accord, something only
Namatame
did as far as we know. Hasn't it been outright stated by his Shadow that his goofball personality is somewhat of an act to cover his fear of being alone? I'd say there's a reason the three people standing outside of Aiya when you connect the dots are Naoto, Yu, and Yosuke.

Chie has flashes of brilliance that belays her usual attitude and poor school results; she actually says things that are radical, but plausible and advance the case. Meanwhile, Yukiko and Rise are about even in my mind. Yukiko is somewhat of a bookworm, but she comes off as incredibly blind to the obvious and isn't very proactive at all. Rise is devious and cunning in her own way, but aside from playing support, never really advances the case. But she comes off as intelligent to an extent.

Meanwhile, Teddy and Kanji end up about the same place on a cast full of people that are intelligent. Teddy's simply ignorant, while Kanji is far more comfortable using his fists before his head. However, both when given the chance are shown to be more than capable of intelligent thought. There's no shame ending last on the intelligence chart with this cast.

EDIT: And before I forget, a thank you to all of you for the spoiler-free answers about what to do for the true ending.

Squire

Banned
We're discussing podcast seeeeeeeecreeeeeeeets!

Who would you all be most interested to hear from of these three actors:

Michelle Ann Dunphy - Margaret/Ayane Matsunaga

JB Blanc - Ryotaro Dojima

Amanda Winn-Lee - Yukiko Amagi

PK Gaming

There is a very slim chance that it will actually live up to the hype around it.

Just remember: Positive thinking

xpGIwQ.gif

Amanda Win-Lee.

Funny thing, I was just about to pm you guys about approaching Winn-Lee on facebook.

Meia

*Snrk*

Had no idea she was Rei in the original Evangelion.

Hard list to pick, though I'll go with my "snrk" response. Blanc is really tempting though since he's done acting roles too(Breaking Bad).

Musolf815

For Amanda, I'd be curious to see what she thought of the original killer plan for P4,
I believe it was that Yukiko was the original killer until it was changed late in development.
. Maybe if JB Blanc has seen the Himsday comic?

ST2K

I'd love to hear Blanc, since Dojima was one of my favorite characters in that game. But for some reason, I have a feeling he wouldn't remember much of that role.

So from now on, any updates on PK and my LP of Persona 3 will be posted on S. Link FM's official site. We'll still be uploading videos about once a day with a weekly roundup being posted on Sunday/Monday on slinkfm.com, but I'll no longer be spamming this thread with episode updates. Remember, any and all criticism is both encouraged and appreciated, as it helps us improve the quality and humour of our videos so that they're the best that they can be.

ST2K

I'm not sure either, it was apparently from a Gamastura interview. I can't find it though...

I found an article that says
they changed the villain at the last moment:

Gamasutra said:
Also, one of the villain characters changed in the middle of development; since the character design was done before the story change, the design did not reflect the fact that he was a villain.

Nothing about that character though.

Oh man those all would be good picks

but also

For Amanda, I'd be curious to see what she thought of the original killer plan for P4,
I believe it was that Yukiko was the original killer until it was changed late in development.

wait wut

Musolf815

I found an article that says
they changed the villain at the last moment:

Nothing about that character though.

Ahh maybe my source was off, I found it again and it's from the Atlus forum.
Supposedly Yukiko was going to be the killer based off her dialogue about ending Teddie, smothering someone...but the team changed it because it was too heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom