• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Anyone who can read Japanese, Atlus posted this

http://p-atlus.jp/kouhou/2013/08/13/message.html

Don't think there is much there but Google Translate is dodgy so who knows.

Sounds like it got delayed if what I'm getting from Google Translate is to be believed.

Or as Armada just translated for us:
@cjkeats @TaleSpun Something something hard kanji 25th Anniversary, we're working hard, gained so many fans since Persona 3, we're happy

It's probably next year at this point the way some of that sounds.

Omikaru

Sounds like any P5 announcement is next year. Also referred to the game he's asked not to officially comment on explicitly as a 'TV game'.

Guess it's coming to Wii U, then. :3

Soriku

Unless the troubles with Index are really holding them back, an announcement next year sounds pathetic...

aeana plz

Omikaru

Does it actually say anything about no announcement until next year?
The Google Translate is so wonky, so I couldn't say for sure. But that does indeed mention next year, though that may be in relation to something else. Machine translation, and all.

Would be nice to get an approximation or something.

PK Gaming

Well that's disheartening.

I guess we'll have to keeping enduring it. I think we can do it guys, we've lasted this long without going crazy/having our thread locked, we just need to wait out for a bit longer.

Dantis

The Google Translate is so wonky, so I couldn't say for sure. But that does indeed mention next year, though that may be in relation to something else. Machine translation, and all.

Would be nice to get an approximation or something.

Shinkansen gave it a look.

shinkansen3000 ‏@shinkansen3000 52m

@TaleSpun @cjkeats Getting to work on it, pretty much it looks like the usual thanks for participating, we are working on things.

shinkansen3000 ‏@shinkansen3000 16m

@psychodantis @TaleSpun @cjkeats Looks like standard PR talk to me :p

Logash

So this thing is almost unreadable with Google translate. Anyone out there that can translate the whole thing and post it? It sounds like it throws some hints at us.

Sophia

*blinks*

You people are weird and crazy. :p

That said, I hope someone uploads footage or audio of More Than One Heart soon.

Never trust a mod.

What does a mod have to do with the concert?

Does it actually say anything about no announcement until next year?

No, it does not. It says nothing of the sort. It's just a generic "Thank you for supporting us" message.

Yo93

Do you remember that guy who said that the announcement will bring a lot of blood? well, now he/she says that the game will be announced this year and it will be out next year.
He/She also said that he/she will buy the P4Arena if he/she's wrong.

Sophia

Seriously guys, it says nothing about Persona 5 in that message. The line about next year is referring to doing something for the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand. The only other thing there is basically "We're working hard on projects that are not named. Please be excited!" :p

Soriku

Seriously guys, it says nothing about Persona 5 in that message. The line about next year is referring to doing something for the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand. The only other thing there is basically "We're working hard on projects that are not named. Please be excited!" :p

Hmm...crisis averted.

Sophia

Hmm...crisis averted.

Not sure how people even thought that to begin with. It's perfectly readable with Google Translate even.

Who said it was going to be announced today? Everyone knows it's going to be announced next tuesday.

Nobody said it was going to be announced today. There was the possibility of it, but realistically it was just a bunch of people hyping themselves up to be disappointed and make really selfish and silly comments (Looking at YOU Levito and Inorigo...) :p

Levito

Banned
Time to become a Tales fan, there seems to be a game in that franchise more often than not at all.

With mmmmyyy heart.

Seriously though, when would've been a better place to announce P5 than at that concert? Bet it's a good ways off now.

Sophia

Seriously though, when would've been a better place to announce P5 than at that concert? Bet it's a good ways off now.

They have never made an announcement at any previous concert before, and it's rare for video game concerts such as this to do so. There was always the possibility, however slim it was. :p

cjkeats

They have never made an announcement at any previous concert before, and it's rare for video game concerts such as this to do so. There was always the possibility, however slim it was. :p

I wouldn't call it slim given the scale of this one. And people were expecting it. You should've seen the niconico chat before and after.

cjkeats

P3 getting a stage play.
A pamphlet handed out at the Persona Music Fes 2013 in Nihon Budokan event on Tuesday revealed that a stage play adaptation of Atlus's Persona 3 game will open at Tokyo Dome City's Theatre G-Rosso in January.
Meguro composing the music
Niconico chat is basically real time YouTube comments, so yeah... :p

It was hilarious. Fist thing I saw when I logged in after was "TGS?".

kewlmyc

In a surprise twist, Persona 5 is actually a clever ruse and P4 was the last in the series.

Also, what game is "More than One Heart" from?

Levito

Banned
It's sure as hell not getting announced this month, if they don't even hint at a thing during the giant concert with thousands of people watching, it's not going to get mentioned anywhere else.

kewlmyc

It's sure as hell not getting announced this month, if they don't even hint at a thing during the giant concert with thousands of people watching, it's not going to get mentioned anywhere else.

I honestly think it's going to be after all of this Index stuff is sorted out. It's THQ all over again.-

Sophia

In a surprise twist, Persona 5 is actually a clever ruse and P4 was the last in the series.

Also, what game is "More than One Heart" from?

Theme song to the first Persona 3 movie.

Again, they have never made a real major announcement before at the concerts like this. Stop making assumptions.

I honestly think it's going to be after all of this Index stuff is sorted out. It's THQ all over again.-

Not quite like THQ, but yeah it'll most likely be in the Famitsu after they've announced a sponsor or buyer. They said they wanted to get it sorted out by the end of the month, which coincidentally would put it right before TGS

Soriku

When was the last time they actually hinted at a game announcement at an event like this? Atlus announcements usually come out of nowhere. P4G had some (website?) teaser beforehand I guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom