• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Theme song to the first Persona 3 movie.

Oh yeah, I remember now. It was great. Can't wait for the single.

Tis a shame we can't see the movie until it gets a home release. Or unless Aniplex does a limited release like it's doing with Madoka and Ao no Exorcist. Come on Aniplex.

persona-arcana_fb_1123873.jpg

BUT THATS WRONG, EMPEROR, SUN, MOON, YOU FOOL.

Dantis

Not sure how people even thought that to begin with. It's perfectly readable with Google Translate even.

Nobody said it was going to be announced today. There was the possibility of it, but realistically it was just a bunch of people hyping themselves up to be disappointed and make really selfish and silly comments (Looking at YOU Levito and Dantis...) :p

Wrong. I've been saying that nothing points towards today, and there's no way they'd announce it at PML. :p

It's Inorigo who was convinced it was going to be at the concert.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Indeed. It also helps prevent misunderstandings with generic thank you letters that are easily translatable with Google Translate. :p

(I am never letting any of you live that down. Seriously.)

I told everyone nothing would happen.

And Lo and behold, I was right!

/smug

Funny story, I'm finally devoting time to it, and around the 10 hour mark I run into something named David.

Fuck David.

Ohhh someone did a quest!

Levito

Banned

That was a joke about the cryptic "Soon" posts by the mods, I did not read any translation, I didn't watch the concert.

Nobody said it was going to be announced today. There was the possibility of it, but realistically it was just a bunch of people hyping themselves up to be disappointed and make really selfish and silly comments (Looking at YOU Levito and Inorigo...) :p

Your edits are selfish! :p

Sophia

You're coming off as more Mitsuru than #robotgirl, Sophia. Don't start Marin Karining everywhere.

Well I am exceptionally good at roleplaying.... just ask the people who were in IRC last night. Right now being bossy and snobby is more fun. >_>;

Levito

Banned
Realistically, it wasn't going to get announced, I said that multiple times recently. Others convinced me of otherwise though, I sure as hell wanted to believe.

It's a shame, but what can you do.

OH WELL NEXT TUESDAY RIGHT?

As the judge, jury, and executioner, I hereby declare you guilty! Your execution shall be death by Tesso at sundown!

See where assuming gets you? ;D

You might not have explicitly said it Levito, but we all know what you were thinking.

You can't fool us.

I honestly don't even know what translation you're all referring to. I was voicing only my own disappointment. lol

Still don't see it happening any time soon, especially now.

Sophia

See where assuming gets you? ;D

Don't mind me. I just wanted an excuse to link Child Abuse :p

I honestly don't even know what translation you're all referring to. I was voicing only my own disappointment. lol

Still don't see it happening any time soon, especially now.

I'm sticking with my original assumption: Last week of August or first week of September for PS3/Vita!

PK Gaming

Just finished watching the 3 hour livestream of Persona Music. Wow, it always amazes that these singers can perform for ~3 hours without making mistakes or taking a long break.

They're all just so immensely talented.

Squire

Banned
I'm trying to work out if this is deliberately ironic.

It's not. Blaming me for you're disappointment in something I thought because I was relatively sure it would happen?

What am your dad? "It was Inorigo!" Some of you sound like goddamn babies on the last page. Get a ducking grip, man.

Edit: And I still think it's happening this month. Deal with that.

Dantis

It's not. Blaming me for you're disappointment in something I thought because I was relatively sure it would happen?

What am your dad? "It was Inorigo!" Some of you sound like goddamn babies on the last page. Get a ducking grip, man.

Sophia said I was hyping today. I said I wasn't, you were. I never mentioned by own hype. The only stupid and obnoxious post was your own, old boy.

Touchy touchy! You should be careful, you'll burst a blood vessel.

Lunar15

I tend to think all the conversation about the game getting announced is done in a hopeful/playful tone. Even the blaming/fun poking.

I dunno, internets I guess.

FluxWaveZ

Blaming me for you're disappointment in something I thought because I was relatively sure it would happen?

I don't know about the concert, but you have repeatedly stated that Persona 5 WILL be announced this month. That may or may not happen, but if it does not it is blatantly your responsibility that many people could be disappointed in the lack of an announcement. Your comments were not "relative", they were literal.

Practically everyone here is heavily anticipating an announcement with bated breath. They are anticipating one so much that they are ready to cling to any hope or sign of an impending reveal.

So, bluntly stating that an announcement will, with no doubt, happen in August is abusing these hopes if it, in actuality, does not occur.

Edit: Anyone who thinks I'm ever talking in facts is nuts. Completely. I don't work Atlus. I've never suggested I know anything for sure.

You can express confidence without taking in facts, which of done. If you take my posts any other way, you take them far too literally.

This whole page is why I am so frustrated:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74330719#post74330719

If we're supposed to take what you're saying with a grain of salt, then outright say it and don't talk as though it's a fact, because what's on that page is DEFINITELY talking as though it's a fact.

Squire

Banned
Sophia said I was hyping today. I said I wasn't, you were. I never mentioned by own hype. The only stupid and obnoxious post was your own, old boy.

Touchy touchy! You should be careful, you'll burst a blood vessel.

Do I work for Atlus? No. Do I maintain? Yes. Do I always admit I could be wrong? Yes.

Seriously, you or anyone else trying to Lin their flimsy emotions on me "hyping" something is Grade-A bullshit.

Edit: Anyone who thinks I'm ever talking in facts is nuts. Completely. I don't work Atlus. I've never suggested I know anything for sure.

You can express confidence without taking in facts, which of done. If you take my posts any other way, you take them far too literally.

Dantis

Do I work for Atlus? No. Do I maintain? Yes. Do I always admit I could be wrong? Yes.

Seriously, you or anyone else trying to Lin their flimsy emotions on me "hyping" something is Grade-A bullshit.

Chill out brah. You're just coming off as an asshole right now.

Deep breaths man. We're all in this together.

Squire

Banned
:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74330719#post74330719

If we're supposed to take what you're saying with a grain of salt, then outright say it and don't talk as though it's a fact, because what's on that page is DEFINITELY talking as though it's a fact.

Yeah, I'm not putting unnecessary disclaimers into every post I make. We discuss heresay in here. I don't work for Altus. You know these things. Use your brain.

I'm not even sure what you two are even arguing about. Or if you're even arguing for that matter. o-O;

At this point I'm mildly offended the OT's Official Asshole would insinuate I'm one because I showed up after a page of snide, snotty comments mentioning me and dared to defend myself.

Astra

Easy guys, it's all done. We just need to find a news series to be fans of, that's all.

And you'll become a Tales fan!

But yeah, some people really need to chill out. It's a video game. It'll be announced when it's announced. We're not waiting on a heart transplant here.

Sophia

At this point I'm mildly offended the OT's Official Asshole would insinuate I'm one because I showed up after a page of snide, snotty comments mentioning me and dared to defend myself.

Okay, that's enough. Knock it off. We don't need the name calling.

And everyone else, let's drop the random excessive hyping of Persona 5 shall we? People can't keep their expectations in check, nor can they keep their posts in line. It's doing nothing but stifling discussion for everyone else and for anyone new who wants to post. It's just a video game, and it'll come when it comes.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I'm not putting unnecessary disclaimers into every post I make. We discuss heresay in here. I don't work for Altus. You know these things. Use your brain.

Unnecessary disclaimers? Are you REALLY saying that it's unnecessary to write, "Persona 5 COULD be revealed this month" instead of what you said which is:

Persona 5 will be revealed this month.

Really? So then every single thing you state as "fact" regarding potential Persona news should probably be taken with a massive grain of salt in the future, right? Despite your "connections" that you trust so much?

It's not the lack of a brain that factors into not being able to infer the meaning of what you post, it's the way you vaguely convey information. A lot of people like to hypothesize in this thread or state what they THINK could happen, but you're probably the only one I've seen who states these things as though they're a certainty rather than the rest who talk, as they should, as though it's a possibility.

Edit: I'll stop replying to this line of discussion when I don't find anything to object to any longer, or rather take it via PMs.

Squire

Banned
It goes without saying nothing is certain. I'm not going to flag every statement I make with "IMO" or some such. You don't know me as a trusted source for Atlus news, so don't give me that wait.

Ironically, you're normally the biggest pessimist (not an insult), so I figured you didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom