• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Also Tower/Chariot. I'm confused by this thing.

"The Tower and The Chariot share the issues of balance, control, energy, solidity and war. They contrast in their ways of handling every issue. The violent overthrow of rigid and ambitious structure contrasts with the invisible battle for balance and self-control. External contrasts with internal energy. The vulnerability of fortification contrasts with the durability of character.

The Tower is the tumultuous power at the center of everything. It is the constant potential for an occasional experience of the unexpected, the violent and sudden disruption of normal conditions; the power of complete surprise and the feeling of head-over-heels. The job of The Tower is to uproot dug-in positions and vested interests, to be the event horizon beyond which lies the unpredictable and unaccountable. The Tower is the end of complacency.

The Chariot is the steady flow of ceaseless intention that is the warrior in everything. Its job is to harness all competing impulses and energies, to overcome all obstacles and resistances, and against all odds, carry everything to its destiny. On this journey, everything becomes what it must become and nothing is lacking.

Unintegrated and imperfectly realized, The Tower can be capricious, frightening and disastrous. It can rob effort of its proper reward, and destroy faith in both justice and mercy. It can be melodramatic, or it can be pointless, random and gratuitously painful.

The Chariot can vacillate and side-step, or turn tail and run. It can be vainglorious and posturing, or overly sensitive and ineffectual. It can lose heart in the middle of a task, and mope.

Together, they are afraid of nothing, can stand successfully against any opponent, either internal or external, and when the time comes, they will rise to the ultimate challenge and be equal to it."

You're supposed to be confused. Those tarot things are designed so you can pick what you want out of the traits.

Squire

Banned
From the Hashino thread:

7 months ago, Persona 5 was apparently a Sony exclusive. Do you think anything has changed? Maybe platform, maybe its existence even SINCE ATLUS IS GONNA DIE!!

Nothing to strike really. I think most sensible people will respond with 'that makes sense' when it's announced. A minority will probably go insane, but since the series isn't that big, the outbreak should be contained quickly. There have been some changes since 7 months ago though (news was even older at that stage), from the look of things.

Good or bad?

Depends on your point of view probably. I am indifferent toward it.

*whistle*

Caladrius

Verendus was the guy who had the XV info yeah?

I'm curious to see what "Changes" he's referring to though. Did we ever get a timeframe for how long it was between when P5 started development and the rough time it was first supposed to be revealed?

Meia

Verendus was the guy who had the XV info yeah?

I'm curious to see what "Changes" he's referring to though. Did we ever get a timeframe for how long it was between when P5 started development and the rough time it was first supposed to be revealed?

Wait, so this guy isn't another "Tales from my Ass" source? :p

And I don't think the "rough time it was first supposed to be revealed" has ever been fully concrete. The only thing alluding to that I think was something a mod said, which is another "Who knows?" thing.

Meia

Also, Meia, no "Tales From My Ass insiders" have ever been referenced in this thread.

Figured, just like the reference since the threads with those have been hilarious.

Ok, now I'm curious. I own all systems, but I just want P5 on something that's not going to be hindered by it being on it.

Meia

Maybe I'm over thinking this anyway. Didn't they say they were largely unhappy with how P3P turned out since they had to greatly limit what they wanted to do with it? If so, I can't see them doing that again.

That guy is hilarious. Who argues semantics?

Lunar15

I can't stand "insiders" that speak in vague terms whether they actually know stuff or not. Either speak about it or don't, preferably don't. Anything else is just attention grabbing.

I don't take anyone seriously about this stuff, not even mods. It's all highly subject to change and placing any hopes on this stuff just leads to misplaced frustration. Take absolutely everything with a huge grain of salt, even stuff from the directors themselves. Follow this stuff too closely and you'll go insane. Just be patient and wait for official word. (and then take that with a fair degree of skepticism as well)

Caladrius

Maybe I'm over thinking this anyway. Didn't they say they were largely unhappy with how P3P turned out since they had to greatly limit what they wanted to do with it? If so, I can't see them doing that again.

That guy is hilarious. Who argues semantics?

It's a new title in one of their flagship franchises. They're not going to choose a platform that's ill-equipped to fulfill their creative vision.

And people that are short on straw.

Tamanon

Banned
It would still be PS3 or Vita at a minimum. I can't really see the viability of a X360 port, especially with no Japanese audience. Wii U is a possibility, but only if Nintendo offered to do the publishing.

Definitely not 3DS

Just be prepared for anything~

c4217a74-3414-4240-bc96-0bc611f21e8b_zps81d38bbb.jpg

Such a goofy lookin' persona.

Squire

Banned
It would still be PS3 or Vita at a minimum. I can't really see the viability of a X360 port, especially with no Japanese audience. Wii U is a possibility, but only if Nintendo offered to do the publishing.

Definitely not 3DS

Actually, I think SMT x FE voids it. It would be foolish to go that big on Wii U when it's doing so badly right now.

For the sake of comparison, I don't think you could make the same argument for P4G on Vita. It was a well-done remaster, but a remaster all the same; it's success wasn't crucial, more than likely. P5 is probably going to rank among their most expensive projects.

Dantis

Have we discussed the countdown on persona5.jp yet?

I'm 99% sure it's nothing, because the page doesn't look like Atlus have done anything with it yet, so I think it's probably an advertisement of some kind. It finishes in five days, either way.

I'm 99% sure it's nothing, because the page doesn't look like Atlus have done anything with it yet, so I think it's probably an advertisement of some kind. It finishes in five days, either way.

Hey man, a countdown's a countdown.

The Final Countdown, maybe even.

The Countdown for Everyone's Souls

the countdown for Persona 5 on iOS

FluxWaveZ

My guess: Countdown for a discount promotion involving the web hosting service that the domain is using.

Refyref

That countdown was there yesterday, it's about a sale by the registrar.

Lunar15

Food for thought, though: Next year is Atlus' 25th anniversary and we actually have no idea what games they have planned for next year in any of their franchises.

Meia

Food for thought, though: Next year is Atlus' 25th anniversary and we actually have no idea what games they have planned for next year in any of their franchises.

I'm going to assume Persona 5 will be out next year for it.

Then again, who knows?

Hey, we got the same set. When's your birthday?

Also, screw insider info. I won't believe anything anymore. It's better this way.

29/4/1984

The Sun, Wheel and Magician form the sides of a triangle, the only triumvirate in a universe of pairs. It contains that universe's only nonlinear interior space, a place of privacy, complexity and reserve.

Together, they coruscate — unpredictably glistening, flashing, darkening, reflecting and revealing, multiplying the unexpected and expanding the boundaries of the known and normal by a whole dimension.

Hey, we got the same set. When's your birthday?

Also, screw insider info. I won't believe anything anymore. It's better this way.

29/4/1984

The Sun, Wheel and Magician form the sides of a triangle, the only triumvirate in a universe of pairs. It contains that universe's only nonlinear interior space, a place of privacy, complexity and reserve.

Together, they coruscate — unpredictably glistening, flashing, darkening, reflecting and revealing, multiplying the unexpected and expanding the boundaries of the known and normal by a whole dimension.
Same set, different birthday =P

And everytime I come to Persona GAF and see that Tuesday quote I hear/read it in Ryan Davis's voice ='(

Squire

Banned
Shmeeb might be on to something.

As an aside, I realised that Tuesday is also Sony's Gamescom conference.

This might turn out to be one heck of a good Tuesday.

GamesCom and Saints Row IV mean this Tuesday was confirmed to be awesome ages ago, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom