• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I remember that mistake. I laughed when they edited in the correction right after the segment. lol
And yeah, it was David who played it. He's the only one who plays games on the show anyway. The others were mostly clueless, with Patches trying to talk just so it didn't become a monologue (poor Dave).

I'm willing to forgive mistakes for the most part because game journalists just don't talk about any of this stuff. Understandably so, because people only care about review scores and "gameplay" when they read a game review or listen to a game podcast, but most discussion essentially ignores any of the more human elements of a video game. The fact that David thinks Persona 4 achieves a better representation of life and human relationships than The Walking Dead game is an interesting discussion that no one is really willing to have in the games press (because their audience doesn't want it).

Well of course it does. Persona 4's entire situation sans murder mystery is infinitely more relatable than a zombie apocalypse.

Sophia

It's like Nyarlathotep himself invaded this thread.

He preyed on our insecurities and fears and got us to claw at the throats of our friends. He's gone now but he's an undeniable, indelible presence in our hearts, and may still return.

See what all you people spreading rumors have done!? :(

pirata

God, all of this waiting with almost no info is driving me batty! It's been almost four and a half years that I've been waiting for P5...They really need to show us SOMETHING soon. This is like psychological blue balls.

Levito

Banned
Wow yeah the port begging in that thread is astounding, dear lord. haha

God, all of this waiting with almost no info is driving me batty! It's been almost four and a half years that I've been waiting for P5...They really need to show us SOMETHING soon. This is like psychological blue balls.

Blue balls would be if you where completely underwhelmed by actually seeing the game.

That's a scary thought thought THOUGHT.

FluxWaveZ

For the first time ever, we actually have an explicit timeframe regarding an announcement via Hashino's recent blog post: 2014 (though Persona 5 isn't explicitly mentioned as one of the titles itself, it most likely will be).

Like anything, that may change for better or for worse, but that's really all I need.

I would've liked Wiping All Out too, one of my favourites. And The Almighty.

I don't even recognise the song that's playing now but it's kinda pretty.

Squire

Banned
The Almighty borders on being a real omission. I also would've like to hear New World Fool.

It's fine though. I really think they killed it and over-delivered with all the stuff they played.

Young Magus

It's like Nyarlathotep himself invaded this thread.

He preyed on our insecurities and fears and got us to claw at the throats of our friends. He's gone now but he's an undeniable, indelible presence in our hearts, and may still return.

Hey don't involve
my avatar
into this!!

Also, I''ll catch the concert late on nice to hear all the good impression in here!!

Dantis

The lyrics to More Than One Heart are so perfect.

"It's Spring,
The Winter is gone,
There's a sense of promise in the air,
It's Spring all around,
Listen if you care"

Dammit. Persona. What a fucking game.

The Almighty borders on being a real omission. I also would've like to hear New World Fool.

It's fine though. I really think they killed it and over-delivered with all the stuff they played.

Oh absolutely. Just too many good songs to fit in :p.

And man I was not expecting Tanaka to sound like that. Thought it was Teddie for a moment.

Squire

Banned
Dear lord the first 10 mins of this concert is just the characters talking with the lights dimmed.

Keep watching though!

"It's Spring,
The Winter is gone,
It's Spring all around,
Listen if you care"

IKNOWRIGHT?!

Oh absolutely. Just too many good songs to fit in :p.

And man I was not expecting Tanaka to sound like that. Thought it was Teddie for a moment.

Would've paid for it. Not even kidding.

A gaffer told me Atlus releases these concerts on DVD/BD. I might import this one.

Soma

Weird confession/realization: After watching the Persona Live concert, I've come to the realization that I really don't like Shihoko Hirata's singing. It's not the Engrish (which I won't fault her on at all) but I'm not sure if it's her accent or her tone of voice, but something about it consistently irks me. I think that might be partly the reason why I don't listen to Persona 4's OST as often compared to others, because she's so prominent in many of the songs.

Don't get me wrong, she's definitely talented but man I'm just not a fan, personally.

cjkeats

Dear lord the first 10 mins of this concert is just the characters talking with the lights dimmed.

That's the intro where they tell the audience the stuff like "No cameras, no roughhousing, etc"
Countdown starts around 21 minutes.
There's a few more skits in the show too and a few chats with the audience, but that's par for the course for these kind of things.

Sophia

Please and thank you. I could only understand the chorus.

I think it really sets the tone of the movie. The song puts emphasis on SEES as a whole, rather than merely being just about the protagonist.

Anyone is free to help contribute. If you wish to help, the song is at 1:25:00 in the stream.

(Verse 1)
Like a summer spring
<######> beating of my heart
But find everything <######>
Turns pain for a life time.
Heart. Another heart. <######>
But it <######>
The joy of heaven.

Two hearts
Bring your mind
to your chest.

(Chorus 1)
It's spring
The winter is gone
There's a sense of promise in the air
It's spring all around
Listen if you care
It's spring and sure there is sounds
crying <######> is true then?
It's more than one heart
Beating in my chest.

(Verse 2)
<######> summer spring
<######> beating of our hearts
Growing stranger now
it's catching on like a fire
Reaching out to you
One more, heartbeat, <######> and here is what it says
but lets face this wrong <######>
Don't wanna miss the joy of heaven

More hearts
Bring your mind
to your chest.

(Chorus 2)
It's spring
The winter is gone
There's a urgent promise in the air
It's spring all around
Listen if you care
It's spring and sure there is sounds
crying <######> is true then?
It's more than one heart
Beating in my chest.

(Middle eight)
More than one heart
More than I have ever dreamt of
For it is spring
We can do anything
We can move mountains now
We can sail across the sands of time
<######> heart to come in.

(Repeat Chorus 2)

Levito

Banned
Ok True Story started, awesome.

"It's Spring,
The Winter is gone,
It's Spring all around,
Listen if you care"

Sarcasm?

Like, I hope so. haha

cjkeats

They're also veeeery pricey.

As much as I love Persona, I can never justify buying these.

I want to get at least one. It's worth it for the content if you ask me.
Not really that different from anime pricing so I guess it don't bug me as much.

Levito

Banned
Lotus Juice looks ridculous, he legitmently looks like J-roc. hahahaha

Bass guitar is groovn' something fierce, good stuff.

Squire

Banned
Weird confession/realization: After watching the Persona Live concert, I've come to the realization that I really don't like Shihoko Hirata's singing. It's not the Engrish (which I won't fault her on at all) but I'm not sure if it's her accent or her tone of voice, but something about it consistently irks me. I think that might be partly the reason why I don't listen to Persona 4's OST as often compared to others, because she's so prominent in many of the songs.

Don't get me wrong, she's definitely talented but man I'm just not a fan, personally.

I like Shihoko fine, but she's definitely one of those singers that doesn't translate that well to a concert setting. And that's alright, since most don't. Yumi highlights that though. She's got the powerful voice, but she takes control of the stage, too. She has tons of charisma.

I want to get at least one. It's worth it for the content if you ask me.
Not really that different from anime pricing so I guess it don't bug me as much.

This is pretty much how I feel. I just want one, so I'll shell out.

Levito

Banned
So really, do you guys think those are good lyrics?

WtG02nt.jpg
222993.jpg

Cannot breathe.

cjkeats

I find it surprising how this is the first show for so many of you. What are you all waiting for?! I recommend 2009 if you are just watching 2013. 2012 is pretty similar in setlist to it. 2009 has all the P3P stuff including the goddess Mayumi, a P1 song, and the last appearance of Igor :(

It's also cool to see just how big these got so quickly.

Lunar15

I find it surprising how this is the first show for so many of you. What are you all waiting for?! I recommend 2009 if you are just watching 2013. 2012 is pretty similar in setlist to it. 2009 has all the P3P stuff including the goddess Mayumi and the last appearance of Igor :(

Yeah, I'd actually say 2009 is my favorite, something about it was more jammy.

They're cornball, Persona lyrics are usually pretty cornball. They do fit perfectly with the theme, however.

Sophia

More Than One Heart has genuinely good lyrics, but they're hard to understand due to the quality of the recording, Yumi Kawamura's accent, and the inability to slow the song down.

Now I'm beginning to suspect they're actually going to do The Answer, seeing as it's referenced in the song.

Levito

Banned
Battle for Everyone's Souls is pretty fucking outstanding. Really wish the crowd was more lively though, this is hype as fuck.

I spin more personas than a lazy susan, my waifu is innocent until guilt is proven.

Representn' Kirijo straight the fuck up.

They're cornball, Persona lyrics are usually pretty cornball. They do fit perfectly with the theme, however.

One of my favorite things about Persona is the terribad lyrics, especially the broken engrish.

Seriously though, those are horrendous lyrics. It sounds like a children's sing along. hahaha

Christ this thread went cray-cray

On a side note has anyone looked up the shows Karen recommended, Monster looked decent, but the other one looked like a Pokemon rip.

They're also veeeery pricey.

As much as I love Persona, I can never justify buying these.

Hm, I usually get this sort of stuff from musicjapan on Amazon, but they only seem to have the 2010 one right now for ~£25. I reckon they'll have this one though when it comes out, they probably just sold out of the newer ones.

And I really like this version of Heaven.

Lunar15

Battle for Everyone's Souls is pretty fucking outstanding. Really wish the crowd was more lively though, this is hype as fuck.

Representn' Kirijo straight the fuck up.

One of my favorite things about Persona is the terribad lyrics, especially the broken engrish.

Seriously though, those are horrendous lyrics. It sounds like a children's sing along. hahaha

Nothing can top LJ's horrimazing lyrics. Mommy's not here, gotta fight!

Also, Japanese crowds are notoriously quiet.

Levito

Banned
Is Lotus Juice a big name in Japan? Like is he a mainstream artist over there?

Wow the FES opening was fantastic.

Dude dresses as bad he raps hahahaha

So true.

Christ this thread went cray-cray

On a side note has anyone looked up the shows Karen recommended, Monster looked decent, but the other one looked like a Pokemon rip.

The second show she wasn't actually recommending, she was just mentioning she voiced 25 characters on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom