• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GamesCom and Saints Row IV mean this Tuesday was confirmed to be awesome ages ago, for me.

Next week for me:

Movie night on Monday, SRIV, Baileypocalypse, Gamescon and Persona 5 on Tuesday, paycheck on Wednesday, The World's End premiere on Thursday, super-secret project commencement on Friday, and FanExpo on the weekend.

WOTY confirmed.

You know we always say its gonna be next Tuesday, and its not announced, We must be scaring Persona 5 away. So what if we dont say its next Tuesday, then when its comes out for a little peek we catch it with a net.

Persona GAF must have the longest chain of striked off events lol

"Persona 5 will be announce at TGS 2012 Next Famitsu Next Famitsu Next Famitsu Next Famitsu Next Famistu E3 2013 Next Famistu Persona Music Festival GamesCom"

Seriously guys, I know someone who'd like to have a word with most of the people ITT

tumblr_mkjuwbhVSl1qi9c42o1_500.jpg

Just a warning, he's too busy 6 days of the week to make appointments.

PK Gaming

After finishing the 2nd dungeon in Persona, I wish the game had been titlted Persona: Fate of Two Worlds. It seems like the old Persona team had a penchant for
creating multiple words.

Do we get to see the
Other world versions of the protagonist and his team?

Kazzy

You know we always say its gonna be next Tuesday, and its not announced, We must be scaring Persona 5 away. So what if we dont say its next Tuesday, then when its comes out for a little peek we catch it with a net.

You should impose something akin to Macbeth's "Scottish Curse." It can only lead to ultimate happiness!

kewlmyc

29/4/1984

The Sun, Wheel and Magician form the sides of a triangle, the only triumvirate in a universe of pairs. It contains that universe's only nonlinear interior space, a place of privacy, complexity and reserve.

Together, they coruscate — unpredictably glistening, flashing, darkening, reflecting and revealing, multiplying the unexpected and expanding the boundaries of the known and normal by a whole dimension.
30/05/1991

I wonder how accurate these are.

cjkeats

You know a Persona 1-4 HD collection(Not that 1 and 2 could truly be HD without massive overhauls) would be quite baller.

They should've overhauled P1&2 long ago instead of all these other remakes. But really I'd just settle for them getting the anime treatment.
All wishful thinking though.

Sophia

You know a Persona 1-4 HD collection(Not that 1 and 2 could truly be HD without massive overhauls) would be quite baller.

Like I said in chat. I'd rather have a Shin Megami Tensei HD collection. Nocturne. DDS1 and DDS2. Raidou 1 and Raidou 2. With bonus Playstation Classic versions of SMT1/2/If.

All these games in question have not really had the re-release/HD treatment before, and it'd be an easy way to get SMT1/2/If in English...

Squire

Banned
They should've overhauled P1&2 long ago instead of all these other remakes. But really I'd just settle for them getting the anime treatment.
All wishful thinking though.

The whining that would generate (assuming they're brought more in line with P3/4) would be absolutely insufferable.

Like I said in chat. I'd rather have a Shin Megami Tensei HD collection. Nocturne. DDS1 and DDS2. Raidou 1 and Raidou 2. With bonus Playstation Classic versions of SMT1/2/If.

All these games in question have not really had the re-release/HD treatment before, and it'd be an easy way to get SMT1/2/If in English...

Much more interested to play the bolded.

EDIT: In a perfect world, KyoAni would've done P4, DeSu 2, and would be on P3 now.

Sophia

He meant the games, not the anime, right?

Or do you mean the games too?

keats is saying he wants all the Persona games to get the anime treatment. Rhapsody is saying they don't want it to be like the P4/Desu2 anime adaptations. :p

I agree with that, as Seiji Kishi and his team are awful/average. :(

Same. I've never played either of the Raidou games.

Dantis

keats is saying he wants all the Persona games to get the anime treatment. Rhapsody is saying they don't want it to be like the P4/Desu2 anime adaptations. :p

Oh. Whoops. Reading comprehension ftl.

Raidou 1 is pretty average. Second one never got released here.

The whining that would generate (assuming they're brought more in line with P3/4) would be absolutely insufferable.

EDIT: In a perfect world, KyoAni would've done P4, DeSu 2, and would be on P3 now.

DDS is worth a go. It's pretty gameplay-weighted though. Story sections are short and far between. The story in the first game is stupendous, whilst the story in the second game is stupendous until the slightly rushed ending.

Rhapsody

Banned

Yeah, that. For the bad animation, I can understand why it's like that since I'm sure Index just wanted to spend (lol) the bare minimum to use it just as an advertisement. It definitely deserves better though. Especially since P2's cool.
I really wish they made more Raidou games. The style of those games were interesting.

Just needs to be polished even further.

cjkeats

Shaft would be trippy and it would fit too. KyoAni budget would be glorious.
Imagine tartarus or the tv world done like the labyrinths from Madoka. Good god that would be delicious.

Eh, it could be worse.

KyoAni on P4, Shaft on P3, and Ufotable on the SMT stuff for that devil summoning action.
I don't really know who does good action, I don't really watch action shows :p

Caladrius

Not if it's drawn or directed like P4 and DeSu 2 though. It deserves better.

The IS one would probably derail half the characters and end with
Apollo hugging Hitler to death.

DDS is worth a go. It's pretty gameplay-weighted though. Story sections are short and far between. The story in the first game is stupendous, whilst the story in the second game is stupendous until the slightly rushed ending.

You just reminded me that I still have to get on those two. I wish I hadn't spoiled everything for myself beforehand.

Sophia

KyoAni on P4, Shaft on P3, and Ufotable on the SMT stuff for that devil summoning action.
I don't really know who does good action, I don't really watch action shows :p

ufotable would actually be my preferred choice to handle a Persona 3 or Persona 2 anime. I don't think any other studio right now (except MAYBE Shaft) has the competence level to handle Persona 2.

cjkeats

ufotable would actually be my preferred choice to handle a Persona 3 or Persona 2 anime. I don't think any other studio right now (except MAYBE Shaft) has the competence level to handle Persona 2.

My darlings at Shaft can do no wrong :3
I'll give ufotable the benefit of the doubt, as all I've seen of their work was the first few episodes of Fate/Zero and while it's incredibly uninteresting to me, the animation is super nice.

Rhapsody

Banned
KyoAni can do action... if they wanted to. FMP was really nice. Same with the action scenes in Chu2.

As for F/Z, I liked it a lot. Of course playing the VN gave me full appreciation for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom