• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

My darlings at Shaft can do no wrong :3
I'll give ufotable the benefit of the doubt, as all I've seen of their work was the first few episodes of Fate/Zero and while it's incredibly uninteresting to me, the animation is super nice.

That's the source material tho, not really ufotable's doing. The beginning of Fate/Zero consists of a three part prologue. They did an amazing job shoving that into one episode.

cjkeats

]That's the source material tho, not really ufotable's doing[/B]. The beginning of Fate/Zero consists of a three part prologue. They did an amazing job shoving that into one episode.
Yeah that's what I was getting at.

That first episode is a challenge to get through. :p

What a shame, his 2012 performance was groundbreaking, his hype was contagious.

Yup, despite having a song from Trinty Soul and only one other, the dude had the most energy adn was always super excited to be there.
I I mean just look how much fun he was having at the end of the 2012 show!
I hope he gets a new song for the Persona 3 movies so he has an excuse to return. Same with Mayumi.

Gbraga

Yeah that's what I was getting at.

That first episode is a challenge to get through. :p

Yup, despite having a song from Trinty Soul and only one other, the dude had the most energy adn was always super excited to be there.
I I mean just look how much fun he was having at the end of the 2012 show!
I hope he gets a new song for the Persona 3 movies so he has an excuse to return. Same with Mayumi.

This is getting me in the feels, man.

I want him back, no, I NEED HIM BACK.

persoan2i9jck.gif

Levito

Banned
That's the source material tho, not really ufotable's doing. The beginning of Fate/Zero consists of a three part prologue. They did an amazing job shoving that into one episode.

I adore Fate/Zero, but yeah that first episode is just a giant dump of exposition. It needs to be there, but it's still pretty rough.

Sophia

I adore Fate/Zero, but yeah that first episode is just a giant dump of exposition. It needs to be there, but it's still pretty rough.

Heh, there were tweets and comments from the animators that the reason Tokiomi was walking in circles was because the animators were bored and wanted something to animate for that scene. XD

But yeah, it's pretty necessary. More so because they can't assume that everyone has read or even watched Fate/Stay night.

However their Kara no Kyoukai Adaptation is closer to what I'd expect from a Persona 2 anime. Imagine a Persona 2 movie done like that?

Dantis

I'm really not a fan of Breaking Through, and I don't care very much for Soul Phrase (Probably my least favourite Meguro opening track, now that I've come to appreciate Shadow World).

The less Kita Shuuhei, the better.

He's a great singer on a technical level, I'm just not fond of his actual voice.

Gbraga

I'm really not a fan of Breaking Through, and I don't care very much for Soul Phrase (Probably my least favourite Meguro opening track, now that I've come to appreciate Shadow World).

He's a great singer on a technical level, I'm just not fond of his actual voice.

You're a terrible person

Squire

Banned

You like Shadow World now? Hell has frozen over.

Live version was awesome. That song is really it's own thing; it's distinct.

Rhapsody

Banned

I think I'm one of the few people that loved the first episode since I know a lot of people hated it.

I was fresh off of the VN, so seeing it all set up and Saber at the end gave me a warm feeling lol.
I've been having a hard time getting into Fate, but this magical girl Illya spin off thing has been awesome.
Fate is something that Kuroneko would like. Best appreciated if you pretty much know a crap load about it from various things lol

Dantis

You like Shadow World now? Hell has frozen over.

Live version was awesome. That song is really it's own thing; it's distinct.

I never disliked the song, I just disliked the opening video, and thought the song was weak by Meguro standards.

It still kind of is, but I feel like I appreciate what he was going for now. Something a bit more herpy derp.

Sophia

Another Persona/Atlus tease thread closed by Aeana XD

No surprise there. It turns into dumb platform wars shit. Even people who should know better get into it. :\

I never disliked the song, I just disliked the opening video, and thought the song was weak by Meguro standards.

It still kind of is, but I feel like I appreciate what he was going for now. Something a bit more herpy derp.

Shadow World really grew on me too. I love it now. I dunno if I'd put it above Breakin Through tho.

Squire

Banned

Never change, Dantis, really.

No surprise there. It turns into dumb platform wars shit. Even people who should know better get into it.
It's really a shame people make allegiance to a console maker =/ as gamers they should really get a console if they are interested in it's game.

It's worst in an Atlus thread with everyone pining over one and another for a company to buy them. 3rd party publisher will be best for Atlus
Sony 2nd TBPH XD

Young Magus

Also Tower/Chariot. I'm confused by this thing.

"The Tower and The Chariot share the issues of balance, control, energy, solidity and war. They contrast in their ways of handling every issue. The violent overthrow of rigid and ambitious structure contrasts with the invisible battle for balance and self-control. External contrasts with internal energy. The vulnerability of fortification contrasts with the durability of character.

The Tower is the tumultuous power at the center of everything. It is the constant potential for an occasional experience of the unexpected, the violent and sudden disruption of normal conditions; the power of complete surprise and the feeling of head-over-heels. The job of The Tower is to uproot dug-in positions and vested interests, to be the event horizon beyond which lies the unpredictable and unaccountable. The Tower is the end of complacency.

The Chariot is the steady flow of ceaseless intention that is the warrior in everything. Its job is to harness all competing impulses and energies, to overcome all obstacles and resistances, and against all odds, carry everything to its destiny. On this journey, everything becomes what it must become and nothing is lacking.

Unintegrated and imperfectly realized, The Tower can be capricious, frightening and disastrous. It can rob effort of its proper reward, and destroy faith in both justice and mercy. It can be melodramatic, or it can be pointless, random and gratuitously painful.

The Chariot can vacillate and side-step, or turn tail and run. It can be vainglorious and posturing, or overly sensitive and ineffectual. It can lose heart in the middle of a task, and mope.

Together, they are afraid of nothing, can stand successfully against any opponent, either internal or external, and when the time comes, they will rise to the ultimate challenge and be equal to it."

Balance,Control,differ in options....
NEUTRAL PATH CONFIRMED!

cjkeats

Not exactly Persona, but spotted when I was going back through the Watamote manga.
42g6p.png

I now feel like I've seen a reference to persona in another chapter of this. Could've been another manga altogether though.

Logash

Guys, the translation of that blog post by Katsura Hashino pretty much confirms the announcement for next year right? Lots of different translations and I'm s little confused.

Dantis

Nice. Hopefully the anime shows it some love too.

Also, Breakin Through was the best part of Trinity Soul.

Nah. Lotus Juice's tracks were miles better, I thought.

Show had some good episodes too.

Guys, the translation of that blog post by Katsura Hashino pretty much confirms the announcement for next year right? Lots of different translations and I'm s little confused.

Nope. Apparently it revealed absolute nothing, haha.

Squire

Banned

The one that was used in the thread says there's announcements this year and next. If it was wrong, Aeana would've told Nirolak. Nirolak would've changed it.

There is something being announced this year.

Logash

The one that was used in the thread says there's announcements this year and next. If it was wrong, Aeana would've told Nirolak. Nirolak would've changed it.

There is something being announced this year.

From what I got from that, the announcements this year were the updates he was giving in the blog post.

Sophia

From what I got from that, the announcements this year were the updates he was giving in the blog post.

This is not what it said.

Gemtasu has a full translation:

Hello, this is Hashino from the Persona Team,

With the live music event [Persona Music Fes] finally opening at Nippon Budokan, I’d like to thank all the fans who came out to support our project on behalf of the developers.

Before we realized, the series had become a popular topic. From television anime to theatrical plays and now large stage musical events. I truly feel that we’ve been blessed. Looking back on development, it was 2004 when we finished the Digital Devil Saga and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and the same team set out to start work on Persona 3. It’s already been almost 10 years! That we’ve been able to come this far is thanks to all of your encouragement. Thank you, everyone.

I’m sorry for the recent circumstances that may have caused you all concern. As next year is the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand, there were a few things we wanted to announce, but we need you to wait a little longer. All of the unannounced titles we’re still wrestling with are currently under “earnest development.” We’re just trying to figure out how to further better them. While we’ve been spending our busy days full of challenges, we’ll do our best to work heartily and not break concentration!

Recently, it appears the value of games have become more diverse, but with your love of video games, our creative minds and accumulated know-how, and as long as the anticipation is kept alive, I believe the future of gaming will be magnificent, encouraging, and full of fun. As part of a creator, I would be happy if we were able to contribute toward that value. And to all of you, if our games are one part of your “happiness,” we couldn’t be happier.

Atlus Persona Team
Director and Producer
Katsura Hashino

Note the context of the bolded. He is not saying "They're announcing stuff next year" nor is he saying "They are not announcing stuff this year."

FluxWaveZ

Note the context of the bolded. He is not saying "They're announcing stuff next year" nor is he saying "They are not announcing stuff this year."

Which translation are we supposed to assume is more accurate: the NeoGAF thread's one via Dual Shockers or the complete version from Gematsu?

Logash

This one is a little different than the one I read. Isn't it weird how the only thing really different about all these translations is the most important thing in the post. I like this one the best though :p

Sophia

Which translation are we supposed to assume is more accurate: the NeoGAF thread's one via Dual Shockers or the complete version from Gematsu?

I took it the same way Gemtasu did, but I'm no means an expert. It's weird how the DualShockers translation got something different from Gemtasu, but they're honestly saying the same thing more or less.

More importantly, regardless of which translation, it says nothing definite about if there will be announcements this year or not.

FluxWaveZ

I took it the same way Gemtasu did. It's weird how the DualShockers translation got something different from Gemtasu, but they're honestly saying the same thing more or less.

More importantly, regardless of which translation, it says nothing one definite about if there will be announcements this year.

That's true since Dual Shockers' translation can be interpreted in multiple ways, so I suppose the point is moot. It'd be nice to have an official word on whether or not they have something to announce this year, but at least we know that there'll definitely be exciting things to announce next year.

Logash

That's true since Dual Shockers' translation can be interpreted in multiple ways, so I suppose the point is moot. It'd be nice to have an official word on whether or not they have something to announce this year, but at least we know that there'll definitely be exciting things to announce next year.

Absolutely. Regardless of interpretation, the wait is almost over.

Pollux

P4 question...I'm at the Void Quest boss, I'm level 39 and the fog comes tomorrow and I keep getting destroyed. Am I screwed? Any advice?

Sophia

P4 question...I'm at the Void Quest boss, I'm level 39 and the fog comes tomorrow and I keep getting destroyed. Am I screwed? Any advice?

You can always farm SP restoring items in earlier dungeons. It's not possible to get screwed at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom