• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

There you go with those shitty interesting opinions again.

But seriously, it's an art style that goes great with the cartoonish violence and action the associated series has.

Not that I'd ever watch it in the first place, but I don't think I could enjoy a show that looked like that.

U mad bro

Very, very rarely. This is not one of those times.

Arena 1 made me legitimately angry when the region lock was announced though. At that point I still hoping the game could be good, despite my doubts about it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm able to tolerate most art styles out there. It's hard to name some off the top of my head for ones I don't really like, just as long as the quality of the drawing itself is good.

kewlmyc

I'm able to tolerate most art styles out there. It's hard to name some off the top of my head for ones I don't really like, just as long as the quality of the drawing itself is good.

I couldn't get in Panty and Stocking's artstyle. The toilet humor didn't help much either.

Caladrius

All of you have awful taste.

15_aaa.jpg

Choke on that.

Rhapsody

Banned
I couldn't get in Panty and Stocking's artstyle. The toilet humor didn't help much either.

I liked it overall. Humor was hit or miss me here and there. Although when Japan tries to attempt that ("western") humor style, I feel like they try too hard sometimes. imo While humor in South Park feels much more natural. Or maybe it's because they're just really good and clever about it.

kewlmyc

I liked it overall. Humor was hit or miss me here and there. Although when Japan tries to attempt that ("western") humor style, I feel like they try too hard sometimes. imo While humor in South Park feels much more natural. Or maybe it's because they're just really good and clever about it.

It felt like a poorly done Adult Swim show (humor wise), but with a better animation budget. The animation was fluid and great during action sequences, but any other time, the artstyle just killed it for me. It was like the Powerpuff Girls artsyle, but minus all the charm that made that show good to look at.

All of you have awful taste.

15_aaa.jpg

Choke on that.

I'd watch it.

Dantis

Oh you silly weebs and your stupid japanese cartoons!

*continues drawing pictures of animu girls*

snrk

At first I was going to post the Banderas GIF, then I realised that this doesn't really mean or show anything.

So instead you get a

are-you-done.gif

SO, I am ashamed to admit that I have not listened to the SMTIV podcast until now, but now I am. WHILE I TRY TO GET FIENDS TO SPAWN, HELP ME. At least Maya's theme was there for a few seconds to soothe my rage.

Levito

Banned
Maya's theme is pretty fucking awesome.

At first I was going to post the Banderas GIF, then I realised that this doesn't really mean or show anything.

I'm like Sinéad O'Connor, and you're like a picture of the pope.

But seriously why did Gabe Newell cancel Persona 5?

Dantis

Maya's theme is pretty fucking awesome.

It's really, really great, particularly Konishi's arrangement. It works so perfectly on electric guitar.

I'm like Sinéad O'Connor, and you're like a picture of the pope.

Sinead O Connor guest sang on Tears From The Moon by Conjure One. I only found out about the photo-ripping thing after I heard her on there a few years back.

Lady sounds crazy.

SO I AM LISTENING TO HOW YOU GUYS ARE BREAKING DOWN HOW THE FIENDS IN SMTIV ARE DUMB WHILE IM TRYING TO GET A FIEND TO SPAWN.

I AGREE.

Btw, Nocturne is actually a stand out to having Fiends spawn in set places that always happens. SMT 1, 2 SJ and IV all have fiends spawn the way they do in IV. Raidou 2 also has random spawns but compared to the mainline, they spawn much more commonly, you will probably fight a couple before that game is over playing normally.

BTW, Neutral path changes between being just as bad as Law and Chaos, or being clearly better than Law and Chaos, from SMT game to SMT game, dunno why.

Also, Nocturne has more than just those 2/3 alignments, but it DOESN'T have those alignments. Instead of Law, Neutral, and Chaos, it has Reason's of Shijima, Musubi, Yosuga, Demon, True Demon, and Human.

A REAL problem with Neutrality in SMTIV, is you can be TOO neutral, and end up not Neutral. If you are Neutral at the time of the BIG choice, you are forced to pick either a hard law or a hard chaos choice. If you are TRUE Neutral at that point, you will be pushed over into law or chaos, if you are law at that point, going chaos puts you into Neutral, and vice verca.

Rhapsody

Banned
I never get why in anime/games, if it's a transfer student, they sit towards that center area. If they're not a transfer student, they sit at the left wall, 2 or 3 seats from the back next to the window.

Soriku

I never get why in anime/games, if it's a transfer student, they sit towards that center area. If they're not a transfer student, they sit at the left wall, 2 or 3 seats from the back next to the window.

The center area gives more attention to the character, the seats near the windows allow the character to see what's happening outside for plot purposes? I guess.

I get what you were saying about applying the calendar system to mainline SMT would make the impact of its social impact stuff that much better, I really hope to YHWH they NEVER add the calendar system to SMT. I feel the calendar system, or at least how it is in its current form in Persona, is one of Persona's weaknesses.

Gazoinks

I get what you were saying about applying the calendar system to mainline SMT would make the impact of its social impact stuff that much better, I really hope to YHWH they NEVER add the calendar system to SMT. I feel the calendar system, or at least how it is in its current form in Persona, is one of Persona's weaknesses.

I'd really like it if they divided into blocks in future games. Something like Early afternoon, mid afternoon, late afternoon at the very minimum. That way you can get some granularity to it (and not spend an entire day turning a dial on a capsule machine) without getting into annoying micromanagement of time units or something.

I'd really like it if they divided into blocks in future games. Something like Early afternoon, mid afternoon, late afternoon at the very minimum. That way you can get some granularity to it (and not spend an entire day turning a dial on a capsule machine) without getting into annoying micromanagement of time units or something.

Yea, that could be neat! Actually, I want an hour system, certain actions take certain hours!

Devil Survivor IS a good blend of Perosna and SMT, S Link FM guys. The first one actually feels like they took Persona type characters and tossed them into an SMT 1 situation. (Tokyo demon lock down) 2 Is actually disappointing in that they made it a Neon Genesis EVA clone. It also technically has a calendar system, and has an slink type system. There are characters that align to Law and Chaos and Neutral, and a few other characters that don't tie to any alignment.

About the fusion skill thing, you weren't MEANT to make the perfect demons you wanted, it was meant to be that way. Now you can just always make the perfect demon.

Soriku

How does this work with the dungeon crawling structure of SMT though? It makes sense in Persona but with SMT it would just be a liability.

Gazoinks

Yea, that could be neat!

Devil Survivor IS a good blend of Perosna and SMT, S Link FM guys. The first one actually feels like they took Persona type characters and tossed them into an SMT 1 situation. (Tokyo demon lock down) 2 Is actually disappointing in that they made it a Neon Genesis EVA clone. It also technically has a calendar system, and has an slink type system. There are characters that align to Law and Chaos and Neutral, and a few other characters that don't tie to any alignment.

Need to get around to playing these guys sometime, I like the idea of a TBS MegaTen game. I don't even know if I still have my DS.

How does this work with the dungeon crawling structure of SMT though? It makes sense in Persona but with SMT it would just be a liability.

Oh, I was talking about for future Persona games.

Rhapsody

Banned
The center area gives more attention to the character, the seats near the windows allow the character to see what's happening outside for plot purposes? I guess.
Hm, that makes sense, especially on giving more attention to the character.

Calendar system for regular SMT would be too weird to me. I enjoy it in Persona, but having it in SMT would destroy the flow of the main plot.
It wouldn't make too much sense to have one for me.

kewlmyc

I would like this. Have it broken down into hours and different activities take up different amounts of time. Story missions take up an entire day, social links take up like 4 hours, and playing the capsule/crane machine only takes up an hour at most.

I would like this. Have it broken down into hours and different activities take up different amounts of time. Story missions take up an entire day, social links take up like 4 hours, and playing the capsule/crane machine only takes up an hour at most.

Driving to a kind of far away city takes up absolutely no time, but turning the dial of a capsule machine takes the entire day.

Dantis

It's worth pointing out that time passed differently in Catherine.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to that in P5.

The reason Nocturne and SJ seem so original compared to SMTIV, for you slink fm folk, is that Nocturne and SJ were written to be original and interesting, while SMTIV feels like its written to be an SMT1 tribute/redo type deal.

Dantis

How did it work, for those of us that haven't played it?

Basically the same way as Persona, but much, much smaller timeframes, and I think different actions used up different amounts of time.

The reason Nocturne and SJ seem so original compared to SMTIV, for you slink fm folk, is that Nocturne and SJ were written to be original and interesting, while SMTIV feels like its written to be an SMT1 tribute/redo type deal.

Even the soundtrack seems that way. Nocturne and SJ had pretty experimental OSTs, whilst SMT4's is just constant throwbacks to the pre-PS2 games..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom