• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyy

Lost all my Persona 4G progress after my brother reformated our memory card >.< little brothers I tell ya.....

At least the P5 news has hyped me up to restart my 2nd playthrough.

Samyy

Aeana is scaring my with her trolling
Better not be xbone exclusive cause Im not getting one of those until they are 199 >=(

Lost all my Persona 4G progress after my brother reformated our memory card >.< little brothers I tell ya.....

At least the P5 news has hyped me up to restart my 2nd playthrough.

I hear you (<----- oldest brother of three).

One time my middle brother deleted all of the data off of my GameCube memory card. I was really upset at first, but then realized that he did it by accident while trying to transfer it all to a new one that he had bought for me, and I couldn't stay mad. With brothers, it can be the best of times and the worst of times.

Daimaou

Aeana is scaring my with her trolling
Better not be xbone exclusive cause Im not getting one of those until they are 199 >=(

WiiU is more likely than Xbone. No way Atlus would sink their current flagship sending it to die on a console that, last I knew, hasn't even been announced for Japan.

Samyy

I hear you (<----- oldest brother of three).

One time my middle brother deleted all of the data off of my GameCube memory card. I was really upset at first, but then realized that he did it by accident while trying to transfer it all to a new one that he had bought for me, and I couldn't stay mad. With brothers, it can be the best of times and the worst of times.

Yeaa haha I know what you mean
Right now he wont let me play Dark Souls unless hes there to watch (and hes like 8, brave kid), its hilarious to see his reactions to all the huge monsters. Im really happy he decided to watch me play because that game is way too stressful for me to play by myself :p

WiiU wouldn't be bad but I probably cant afford one for 2 years minimum

Squire

Banned
WiiU is more likely than Xbone. No way Atlus would sink their current flagship sending it to die on a console that, last I knew, hasn't even been announced for Japan.

It was announced for them on May 21.

You know, the same day as everywhere else.

Daimaou

It was announced for them on May 21.

You know, the same day as everywhere else.

Pretty sure it wasn't, I remember people pointing out that they didn't list it in their planned regions. Time to doublecheck.

Edit: I was wrong, they have said they plan to release it there, but after this year as they're a "Tier 2" country.

Squire

Banned
Pretty sure it wasn't, I remember people pointing out that they didn't list it in their planned regions. Time to doublecheck.

Edit: I was wrong, they have said they plan to release it there, but after this year as they're a "Tier 2" country.

Not really. The Xbox One will only be functional in Japan sometime in 2014.

Edit: Though I'd say that still counts as an announcement for the region? Dunno.

They announced it the same day. MS Osaka streamed the event and sent out a press release on May 21.

When it will launch in the region (Fall 2014) is a different conversation.

I think she's good. A lot if us do, but it's probably a 50/50 split. She gets better as the game goes on.

FluxWaveZ

They announced it the same day. MS Osaka streamed the event and sent out a press release on May 21.

When it will launch in the region (Fall 2014) is a different conversation.

Yeah, so it was officially announced for everyone on the same day. Still, I feel like it's dangerous for any Japanese developer to have a title developed exclusively for the Xbox One unless it's aimed mostly at a western audience.

So, uh. How do Persona fans feel about Chie's VO? ><

Newer VA is better, but I dislike it practically anytime a character's VA is changed because I feel it's a fundamental part to the character. Still, new one's fine.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, so it was officially announced for everyone on the same day. Still, I feel like it's dangerous for any Japanese developer to have a title developed exclusively for the Xbox One unless it's aimed mostly at a western audience.

Honestly, the suggestion it would be on the platform kinda makes me roll my eyes a little.

I'm serious when I say I'd take it, since I plan to buy the platform, but realistically I don't see it happening. I don't think anyone does. It's just this really obvious thing people are throwing around to rustle certain posters jimmies.

Meia

I think she's awesome both as Chie and as a person. She brought an energy to the role which the old VA, Tracey Rooney, lacked.

This. There were a few very sketchy deliveries by her in Golden, but considering how many lines the game has, not going to crucify the whole role over it. Was also fine for the entirety of Arena and the Animation.

And I still can't see Xbox One, especially if it's considered a tier 2 region for them. It would probably be the most idiotic business decision Index could do. Then again, they've gotten in trouble recently on that side...

Squire

Banned
And I still can't see Xbox One, especially if it's considered a tier 2 region for them. It would probably be the most idiotic business decision Index could do. Then again, they've gotten in trouble recently on that side...

As bad as their terminology is here, people are getting hung up on this comment and making it more than it is.

It's a reference point for release timing. It doesn't mean they aren't going to compete at all.

Daimaou

As bad as their terminology is here, people are getting hung up on this comment and making it more than it is.

It's a reference point for release timing. It doesn't mean they aren't going to compete at all.

It says a lot about their focus. If they thought Japan was worth the effort, they would make it work ASAP.

Sophia

If this were almost any other company at all, I'd pretty much agree with you. But it's Microsoft, and I always suspect a hidden meaning in what they say. :\

Squire

Banned
It says a lot about their focus. If they thought Japan was worth the effort, they would make it work ASAP.

Sure. And it's not. It's a smaller market. That's not something MS decided or a thing to be debated; It's just how it is.

A title considered a massive success in JP (like MonHun) is towered over by a western juggernaut (like CoD or BF).

Less customers. Less profit potential. Less focus. Tier 2. It doesn't mean Japanese people are sub-human or anything.

If this were almost any other company at all, I'd pretty much agree with you. But it's Microsoft, and I always suspect a hidden meaning in what they say. :

That's really sad :/ It's just business!

Squire

Banned
And as a consumer, Microsoft's done enough shady business over the years to make me suspect everything they do or say. :p

I try to keep my perspective within reason. That's all. :p

It won't be on Xbox One though. Regardless of how anyone feels about the console.

Meia

As always, I go where the games are.

For consoles, I stick with japanese games and exclusives I'm interested in, for all else I have the PC. Given this, and Microsoft is treating a whole region(do we honestly think Japan will take kindly to the label, no matter how innocent it may be?), the chances of games popping up on it that I'm interested in are much lower.

As I said in the other thread, I'd rather P5 pop up on the Xbox than the 3DS. The last thing I want is the game on a very limited storage medium.

Daimaou

Sure. And it's not. It's a smaller market. That's not something MS decided or a thing to be debated; It's just how it is.

A title considered a massive success in JP (like MonHun) is towered over by a western juggernaut (like CoD or BF).

Less customers. Less profit potential. Less focus. Tier 2. It doesn't mean Japanese people are sub-human or anything.

I didn't say it did, or that their actions didn't make sense from a business standpoint.

What I'm saying is that MS seems disinterested in Japan, or at least less so than other regions. The Xbone is likely going to be DoA in Japan, much like the 360 was, without a significant push to cater that market. Which we've already established is unlikely.

Why would Atlus put their flagship there, without a sizable incentive from MS? Furthermore, why would MS chase a niche publisher as their "way in" to Japan?

Edit: Nevermind, you agree with me. :p

Squire

Banned
(do we honestly think Japan will take kindly to the label, no matter how innocent it may be?)

It won't ever be presented to them. "Tier 1" hasn't been presented to us, in kind. Because it's not marketing; it's an internal, strategic, corporate term dropped in an interview and subsequently micro-analyzed to mean more than the very little it obviously does.

It'll have the same effect a term like "Whale" has on MMO players: none. It's out there, but few notice.

Yup, agreed. Some lines are flubbed, but overall, better than the original.

Even the flubbed lines reek of effort though, and I can't really think of a better voice for Chie.

I hope my experience with Sam Riegel on Friday is as positive as yours was with Erin! Do we have a full panel for this one yet?

Squire

Banned
Even the flubbed lines reek of effort though, and I can't really think of a better voice for Chie.

I hope my experience with Sam Riegel on Friday is as positive as yours was with Erin! Do we have a full panel for this one yet?

It will be you, Levito, possibly CJ Iwakura, and myself ^_^

Samyy

I want to play VLR but I can't be bothered to hunt down a copy of the previous game....
Maybe I'll youtube a game for the first time :x

Lunar15

So uh... what are the chances Index only registered that site due to worrying they wouldn't be able to do so during the bankruptcy?

FluxWaveZ

So uh... what are the chances Index only registered that site due to worrying they wouldn't be able to do so during the bankruptcy?

I'm not sure I understand...? They registered it for fear that they wouldn't be able to register it later? But then why would they register it at all?

Samyy

I think Aeana pretty much confirmed it'll be revealed before or at TGS in the thread, she stated that its reveal got pushed back due to the bankruptcy

I don't know if thats completely trustworthy but its something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom