• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Late Summer 2014, and then early 2015 is a good timeframe for the movies actually. :S

After all, this isn't Evangelion that takes 5+ years to make a movie. :p

Meia

So, they spent a year promoting and producing the first film and you're thinking the next two will be out the following summer and then winter? Major theatrical motion pictures? That doesn't seem inconsistent to you?

Inconsistent would be having the movie finished for a bit like this one probably is and not working on the next one in the mean time. :p

Still probably a pipe dream with one movie a year more realistic, but one can hope. :)

kewlmyc

So, they spent a year promoting and producing the first film and you're thinking the next two will be out the following summer and then winter? Major theatrical motion pictures? That doesn't seem inconsistent to you?

I don't think the movies are as big of releases as you're making them out to be. However, it all depends on BD/DVD releases. It usually takes 8 months for a BD/DVD release for most anime movies, so a year apart seems the most logical. There are always exceptions though, like the Berserk movies so I could be wrong.

Daimaou

Late Summer 2014, and then early 2015 is a good timeframe for the movies actually. :S

After all, this isn't Evangelion that takes 5+ years to make a movie. :p

The movie was announced June 10th 2012, so it's been in the works for about a year and a half.

I honestly don't expect them to turn them out all that much faster than that.

Squire

Banned
I don't think the movies are as big of releases as you're making them out to be. However, it all depends on BD/DVD releases. It usually takes 8 months for a BD/DVD release for most anime movies, so a year apart seems the most logical. There are always exceptions though, like the Berserk movies so I could be wrong.

Sure. I don't think they're cultural events, I'm just saying Atlus has been happy to promote SoB over a year as a major motion picture. The entities involved in producing these films are clearly invested on that level.

The movie was announced June 10th 2012, so it's been in the works for about a year and a half.

Yeah, we've been talking about this film forever. I see no reason to expect them to be put on a fast track. You can pull the wind out of your own promotional sails by doing that.

Dantis

Completely off topic, but Rayman Legends is too fucking good. I actually feel bad for renting it.

Also, I now think that the three announcements will be a new game, a social/iOS/somethingelseshit game and... something else.

Sophia

I doubt they've been working on the movie for a year and a half. Animation and production probably ended around the time we got the second PV or maybe a bit after. Animation studios don't work linearly, and are usually ahead by a bit when it comes to this stuff.

The success/failure of the first movie will probably impact production times for the second one tho.

Daimaou

I doubt they've been working on the movie for a year and a half. Animation and production probably ended around the time we got the second PV. The success/failure of the first movie will probably impact production times for the second one tho.

It probably has been done for a bit so they could get it ready for distribution, and they probably did start production on the second one in the meantime. That said, I don't see that shaving more than 6 months off it.

I also don't know all that much about the film industry, so who knows.

Sorian

Banned
Completely off topic, but Rayman Legends is too fucking good. I actually feel bad for renting it.

Also, I now think that the three announcements will be a new game, a social/iOS/somethingelseshit game and... something else.

By new game, you mean a remake of a remake, right?

Sophia

Persona 3 for iOS and Android. Port of Persona 3 Portable with all design choices and VN style cutscenes intact.

This is actually far too likely...

Persona 3 for iOS and Android. Port of Persona 3 Portable with all design choices and VN style cutscenes intact.

This is actually far too likely...

It actually wouldn't be horrible, but it'd be an awful way to allocate resources for those of us who have already played them to death backwards and forwards.

e: And fuckballs that would be HUUUUUGE for an 'app' to download. unless everything got put into extreme compression

Persona 5 better not have a cliched ending sequence
where all the social links give 'strength' to the MC one by one
. Okami
handled that stuff way better.

Gazoinks

It actually wouldn't be horrible, but it'd be an awful way to allocate resources for those of us who have already played them to death backwards and forwards.

e: And fuckballs that would be HUUUUUGE for an 'app' to download. unless everything got put into extreme compression

Either that or they squish it by making Tartarus a VN too. :p Menu-based battles go!

Gazoinks

Needs more hell hands pulling the party to their doom.

.......It would probably be more fun that way.

I REALLY hope they improve the dungeons in P5. Heck, I'd like non-randomized dungeons. There's not really a huge amount of backtracking through dungeon floors, so I don't feel like the randomization is particularly necessary.

cjkeats

It's only a little over a gig, that's not big at all. Lots of iOS games are around that size and bigger.

Persona 5 better not have a cliched ending sequence
where all the social links give 'strength' to the MC one by one
. Okami
handled that stuff way better.

I think they could do a Harry Potter 1-style "your-friend helped you and then got left behind" thing, but in the end that's more or less the moral of the social link idea.

What I think is more likely, and what I really hope for, is that that stuff gets more downplayed and isn't the entirety of plot and ending. I'm hesitant to say the True Ending of Persona 4 was close to unnecessary, though I do like a lot about it.

e: Oops missed refresh

It's only a little over a gig, that's not big at all. Lots of iOS games are around that size and bigger.

I'm not up to date with iOS games
because fuck Apple's products :p
, but wow. I looked up the iso and you're right. I'm suprised. The original was like 4GB or so and would be half your capacity on a 8 gig.

Gazoinks

I think they could do a Harry Potter 1-style "your-friend helped you and then got left behind" thing, but in the end that's more or less the moral of the social link idea.

What I think is more likely, and what I really hope for, is that that stuff gets more downplayed and isn't the entirety of plot and ending. I'm hesitant to say the True Ending of Persona 4 was close to unnecessary, though I do like a lot about it.

P4 True End Spoilers
I always felt like P4's true end doesn't really add that much to the plot as a whole, which is a touch disappointing. I mean, yeah it clears up some lasting mysteries, but it doesn't really change anything. Ameno-sagiri has exactly the same motive as Izanami so the plot twist is basically "This one guy wanted to do this thing oh wait no he's the minion of this other guy who wanted to do the same thing". They even disappear in the same way going all "Alright you beat me but I'm really powerful but I'll watch and see how awesome humans are". Not to mention that there's already been a ton of "Oh wait this guy was the real villain along" plot twists throughout the series, so another one is a bit much.

Sophia

I'm not up to date with iOS games
because fuck Apple's products :p
, but wow. I looked up the iso and you're right. I'm suprised. The original was like 4GB or so and would be half your capacity on a 8 gig.

The fact that they managed to cram all of Persona 3 onto the PSP is downright amazing, actually. >_>;

P4 True End Spoilers
I always felt like P4's true end doesn't really add that much to the plot as a whole, which is a touch disappointing. I mean, yeah it clears up some lasting mysteries, but it doesn't really change anything. Ameno-sagiri has exactly the same motive as Izanami so the plot twist is basically "This one guy wanted to do this thing oh wait no he's the minion of this other guy who wanted to do the same thing". They even disappear in the same way going all "Alright you beat me but I'm really powerful but I'll watch and see how awesome humans are". Not to mention that there's already been a ton of "Oh wait this guy was the real villain along" plot twists throughout the series, so another one is a bit much.

Spoiler Reply to P4 True End Spoilers
Yeah, totally. There's cool stuff like the Izanagi/Izanami and as sappy as it is- I was attached enough to P4 characters to not mind them all giving me their friendship powers to win, but ultimately it was a bit weird.

In fact I'll go the extra mile and say I like how the anime handled the importance of that fight a lot more.
Yu's shadow and everything made that all feel a lot more personal and final- though it'd never work exactly in the game, it's a good parallel to compare and contrast with. I kinda prefer it myself.

Gazoinks

Spoiler Reply to P4 True End Spoilers
Yeah, totally. There's cool stuff like the Izanagi/Izanami and as sappy as it is- I was attached enough to P4 characters to not mind them all giving me their friendship powers to win, but ultimately it was a bit weird.

In fact I'll go the extra mile and say I like how the anime handled the importance of that fight a lot more.
Yu's shadow and everything made that all feel a lot more personal and final- though it'd never work exactly in the game, it's a good parallel to compare and contrast with. I kinda prefer it myself.

Yeah, the anime did a good job with that, although it felt a bit rushed at times. The inclusion of the
Margaret fight, especially.

sasliquid

Completely off topic, but Rayman Legends is too fucking good. I actually feel bad for renting it

However much I loved origins I feel totally uncompelled to buy legends, at least not until it's cheaper

In other news I got my P4G copy signed today by Troy Baker, Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt so yay

Dantis

However much I loved origins I feel totally uncompelled to buy legends, at least not until it's cheaper

In other news I got my P4G copy signed today by Troy Baker, Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt so yay

YOU BASTARD.

My friend is at MCM and I asked him to get me some stuff, but he didn't read the text until after he left. :(

Also Legends crushes Origins.

Yeah, the anime did a good job with that, although it felt a bit rushed at times. The inclusion of the
Margaret fight, especially.

Oh yeah. It was rushed as hell, but the ideas there were good enough to keep things redeemable/good/interesting IMO. More or less, I'm just glad it's not the same.

sasliquid

YOU BASTARD.

My friend is at MCM and I asked him to get me some stuff, but he didn't read the text until after he left. :(

Also Legends crushes Origins.

Luv u 2

I Can't imagine how legends could crush origins, I consider the latter as close to a perfect game as any game I've played in recent memory

cjkeats

tumblr_mvb0apjJuf1sjdczao1_500.jpg

Snrk

Sophia

Man, this console warz turned gaming side into crazy asylum lol

As I said on twitter, it reminds me animals fighting each other while occasionally snapping at their human trainer.

It is bizarrely interesting to read for 3:30 in the morning and not feeling good, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom