• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

If Yukkiko in the battle outfit don't exist already, it won't be long before it does.

Considering Yukiko in every other outfit ever exists on pixiv and the boorus, I'm sure.

Shame it's too late to start searching, but if it weren't for that, I would bee knee-deep searching in Pixiv for that artwork.

Also, I release you all from the horrible pic that was in the last page. Welcome to a better page.
Don't you dare post that again here.

Gimme a sec and I'll find something else to post here :lol

Joke is on you, inferior 50ppp user. Still the same page here!

Squire

Banned
i don't give it that much credit, but i give it a little credit for that.

What are your general thoughts on it? I think it's funny and I generally like the art. It's wacky like FLCL, but there doesn't seem to be anything happening there thematically and the humor isn't as smart either. I like it a lot, but the glass is certainly half-full for me.

Jintor

It's just coasting on style right now for me. There's a lot of humour in the animations but it doesn't seem to have that core of genuine feeling that TTGL had in it that made it more than just well-made absurdity.

I feel very strongly uncomfortable about the absolutely blatant fanservice - more so now that it's an actual plot point that parading around near-naked actually translates to being strong. It feels uncomfortably close to excuse-for-naked-girls territory rather than anything of any real meaning or value, at least at this point.

In conclusion,

untitled-2-1309279310.jpg

Dantis

That battle suit really is silly. Her regular black kamui is great though. I wanna see Yukiko in that.

Jeepers, it is silly.

It's just coasting on style right now for me. There's a lot of humour in the animations but it doesn't seem to have that core of genuine feeling that TTGL had in it that made it more than just well-made absurdity.

I feel very strongly uncomfortable about the absolutely blatant fanservice - more so now that it's an actual plot point that parading around near-naked actually translates to being strong. It feels uncomfortably close to excuse-for-naked-girls territory rather than anything of any real meaning or value, at least at this point.

In conclusion,
This is a smart post. I don't even know anything about the show, haha!

Meia

I didn't mind sword art online, though the reaction from the Toonami thread was HILARIOUS a week or so ago. :D

Feels there was a lot of potential in the series there that never really came of much though. Can hope the books were better, but meh.

Kill la Kill is freaking CRAZY as hell, but I like it. Has the craziness of FLCL(music queues seem reminiscent of it too), but it's not as smart as that show was. Which is fine, in the zany department I like it better than Excel Saga so far. The fanservice though, yeah no. Was a little better that there's a reason for it now, but even then, eh.

I didn't mind sword art online, though the reaction from the Toonami thread was HILARIOUS a week or so ago. :D
Been hilarious for the past few weeks. I have no interest in continuing watching it since I just plain didn't care for it, but reading ToonamiGAF at 2 am brings me some good laughs

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Isn't the general consensus that the first arc of SAO isn't that bad up until the second arc is where is becomes downright awful?

What were some of the reactions? Regarding what? I haven't seen it and don't really have a caring interest to either.

Meia

Isn't the general consensus that the first arc of SAO isn't that bad up until the second arc is where is becomes downright awful?

What were some of the reactions? Regarding what? I haven't seen it and don't really have a caring interest to either.

There's a two episode string of the excellent first half of SA:O where a kid is introduced, and much hilarious reactions ensue from those that watch it. :p

kewlmyc

There's a two episode string of the excellent first half of SA:O where a kid is introduced, and much hilarious reactions ensue from those that watch it. :p

Oh god, they're watching the psudo parents arc? That's when I stopped watching when it was originally airing. SAO has a good concept that falls flat due to the actual characters, mostly "perfect" Kirito and Asuna, who is pretty good unless she's around Kirito (which is a lot)

As for Kill la Kill, I'm sort of enjoying it. I really liked the 4th episdoe for some reason though, just pure stupid fun. The fanservice is obnoxious though, so that knocks off a lot of points. Feels like I can't show this anime to a friend without getting odd looks.

Meia

Oh god, they're watching the psudo parents arc? That's when I stopped watching when it was originally airing. SAO has a good concept that falls flat due to the actual characters, mostly "perfect" Kirito and Asuna, who is pretty good unless she's around Kirito (which is a lot)

As for Kill la Kill, I'm sort of enjoying it. I really liked the 4th episdoe for some reason though, just pure stupid fun. The fanservice is obnoxious though, so that knocks off a lot of points. Feels like I can't show this anime to a friend without getting odd looks.

Yep, I like getting my friend into anime since he likes things with good stories(loved Death Note for example), but it's hard to with something like Kill la Kill for that reason. Though he did like Excel Saga when we watched it, though Kill la Kill because of the battle mode being that, it's almost like the whole show is made around it, while the talking uniform without being pervy is a much more interesting plot device(not to mention I think it just flat out looks better).

Daimaou

In conclusion,

untitled-2-1309279310.jpg

I actually have a pretty long winded response to this, but I'm not going to derail the thread with quibbling over what is or isn't feminism.

Meia

End of Chapter 4 in Corpse Party. Yeah, unless the last chapter/ending is nonsensical, it's one of those games that I wish EVERYONE had played.

Meia

1st one is a total harem pic.

Nice idea with the Eva characters in that classic P4 pic. Took me a sec to see what they did there. :p

P5 released next year with P3 Velvet and whatever the hell else. BELIEVE.

You know what, let's get totally crazy: Persona 2 HD collection with improved gameplay/graphics with both games slapped together, and this is why 2 EP PSP never came out. There's your 3rd game.

1st one is a total harem pic.

Nice idea with the Eva characters in that classic P4 pic. Took me a sec to see what they did there. :p

P5 released next year with P3 Velvet and whatever the hell else. BELIEVE.

You know what, let's get totally crazy: Persona 2 HD collection with improved gameplay/graphics with both games slapped together, and this is why 2 EP PSP never came out. There's your 3rd game.

MEIA PLS LETS NOT GET TOOOO CRAZY HERE

Squire

Banned
no p3 remaster until p5 is out pls

Obligatory whynotboth.jpeg

I imagine they'd both release in the same year. Not sure which would come first, since P5's been in the works for ages and they wouldn't need to spend too long on P3. Could end up being really close together.

Meia

I would imagine if P3 Velvet is one of them, it'll probably coincide when the final movie is out in theaters, so I'd guess whenever that is.

Then again, maybe the three announcements are two games and one release date for the next movie? This is what makes this so much FUN. We know one of them will be a game, but how many of them will be?

....I'd really want a remade 2. Sigh.

I would imagine if P3 Velvet is one of them, it'll probably coincide when the final movie is out in theaters, so I'd guess whenever that is.

Then again, maybe the three announcements are two games and one release date for the next movie? This is what makes this so much FUN. We know one of them will be a game, but how many of them will be?

So do I but lets be real here :c

Gazoinks

Persona Complete Velvet Edition. HD next gen remakes of every Persona game, plus 5.

Costs $400

Is the only way of getting P5

Squire

Banned

I highly doubt that. You're talking about delaying what would probably amount to 9-12 months work by 2-3 years. Makes no sense to announce it this early and then sit on it that long. If we're to assume they're going after the same market that bought P4G, that means it's a Vita game, which means time isn't really a luxury they're afforded.

Dantis

The unlikeliness of them announcing two Persona games at once has only just occurred to me.

Now that I've actually thought about it, it seems impossible.

Sorian

Banned
I highly doubt that. You're talking about delaying what would probably amount to 9-12 months work by 2-3 years. Makes no sense to announce it this early and then sit on it that long. If we're to assume they're going after the same market that bought P4G, that means it's a Vita game, which means time isn't really a luxury they're afforded.

What makes you say that? With Vita TV and the PS4, it looks like sony plans to bank on the vita for a while yet. It's not like the system is weak in any way so they can certainly milk it for awhile.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't see them doing ANOTHER Persona 3 game, without it being a sequel of sorts.

I mean, Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, the various PSN rereleases, I just can't see them remaking it AGAIN.

Squire

Banned
The unlikeliness of them announcing two Persona games at once has only just occurred to me.

Why?

What makes you say that? With Vita TV and the PS4, it looks like sony plans to bank on the vita for a while yet. It's not like the system is weak in any way so they can certainly milk it for awhile.

Yeah, those are good points. You still wouldn't announce a remaster 2-3 years in advance of release though.

Daimaou

It's not quite that farfetched. Both P4G and P2EPP were in development at the same time. They weren't announced at the same time, and both are ports, though.

Dantis

It would have to be an entirely different team. The whole of the Persona team will be working on P5 right now, just like they did with Catherine. When they split up for multiple games, they finish on the smaller project and then shift over to help with the larger one (Common practice. ND did likewise with U3 and LoU). But Persona 5 has been in development for years already, and a release is to be expected a mere matter of months after its announcement, so they're already going to be at the tail end of development.

They'll already be having to pull a handful of members out for Arena 2, and they'd have to pull a lot more out for an internal development. Unless they literally grab a previously unrelated team to work on it, it seems incredibly unlikely to me.

The only thing is that we don't know what the SMT4 guys are doing. There's always the chance that they've been roped into it.

It's not quite that farfetched. Both P4G and P2EPP were in development at the same time. They weren't announced at the same time, and both are ports, though.

These are both side projects with smaller teams, during which P5 would have been very early in development. Completely different.

Meia

I actually don't think it'll take 2 years for the other P3 movies to come out, but whatevs, who knows really? Think end of first movie has trailer for second coming out next summer, then last movie in winter.

I still wouldn't be shocked if one of those boxes wasn't for the 2nd movie at the least. I mean, if it really is 3 announcements, at least one has to be related to the Persona studio, but that doesn't mean they all do, right?

Squire

Banned
It would have to be an entirely different team. The whole of the Persona team will be working on P5 right now, just like they did with Catherine. When they split up for multiple games, they finish on the smaller project and then shift over to help with the larger one (Common practice. ND did likewise with U3 and LoU). But Persona 5 has been in development for years already, and a release is to be expected a mere matter of months after its announcement, so they're already going to be at the tail end of development.

They'll already be having to pull a handful of members out for Arena 2, and they'd have to pull a lot more out for an internal development. Unless they literally grab a previously unrelated team to work on it, it seems incredibly unlikely to me.

The only thing is that we don't know what the SMT4 guys are doing. There's always the chance that they've been roped into it.

These are both side projects with smaller teams, during which P5 would have been very early in development. Completely different.

I see what you're saying, but I think you're making a lot of assumptions about there work flow. They could probably manage small teams for Arena 2 and P3G at any point in development. The studio probably doesn't even have a crunch period. It's not like they're making a AAA game. Now that I'm saying this, ND is a really bad reference point.

I actually don't think it'll take 2 years for the other P3 movies to come out, but whatevs, who knows really? Think end of first movie has trailer for second coming out next summer, then last movie in winter.

I still wouldn't be shocked if one of those boxes wasn't for the 2nd movie at the least. I mean, if it really is 3 announcements, at least one has to be related to the Persona studio, but that doesn't mean they all do, right?

So, they spent a year promoting and producing the first film and you're thinking the next two will be out the following summer and then winter? Major theatrical motion pictures? That doesn't seem inconsistent to you?

Dantis

I see what you're saying, but I think you're making a lot of assumptions about there work flow. They could probably manage small teams for Arena 2 and P3G at any point in development. The studio probably doesn't even have a crunch period. It's not like they're making a AAA game. Now that I'm saying this, ND is a really bad reference point.

Pretty sure everyone has a crunch period, not just AAA. ND isn't a bad reference point, because it's what they did with P3P and Catherine.

And I guess we'll see on November 24th!

Squire

Banned
Pretty sure everyone has a crunch period, not just AAA. ND isn't a bad reference point, because it's what they did with P3P and Catherine.

And I guess we'll see on November 24th!

Not everyone has a Naughty Dog crunch though. Bad point of reference.

Squire

Banned
I didn't mention ND's crunch period. I think you misunderstood me.

Right. In general I wouldn't compare a studio like Atlus to one like ND. Even similar processes employed by both have minor differences due to scale. Atlus allocating team members to those other minor projects and ND moving people over to something else is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom